Chapter 8: The Spirit Board
--------------------------

Harry was one of the last to climb the ladder for Divination class. He really thought it was a waste of time, so he never hurried to get to this class.

Professor Trelawney was using a Spirit board for class today. She explained it and then several were handed out to groups of students. Ron and Harry were split up for laughing to loudly and Harry was paired with Seamus and Dean instead. Harry was very glad of this because he felt freer to talk to them about Draco.

“Go ahead ask it something Harry,” prodded Dean.

“Like what?” asked Harry.

Seamus laughed. “Oh there are just too many things.”

“How about if Draco wants in your pants?”

“Or does he love you?”

“Will he stay true to you once you give him what he wants?”

“Okay, okay what was the first thing?”

“The pants!”

Harry turned bright red, as the pointer went straight to ‘yes’.

“Okay, what was next Seamus?” asked Dean taking pity on Harry.

“L.O.V.E.” spelled out Seamus.

Harry bit his lip and turned redder as the board said ‘yes’ again. But he hoped the board was right.

‘Let’s see if he’ll stay true.”

Again the board went to ‘yes’. Harry sighed, that question made him nervous.

Dean and Seamus asked the board question in whispers, while Harry sat in a daze. It was the first class of Divination he had really enjoyed. When Dean and Seamus got tired of the board, and began to chatter among themselves, Harry asked the board a question in a whisper.

“Does Draco love me as much as I love him?”

The board said ‘yes’, and Harry just spent the rest of the class playing with Draco’s class ring. He could hardly wait for class to end. He wondered if Draco was thinking about him too.



Arithmancy was not a difficult subject for Draco, normally. But this was not a normal day for Draco. He couldn’t concentrate. Thankfully, Blaise was a good note taker. Draco tried to just sit back and listen but he kept drifting off into a daze. He finally gave up and wrote “Harry” all over his notes. When he ran out of room, he just played with Harry’s Gryffindor class ring.

Draco started to think about the last kiss Harry gave him. And the kiss Harry had given in the Transfiguration classroom, and before that was the kiss outside the Greenhouses. Even the trademark smirk had fallen from his face. Instead Draco was beaming, grinning ear to ear. He was dating Harry Potter.

Now if everyone else in the school, would just leave Harry alone. Harry was shaken this morning; Draco could see it plainly on the Gryffindors face. Draco felt a warm affection for his head of House, for thinking of the repelling potion. He hoped Harry wouldn’t have to even use it. Draco wondered how on earth he was going to stop all the gay guys in Hogwarts from trying to steal Harry from him. By now the smile was gone, and a dangerous, angry Draco now sat next to Blaise.

Blaise didn’t know what to make of the range of emotions that played across Draco’s face during class. At first he was happier than Blaise had ever seen him. Then he looked angrier than Blaise had ever seen him. Blaise wished the class would end, knowing that once Draco was with Harry he’d feel better. It was then that Blaise’s mouth dropped open, as he realized Draco was in love with Harry Potter. His eyes rolled back into his head and he passed out. Before he’d even thought of what he was doing Draco popped one of the new Weasley candies into Blaise’s mouth. Draco was so preoccupied in getting to Harry when class ended he had failed to notice that Blaise had turned into a one-eyed, one-horned flying purple people eater. Luckily Blaise wasn’t hungry, but he did start to play a mean tune on his horn.