Size: 23 kb
Pairing: Paris/Chakotay
Date: 4/1/ 00
WARNING: Ok: This is implied slash (sorry) it is dark. The place is Starfleet HQ, after Voyager returns home. It is gloomy it is tragic. It has death. It has despair. Not a funny piece! What can I say it has been a long week at work.








*****************************
“I remember being surprised when he asked me out. But hell he was bleeding and possibly dying at the time what else could I say but yes. Of course I was always attracted to him. But, I never thought he felt the same. I mean how could he? He was younger, and so handsome. So Paris. Once the Doctor patched him up he was released from Sickbay. I thought it would never be mentioned again. Then he showed up at my cabin and was dressed for a night out. Tom had developed this program of a restaurant he loved in France. Gods he loved it. So we went there. I couldn’t tell you what we ate. We made love into the late night. I have never felt so much love ever in a person. He was beyond fantastic. We screamed and yelled each others names to the Spirits. We crossed over into another being, together. His love and understanding as we took each other over and over again, was in his eyes. Those sapphire blue eyes….”

“Go on, Commander.”

“I’m sorry, Counselor.”

“It’s okay. Take your time. No one said it would be easy.”

“Easy? Easy? Do you think I ever thought it would be easy? I thought that I would die! How could I live without Tom? My TOM! Gone. I’ll never see him again. I’ll never…”

“Commander…”

“No, I couldn’t have...I didn’t …OH SPIRITS…It was because of me…No. No. He can’t be dead. He isn’t! And IF he is I am dead too! I don’t want to be alive!”

“Security! It’s Commander Chakotay! NO! Commander! NO!”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------Later, at the home of Will & Deanna Riker… “Deanna, no one blames you.”

“I blame me Will. I felt how deep his attachment to Tom Paris was.”

“Deanna, please do not do this to your self.”

“Oh Will, I thought he was just upset and would throw the pitcher against the wall!”

“Deanna it is ok. Come here let me hold you.”

“Oh Will… to throw the water into the force field and then himself!”

“It was not you we will never know what they suffered out there in the Delta Quadrant.” -loud anguished sobbing

“And to have the man he loved die on a mission he sent him on.” - heart wrenching sobbing “It would break even a former Maquis Captain like Chakotay.”

THE END