Chapter 4: Draco + Harry











Harry sat happily next to Ron in class. Ron was picking small yellow feathers off his cloak.

“Hey Ron, can I be Seeker again?”

Ron just nodded, still in shock from this morning. Plus, he had a strong desire for some suet.

‘YES!” Harry yelled and punched the air.

“Huh, what are you yelling for?” asked Ron who was just coming out of his stupor.

“You said I could be back on the team.”

“Huh, I did, oh, yeah sure you can be Seeker, and we didn’t get to even hold tryouts.”

“Cool.” Harry was smiling happily.

“Hey Harry,” said Dean Thomas from the other side of Ron.

“Yeah Dean?” asked the still smiling Seeker.

“You should ask Malfoy out, so you two, and Seamus and I can double date.”

Ron passed out. Seamus shoved a candy into his mouth.

Seamus and Harry dragged Ron back up to the bench, smacking him a few times, to make him come around. Ron still had a wild look on his face, like Voldemort had just done the can-can for him.

“You and Seamus are dating; I had wondered about that.” Harry said.

Ron turned to look at Dean like antennae had just sprouted from his head. Ron hadn’t been able to see his own antennae, because there wasn’t a mirror hanging about.

“Oh, yeah we’ve been dating for almost a year now. So are you going to ask Malfoy out?” Dean asked trying not to snicker at Ron’s new high profile antennae.

Ron looked at Harry now, like he was sure Harry was about to sprout a new head. Of course, Ron’s second head had only just begun to grow.

“Um, I hadn’t thought about it. I mean we just started talking, and how did you know that I was “bi-“, Harry whispered the last bit, and trying hard not to laugh at Ron.

Ron seemed to have developed a twitch in his right eye. It might have been the conversation or the whiskers he was growing.

“And, um, if you don’t mind me asking have “have you, um…” asked Harry.

“Oh yeah. It’s wonderful. It’s totally different than with girls,” said Dean.

Ron’s twitch seemed to be getting worse.

“Well, I, uh, never you know - with a guy,” whispered Harry turning pink.

Ron seemed to calm a down a great deal upon hearing this, and his whiskers had turned a brilliant blue.

“We can show you if you want,” Dean replied eagerly.

Ron fainted again. This time it was Harry who popped a candy in his mouth. Soon a miniature part butterfly and part kitty cat was making its way around the classroom; Ron was now roughly the size of a mouse.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Draco felt a small pop in his lap and looked down to see a note there. He looked around, and Blaise gave a small nod of his head.

You and Potter going out now?


Draco sent the note back and Blaise read it.

I haven’t even asked yet Blaise. We only started talking the other day.


Blaise sent the note back.

But, you’re going to right?


Draco sent it back.

What’s the big rush Blaise?


Blaise shook his head and sent it back.

Every gay guy in school is going to be after him, once word get around about who was writing those letters. It’s not going to take people long to figure it out now. The House honor is on the line.


Draco shook his head in understanding, and began to take notes again. With his right hand, he idly played with his class ring, smiling.


By the time class had ended, Ron was able to walk and almost talk, again. He still had a slight twitch, but it wasn’t as bad as it was earlier. He was very glad to see Hermione, and finally stopped twitching when he gave her a kiss.

Dean, Seamus and Harry were in a tight little knot talking together on the way to Herbology. Harry had passed on the show and tell idea, but he was getting an earful on the way to the next class. He was so entranced by what he was hearing that he didn’t know Draco was there, until he felt a weight settle around his shoulders.

Dean and Seamus smiled at each other, then left Draco and Harry just outside the school doors.

Draco smiled at Harry, and Harry smiled back.

“Can we talk a minute Harry?” asked Draco looking suddenly nervous.

“Sure Draco, but we don’t have too long before class.” Harry said, looking over at the students walking toward the greenhouses.

Draco led Harry over to a nearby tree out of the main flow of traffic.

“Harry, I need to ask you something. I know it’s rather soon, but …”

“C’mon Draco just ask I’m not going to bite you.”

“Would you like to be a couple?” Draco blurted out nervously.

He was rewarded with an armful of Gryffindor, as Harry had just given him another big hug. Harry went to pull away, and Draco held him tight, and whispered in his ear,” Is that a yes?” Harry nodded his head. “Yes.”

“Whew, okay, great - so would you wear this, Harry?”

Draco did a fast spell, and handed something to Harry. Harry looked down in his hand and saw Draco’s Slytherin House ring on a silver serpentine chain. Harry just nodded, and Draco slipped it over his neck, and kissed him on the cheek. Harry turned bright red.

Draco turned to go to the greenhouses, when Harry stopped him and slipped a silver chain over his neck, with his Gryffindor class ring on it. Smiling, they both tucked the necklaces under their shirts, and ran to class, arriving just in time.

Draco went over to stand by Blaise, Crabbe and Goyle, while Harry stood by Dean and Seamus. As soon as Professor Sprout gave out directions, Dean and Seamus dragged Harry off to a far corner. None of them thought that Ron could take much more excitement for the day.

“Well, did he ask?” Seamus asked excitedly.

“Yeah, did he?” asked Dean with just as much enthusiasm.

“Yeah.” Harry could feel himself going beet red.

“AND?” they chorused.

Harry pulled out the necklace with Draco’s class ring on it. There was a loud thump behind him as Ron had fainted again. This time Dean shoved a candy into his mouth. Soon a rather large, purple tongue was growing out of Ron’s mouth, and slithering across the floor.

Hermione giggled, and tried to get her mind out of the gutter.

Madame Sprout rolled her eyes, “Just leave him there,” said the Professor.

Hermione came closer to Harry. Upon seeing the necklace and ring, gave Harry a big hug. As part of her mind was still in the gutter, she wondered if she could take some pictures down the line, and sell them to the other students.

The Slytherins watched the scene from the other side of the Greenhouse, and Blaise patted Draco on the back, proudly. Draco nodded and walked over to Harry who was struggling to transplant a large, writhing plant.

Harry felt arms go around him, and knew it was Draco. Draco braced himself around Harry, grabbing the plant on either side of Harry’s arms.

“Let me give you a hand there.”

Between the two of them, they transplanted the monster of a plant.

“Thanks Draco.”

“Anytime Harry,” and Draco kissed Harry on the cheek before heading back to his friends

He had to side step Madame Sprout on the way, as she was now passed out on the floor next to Ron.

Harry had turned bright red again. Dean, Seamus and Hermione giggled, and the Slytherins cracked up completely. Harry looked over at Draco who winked at him, and Harry shook his head.

Everyone finished up what they needed to do for class, and then left a little early since the Professor was still out cold. Neville put a Canary cream into her mouth, giggling the entire time.