The Pickup

Harry really enjoyed practice, and excelled Ron’s expectations as he caught the snitch over and over in record times. Ron was really pleased at the end of practice. He was so happy, that he didn’t even mind when Draco showed up to walk Harry back to the school.

The two nodded at each other as Harry put his broom away.

“He was in really fine form today. You might wind up wishing you hadn’t gotten him to join the team again,” Ron said happily.

“It wouldn’t have been worth playing with out him,” Draco replied.

“You mean that, don’ t you Malfoy?” Ron asked in surprise.

“Yes, it was why I started all those letters in the first place, Weasley.”

“What do you mean, in the ‘first place’?”

“Then your brothers had a little talk with me. They are rather good at that aren’t they?” Draco smirked at Ron, who blushed.

“What did they say?” Ron asked curiously.

“They made me realize how I felt about Harry, and that I wanted to write those letters to tell him how I feel.” Draco said smiling at the now returning Harry.

“And how do you feel, Malfoy?”

“I love him.” Draco said holding out a hand to Harry.

But Harry had started to laugh. Draco was so busy looking at Harry he hadn’t noticed that Ron was out cold. Draco smiled broadly and shoved some of the new Weasley candies into Ron’s mouth.

They watched and laughed as Ron turned into a flying snail with pink wings and mouse ears.

Then the two turned to head into the school.

“So how was your last class Harry?”

Harry turned bright red, remembering the Spirit board. Draco saw the blush, and took it the wrong way.

“So help me, if someone else tried to ask you out…” Draco ground out between gritted teeth.

“No, it wasn’t anything like that. I sat with Dean and Seamus the whole time. I swear.”

“Oh, ok.” Draco willed himself to calm down, he smiled and took Harry’s hand and continued to walk.

“So what happened in class, that is making you blush? Did Dean and Seamus start talking about their love life?” Draco teased.

“No, they did that earlier. They actually wondered if we’d like to double date with them sometime.”

Draco choked.

“Tell them ‘no’.” Draco said in a tone that brokered no discussion.

Harry opened his mouth, and then shut it again. He didn’t want to push the issue.

“So, you are avoiding my question, like it is a Bludger. What am I going to have to do to get you to answer? Or should I just go ask Dean and Seamus? Or don’t you trust me?”

“Oh, it’s not that. I trust you. It is just kind of embarrassing.”

“What did you work on in that class Harry?”

“Um, well we worked with Spirit Boards.”

“What did you ask it Harry?”

Harry turned red again, and tried to look away. Draco stopped and pulled Harry into his arms. With one hand he lifted Harry’s face so he was looking Draco in the eyes.

“Was it about me?”

Harry nodded. Draco kissed him softly. Then he rested his head on Harry’s forehead.

“I’m not letting this go you might as well tell me.”

“Blimey, anybody ever tell you how stubborn you are?”

Draco chuckled. But he held Harry tighter.

“Hmm, I could kiss it out of you, but it would make a scene.”

“If that is a threat it is so not working.”

“Ok, well I guess you don’t trust me.” Draco pouted.

“Geez, just when I thought you couldn’t be any sexier!” Harry whined.

“Tell me or else.”

“Or else what?”

“THIS!”

Draco began to tickle Harry who was squirming desperately to get out of his grasp. He finally relented to tell Draco.

“You are a brat, Malfoy.”

“A brat you are dating, Potter.”

“Fine, Dean and Seamus came up with the questions, except for one at the end.”

“Ok, so what were the questions?”

“If you wanted in my pants, if you loved me and would you stay true to me once you got what you wanted.”

“Sounds like those two.”

“Yeah, that was all their idea.”

“But what did you ask?”

“Don’t you want to know what the board said?”

“I thought it said ‘yes’ since they are all true.”

Harry turned bright red and ducked his head into Draco’s chest. He snuggled in to his spot, and braced himself for the next question.

“And what did you ask it?” Draco whispered as he nuzzled Harry’s head.

“If you loved me as much as I love you,” Harry whispered softly into Draco’s chest.

Draco felt his chest tighten, his heart melt and tears well up in his eyes.

“If that bloody board didn’t say yes, I will personally burn it.” Draco
whispered.

“I love you too Draco.”