Disclaimer: This story is based on characters and situations created and owned by JK Rowling, various publishers including but not limited to Bloomsbury Books, Scholastic Books and Raincoat Books, and Warner Bros., Inc. No money is being made and no copyright or trademark infringement is intended.
Beta: Unbound




Draco strummed his fingers on the just cleared heavily polished walnut dining table in annoyance. “Is there anything else or may I go now?”

Narcissa rolled her eyes, grateful that Draco didn’t act this way in public. “Yes, you may.”

She ignored the Thank Merlin, her son muttered under his breath. What had she expected? He was a grown man. Lucius was long dead. There was no prestige left in being a Malfoy. Only manners and trying to act the part was left. But she did wonder where Draco was spending his nights of late.

Draco Apparated hurriedly away from the Manor. His lover smiled happily at seeing him. “You didn’t forget!”

“No Potter, you prat! How could I forget? You’ve been ranting about New Years for a week.” Draco commented trying to put a cold veneer on how warmed he was by his reception.

Harry wasn’t fooled at all by his ever grumpy lover. “I knew you’d come Draco, even if I had to scream, bitch and whine.”

“Why is that?” Draco asked laying his cloak carefully over Harry’s couch in the moderate estate on quiet grounds in the south of Ireland.

“Because you are a snob who could never resist a reason to have champagne,” Harry handed Draco his glass and they toasted to the new year. Draco spluttered as he took a sip and noticed something in the bottom of his glass.

“Are you trying to kill me?” He yelled irritably. “There’s something in this!”

“I know,” Harry smirked, dipping his fingers in and fishing it out, ignoring the looks of horror that Draco was giving him for ruining his glass of Brut Champagne. “This is for you.”

Draco took it in both confusion and curiosity from his lover’s wet fingers. Pushing the thought aside that he’d have to lick those clean later, he looked from Harry’s eyes sparkling with amusement to what he was now holding.

It was a ring, encrusted with a fine band of diamonds and platinum all along the middle. “Harry?”

Draco blinked looking back to where Harry had been. Where had he gone? Feeling a hand taking his own he looked down to see Harry on one knee. “Marry me?”

One squeal, smashed glass, wet floor and hard fuck later, Harry finally got the idea it equaled a ‘yes’. He finally put the ring on Draco’s finger to which his lover happily grinned.

“Oh, Draco?”

“Mmm?” Draco asked holding up his hand to admire the engagement ring during the afterglow of good sex.

“Happy New Year.”

Draco actually smiled.