Chapter 5

At the Royal Plaza, Remus, Sirius and Draco were taking tea in Draco's suite. They had just finished working out the details of Remus being Draco's agent when the conversation turned to other topics.

"So what made you two decide to get married?" Draco asked, while gesturing between the pair.

"Remus couldn't let a good cook go!" Sirius kidded.

"Bad dog, no biscuit," retorted Remus, shaking a finger in his husband's direction.

Draco watched the playful interaction and couldn't help but feel a bit envious at the couples' obvious happiness. His eyes glazed over, and the couple stopped teasing each other.

"Actually Draco, we couldn't stand to be apart from each other," Remus answered seriously.

Draco smiled and his eyes glazed over again. The couple looked at each other knowingly.

"Did you know, Draco, that my Godson is thinking of quitting England National?" Sirius asked evenly.

"What? Why?" Draco asked in alarm. "He's the best Seeker they've ever had!"

"Something about it hasn't been the same since he left school," Remus replied quietly.

"Really? I haven't played at all since school. It's not the same for me either," Draco said sadly.

Sirius growled impatient with this English game of cat and mouse. He put down his tea and glared at Draco.

"Look, I've had enough of this. Are you or are you not in love with my Godson?" Sirius demanded.

Draco smiled, "Yes, I am. I think I have been for most of my life, actually." Remus beamed.

Sirius sat back and crossed his arms over his chest, "And what are your intentions toward my Godson?"

Remus smacked him," Geez Sirius how old fashioned can you be?"

"I don't care; I want an answer. Harry's been through enough; I will not have him hurt!" Sirius barked at this husband.

Draco put down his tea. "I don't mind answering, really. I've been thinking about it for ten long, lonely years. If Harry lets me, I want to spend the rest of my life with him. That is, with your blessings of course."

Sirius smiled and put his arm around his husband. "See Remus, the old ways are the best. Of course you have our blessings." He stood to get up, "Well, come on everyone; time to go!"

"Go? Go where?" Remus asked in confusion.

"Well ring shopping of course!" Sirius beamed and rubbed his hands together. Draco smiled at Sirius' optimism and the trio left the room together. Unfortunately, they ran into a problem the second they stepped outside the hotel.

"DRACO!" a mob of fans yelled and flashes of wizard cameras went off. There were signs that screamed, "MARRY ME DRACO!" The trio ran back into the hotel and security was dispatched to disperse the crowd.

Draco was visibly shaken and had to sit down to recover.

"Well this puts a bit of a muck up on things doesn't it?" Remus asked.

"Too be polite about it yeah. We will just have to apparate to Diagon Alley." Sirius said.

"A-a-apparate?" Draco gasped.

"Sure!" Remus said and popped out suddenly. But, seeing the look on Draco's face, Sirius didn't leave.

"Draco, when was the last time you apparated?" Sirius asked softly.

"Um, my N.E.W.T. exams my final year?" Draco said shakily.

"Ah, come on then we'll go together," Sirius held out a hand to Draco. The blond took the hand and, looking around the lobby, they apparated to Diagon Alley.

"What took so long?" Remus asked his husband as he appeared with Draco.

"Draco you can open your eyes," Sirius said softly, "He hasn't done this in ten years."

Remus nodded in understanding, and they went to go find rings.