Keywords: Harry/Draco with hints of C/G and R/H
Summary: Harry and Draco are in their last year at Hogwarts. The Dark Lord is defeated. Sirius is dead and so is Lucius Malfoy. And a certain House Elf is playing matchmaker.
Author notes: Please review, good or bad. If you've ever written a story, you know how important it is to receive feedback.
With a bow to J.K. Rowling, Chris Columbus and all the wonderful actresses and actors who made the Harry Potter world so easy to believe. Tom, Dan thanks for letting us love you! Thanks for bringing magic back to the world. And a bow to Richard Harris, we will never forget your magic. Imitation, even poor imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.













Verities by Keikokin



Chapter One: The Pain of the Past


Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix killed Voldemort.
Many Death Eaters also died while in service to the Dark Lord.

This was the banner headline blasted on the Prophet this summer seen by Witches and Wizards all over the wizarding world. But Harry Potter never saw it. He never saw the list of Death Eaters who died. He knew Sirius had died. He heard on the train to school that Lucius Malfoy had died. But Harry was numb. He wished he had died too. He easily could have if his last spell had gone wrong. To think he finally brought down the mighty Voldemort with an itty-bitty germ. Ok, to be fair it was a highly toxic germ that caused Voldemort to die in front of his very eyes in seconds. But it seemed ironic. Just as it seemed odd to just go back to school, like an old habit you can’t break.

Harry was now in his seventh year at Hogwarts. Many of the students at Hogwarts had hidden feelings and thoughts, but with the Seventh Years this was always especially true.
Harry had wondered bleakly if everyone else felt it too. Regret and despair followed his every footstep. There were many things he wished could have been done differently. But one hurt deeper than all the rest. He had missed his one chance at love because he could never admit his true feelings. He couldn’t risk it. Not until Voldemort was gone. But now that Voldemort was finally gone, too much water had passed under the bridge.

Harry didn’t realize that his one chance at happiness, felt the same way about him, as well. He sat across the Great Hall berating himself for not taking sides, and for being a coward hiding behind anger, jealousy and fear.

But in the shadows of the Hall someone saw, someone knew, someone who wanted to help them both. He smiled as the answer came to him. He could help both young men whom he so loved. He snapped his fingers and disappeared. He reappeared in the Great Kitchens below the hall with a beaker in his hand freshly stolen from the cupboard of Professor Snape and poured it into the pumpkin juice when no one was looking. He then muttered an incantation to double the strength of it. He smiled and said cheerfully to himself so no one else could hear, “Dobby helps them both! Dobby is a good elf!” A moment later the juice separated into the gleaming pitchers that would be at every House table in mere minutes.

Meanwhile, the students upstairs waited for the Headmaster to finish the morning announcements. “Also this year, in an effort to tear down the barriers between the houses, during informal meals you may sit where ever you choose.” At this a great murmur filled the Hall. “Just so long as it doesn’t cause problems, that is. At this time, I turn the floor over to Mr. Malfoy who wishes to make a statement.”

This was highly unusual and Harry, Ron and Hermione exchanged curious glances. Malfoy did seem very different this year, Harry noted as his eyes set upon him. Perhaps it was from losing his father, perhaps it was the death of the Dark Lord.

He had grown considerably; his hair was slightly unkempt and kept getting into his eyes. Part of it was tied back in a ponytail and his posture was no longer cocky or vain, but mature. Harry smiled inwardly, and curled his toes at the eyeful he could drink in “ with an excuse. Harry settled himself, and waited to hear what Malfoy had to say.

“Thank you, Headmaster. I would like to take this opportunity to bury the hatchet. I would personally like to apologize to Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley and his family. And of course, to Harry Potter, for years of unwarranted antagonism and feuding between us.”

Whatever anyone in the Hall expected to hear; this was not it. The only one unsurprised by this announcement was Dumbledore himself. He nodded and smiled at Malfoy.

“Well said, Mr. Malfoy, and thank you.”

They both seemed to be oblivious to the fact, that you could have heard a pin drop a mile off. Harry looked back at Malfoy in shock, but he had only turned calmly, and very gracefully sat down. Harry suddenly realized his heart was in his throat. Malfoy apologized! Harry didn’t even hear the words Dumbledore used to have the food appear.

Chapter Two: Honesty

Ron and Hermione looked shocked but quite happy. They were animatedly talking about this being the best year possible, if they didn’t have to worry about Malfoy. But Harry looked back at Malfoy, still shell shocked. He had always dreamed of hearing words like that coming from him. He quickly drank down several glasses of pumpkin juice in succession, to quench the very dry throat he suddenly had.

Some students were shifting seats around in the Hall and there was a great commotion as this occurred. Many inter-House couples happily sat together. Next to him, Ron was busy extolling the virtues of the food; while, as usual, eating with his mouth open. Hermione, across the table from him suddenly slammed down her now empty glass of pumpkin juice, which promptly refilled itself.

“Honestly, Ron!” she blurted out “Don’t you notice anything but food?”

“Like what?” said Ron spraying egg shrapnel everywhere.

“Like me! After six years you think you’d notice me you thickheaded dolt! Me!” replied Hermione tartly.

Then she gasped, and covered her mouth with her hand. Harry was a bit taken aback, as well. Although, Harry always privately knew she carried a torch for Ron. He had found out when she guessed, quite correctly too, that Harry was more interested in playing for the other team.

But he had no idea why this sudden confession had occurred, but found it highly amusing. He fought not to laugh. “OH, SHUT UP HARRY!”, they both yelled in unison. Ron looked at Hermione, who, amazingly had turned quite a bright shade of pink, and jumped up from the Gryffindor table, and ran from the Hall. Harry looked askance at his thickheaded friend.

“Well, don’t you think you should go after her Ron?” Harry asked.

“Huh? Oh, yeah right.” Then Ron bolted from the room after her. Harry shook his head.

It was at this point, when Harry was drinking down his third glass of juice, that he noticed something rather odd seemed to be going on in the entire Hall. Girls were crying, boys were being slapped, and there seemed to be general chaos, and confusion all over. The teachers were not noticing, which on the whole was also odd, because they were quite busy fighting among themselves as well. And Dumbledore was absent from the room, apparently done with eating. Many people were running out of the hall, while others sat stunned at their tables, or were picking themselves off the floor after a blazing row.
________________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile across the hall, Draco was wondering to himself what effect his peace making speech would have. As he drank from his cup,he almost choked. He could swear that he just heard Crabbe and Goyle profess their true love for each other! With true Seeker reflexes, he quickly took in the heated discussions all up and down the Slytherin table. In so doing he heard various snippets of other strange conversations.

“I did sleep with her, so what?”
“Yeah, I stole it, what are you going to do about it?”
“I cheated on my OWLS, did you?”
“Let’s go shag. Ok, Crabbe?”

Draco was aghast. He quickly glanced over at the Gryffindor table, only to find Harry Potter looking shocked, and amused as Granger admitted she wanted attention from Ron.

Harry looked straight ahead in bewilderment, and in so doing looked right into the gray depths of the very object of his innermost thoughts, Malfoy. He had dreamt about him for years. But, here on the very day he seemed to have turned a new leaf, all hell had quite literally broken loose. He stared deeply at the tall, handsome blonde, and as he did so he suddenly realized that Draco was staring at him too. He had put down his second pumpkin juice glass, and started to head across the room “ toward Harry.

Chapter Three: Heartfelt Truths

Harry drank in the vision of Malfoy making a beeline for him with a smile on his face. The man literally heated the blood in his veins. Malfoy seemed to notice his attentions, and smiled more broadly. Why did I never notice those perfect teeth before? Harry sighed, and fought to compose himself.

“Good morning, Potter,” Draco began politely.

“Morning, Malfoy. Nice speech. Did you mean it?” Harry asked somewhat desperately.

“Yes, only wish I’d said it years ago.” A puzzled look crossed his face but was soon replaced with his usual cool demeanor.

“Are you upset about Ron getting Hermione?” Draco asked, trying to be cool.

“No, I gave up on girls.” Harry gulped. “Um, did I just say that?”

“If you are asking me if you just admitted to being gay, yeah, you sort of did.”

Draco winked at him - in a very sexy way.

“Why are you interested anyway?” Harry shot back, trying to keep the anxiety out of his voice.

“Because you aren’t the only one playing for the other team.” Draco drawled, then he suddenly looked very shocked, at what he himself had just said.

“Hot, Damn!” said Harry, and then realizing what he just said - turned beet red, jumped up, staggering slightly, and ran from the room.

Draco ran after him and caught up to him quickly. Years of running in the morning had paid off after all, he thought happily.

He grabbed Harry by the arm, and spun him around so fast that he was almost knocked over by Draco. Draco had one hand on his chest to stop him from smashing into him.

“Mmm. Potter why are you running from me? And where did those pecs come from?”

Harry seemed to be visibly fighting to keep from answering. He gritted his teeth, and wiped his lips with his tongue. Draco found this to be a very sensual move, which left him squirming to adjust his lower region, which was no longer as comfortable as it was a minute ago.

“Yes, I am running.
I am running from you.
I am afraid of what I will say to you.
And I am glad you noticed I was working out over the summer.
Damn.”

He looked for an instant into Draco’s eyes, with a soul-piercing stare that took Draco’s breath away. Draco realized with a heart-jolting thrill, that Harry had never looked at him that way. He regained his composure and looked deeper and closer into those emerald eyes.

“Like something you see, Potter?” Draco drawled out in a whisper.

“Oh yeah,” Harry replied in a deep, husky voice that definitely made Draco’s pant’s tighten.

Harry looked shocked and dismayed by his own words, and hurtled out of the main door.

Did I just hear that right? Potter sounded lusty! He shook his head. But he had to know for sure. He ran out into the beautiful fall sunlight. Many students were running in every direction.

What the hell is going on, anyway? Draco wondered, not for the first time. Then he spotted his quarry running for the Forbidden Forest. Draco groaned inwardly, he’d already had his morning run. But this was infinitely more fun. He smiled, and ran toward the forest, too.

Harry slumped, panting, against a tree. A stitch in his side reminded him of how much juice he just drank down.

Did I just say that? I don’t say anything for years and now I blurt it all out. What the hell is wrong with me? I didn’t want it to happen like this! And why am I running?

“Damn, damn, damn, damn, damn!”
Harry put his head in his hands and moaned sinking against the tree.

“Potter! I just want to talk to you! Stop running away from me you git!” Draco said this angrily, with his hands on his hips for emphasis.

Very slender hips too, Harry noticed.

“Don’t call me that!” Harry blurted.

“What?” Draco said surprised at this turn in the conversation.

“A git!” Harry was actually yelling now.

“Why? I always call you that. It’s almost like a pet name in my mind, like prat,”
Draco said, in his most defensive tone he could muster at the moment.

“Because it hurts, and don’t call me that, either!” said Harry looking very effeminate at the moment. He was actually pouting.

“Hurts? In your heart? Like when you call me a bloody bastard?” growled out Draco angrily.

Malfoy gasped. He never wanted Harry to see how very vulnerable he was. He bit his lip.

Harry wanted to help him bite it. He shook his head.

“Yes damn it. In my…heart.”

A look of realization crossed his face. Malfoy wasn’t so sure he was comfortable with how this little gabfest was going. He liked being in control and looking into those emerald eyes, and hearing Harry talk about his heart hurting was unhinging something deep inside him.

“Malfoy are you okay?” The Boy Who Lived looked imploringly at him.

“Um, why yes, of course I am, and you can return the favor by not calling me that.”

As Draco said this he whipped his ponytail around to the front and began to toy with it.

“What should I call you?” Harry looked at the long blond hair thinking of what he could do with it. He mentally tried to focus anywhere but on that golden hair.

“Draco, sweetheart, honey unless there is something else you like?”

Draco gasped. He shoved a fist into his mouth. Harry thought of shoving something else there.

“Harry or honey, to you then, but I like to think of you, as my sexy sun god.”

Harry gasped, shoved a fist into his mouth and took off running.

Did he just say he wanted to think of me as his sexy sun god?
Did I just give Harry permission to call me sweetheart?

In the back of his mind he distantly heard Harry call for his broomstick. He went running after him without even thinking, calling for his broomstick as well. As far as Draco was concerned this bizarre, and honest chat wasn’t even close to over! It had only just begun!


Chapter Four: Truth and Love

Harry was panicked and freaking out all at once. This was made much more obvious to his muddled mind as he could barely control his broomstick. The broomstick seemed to feel his anxiety, and for the first time Harry was afraid of falling off it. C’mon Harry pull it together. Isn’t this what you always wanted? To tell Draco how you feel? He flew helter-skelter trying to find a place to hide to pull himself back together.

Draco was concerned about Harry’s flying. He never saw the Gryffindor seeker ride so badly. Normally it was like he was one with the broom. Much to his own dismay, he discovered he was shaking all over. And a lump, which he suspected was his heart, seemed to be in his throat. He needed to hear more, know more; he no longer cared what was happening to him- to them. He just knew the time was now “ or never. As lost as he was in his own thoughts his quarry had managed to vanish. Desperate, he landed and tried to figure out which running figure was Harry among all the students. Suddenly he knew what to do, and turning a blade of grass into a needle, did a tricky, little spell to turn the needle into a homing device to track the Seeker. It wasn’t long before he spotted him off his broom, and running into the Greenhouses. Malfoy smirked and flew over to the greenhouses.

He landed neatly in front of the greenhouses and went to open the door. Well, Potter had locked it. Nice try. “Alohamora,” he whispered, and entered quietly. A long series of expletives made it easy to find Harry.

“Damn, damn, it wasn’t supposed to happen like this! What’s wrong with me? I can’t believe it’s going down like this! What the bloody, smegging, damn, hell do I fricking do now?”

“Let me talk to you?” Draco drawled in amusement.

He hadn’t known that Harry’s language had gotten so colorful and he found it very cute.

Harry jumped up at the sound of Draco’s voice. He hadn’t realized he wasn’t alone. His vision was a little blurred by the tears he was fighting back. Harry turned to run when Draco held out his wand, which instantly spat out ropes, and neatly bound his arm to Harry’s. Harry looked down clearly shocked.

“Nice, eh Harry?” Draco said amused by his own cleverness.

“Yeah, bit kinky tho’.” Harry said raising one eyebrow.

“Ah, but effective. Now, please talk to me. I don’t have any clue why we’re being so blunt, and honest with each other. But we are not going to waste it, damn it. Whatever it is that is happening, it is happening to each of us. So we can both know the other is being perfectly honest.”

Draco said all this in a very authoritative voice usually reserved for Crabbe and Goyle, who unknown to them were shagging in the Slytherin common room, at this very moment. Harry put his head down. The one person he had always tried to avoid, with very good reason, had trapped him. Draco looked at Harry feeling guilty but tired of running. But the guilt was winning out.

“So - promise not to run away again,” he said a smile curling at his lips.

“I promise,” Potter replied, looking very abashed.

“Make me believe you.” Draco challenged the other Seeker.

“How?” asked Harry, rising to the challenge.

“Snog me senseless,” said Draco very eagerly.

Harry smiled. This he could do! This he longed to do! He moved toward Draco in a very predatory manner failing to even notice the ropes fall away from his arm. He did, however, notice the hitch in Draco’s breathing. As he stepped up to Draco he noticed that Draco was now more than slightly taller than his own 6’1” frame. He noticed how refined Draco’s lips were. He smiled, and looked squarely into Draco’s eyes. He stepped in even closer and placed his thigh against Draco’s. He smiled deeply, noticing it wasn’t Draco’s thigh he was up against. He brushed his lips slowly, and carefully over Draco’s. He didn’t want to miss one centimeter of him. He had dreamed of kissing him. Snogging him into oblivion. If this is what his Sun God wanted- well that’s what he was going to get!

He broke apart for only a second to gauge the reaction. Then he licked the blonde’s lips with his tongue, nibbling softly, and then mercilessly dove his tongue into his mouth. He darted into every wet, juicy, corner wanting to taste every little bit he could. Draco tasted sweet and spicy. He playfully ran his fingers up Draco’s chest, up his throat, and into that soft, beautiful hair. Draco leaned forcefully into him and nearly knocked him to the ground. He gnawed at Harry’s neck then licked his ear.

“Do you want me as much as I want you Harry, honey?”

Harry ground his hips against Draco’s and grabbed his ass propelling him into his own erection.

“YES” he answered.

“FINALLY!” Draco growled possessively as he pushed him into the soft earth of the greenhouse.

They were far too busy to hear Dumbledore’s announcement over the Hogwarts’ grounds.

“WILL ALL STUDENTS PLEASE REPORT TO THE MAIN HALL.”


Chapter Five: Reactions

Over an hour later, Draco rolled off Harry, who was softly sleeping. He brushed a hand over his face moving the bangs out of his eyes and saw the scar. He thought over the years since he had first seen it. He thought of all the fights, lies, and deception between them. He remembered all the times, he had tried to get Harry expelled. He thought of all the times, he was busy being Lucius Malfoy, Jr. He had been someone else all together, from whom he saw in the mirror these days. He had been what he had been expected to be at the time.

If he had been honest, just once to himself, he would have realized that he loved Harry. He found he was having a hard time seeing Harry through his tears.

Harry woke, happy and thoroughly sated, to find Draco crying over him. It unnerved him to say the least.

“Draco, honey what is wrong?” Harry asked pleadingly.

“What?” replied a sobbing Draco.

“Draco you’re crying.” Harry kissed the tears away from Draco’s cheeks.

“I …I just hate how much I have put you through. Me, and that stupid excuse for a father I had. I wish you could forgive me, and I could make it up to you.” Draco looked away.

“Is that why you … why we?” asked Harry desperately.

“NO. I…I could spend my whole life trying to make it up to you. I would actually like that very much. Spending my life with you, that is.” Draco said looking deep into Harry’s eyes.

“So would I,” Harry said honestly.

“Harry James Potter, I love you,” whispered Draco nervously.

“And I love you, Draco Malfoy,” whispered Harry equally nervous.

“Come show me again, how much you love me?” said Harry smiling.

“Oh yeah, for the rest of our days,” Draco replied pulling him into his lap.

“…But I want to make this last Harry, honey.” Said Draco seriously.

“How? What do you mean Draco?” asked Harry nervously.

“Harry James Potter, will you marry me?”

Draco asked this from the very depths of his once cold heart, and as he did he felt stronger, and happier than he had in his entire life.

Harry was crying, laughing, and rolling around in his arms. Draco panicked. This was not quite the reaction he envisioned from the man he loved.

“Well, if you want we could get hand fasted in Hogsmeade if you are not sure.”

Draco was nervously trying to avoid a possible rejection, this sudden insanity could bring.

“Hand fasted?” a quizzical look ran over the raven features of his true love.

“Yeah, it’s a trial marriage that you could back out of, but after a year it’s binding.”

Draco was trying to assure himself this was going to be okay.

“Binding. I like the sound of being bound to you.” said Harry with a wink.

“We would need witnesses of course and this won’t go over well… with, the school.”

Draco secretly worried about this bit.

“I don’t care a frick about any of them, just you, Draco Malfoy and I would be proud to marry you.” said Harry reaching up to hold Draco’s face.

“Really?” said Draco happily.

“Really” said Harry happily.

They kissed for a long time then held each other very close, and got redressed. Then they tidied up as best they could using a few spells and headed back into the castle, hand in hand.


As they opened the door to the castle, they were face to face with Madame Pomfrey.

“Oh, thank goodness! When I realized you weren’t here for the antidote! Well, I have been finding students in the most, um, intimate and interesting situations!” She said all this quickly while blushing slightly. “Where were you anyway?” she inquired nervously, as if afraid to hear the answer.

“Out shagging in the greenhouses,” replied Draco.

“Don’t forget the snogging fest!” said Harry brightly.

They both realized what they said and blushed accordingly. Then looking into each other’s eyes their mouths dropped open, and they turned back as one to Madame Pomfrey who was trying not to swoon at this bombshell. She was holding onto the doorframe.

There was a moment of mutual silence.

“Wait, Antidote? said Draco perplexed.

“For what?” they asked in unison.

“Well, the Veritaserum of course! It was in the pumpkin juice. Didn’t you know?” said the school nurse. She turned toward the Hospital Wing, clearly expecting them to follow.

“Draco?” Harry asked pain in his voice.

He turned to Draco trying to see into his soul.

“Harry” Draco asked pain clearly in his voice as well. He looked deeply in Harry’s eyes.

“You didn’t know…this won’t change anything…you still want to?” they both stuttered out together.

And then they sighed together, filling their lungs with great deep relief, and slapping each other on the back. After all, it there was one thing they could be sure of it was that everything they had just said to one another was perfectly true.

They smiled blissfully and walked in the Great Hall together, it really didn’t matter after all. They had made love, honestly and completely open, and nothing would change that.

Running to catch up, they went with Madame Pomfrey to the Hospital Wing and received the antidote. They kissed goodbye and went to their respective common rooms. After all they had a great deal to discuss with their friends!

Harry entered the Gryffindor common area to find it smelled heavily of sex and hormones. He smiled, and quickly found Hermione and Ron. They were deep in discussion, and holding hands. Harry hated to interrupt but he was ready to burst with the news.

“Ahem!” he said smiling.

“Oh Harry! Where have you been? Did you get the antidote?” asked Hermione in a rush.

“Yes, yes we did.”

He found he was relieved not to be always be saying the exact truth.

“We?” asked Ron.

“Yes, we. As in Draco Malfoy and I.” said Harry in a deep voice, which indicated his seriousness.

“Where have you been mate?” Ron asked eying Harry suspiciously.

“Talking very truthfully to Draco.” Harry said.

“What? You were with Draco all this while?” Hermione asked ,and gasped, all at once.

“Yes.” Harry said with a huge grin on his face.

“Where were you two? And what were you doing?” asked Ron.

“Um, where were you? And what were you doing?” replied Harry quickly.

“Touché”, said Ron.

“So Harry does Malfoy know that you love him?” asked Hermione breathlessly.

“Yes.” said Harry still smiling

“You…love. Draco?” Ron asked in astonishment.

“Yes. And he loves me too.” said a blissfully happy Harry.

(None had noticed the entire Gryffindor common room was listening)

“How the hell can you be sure?” asked a bewildered Ron.

“Duh, the Veritaserum, Ron!” snapped back Harry happily.

“Oh, right.” Ron felt very funny.

“Well, where are you going to go from here?” asked Hermione quietly.

“He asked me to marry him. And I said yes.” Harry said swelling with happiness.

Ron fainted.


Meanwhile in the Slytherin common room….

“Crabbe! Goyle! Stop snogging long enough to listen to me!” barked Malfoy.

“Oh, sorry Draco, we, uh.” stammered Goyle.

“Yeah, right I don’t want to know.” said Malfoy feeling a little sick, yet amused.

“Where have you been Draco?” asked Crabbe.

“Snogging, shagging and proposing to Potter,” Draco replied counting off his fingers to make it simple for them.

Reactions were mixed.

Behind him Pansy Parkinson screamed and passed out. In front of him, Crabbe and Goyle picked up where they left off. After congratulating him on the most elusive lay in the school, of course. But they were so dense it might take all day to sink in. Malfoy was not surprised at their reaction, given what he just interrupted.

Blaise started to chew his lip and finally asked, “What did he say Draco?”

He said, “Yes.” Malfoy said with a happy sigh.

Pansy passed out again.

Malfoy smiled and went to shower.


Chapter Six: The Divine Meaning of Truth

Meanwhile in Dumbledores office…

Fawkes started to sing about an hour ago and Dumbledore wondered what was going on. This was not an everyday occurrence. But it had its effect. He felt much happier and although he was about to give Dobby the House Elf a serious punishment he simply smiled and shooed him out of the office. As Dobby left feeling very proud of himself, Professor Trelawney entered, looking dazed. Dumbledore half rose out of his chair, as she entered. This was indeed an unexpected visit; she didn’t usually leave her room. He motioned for her to sit down and offered her tea. She did sit but didn’t say a word.

Dumbledore sat back and continued to listen to the Phoenix’s song. After a moment he said, “Sibylll, did you want to see me about something?” She sank in her chair, her head rolled back and her eyes seemed to enlarge .She began to speak in a very strange voice.

“When the two enemies of snake and lion unite in truth and love the Phoenix shall sing. Forever more shall evil be banished as long as no one puts this love asunder. This is true love that shall make magic twice as strong. Cast no doubt upon their love or evermore be the recipient of none until the ring binds them as one.”

She started with a jerk and said, “Yes, Albus tea would be wonderful.”

“Sibyll I think its time I gave you another raise.” He bemused over his half-moon spectacles.

“Really, how nice of you, may I ask why?” she asked eagerly.

“You just gave me another prediction! One that I believe has already started to come true.” He said sitting back in his chair.

“Oh wonderful,” she said and started to put sugar into her tea.

She failed to notice the look of happy interest on the Headmasters face.
Twenty minutes later they passed out into the school headed to their respective destinations. Minutes later the Headmaster appeared in the Hospital Wing.

“Hello Poppy,” said Dumbledore with a slight bow.

“Oh hello, Professor,” she said with a slight giggle to her voice.

“May I ask you, was the antidote given to all the students?”

“Oh yes! Indeed it was!” she replied, slightly puffing out her chest in pride.

“Would you mind if I asked if anyone was, um, late, perhaps?” he looked intently over his glasses at her.

“Why, yes, yes. It is funny you should ask that. It took me almost 2 hours to find Mr. Malfoy, and Mr. Potter.” she replied, looking perplexed.

“And did they happen to tell you where they were Poppy?” he asked quietly.

Too embarrassed to say, she wrote it all down on a scroll piece, and handed it to the Headmaster. He looked down and read it.

“Mr. Malfoy said they were “Out shagging in the greenhouses” and Mr. Potter said they had a “snogging fest as well!”

Bemused, he looked very happily up at Poppy, who had vanished. Dumbledore smiled and hummed to himself as he strolled out of the hospital wing thinking of the prophecy. How did that go again? He mused at how old and forgetful he was sometimes. And then he remembered.

“When the two enemies of snake and lion unite in truth and love the Phoenix shall sing.

Yes, that part was definitely true. He had verified this. What was the second part?

Forever more shall evil be banished as long as no one puts this love asunder

Yes, most excellent.

This is true love that shall make magic twice as strong.

Hmm, perhaps it would do to warn the teachers, and talk to the young men.

Cast no doubt upon their love or evermore be the recipient of none until the ring binds them as one”

Oh dear!

“Sonorous,” he said quietly, and then his voice boomed through the castle.

“WOULD ALL STUDENTS AND TEACHERS PLEASE COME TO THE GREAT HALL? THANK YOU!”

He hastened directly to the Hall. He only hoped he was in time, he stopped and wrapped his cloak about him and vanished.
_______________________________________________________________________

A great noise filled the Hall, but it was to be expected. After all it had been quite the eventful day at Hogwarts. And now this was their second summoning to the Great Hall in one day? Even the ghosts were murmuring excitedly.

Students took seats, although not all at their own table. And Draco came over from the Slytherin table to sit by Harry who took his hand, beaming and drew him into the seat next to him. Sensing possible trouble or perhaps fearing another fainting spell, Hermione sat between Harry and Ron.

Many students looked around interestedly. After all, there were many more inter-House pairings than this morning. And many of them were same sex, which, luckily was not looked down upon in the wizarding world.

Dumbledore stood at the High table and a hush fell over the room. He cleared his throat.

“Many of you sit before me with new lives born out of honesty, though this was clearly an unplanned result of this mornings, um, incident with the punch. There may be long-term results from this event. One of these events, to which I was recently privy, will affect the whole community at Hogwart’s and beyond. This was brought to my attention by a prophecy. Indeed perhaps it is best I repeat it to all of you.

When the two enemies of snake and lion unite in truth and love the Phoenix shall sing.

“Let me tell you my own pet Phoenix sang very loudly today in my office! Thus the prophecy is already coming true!”

Forever more shall evil be banished as long as no one puts this love asunder.

“With this line we are told the wonderful news that evil will be gone from us, as long as we keep our minds and hearts open to the fact that this is a powerful love.”

This is true love that shall make magic twice as strong.

“Indeed, beware all teachers, and students to bear in mind these two people will become the most powerful wizards of our time.”

Cast no doubt upon their love or evermore be the recipient of none until the ring binds them as one.

“This I am afraid is the line that truly worries me. And it is because of this, I am afraid I need to ask to, um, perhaps interfere a little more than I would normally do so. For if I do not bind these two with a ring QUICKLY anyone who scoffs, or doubts their love will never love again.”

Shock reverberated around the hall. Never love again? The shock registered on every face in the hall, but none more clearly than on the face of Draco Malfoy and Harry Potter. They knew they were the “enemies of snake and lion united in love and truth.” The Slytherin Snake never stood out more clearly on Draco’s robes or the Gryffindor lion on Harry’s robes. They beamed at each other. The love and trust shined from their very souls and it was evident to all those around them who gaped openly at them.

The Headmaster cleared his throat and a hush fell on the room once again.

“I am indeed sorry to rush you,” he said looking over his half-moon spectacles at Harry and Draco, “was there another announcement you wished to make Mr. Malfoy?”

All heads turned like a whip toward Draco. Draco was standing up very tall indeed from where he was seated at the Gryffindor table. He was a very different Draco from this morning and he smiled and absolutely radiated happiness. He looked down at someone next to him and helped up Harry Potter. Gasps filled the hall, many finally realizing what was about to happen. Others were just catching on to this incredible pairing. Draco was tall and fair and stunningly happy and Harry being tall, dark and handsome, well it just made the perfect couple. It was balanced somehow, like yin and yang. And the pair looked happier than anyone ever thought possible.

“I think Professor, sir, that we would like to make this announcement together,” Draco said happily never taking his eyes off Harry.

“Draco Malfoy asked me to marry him earlier today,” said Harry losing himself in those gray eyes.

“And Harry said yes, making me the happiest wizard in the world,” stated a beaming Draco bending slightly to kiss Harry gently on his scar, and resting his forehead on Harry’s - both sighed, smiled and held each other. Their love was undeniable. This very intimate action was proof of that.

After a stunned silence, Ron Weasley shakily stood and shook Draco’s hand. Hermione was crying with joy and clapped happily for them. Slowly, a scraping sound echoed around the hall as others came over to congratulate the couple. Crabbe and Goyle arrived hand in hand to extend their congratulations. A stunned Hagrid came over as well as an equally gob smacked Professor Snape. Many mouths just hung open, but not a word against the couple was spoken.

Eventually, everyone returned to their seats and sat down. The Headmaster summoned the two happy men forward to the Head table.

“I wish to extend my congratulations as well. And Mr. Malfoy, I must say you really know how to bury the hatchet!”

Guffaws, laughter and giggles erupted at this. Dumbledore smiled and waved his wand. Two rings dropped out of thin air into the hands of the blushing couple. The rings bore a snake, and a lion at peace side by side. The snake had eyes of diamonds and the lion had eyes of emeralds. A series of red rubies and silver inlaid Celtic knots finished the ring. Dumbledore waved his wand again. The two cherished brooms of the Seekers were laid at their feet.

“Who gives away these two men?” asked Dumbledore happily.

“I do,” said Hagrid coming to stand behind Harry proudly.

“And, I do,” said Professor Snape coming to stand behind Draco just as proudly.

“Are there any other persons whom you wish to invite to this ceremony?” asked Dumbledore.

Together as one they both said “DOBBY!”

Giggles broke out again from a select few in the hall who knew this elf. Suddenly Dobby appeared quite nervously with a “POP.” He looked apprehensively at the Headmaster and at the two men holding hand at the head table.

“Mister Malfoy Sir, Mister Potter Sir! Are Sirs mad at Dobby? Dobby only wanted to make Masters happy. You were so sad. You needed help to find each other. Dobby helped!”

“Yes, Dobby you helped us find each other,” Harry, said beaming down at Dobby.

“Dobby will you be a witness for us?” Draco asked his former house elf.

Dobby burst out crying at this question and it took several powerful cheering charms from Professor Flitwick to calm him down.

A hush entered the Great Hall. The ceremony began and the houses of Slytherin and Gryffindor were joined together for eternity by the two greatest wizards of our time, Draco Malfoy and Harry James Potter.