Chapter 3: Ron needs a therapist












The next morning Harry was nervously anticipating the mail. He enjoyed getting his letters, but after yesterday with Draco, he realized they had a chance. Harry didn’t want to give up on Draco. Over his cup of pumpkin juice, he looked over at Draco. Draco looked rough this morning, like he had barely slept. Harry put his cup down and looked with concern at Draco. He hadn’t even realized he had stood up when he found himself in front of Draco.

“Hey, you okay?” Harry asked, not even noticing the strange looks he was receiving.

“Draco, I asked if you were okay?”

Draco looked up, and was pleasantly surprised, to see Harry standing there. He just smiled at Harry a second, not even aware that he was smiling.

‘Yeah, I’m fine. Thanks for asking, Harry.”

“You sure? It looks like you barely slept.”

“Well, maybe I’m catching what you had.”

Harry grinned broadly at the innuendo.

“I didn’t know I was contagious.”

“Apparently, you are.”

Harry and Draco just smiled at each other for a minute, blissfully unaware that all talk, movement and noise had stopped in the Great Hall. Everyone was watching Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy having a nice, civil, little chat. Somewhere a flock of pigs were sure to be flying over Norway.

“I’ll let you know when I find out what the cure is, Draco.”

“I think I may have this for the rest of my life, Harry.”

“I guess we are both doomed, Draco.”

“Seems that way, Harry.”

“See you in class?”

“Yeah, see you then.”

It was at that moment that Draco and Harry noticed the absolute silence in the hall, and that everyone in the hall was staring at them like they had grown two heads, each. They both froze, petrified.

The Headmaster broke the silence when his chair scrapped the floor as he stood.
He looked amused at the whole scene. Then he cleared his throat.

“Mr. Malfoy, Mr. Potter we take it,” and he gestured with a sweeping arm over the Great Hall, “that you two have FINALLY stopped fighting?”

He glanced over his glasses at the pair, and Draco and Harry nodded mutely.

“Wonderful. We were quite bored with the fighting, weren’t we?” and the Professor looked over the students.

Some of the students began to giggle.

“Well, since it seems that the walls between the Houses have broken down, I believe we shall change the rules regarding House seats. During informal school meals you may all sit where you wish. However, during formal feasts, you will sit with your house. But no one may sit in my chair as I am rather fond of it.”

Laughter rang though the hall, and a great shifting of seats took place. Harry could feel himself breathe again. He was about to walk back to his seat, when Draco spoke again.

“Harry, why don’t you sit down? I think it would be bad form to go back to your house table now, don’t you?” Draco smirked.

“I guess I did kind of set an example, didn’t I?” Harry ran a hand through his hair nervously.

“Kind of.” Draco snickered.

Draco moved over so Harry could sit next to him. Harry nodded and went over to sit by Draco. Draco and Harry looked over at the Gryffindor table. Fred and George had their arms around Ron whose mouth was hanging wide open. George took his hand and closed Ron’s mouth for him, but not before he popped something into his mouth. After all, it had become a running joke to pull something on Ron each time he keeled over. Hermione and most of the Gryffindors that were still at the table were smiling or laughing heartily.

Harry and Draco ate their food while they discussed Quidditch. After they ate they got up to leave, still talking. Draco was very happy to hear Harry say he was going to ask for his old position of Seeker back. He was so happy he didn’t realize that he had smacked Harry on the back and left his hand there. But Pansy Parkinson did, just before she passed out into the arms of Blaise who was laughing so hard he was crying. Blaise had noticed that Ron had turned into a canary.

Draco walked Harry half way to his class when he stopped the Gryffindor.

“Harry, I have to tell you something and I hope you aren’t too mad.”

“What?”

“I wrote those letters. I just wanted to get you back on the team at first.”

“At first?”

“Yeah, then, well I meant them.”

Harry smiled and hugged Draco hard. He whispered into Draco’s ear, “Thank you.” Then he released Draco, turned to head to class, then turned back smiled and waved. Draco couldn’t move. Harry wasn’t mad. Harry had hugged him. It felt really, damn, good. He had Harry in his arms. Draco suddenly felt two arms drag him off towards his class.

“C’mon lover boy, you’re blocking the hall,” teased Fred in Draco’s right ear.

“But, I told him, and he wasn’t mad, he thanked me, and hugged me,” Draco said softly in amazement.

“Oi, Fred, was I right or was I right? C’mon Draco back to planet Earth.”

Draco just nodded as Fred and George left him in front of his class. He was smiling from ear-to-ear.