Chapter 3

Draco Malfoy watched out the window of his private jet plane as it began its descent into London. The familiar sights of Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, and the House of Commons swam past his window. Despite his third drink, he found his hands were shaking. He held on to the arm of his seat and closed his eyes as the plane began to land. In truth he hated planes, but the idea of an apparition gone wrong scared him even more. Upon leaving the jet, he made his way through the airport as quickly as possible. He froze as he passed a wizarding newsstand and saw Harry's picture emblazoned on the front cover of a tabloid. Draco quickly paid for the magazine, and tucked it away for later reading. When the Rolls-Royce lorry pulled away from the curb to take him to his hotel, he took out the tabloid.

Harry Potter will be a bachelor for auction at a charity event this week

Sources reveal that the wizarding world will have a chance to bid on a romantic getaway with Harry Potter. Bids will be taken in person and by muggle phone. Mr. Potter was reluctant to join the event even though it is one close to his heart, as he is an orphan. However, sources reveal that a mystery bidder joining the event is what made the bachelor decide to participate. Rumor has it that the bachelor has harbored secret feelings toward this bidder for many years. This auction will be a do-not-miss on the social calendar. For further information contact Hermione Granger Weasley by owl.

Draco's hands began to shake again. In his heart of hearts he hoped against hope that he was the mystery bidder. When he reached his room he sent an owl to Hermione immediately.

Hermione sat in her living room sifting through scrolls when her smallest daughter Molly Anna, brought her a new one. She smiled at the tiny red headed girl as she skipped happily out of the room. Hermione tried to make herself as comfortable as she could in her last month of pregnancy, and began to read.

Dear Granger-Weasley,

I heard of your charity event and I came to London to be a bidder. Please contact me at the Royal Plaza with information on how to place bids by phone, as well as an agent to represent me on my behalf.

Sincerely,

Draco Malfoy


Hermione screamed with joy. Draco bidding would mean so much to the charity! Ron came running into the room in a panic with a suitcase in his hand.

"Is it time?" he yelped.

"No dear, but guess what, Draco Malfoy is going to be a bidder at the auction! Isn't that marvelous?" she said joyfully.

"Bloody marvelous; no more screaming, okay honey?" Ron grumbled, as he almost tripped over one of his four sons running in the hallway.


Draco woke from his light nap to the sound of the phone ringing. He reached over and grabbed it still face down in the pillows.

"Yeah?" he grunted sleepily.

"Malfoy?" a familiar female voice said.

"Granger?" Draco rolled over and tried to focus. He sat up and tossed his long hair over his shoulder, looking for a pad and pen.

"Draco! It is you! I was so thrilled to get your letter. How did you find out?"

"Remus Lupin sent me an owl, said that Harry was thinking of backing out, and if I joined in the fun he could probably convince him to join."

"Oh my god, are you the mystery bidder?"

"You read that article too, Granger?"

"Yes, I did. Do you think it's you?"

"Well, if I'm not, I'm going to give someone a run for their money."

"Do you mean you are only here to bid on Harry?"

"Is that a problem Granger?"

"OH NO! It's great, but does he know that you are here to bid on him? I mean, you might actually be the mystery bidder!"

"I don't know if Harry knows that I will only bid on him. But he knows I will be participating by bidding."

"But why Draco; why Harry? I thought you two hated each other in school."

"Well, Granger the line between hate and love can be very fine. I've done nothing but think of him since we graduated."

Hermione began to cry.

"Granger, are you crying?"

"Sorry, preggers, my emotions are crazy. But that is so sweet!"

"Preggers? Is this your first?"

"Oh no, this will be our sixth!" Hermione said happily.

"S-sixth?" Draco gasped.

"Oh yes, four boys and one girl, so far!"

Draco began to look for a cigarette, with shaky hands, thinking he picked a bad year to quit.

"Granger?"

"Yes?"

"Is Harry dating anyone?"

"No, he hasn't dated at all since Hogwarts. It's been awful; he's been so sad."

Another voice was heard on the phone," Mommy, Uncle Fred and George turned Ben into a canary!"

"Oh Draco, I have to go. Here, copy down this number and have Remus be your agent. The bidding starts at noon, but Harry will be the last one on the block. Hope to see you soon! Bye!"

"Bye Granger, thanks."

Draco went to lie down again, and as sleep overtook him he began to dream of emerald eyes.