Chapter 5: Stolen kisses

Draco was waiting for Harry outside the Greenhouse. He put his arm around Harry’s shoulder again, and began to walk Harry toward the school.

“So Harry, do you have Quidditch practice tonight?”

“Yeah, actually.”

Draco grabbed Harry and swung him around in a circle. “YES!” He shouted happily. Harry chuckled at the bigger Slytherins antics. Then Draco furrowed his forehead.

“SHITE” he drawled.

“What’s wrong, Draco?”

“I just realized that means no date tonight.”

“Hmmm,” and Draco looked at Harry in a very suspicious manner.

“Draco?” Harry gulped and moved backwards.

Draco lunged at Harry, who screamed and ran for it. Draco tore after Harry laughing the entire way. He finally tackled the Gryffindor landing on top of him, just as he had made it around a corner of the building.

They were gasping and laughing at the same time.

“What was that look for Draco?” Harry sputtered out.

“I just wanted to kiss you.”

Draco leaned over, and pulled Harry into his lap, smiling. He removed Harry’s glasses and lost himself in the perfect dark green eyes. He softly kissed Harry, so tenderly that Harry barely felt it across his lips. But he was sure his heart had just exploded at the pleasure derived from that little kiss.
Draco’s eyes had gone to a very dark stormy gray and then he pulled Harry into a kiss so passionate, Harry saw stars. Draco leaned his forehead against Harry’s. The Gryffindor could hear Draco’s ragged breathing.

“I don’t think I can trust myself for very long like this Harry. We need some serious time together, so I can have a real snogging session with you.”

“Tomorrow night, say at 8 right here?” Harry whispered.

“Make it 7.” Draco whispered before he pulled Harry into another passionate kiss. Draco slowly eased apart Harry’s lips and tasted his tongue, in a slow languid manner, which made a slight moan escape from Harry.

“DAMN! OK! Get up Harry, right now - before I’m sporting a trouser monster all day.”

Harry got up a little too quickly and staggered; still slightly dazed from the best kisses he had ever received in his life.

Draco pulled himself up gracefully, and brushed himself off. He smiled as he put his arm around Harry’s shoulder, and led him back up to the school.

Neither noticed the ton tongue taffy trail that Ron had left on his way back to the castle.



When Ron returned to the school his twin brothers greeted him. They began to laugh hysterically at Ron’s tongue.

“Finite Incantatum!” said Fred, still chuckling.

“Ugh,” grunted Ron, unable to talk yet, but tasting grass and mud in his mouth.

“Listen up, Ron. We owe Draco Malfoy big time so you are going to be very nice to him and Harry.”

“Wha…,” grunted Ron, desperately looking for a piece of gum.

“What Fred means, is that it is because of Draco that Harry rejoined the team!”

“What George is getting at, is the fact that Draco wrote all those letters to Harry to cheer him up and get him flying again.”

“Why?” Ron managed to say.

“Harry has been moping around here because he was in love with Malfoy, and couldn’t handle going against him in Quidditch!” said George.

“And you call yourself his best friend! Harry didn’t want to tell you because he didn’t want to upset you. He’s been fighting all these years with Malfoy because of you. He was willing to throw his dreams away because of you,” said Fred.

“If you care at all about Harry, the way he cared about your feelings, you would find someway to patch things up with Malfoy and be happy for Harry, you great git,” said George

“Malfoy fell in love with Harry, and meant everything he said in those letters. We’ve been friends with Draco for ages, he’s bloody great bloke, once you get past that wall of his.”

“Mind you, that wall would do Pink Floyd proud.”

“Too true, dear brother.”

They both punched Ron in an arm, and walked away, letting Ron think about what they said to him.


When Harry and Draco entered the castle, they ran into Hagrid, literally.

“Oh, hi Hagrid,” said Harry cheerfully.

Draco decided it might not be a good idea to say anything right away.

“Er, hello. So how come you two decided to be friendly-like? Is there something going on you care to tell me?”

The two Seekers looked at each other, smiled and pulled out their chains, with the school rings on them. Hagrid looked at the necklaces, noticing the school rings, and then looked at their beaming faces, and Draco’s arm around Harry’s shoulder. His eyes rolled up into the back of his head, and began to fall back as Harry yelled, “TIMBER!”

When Hagrid hit the floor, several students screamed, and many suits of armor and pictures fell down. Draco and Harry almost fell over laughing. Harry was clutching his sides, as he handed Draco two canary creams, shaking his head, and falling to the floor. At this Draco, fell on one knee in hysterics, and put the two Canary Creams in Hagrid’s mouth.

They pulled themselves together and took off running down the hall, their joined laughter echoing off the walls.


With a giant “POOF,” sound Hagrid became the largest canary ever known in recorded history. Professor Flitwick was the first to find this extraordinary creature. He magically caged it, and levitated it to his classroom, and sent for Colin Creevey to take a picture of it. They went together to send the photos off to the Daily Prophet.

Hours later a very confused Mrs. Norris found Hagrid in the cage, and Filch reluctantly freed him.



Harry and Draco arrived Transfigurations early and out of breath. They had just enough time to smarten up their appearances before Professor McGonagall entered the room.

“Ah, Mr. Potter and Mr. Malfoy, I would like to take this opportunity to speak to you. I just spoke with Madame Sprout who had the most interesting tale to relate. She seems to be under the impression that you two are currently involved in a romantic relationship. Is this true?”

They both smiled and said, “Yes Professor.”

They were rather startled by her reaction. Professor Minerva McGonagall transformed into her Animagus form of a cat, and bounded around the room, racing around excitedly. At last she jumped onto her desk and transformed back into human form. She jumped down and clapped her hands.

“OH, ho, ho, ho! That’s truly wonderful gentlemen, but if I may be so forward to ask who asked who?” she asked with glee.

“Draco asked me Professor.”

“OH BOTHER! But when Potter, when?”

“Today before Herbology Professor,” said Draco looking just as perplexed as Harry felt.

“OH! So you only had one class before this happened?”

They both nodded, in total bewilderment as to what was going on with the Professor. Evidently, her severely, tight, hair bun had been wound a bit too tightly that morning.

“OH, ho, ho, ho, ho!” Albus owes me 100 galleons! HA! But, really Mr. Potter could you not have asked Mr. Malfoy first? I will have to pay 50 galleons of that to Severus!”

But she still seemed quite pleased. She laughed, winked, and went to her desk as students began to fill the room.

Draco and Harry just stood there. Then they turned to look at each other.

“The teachers bet on us getting together?” asked Harry.

“Certainly looks that way.” Draco replied.

“Well, at least Snape should be happy,” Harry, said as an afterthought.

“Yes, he loves getting one over on McGonagall,” said Draco with a smirk.

Harry just nodded, and they smiled at Professor McGonagall who beamed at them, and motioned for them to take their seats.

“Attention class, attention. In honor of this mornings event in the Great Hall, the Headmaster said that you may sit with whomever you wish in my class “ as long as there is no fighting.”

She smiled, nodded and waved her hands about to show them that they should do so now if they so desired.

Ron went and sat down by Hermione, Dean sat by Seamus anyway so he didn’t move, but Draco came and sat down next to Harry.

“Good, good. Today will discuss animal mates in regards to Transfiguration.”

They spent the rest of the class taking rather complicated notes. Then they were given their homework, of researching life long animal mates and were dismissed for lunch.

Draco was rather surprised when Ron came over to him at the end of class.

“I’d like to speak with you.”

Harry stopped, but Draco motioned for him to wait outside.

“Go ahead,” Draco said folding his arms across his chest.

“I heard what you did,” Ron put his hands in his pockets.

“Your brothers, I take it.” Draco scowled.

‘Yes.”

“I must admit I was surprised you let him quit.”

“I didn’t know what was going on with him.”

“Did you ask?” Draco raised one eyebrow questioningly.

“Yes, he wouldn’t tell me,” Ron admitted.

“He didn’t want to upset you.”

‘Yeah, well that’s how Harry is.”

“I know,” and Draco smiled.

“So you two are really, um?”

“Yes, we are.” Draco smiled even more.

“Well, then for Harry?” and Ron put his hand out for Draco to shake.

“For Harry.” And Draco shook Ron’s hand.

“So how are you and my brothers friends?” Ron asked.

“Didn’t they ever tell you about how I helped them send a toilet seat to the Daily Prophet?” Ron started to laugh and he was still laughing as he exited the room.

Harry was wondering if Draco had hexed Ron.

“It’s okay Harry,” said Draco putting his arm around Harry’s shoulder again.

Harry sighed.

“Alright Ron?”

“Fine mate.” And Ron walked off still chuckling.

“Whew, I thought you hexed him!” Harry told Draco.

“No, but Fred and George had a talk with him. I’ll have to thank them.”

Harry smiled and Draco smiled back at him. Then Harry led Draco back into the Transfigurations class, where Draco was pleasantly surprised to be on the receiving end of a very passionate kiss. Neither of them noticed a cat discretely slinking out of the room, swishing her long tail happily, and purring.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------