Teal’c stood in the doorway to Dr. Daniel Jackson’s office watching his friend as Colonel Carter had insisted he do. She was very concerned that something was bothering Daniel. Teal’c knew what it was and that Samantha Carter did not want to know the reason. Closing the door quietly behind him he strode purposefully over to his friend.

“You are thinking of leaving the team,” Teal’c said as Daniel looked up, realizing he was there for the first time.

“Oh hi Teal’c. Yeah, I guess I am,” Daniel sighed.

“She still sees him as her property. I advise living in Minnesota.” Daniel laughed but it was sour and flat. “You have not told him yet.” Daniel shook his head. “You should grab the bull by the tail.”

“It’s by the horns and I am going over there tonight,” Daniel admitted.

“Do you wish me to go along Daniel Jackson?” Teal’c offered. “In case it goes North.”

“South, and yes actually I would.” Daniel smiled. Teal’c nodded. “I’ll meet you in the parking lot in an hour.”

“You will not.” Teal’c replied, surprising Daniel. At Daniel’s confused face Teal’c added. “We will leave now.”

Daniel nodded and grabbed his laptop before they left. It didn’t take long to get to Jack’s house, but they were surprised to see he had company. They knocked on the door and Jack opened it. “Daniel! Teal’c!” Walking in Daniel saw with relief it was George Hammond.

“Hello boys, how are things on base?” George asked leaning forward in his chair.

“Things are well,” Teal’c answered with a smile.

They all settled into a friendly chat. Surprisingly, it was George who brought up the subject. “Did Sam finally give up on you yet Jack?”

Jack laughed. “No, she just doesn’t seem to get it.”

“What is it she needs to get?” Teal’c asked.

“That it takes an alternate timeline or dimension for us to EVER get together,” Jack shook his head.

George stood up. “Teal’c can you help me grab the steaks out in the kitchen?” Teal’c nodded and followed George, who gave Jack a fatherly pat on the shoulder before he left the room.

“Why is that?” Daniel asked nervously.

Jack looked into the neck of his beer bottle rolling it between his fingers. “Because there was another scientist who already had that position.” He looked up meaningfully at Daniel who gasped then smiled happily. Feeling like a child he pointed at himself and Jack nodded. Daniel’s grin became contagious and filled Jack’s face too.

“Well, it looks like we need to grab a few more steaks, so Teal’c and I should be back in about an hour,” George said grinning and winking at them both. Teal’c was smiling as well then nodded before they left. Jack was laughing.

“What’s so funny?” Daniel asked after the two men left.

“I have about a dozen steaks in the freezer and he knows it,” Jack took Daniel by the hand and pulled Daniel into his arms. “I have to remember to thank him sometime for leaving when he did.”

“Why?” Daniel asked wrapping his arms around Jack’s neck.

“Because an hour will give me just enough time to de-brief you,” Jack smirked.

“And a recognizance mission?” Daniel teased noticing Jack was walking him steadily backward toward the bedroom.

“Oh definitely with probing and prodding,” Jack groaned.

“I’ll need to catalog everything I find very carefully,” Daniel smirked.

“Daniel shut up or we’re going to have a premature launch,” Jack grabbed Daniel by the hand and began to drag him toward the bedroom at a much faster pace.

“Then we’ll just have to make sure it’s worth it in the end,” Daniel laughed as he was practically tossed into Jack’s room.

“Prepare for a dressing down!” Jack yelled as the door slammed on their past and they entered their new frontier, riding together once again.