Written for Nefernat for her Birthday
Disclaimer: PetFly Productions owns the Sentinel. No maliciousness intended.

Jim Ellison arrived back at the station feeling a bit dragged out after his meeting with his accountant. He had hoped to grab some lunch with his friend, Guide and partner, Blair Sandburg. Jim could admit, if only to himself, that he'd fallen in love with Blair a long time ago. Perhaps it was when he was when he first moved into what was now 'their' loft. Jim smiled at the memories that had accumulated over the years and entered the squad room with a grin, which soon turned to a frown.

Huddled around Blair's desk was what looked to be half the squad. "Hey, what gives?" He strode quickly over, not even bothering to take off his jacket. From where he stood he could just make out Blair's grinning face.

"Oh hey Jim, it's not a big deal," Blair refuted against the growing grin on his face.

Jim frowned further when Henry piped up with,"Yeah, right, Mr. Casanova over here is getting gifts from a secret admirer!"

The crowd began to move off as Simon's voice interrupted Blair's interrogation as to who it might be. "YOU GET PAID TO WORK PEOPLE!"

This of course prompted mutterings of how little in fact they did get paid and comparisons to feeding circus elephants peanuts.

Simon shooed them away only to glare down at Blair himself. "Isn't that the fourth this week?"

"What?" Jim felt hurt and surprised to have been kept in the dark.

Blair met his eyes guiltily. "Sorry Jim, I would have told you but I was worried you'd go all Blessed Protector on my ass."

Jim clenched his teeth together. He hated that 'blessed protector' tag that Blair had given him. Besides it was too close for comfort. He was about to ask if the mystery gifts had been run through the x-ray machine downstairs first. Catching Simon's eye he could see that his boss had read his mind.

Huffing under his breath, he turned his attention back to Blair who was trying to surreptiously stuff the latest gift, a Native American rattle, into a drawer that seemed ready to burst from presents. "I just remembered I have to meet with an informant."

Jim turned on his heels and stormed out of the room, pointedly ignoring Blair calling after him. Turning up his enhanced hearing he heard Simon say, "You should have told him Sandburg."

"Damn this is like chasing a dragon with a plastic sword," Blair growled. Jim turned back his hearing then since he could hear Blair running down the hall after him. He just managed to make it into the elevator Jim was taking down, despite the fact Jim had been pushing 'door closed' hard.

Blair was flushed and panting. Jim tried to ignore the affect it had on him as he stared at the glowing numbers signifying the floors going by as they descended. "Jim, come on let me explain."

Jim folded his arms over his chest. "Do I look like your confessor? Why should I care?"

"You know sometimes you have to give in and stop being such an ass! I'm trying to tell you this means nothing!" Blair yelled in aggravation, reaching out and pushing the emergency stop button.

Jim pushed the button again to disengage it, throwing a dirty look at Blair. "Great, so you insult me and expect me to listen? You have so many fans out there that you've grown callous to it. I got it Chief, now let me get on with my day. You just stay here. We wouldn't want you to miss another delivery."

Even as Jim said those words, he inwardly winced. But he was mad damn it. He belonged with Blair Sandburg, no one else. Why hadn't he thought of the present bit? Damn it. Now he was going to have to watch him date yet another beautiful leggy brunette.

"Must you do everything the hard way?" Blair growled, took a hold of Jim's arms and hauled him into a kiss.

Jim shuddered before wrapping his arms around Blair and fumbling for the emergency stop button. The elevator came to a halt just as they both came up for air. "Blair, we shouldn't –"

"Oh shut up Jim. If this makes us happy what does it matter what everyone else thinks?" Blair grinned, wrapped a strong hand around Jim's neck and pulled him into another kiss. Jim quickly responded this time pushing Blair into a wall and driving his thigh between Blair's legs, rubbing against him enthusiastically.

The phone began to ring on the wall. Reluctantly Jim pulled away from Blair and picked up the phone while Blair began to lick his throat. "Uh, yeah?"

"Hey Ellison! Man, am I glad you are okay," Jim recognized Rafe's voice. "You got Sandburg with you?"

"Oh yeah," Jim fought back a moan. "Sorry I think I slipped and pushed the stop button."

"Good, hey we got a call from his academic advisor over at the school wanting to know if Blair got his packages! It turns out they are just cleaning out a storage closet! He just assumed Blair would recognize them and figure out who it was from!" Laughter followed this.

But Jim was so happy he started to ravish Blair, slipping his hand up Blair's shirt to touch bare skin at last.

"Hey, you guys going to push that button again?"

Jim dropped the phone so he could pay better attention to Blair and kissing him passionately. Over their moans a tinny voice could be heard as the phone swung wildly. "Jim? Blair? Hey guys? You still there?"