H/D, D/S, R/HG, N/G, maybe more who knows? If you like Ron, don’t even read this, just kidding. He is my comic target in the beginning, so deal. Yes, he later becomes ok. And yes, I take huge liberties with timing. The first chapter is a warm up, more giggle to come, witches honor.











Chapter one: Seeker-less

“We have a problem team, we need a new Seeker,” announced Ron Weasley, team Captain of Gryffindor’s Quidditch team.

“WHY?” bellowed the entire House team.

“Harry quit,” stated Ron bluntly. Several team members staggered like a troll had just slapped them.

“WHAT” yelled the entire House team, who were starting to sound like a chorus, realizing with horror that they were now - so dead.

“Yeah, so any suggestions?” Ron said looking very upset indeed.

“Forfeit the season,” said Angelina.

“Take extra Potions classes?’ said Katie Bell.

“But, why did Harry quit?” asked Fred and George together.

“Look, I don’t know. But, we’ve all seen he hasn’t been himself lately. For crying out loud, we got flattened by Hufflepuff!” Ron said turning red with anger.

“Ok, ok, so let’s start to put some names together,” said Ron reluctantly.


“Hey, Draco did you hear about Potter?” said Blaise that afternoon.

“What?” asked Malfoy, evenly.

“He quit his House Team,” Blaise said.

Draco jumped up from his favorite leather couch.

“WHAT? WHY? Bloody hell, why did he have to go and do that?”

“Gee, we thought you’d be happy. We’ll beat Gryffindor for sure.” Crabbe and Goyle looked confused.

“Are you joking? He’s the only decent competition I have out there. Tail him, eavesdrop, do whatever you have to do, but we need to find out what his problem is! I want him back on that broom stick before we play Gryffindor!” Malfoy snapped out in a fury.

The trio of Slytherins sulked out.

Draco paced the Slytherin Common Room. This made no sense at all. Potter loved Quidditch. Why would he quit the team? Why did the Gryffindors let him? Granted the Hufflepuff House team had steamrolled them in the last match, but that was no reason to allow your best player to quit.

Draco gave up and went to go talk to the Weasley twins, the only ones in Gryffindor he could get along with. The twins were so sly and cunning they were like Slytherins, really. He found them sneaking out of one of the many secret passageways in the school.

“What the hell is this about Potter quitting the Quidditch team? Do you have any idea why he did it?” Malfoy asked sounding irritated.

“Don’t know why, do you Fred?” George asked looking at his twin brother.

“No, George, but he has been very moody lately,” said Fred crossing his arms thoughtfully.

“Too true Fred.” George nodded his head.

“Seems very sad around little Ronniekins & Hermione, and Dean & Seamus, and Neville & Ginny.” George added the afterthought.

“And Ron said he’s been out late a lot, too Fred,” said George wiggling a finger in a ‘tsk tsk’ gesture.

“Do you two have any idea where Potter is going?” Malfoy asked in frustration.

“No. But, why do you care anyway, Draco?” asked George.

“I want a real game against Gryffindor, and that is not going to happen with a substitute Seeker. Hell, I might as well quit myself. And why doesn’t Gryffindor seem to care that it lost its best player?”

The twins shrugged in unison.

Draco threw up his arms in disgust and strode quickly away.

“Fred, you don’t suppose the one little Seeker likes the other little Seeker, do you?” asked George slowly.

The two twins looked at each other. Then they shook their heads.

“Nah!” said Fred.

“But it could be,” said George and they walked away deep in thought.

Draco was soon pacing in the Slytherin Common Room again. Potter was upset at seeing his friends matched up? So upset he quit the team? It didn’t add up. He needed more information.

Later that night, Harry Potter didn’t notice he was being followed on his late walk. He walked deep into the Forbidden Forest, until he came to a moonlit clearing. He sat on the rim of the well, and tossed something in. Then he curled up on the side of the well, and appeared to be crying. When he finished, he walked very slowly and sadly back to the school. A dark shadow moved over to the well and saw a small plaque barely visible in the moonlight.

“Unrequited lovers you know what to do.
Drop in a galleon or two.
For this is indeed a magical well,
And will bring your true love to thee with its spell.”

There was a slight gasp and then the shadowy form retreated back to the castle.

“WHAT?” Draco bellowed for the second time that day. “He quit the team because he’s in love? Oh great! How the hell do we figure out who it is?”

There was a general shaking of heads and shrugging of shoulders around the Common room.

“We could threaten everyone in the school.” Crabbe suggested.

“We could get some truth serum?” Goyle suggested.

Draco paced. Then he stopped and when the others saw the look on his face they all took a step back in fear. A sinister, cold, calculating look had spread across Draco’s face.

“I have an idea.”