Empty by Keikokin [ - ]

Ficlet
Disclaimer: The characters and place setting of this work do not belong to me but to JKR. Only the words are mine. I mean no malicious intent.

*************************************************












I love you. I think I may have always loved you. But you don’t know. I have hurt you in so many ways. I don’t want to be a Death Eater. I never did. But I was desperate for his attention. I did everything for him. I loved him in a way. Perhaps it was more that I adored him. It is odd now. He is gone, a shell of his former self locked away in Azkaban.

You did it this past summer. My love killed Voldemort. It terrified me worrying about you. Now I fear what killing has done to you. I fear the look in your eye. I know the innocence will be gone. Perhaps Dumbledore erased the memories. I can only hope.

I just saw you. I was right it is gone. A part of you died with the Dark Lord. I will bring you back but it won’t be easy.

I helped you in Potions. Snape didn’t even care. I think he is worried about you too. This afternoon I called you by your name. At dinner I apologized to your friends. You looked at me each time. I saw your empty shell. I was never more scared for you.

One weekend I walked with you through Hogsmeade. Your friends were relieved I think. They don’t know what to do. They don’t know what happened to you. But I do. I understand. I still love you.

We played Quidditch together and I won. But I knew I would. Your fire for the game is gone. I walked over to you and hugged you. I felt you stiffen, and then relax and then you stepped back as if you’d been burnt. I saw confusion in your eyes, and I smiled. I was happy it was no longer empty inside of you.

I gave you a present today, for no real reason. I saw the confusion again. I saw something else. I hugged you. You did not stiffen. You molded to me and did not let go. I stood there until my legs hurt. But I did not let go, either. I cried for you.

I walked with you to the lake, and sat with you. I held you in my arms and you cried. I did not let go. We sat there until dark. I kissed you softly. I did not let go.

Your friends are kinder to me now. They see that I am bringing you back. They see that I love you. I wonder if you will see it. I will not tell you now. It can wait.

My love, you gave me a letter. You do see it. Now I have to tell you but I am scared. I am afraid to lose you. I sit and cry, tears for fears.

Pacing and pacing all afternoon I have been pacing. How do I tell you? How can I risk everything? My friends say nothing. They don’t know what to say or do. I walk to the greenhouse for a single red rose. You are sitting by the lake waiting for me. My hands shake, as I give you the rose and I say the words.

“I love you Harry.”

I began to cry while looking into your beautiful emerald eyes that haunt my every waking moment, and every dream. You looked into my eyes. You were back. I smiled at my love. Then you handed me a single red rose and told me what you needed to say.

“I love you Draco.”