Chapter 7: On being Frigid
----------------------

The rest of lunch was fairly uneventful, and Harry began to feel at ease with most of the Slytherins. He really liked Blaise, and could see why he was Draco’s best friend. He seemed to know a little about everything.

After lunch, Draco walked Harry down to Potions. They arrived early and started to set up their books and such for class.

“Harry?”

“Yes, Draco?”

“Could you do me a favor?”

“Anything.”

“Try not to fight with Professor Snape.”

Harry was rather surprised at this request, but nodded. No one else was in the class yet, so Draco came over and sat next to Harry.

‘He’s a friend of the family, and my head of house.”

“I understand.”

Draco gave Harry a soft gentle kiss as thanks, and then went to sit in his assigned spot as the class began to fill. The Gryffindors were all very happy with Harry, and were talking happily about his suitors changing to canaries. Ron gave Harry a whole bag of new candy that had a note attached. It was from the twins.

These are a whole new lot we’ve been dying to try, make sure to give some to lover boy, too.

See you F & G


Harry smiled and tucked it into his bag just before Snape entered. As he did, the class became still and quiet.

“I believe in the light of today’s events in the Great Hall.”

He looked pointedly at Harry and Draco.

“We shall make a repelling potion. It will make any one you do not wish to come near you - stay away until the potion wears off. The ingredients are on the board. The best potion at the end of class, will be given to Mr. Potter, who seems to be having a problem with too many members in his fan club.”

They all went to work, and Harry felt very embarrassed throughout the entire affair. But he felt very proud when Snape announced he would be drinking the potion Draco had made. Hermione was slightly put out, but okay with it.
Harry walked over to Draco to drink it. Draco shook his head to signal it was ok.
It was odd when Harry drank the potion. He felt cold all over and on the inside. His classmates and teacher watched as he shivered, then a brilliant blue light seemed to pour out of his eyes, ears, and mouth, like liquid ice. Then the light ran down the chain to Draco’s class ring, and swirled around it until it disappeared with a faint sound like a bell being rung. Harry felt faint, his knees were shaking; he gasped and could feel himself falling to the floor. But Draco caught him, just in time. He pulled Harry back up and sat him in his chair. Harry was still shaking. Draco was pulling off his cloak to put it over Harry.

“The after effects of the potion are exactly as they should be. I am sure you have heard the expression of someone being ‘frigid’? Mr. Potter is now a walking Popsicle, if anyone comes near him he doesn’t wish to be near him will receive a blast of icy air. His normal body temperature should even out in the next few minutes. The potion will wear off before the end of classes today.”

The class was dismissed. Soon only Harry, Draco and Professor Snape remained. Snape raised his eyebrow at Harry.

“Still cold Mr. Potter?”

“Y-y-esss Professor.”

“It has been known, Mr. Malfoy that if the person who receives the potion is inordinately fond of another person, such a person might assist in quickening the return to normal body temperature.”

Then the Professor swept from the room.

“W-w-what d-d-id he m-m-ean?” Harry asked through chattering teeth.

Draco smiled.

“This.”

Draco leaned over and kissed Harry. It was a passionate kiss, filled with lust, desire and yearning. Harry felt like he was on fire. When Draco pulled away, Harry smiled dazed.

“Wow.”

“Still cold Harry?” asked Draco while blowing icy smoke rings in the air.

“No.”

“Better make sure.”

Harry put his arms around Draco, pulling him in tight and kissed Draco with the same passion, lust, desire and yearning, as Draco had kissed him. When Harry pulled away, Draco looked dazed.

“Whoa.”

Harry winked and gave Draco his cloak back. Draco and Harry walked as far as they could together before parting for their last class. Several guys who, having not learned their lesson yet, had tried to ask him out despite Draco’s warning and being turned to canaries - stopped Harry, on his way to class.

Soon there was a rather large collection of ice sculptures littering the hallways.