Disclaimer: This story is based on characters and situations created and owned by JK Rowling, various publishers including but not limited to Bloomsbury Books, Scholastic Books and Raincoat Books, and Warner Bros., Inc. No money is being made and no copyright or trademark infringement is intended.

I do own the characters of Molly Anna, Ben and Anthony.
A/N: Special thanks to my wonderful beta Cofaym
And to my IM buddy Irish
AU: Sirius never died and was cleared off all charges.
Harry had surgery to correct his vision.
Time: Harry is now 28.
Pairings: HG/RW, RL/SB, HP/DM

Introduction:

Harry Potter was a well-respected man in the wizarding world. He was in line to inherit the Black Family fortune. His trim and muscular physique made him very popular among both male and female fans.

The famous emerald eyes were plastered on covers of several magazines. As the Boy Who Lived, he had fulfilled his destiny, but never was there a serious love in his life. Harry lived happily with his Godfather, Sirius Black, and Sirius' longtime lover and husband Remus Lupin when he wasn't on tour with the England National Quidditch Team.

Unfortunately for Harry, his old schoolmate, Hermione Granger Weasley, was always dragging him back into the spotlight in her capacity as a charity coordinator. She was also determined to see Harry settle down and be as domestic as her. Harry's other schoolmate, Hermione's husband Ron, was reluctant to get in his wife's way. Therefore, Harry could rarely count on him to help divert Hermione's attention from any charity schemes.

Draco Malfoy had become a jet-setting recluse after graduation. He was listed as one of the top wizarding bachelors. His picture was often alongside Harry's in the top five categories of most sexy men or most eligible bachelors.

By wealth alone, after inheriting the Malfoy Family fortune, he was sought after by men and women alike. That didn't even take into consideration the handsome features of the long-haired platinum blond with the body of an Adonis.












Chapter one

Harry was sitting in the sunlit kitchen of his Godfather's summerhouse, near Dublin. The home was casual, in the classic Irish country style, and within walking distance to the cliffs overlooking the ocean. Remus had biked into town to fetch the morning papers , as Sirius was cooking breakfast.

"Sirius?" Harry asked his Godfather.

"Yeah, Harry?" Sirius said as he flipped the bacon. "You finally going to tell me what's been bugging you?"

Harry chuckled at his Godfather's perceptiveness.

"I'm thinking of quitting Quidditch," Harry said softly.

"WHAT?" Sirius bellowed, partly because he was upset and partly because he was just splattered with bacon grease.

The back door opened and Remus entered with an armful of newspapers and magazines. He walked over to Sirius and kissed the injury he was now running under cold water, while cursing a blue streak.

"The door Remus," Sirius growled playfully. Remus smiled and kicked the door shut, then dumped the periodicals on the small table by the door.

"You made another magazine Harry," Remus chuckled, tossing it in the man's direction.

Harry groaned and looked at the headline, "Will Harry Potter ever love you? Take our love test," it blared from its cover with a picture of Harry playing in a Quidditch match.

"Remus, will you please stop buying these to torment me?" Harry growled, as he flung the magazine at the werewolves' head.

"Tell him your news Harry," Sirius snapped unhappily as he served breakfast.

"OH, Harry did someone take your test and now you love them?" Remus kidded, then ducked as Harry tossed a soda bread biscuit at his head.

"Hey! I just baked those!" Sirius yelled. "Tell him Harry, and no more food throwing!"

"I'm thinking of quitting Quidditch," Harry said softly.

"Why?" Remus asked with genuine concern.

"It's just never been the same since Hogwarts. I've just been playing to play, really. I had a reporter ask me the other day what my plans were for next season, and I realized I could care less," Harry said as he buttered a roll.

Remus and Sirius exchanged looks of concern. They often had private talks that perhaps Harry was carrying a torch for his old Quidditch rival, Draco Malfoy, who he had not seen in years. But Harry had never come this close to admitting it. There were many hesitant looks at the pictures of Draco in magazines, which over time had a sad look to them.

"So what are you going to do instead?" Sirius asked between bites of potato.

"I don't know, maybe go away for awhile. Try to find somewhere that no one has ever heard of me." Harry said, then excused himself.

He walked out the door of the kitchen and headed for the cliffs.

"Remus, I'm really starting to worry about him," Sirius said sadly.

An owl tapped loudly on one of the kitchen windows and Remus went over to let it in.

"Oh no, not her!" Sirius groaned, looking at the tell tale pink scroll in the owls talons which indicated it was from Hermione Weasley.

"Maybe whatever she has cooked up for Harry this time will distract him," Remus said hopefully as he took the scroll and gave the owl a bit of bread.

Dear Harry,

The annual charity drive for Magical Orphans is this month. This year I was picked for the Committee! I've decided on a bachelor auction. Winning bidders will be given a romantic weekend getaway for two with their bachelor. Bidders can call in their bids on phone or be there in person. All proceeds go to the Orphans fund. I trust this will be a cause near and dear to your heart and you will be willing to be a bachelor for our worthy cause. I expect your answer by no later than tomorrow.

I have faith that you will not let the Orphans down!
Hermione Granger Weasley

Remus read the letter to Sirius who choked on his food.

"Harry's going to go stark raving mad at this one!" Sirius yowled.

"Actually it might be just what he needs," Remus said thoughtfully.

"Are you mad?" Sirius asked him seriously.

"What do you say to playing a little matchmaking ourselves Siri'?" Remus said with an evil grin.

"Remus, what are you up to?" Sirius asked nervously.

Remus got up, looked out the window to see if Harry was coming back, and satisfied, sat down with a quill and scroll.

Dear Draco,

You may not remember me from my short time of teaching you at Hogwarts. However, I am sure you recall my husband's Godson, Harry Potter. He was asked to participate in the Bachelor Auction for the Magical Orphans next week, but Harry is very reluctant to be a bachelor.

If Harry knew that you were participating, he would be much more likely to be involved. I know you are very busy and couldn't possibly be a bachelor, but perhaps you could become involved in some other way. Bids will be accepted by phone or in person. Winning bidders will be given a romantic weekend getaway for two with their bachelor. All proceeds go to the Orphans fund. I am sure this is a cause near and dear to your heart. Please send your answer by return owl as soon as possible.

I have faith that you will not let the Orphans down!
Remus Lupin


With a flourish, Remus finished the letter, of which he had copied most from Hermione's, and handed it to Sirius.

"Oh, he is going to kill you Remus," Sirius moaned.

"Who is going to tell him?" Remus wiggled an eyebrow in the direction of his husband.

He got up, sealed the scroll and handed it to their house owl for delivery. The owl flew out the still open window.

"What about an answer for that Weasley woman?" Sirius growled in disapproval.

"We will stall," said the smiling werewolf.

He got out some more writing materials and wrote another letter.

Dear Hermione,

Harry is of course very reluctant, as you well know his hatred of the spotlight. Perhaps if you tell us who the confirmed bachelors are for the event, we can help you talk him into participating.

Remus Lupin

Remus showed the letter to Sirius. His husband groaned and began to clean up, "I'm glad I'm not your bloody enemy!" he growled from the sink. Remus chuckled and gave the scroll to Hermione's owl and it left through the window. Sirius looked out the window and worried about his Godson, who seemed sadder with each passing day.