“Daniel? You’re up early aren’t you?” Jack asked as he came downstairs to spy Daniel worshipping a cup of coffee.

“Yeah, I suppose,” Daniel replied thoughtfully.

“What’s wrong?” Jack asked nervously. It had made him very anxious to wake up to an empty bed.

“I just was wondering where we go from here Jack,” Daniel said softly.

Jack got himself a cup of coffee and sat next to Daniel on the couch. “Slowly. I’ve screwed up a lot of things in my life and I don’t want to add this to the list.”

Daniel smiled. “I can agree with that, which isn’t to say I think you’ve screwed up a lot of things in your life. It’s just I know I have.”

“Haven’t we all?” Jim said coming into the room with a sleepy Blair in tow. He poured them both a cup of coffee and pressed it into Blair’s hands.

“Date first,” Blair grunted into his coffee before gulping it down and getting a second cup. Daniel peered into his mug and got up for seconds.

“What is it with these academic types and coffee?” Jack asked Jim who just laughed softly in reply.

“For those of you that don’t speak Blair-grumble he suggests we have a date first.” Jim translated. “That and he’s mad at me for getting up.’

“Actually I think I’m in the proverbial doghouse for that too,” Daniel raised a hand. Blair took it as an invite and curled into Daniel’s chest as he stood there by the coffee maker.

Jack shook his head, got up, and peeled Blair off Daniel only to have an armful of Blair next. “Hey,” Jim protested with a smile.

“Cuddly aren’t you?” Jack said to Blair only to get a mumble in reply.

Jim got up and took possession next, to a contented sigh of “Jim.”

Feeling suddenly bereft Jack wrapped his arms around Daniel who sighed and snuggled into the warmth of his arms. “I could get used to this.” Jack said kissing the top of Daniel’s head.

“Good,” Daniel replied. Easing Daniel away from the coffee maker Jack eased him back to the couch.

“Hey Chief what’s with the date? We’ve all been together for years,” Jim groused.

“Aww, don’t be such a stick in the mud Ellison. It sounds kind of nice to me,” Jack rubbed his face into Daniel’s soft hair.

"Fine, where are we going to go? It’s not like we can really be cuddling in public,” Jim pointed out.

“Actually I have a copy of Out Traveler that listed a spa in the area. We could get some massages and then sit in the hot tubs. After all this is a vacation for you two isn’t it?” Daniel suggested. This suggestion was met enthusiastically with three groans of pleasure. “I’ll go make the call.” Daniel gave Jack a kiss on the cheek and left the room.

“Jack O’Neill blushing. I never thought I’d live to see the day,” Jim teased. “So are we going to chow down here or en route?”

“Neither,” Daniel said returning to the room. “They can squeeze us in if we get there pronto. And we can eat there, actually they prefer it since they have all natural meals that will purge us of chemical imbalances.”

“AWW Daniel do we have to?” Jack made a face and so did Jim, but Blair perked up.

“Daniel man that is so the ticket!” Blair beamed coming over to put an arm around Daniel. “Let’s go!”

Jim and Jack made faces, crossed their arms and locked their legs in place. “Uh-oh they’ve gone into stubborn mule mode. I guess they’ll have to be convinced to go.”

“Nothing is going to make me eat rabbit food!” Jack groused. Daniel winked at Blair and walked over to Jack. But Jack just looked fiercely resolute.

“Here’s a down payment on what you get if you go,” Daniel whispered. Blair didn’t hear it but Jim did and his eyebrows shot into his hairline at the bold statement. He didn’t figure Daniel for the type. Daniel leaned forward placing a hand on each side of Jack’s face and kissed him. Jack melted, wrapping his arms around Daniel pulling him closer. Jim could hear their hearts beating like mad and hoped Jack wouldn’t have a coronary. He was so mesmerized by watching Daniel and Jack devour each other he only noticed at the last minute Blair was moving in to kiss him. The Sentinel melted in his Guides passionate kiss. Jim had to turn down his hearing at the four hearts all beating wildly, including his own.

“Let’s go Jack,” Daniel whispered pulling away. Jack grinned wildly, nodding and grabbing his coat. Blair and Jim followed a minute later, and not another complaint was heard.

“OH man does that smell good!’ Jim said as they pulled up to the spa.

“Really? What do you smell Jim?” Blair coached.

“Mmm, pastries, breads, muffins, baked bananas, fresh turnovers, buckwheat and walnut pancakes…” Jim stared into space naming them all off.

“Hot damn, let’s go campers!” Jack cheered and they all piled out of the car.

The spa was a long building was on a well-landscaped lot, filled with winding paths, fountains and gardens. They walked into a foyer and were serenaded by a light new age music. Daniel pointed out a rainbow flag behind the counter and a sign that had the article from OUT magazine laminated. Jack felt a little awkward and looked nervously around. He wasn’t sure he was comfortable with the ‘homosexual’ label. After all both he, Danny and Jim had all been married. Jack just hadn’t thought about it before. It was kind of odd too that Daniel knew all these things.

A handsome young man smiled at them and took down their first names then led them to a back room. They were introduced to a whole team of more men then hustled off to what looked like barber shop chairs.

“Daniel?” Jack asked nervously.

“I signed us up for the works. Today we get pampered,” Daniel grinned mischievously. “Try to relax; you don’t see Blair or Jim complaining.” Jack looked over to see Jim and Blair had settled back into the chairs. They each received a facial then a very close shave. After that the team tried to offer them a trim but since Jack, Daniel and Jim had military style cuts they didn’t need one and Blair was scared that his hair would be cut beyond redemption, so they declined. Next they received manicures and were ushered off to eat before their massages.

“This is a pretty sweet idea man,” Blair patted Daniel on the back as they sat down with loaded plates. Jack was still rubbing a hand over his face in admiration of the shave he’d received as Jim studied his hands intently. “Jim? You’re not zoning on us are you?”

“Huh?” Jim looked up in confusion.

“Jim look at me. Come on man. I know that was a lot of touching and sensations come back it’s time to eat.” The large man’s blue eyes came back into focus. Jack and Daniel looked at each other then at the Sentinel and his Guide.

“Blair?” Jim reached out a hand and touched Blair’s face.

“Yeah, it’s me. You with us?” Blair asked in a soothing tone.

“Uh yeah, sorry Chief.” Jim looked a bit dazed yet. “Wow, guess I kind of lost it there.”

“Ellison, eat,” Jack nudged his old friend.

“What happened?” Daniel asked curiously.

“Jim’s sense of touch went on overload.” Blair pushed the all natural coffee at Jim.

“But I didn’t notice anything until you said something,” Daniel replied.

“That’s why Blair’s my guide and not you,” Jim smiled at Blair then at Daniel.

“Was this a bad idea? I didn’t mean to overload you Jim,” Daniel looked at the big man nervously.

“I never know what might do it to me. Hell, I’ve zoned out watching the sunlight in Blair’s hair.” Jim admitted.

“Really?” Blair was blushing and smiling at this news. Jim nodded.

Jack squeezed Daniel’s hand under the table. “You worry too much Danny. It was a great idea. And hell I’ve never had a shave that good.”

Daniel smiled up at Jack. “I could shave you in the mornings if you want.”

“Planning on spending a lot of mornings at my house?” Jack smiled at the thought. He’d enjoyed last night even though all they had done was talk and held each other. It just seemed so right. Daniel locked eyes with him and Jack was lost. “I mean I would really like that, if you don’t mind that is…”

Daniel put a finger to Jack’s lips and leaned over giving him a gentle kiss. “Easy Jack, we can spend as much time together as you want. I’m not losing you now.” Jim and Blair smiled at each other both wondering how long it would be before the two men were secretly living together.

Jim wondered when Jack would admit how he felt about Daniel. He looked at his Guide wondering how Blair felt about him. But Blair would talk about it when he was ready. Blair could be a very strong man, but also a sensitive, deep thinker. “So you guys should come visit us in Cascade.”

Jack answered for both of them, “Okay, sure you betcha. But if you get tired of the force, the offer stands to get you on the team. It would be great to have you guys in the area. I’d finally have someone to go to games with and these two,” he gestured at Daniel and Blair,” could rub rocks together.”

Blair winked at Daniel then leaned over very close to him. “Can I rub your rocks when we are alone together? I’ll let you rub mine. We can see if we can put our pieces together too.”

“Oh god,” Jack groaned at the imagery flashing through his mind.

“No shit,” Jim panted.

Daniel leaned forward. “After that I can help you wrap your tongue around sounds. Maybe a personal demonstration?” He licked Blair’s bottom lip and both Jack and Jim squirmed.

Blair and Daniel fell into each other’s arms laughing. “OH man you should see your face Jim!” Blair roared. Daniel held his sides, nodding and pointing at Jack.

“Damn chief I think I could get off just watching the two of you go at it,” Jim growled in a deep voice.

“Oh hell yeah,” Jack added looking at Daniel in a very predatory way. “But in the meantime, MINE!” Jack pulled Daniel into his arms, wrapping him tightly. Daniel sighed happily feeling Jack’s warmth surrounding him.

Jim was mirroring Jack’s action. Blair winked at Daniel. “These two are SO easy to play.”

Jack growled. “Your anthropologist is a bad influence on my linguist.”

“Chief, behave,” Jim chuckled. “You’re making the Colonel cranky.”

“Okay who wants to go first?” A tall raven haired man asked as he came up behind them. They all pointed to Blair. He laughed and waved goodbye heading toward the massage room.

Jim entertained Jack and Daniel with tales of the evil things Blair had done over the years when he suddenly froze. He put a finger to his lips. His hearing caught the conversation in the corner where two people had just slipped in.

“I’m telling you that’s Jack and Daniel.” The first voice said.

“There is no way Sam just calm down. Besides even if it was it doesn’t mean they are here together, just because we are.”

“Janet they are here as a couple look at the way the Colonel is wrapped around Daniel! I just can’t believe it!!”

Refocusing on Jack and Daniel, Jim’s face furrowed into a frown. “Do you know a Sam and Janet? They are here and just spotted you two. The good news is that they are here as a couple too.”

“Oh for crying out loud,” Jack groaned taking his arms off of Daniel and running his hands through his hair. “I don’t believe this.”

Daniel squeezed Jack’s thigh. “Wait Jack, calm down. Jim said they are here as a couple. I say we confront them. They can’t admit we were here without admitting they were here too.”

“Kid has a point Jack.” Jim agreed.

“Maybe we shouldn’t rock the boat.” Jack blinked. “Wait, the rumors on the base about Carter. This doesn’t make any sense.”

“Disinformation,” Jim suggested.

Daniel nodded in mute agreement. He looked with concern at Jack. This was the first test of their relationship. Or maybe this would tell him it wasn’t a relationship at all. After all Jack had not professed any feelings of love toward him. Daniel sighed and looked down at the table. Another masseuse came over and Jim volunteered to go realizing that the two men needed to be alone for this decision. Besides it would give him a chance to fill Blair in on what was happening.

Jack took in Daniel’s body posture and put a finger under his chin lifting his face so he could see his eyes. “I will never be ashamed of us. It’s time to wave goodbye to the old Jack and Daniel. Don’t expect me to hesitate either in showing you how much more you mean to me then my career.” For the first time Jack initiated the kiss between them. It was gentle and caring, loving and long. “What do you think of that Doctor Jackson?” Jack whispered as he pulled away.

“I don’t care about them either. But talk is cheap, and life is too short to be so apprehensive. Everything you do to me just hits me,” Daniel touched his chest.

“Shut up and kiss me Danny,” Jack replied. The two men began to nibble at each other’s lips. Their tongues licked each other in an open mouthed kiss before Jack growled pulling Daniel to him. The kiss soon had the attention of everyone in the room. When they parted Jack placed a gentle kiss on Daniel’s forehead before leaning together. Much to their surprise the room broke into applause.

“Wow,” said a man coming over to them with his partner in tow. “That was incredibly hot. Thanks for the show.” They chuckled and moved off looking inspired.

“I’d have to agree sir,” Sam came over looking sheepish. Janet was shaking her head in amazement.

“No sir here Carter,” Jack shook his head at her.

“Hi Sam, Hi Janet,” Daniel waved then stopped himself, before looking down wondering if he was blushing.

“When did this begin?” Janet sat down staring between them with a huge grin on her face.

“I’ll tell you if you tell me when the two of you started,” Jack gestured between the two women.

“Don’t ask, don’t tell?” Sam asked sitting next to Janet lacing their hands together.

“SO,” Daniel began, ”We agree right here and right now that none of this is spoken of again, especially at work.”

“Jack isn’t the only career military here Daniel. Don’t worry, besides now if I find ‘interesting’ marks on you I don’t have to ask where they came from do I?” Janet giggled.

Daniel and Jack both sighed with some measure of relief. Catching Sam with a piercing stare Daniel asked the question that was burning on his mind. “Is this why there are rumors on base about you sleeping with entire Stargate teams?”

The women nodded. “It was Janet’s idea to start a disinformation propaganda program.” Carter confessed.

“The drawback is the men on base are all hitting her. But I get them in the end.” Janet smirked. Both men winced imagining the needles being stabbed in the backsides of the men that hit on Carter. Daniel’s eyes widened and he unconsciously leaned back toward the security that was Jack.

“We can take you both now,” a masseur told them arriving out of nowhere at the table. Jack and Daniel waved goodbye to the girls and went back into the massage area. It was a large, sunny room with two tables holding their friends who were looking like they had melted into the tabletops.

Blair managed to wave, but Jim just grunted. Jack and Daniel were handed plush white towels and pointed toward the dressing rooms. Getting the hint they disrobed leaving their clothing in the dressing room where they them hung in bags with their first names on them. They were escorted to their tables and began to have their massage. Jack soon became boneless and looked over at Daniel who looked as though he was about to purr.

“I think this is one of the best ideas you’ve ever had Dannyboy,” Jack sighed contentedly.

“I second that,” Jim groaned.

“Me too man,” Blair added sounding half asleep.

“Thanks guys. I love this place. It’s just the ticket for when I get too stressed out.” Daniel admitted.

“I could move here just for this,” Jim sighed.

“Don’t tempt me,” Blair agreed. “Hey is everything cool? Jim said you had people here who knew you?”

“No worries campers,” Jack felt the last of the tension roll away as the talented hands worked out the kinks in his shoulders. “Gawd, do you guys do miracles on knees?”

“Sure buddy, roll over,” the masseur told Jack and began to work on his knees. “Damn what the hell do you do for a living?”

“Roll around on my knees in strange and exotic lands,” Jack laughed.

“Oh military I hear nothing, I see nothing and I speak of nothing,” the masseur laughed.

“Good man,” Jim replied as Jack became one with his tabletop.

“Since you all seem to know each other do you want one hot tub or two?” the man asked.

“Daniel?” Blair deferred to the resident expert in relaxation.

“Two definitely,” Daniel looked at Jack with blatant desire in his eyes. “Sorry guys but I think we all need sometime to be together, if you catch my meaning?”

“Why are you with this loser Daniel? You are way too smart for him, “ Jim joked. Jack stuck his tongue out at him. Daniel and Blair laughed. Then Jim and Blair waved goodbye as they were given robes before being escorted to the hot tubs.

Jack looked with a glimmer of concern at Daniel, glad for once that his eyes were closed. Daniel was young, handsome and very well built. He could have anyone in the SGC or the spa. Why was he with him, an old Colonel with bad knees and a shot back? As if reading his mind Daniel whispered. “Stop it Jack. I’m with you because I want to be with you “ no one else matters to me.”

“You guys are too cute,” Jack’s masseur said while helping Jack up from the table.

“Wow my knees feel great. What did you do?” Jack looked incredulous at the man as he gave a little test bounce.

“Ancient secrets of chakras, pressure points and reflexology,” the man gave a little bow. “If they get bad again just ask for me. I’ll leave my card at the desk for you, don’t worry it just has my name and email on it.”

Daniel came alongside Jack helping him into his robe. “Thanks, what room is ours?” Reaching back Daniel’s masseur tossed him a key which he caught with ease. The two men walked back a hallway that reeked of chlorine. Daniel opened up the one room and let them in. He hung up his robe and waited for Jack to look his full.

Hungry brown eyes looked at Daniel’s body. It had been a long time since they had shared a shower together at the SGC and Jack was amazed at the change in the linguist. He knew Teal’c had been working with him but had no idea the younger man had such muscles hidden under his BDU’s.

Jack felt suddenly self-conscious. Daniel sensed the change in his partner and stepped forward looking him in the eye. “We’ve shared showers Jack. Trust me I looked, a lot. I know about your scars and war wounds. It’s sexy as hell to me.”

Jack looked at Daniel seriously. “How did I get so lucky to find you?”

Daniel raised his eyebrows blinking a bit. He slipped the robe from Jack’s shoulders. “I wanted to ask you about that Jack.” They got into the water and both sighed with contentment. Daniel sat next to Jack. “As far as I know you’ve never lied to me. Tell me truth Jack, you had Blair translate what I said to you didn’t you?”

“Yeah Danny I did. I’m sorry. Are you upset?”

“No. I suspected when you suddenly seemed to have interest in me. Can you even out the playing field though and tell me how you feel about me?” Jack leaned over to kiss Daniel and show him but was stopped by a hand to his chest. “Please.” Daniel looked up at Jack with pain and hope in his eyes.

Jack took Daniels hands staring down at them. How did he feel about Daniel? Was it love? Or wasn’t it? How to say it? “I’m not good with this stuff Danny.”

“Just tell me how you feel.” Daniel whispered.

“I don’t want to be without you. Yes, you’re my friend but it’s gone beyond that. When I held you last night it felt so right. Hell when I see you it’s all I can do not to grin like an idiot. When you smile at me my chest goes tight, I can barely breathe and my heart feels like it’s crying. There’s things I want to do to you I’ve never wanted to do with a man. I can’t even think of letting you more than a foot away from me again. Work is going to be hell and I would toss it aside if you ever said the word. I’ve been an idiot not to notice this between us before. “Jack rubbed his head. “See I told you I suck at this.”

Daniel cupped the side of Jack’s face. “Granted we’ll never see it on a greeting card but I thought you made perfect sense.”

“You do?” Jack replied in surprise. Hell he wasn’t sure he understood.

“Sure Jack, I love you too.” Daniel whispered before initiating another kiss.

As Jack heard the words it hit him like a ton of bricks. He loved Danny. Smiling into the kiss Jack pulled Daniel into his lap. It was then his body reminded him that Daniel was naked. Their growing erections slipped together. Daniel shivered in his arms and Jack thought he was shaking himself. They had worn tee shirts and sweats to bed last night. This was the first time they had touched like this. Jack pulled back to look into Daniel’s eyes. “Yes, I didn’t even realize it until you said it. You’re right Danny. I love you.”

For the second time that day Daniel took his face in both his hands and kissed him. Jack hoped he wasn’t going to make a total fool out of himself and cry. But the kiss was so tender it was breaking him into little pieces. Jack gently moved hoping to give Daniel the hint but the result was different then expected as their bodies rubbed deliciously together. Daniel moaned so erotically Jack was painfully rock hard in an instant.

They slowly began to move together as the kiss deepened. When it got to be too much Jack nuzzled into Daniel’s neck letting his hands roam over the young, defined body of the archeologist. Daniel started to move faster and Jack kissed Daniel’s hairless chest. His tongue began to retrace where he had kissed Daniel. With both his tongue and fingertips he teased Daniel’s nipples until they hardened. Daniel was rolling his head back gasping. Jack gently pulled at both of them as his mouth attached to Daniel’s neck.

The linguist began to talk in other languages before he went rigid in Jack’s arms. “Yes Dannyboy just let go.” Jack whispered and Daniel shook in his arms. He threw his head back, a light sheen of sweat on his ecstasy filled face.

The sight undid Jack and with a litany of curses he hit his climax shuddering violently. They held each other tightly afterwards both silently amazed at the step they’d just taken. After a bit Daniel pulled back and Jack took in his shinning eyes, smiling face and flushed skin.

“You’re beautiful Danny. I wonder how I ever made it through without you.” Jack whispered choking on emotions that had settled into his soul.

“You were never without me my handsome warrior,” Daniel replied with love shinning from his eyes. He gently stroked Jack’s soft face looking at every nuance of it. “Thank you Jack for taking the first step.” They kissed a bit longer then got out of the hot tub. Daniel pushed a button on the wall and the tub went into cleaning mode.

“Should I be concerned that you knew about that?” Jack asked trying not to sound anxious but suspecting he was failing.

“Not unless you’re going to be jealous of me masturbating to the thought of you,” Daniel said looking down at his feet.

“Damn Daniel you make me feel like there’s nothing I can’t do,” Jack hugged him. “Just tell me that no matter what we’ll always be friends.”

“A friend who will always be by your side, holding your hand and keeping your secrets,” Daniel agreed before adding, “Superman.”

“That might just make you my Kryptonite,” Jack nuzzled Daniel’s neck feeling the man chuckle.

“Come on Man of Steel, time to find our guests.” Daniel and Jack walked out, changed and went to wait in the main sitting area for Blair and Jim. They had been quietly talking when Daniel’s cell phone went off.

“What’s up?” Jack asked his hand going to his own phone waiting for it to ring next in case it was SGC.

Daniel frowned. “It’s my weather alert. We need to find the guys and get home. There’s a Colorado low brewing.”

Jack went to go alert Carter and Janet whom he just spotted as Daniel went to find Jim and Blair. By the time the four men left the spa the snow had begun.

“I don’t get why you are so worried about some snow,” Blair said as they rode back to Jack’s house. Daniel and Jack looked at each other and Jack gestured toward Daniel that he should answer.

Clearing his throat Daniel began to explain. “Rocky Mountain Lows are snowstorms that often can develop in Colorado. You can pin part of the blame on the mountains in the state. When the jet stream cuts from west to east across these mountains, the terrain helps to generate low pressure on the lee side--the flatlands of eastern Colorado.

This is one of the most fertile grounds in the country for breeding low-pressure areas. Before long, a Colorado low may be sucking in moisture from the Texas Gulf Coast and mixing it with moisture that's made the long trek from the Pacific. In a day's time or less, this storm could be causing blizzard conditions across Kansas, Nebraska, or Iowa. At other times the jet stream makes a twist and cuts off into a swirl that parks over the Four Corners region.

This pulls moisture upslope, right against the front range of the Rockies. This scenario gives Colorado some of its most phenomenal snow totals--like the 75.8 inches that fell on Silver Lake on April 14, 1921.” Daniel sighed. “That’s what’s happening now. You don’t always get a lot of warning.”

“So you put that weather alert on your cell phone. Were you a boy scout Daniel?” Jim asked staring out the windows of the truck watching the snow.

“Let’s just say Jack is rubbing off on me,” Daniel laughed.
“My phone was off otherwise my alert would have gone off at the same time,” Jack added. “This might mess up your departure time Jim. They ground flights pretty quickly around here.”

“Well Simon said we should take some of our vacation time,” Jim smiled at Blair. Trying to ignore Daniel’s increased heartbeat. He was obviously nervous. Jack must have sensed it too because he occasionally reached over to pat his leg. “I better call him though.” Flipping open his phone Jim began to make the call into Cascade PD. They stopped twice on the way to secure some supplies before they hunkered down.

“So what happens if you need to get back to the base?” Blair asked.

“They send out a Hummer, or a convoy truck,” Jack shrugged. “It has happened a few times. We can sleep on base too.”

Jim got off the phone and Jack asked conversationally,” So Jim what’s your clearance these days?” Jim heard his pulse rate picking up as the snow became blinding.

“Still top drawer and I can vouch for Blair too. His is pretty high too.” Jim replied sensing the underlining statement that they might wind up at the base.

“Thanks to running with a bunch of cops,” Blair answered not catching the drift; Daniel did though.

Jim heard his heart rate pick up. Jack’s pulse rate calmed down when they reached the house. But there was already close to a foot on the ground as they got out. They all bustled into the house. Jim helped Jack get the fire going as Daniel made coffee and cocoa while being entertained by one of Blair’s stories of Peru.

“Jack what’s with Daniel?” Jim asked in a low whisper wondering why the young man wasn’t calming down.

“Ice planets, seeing people with hypothermia, others freezing to death off world Daniel isn’t thick-skinned military. Don’t get me wrong he’s become a good soldier in a fire fight but he’s sensitive. You mind finishing the fire?” Jack saw the expected response in Jim’s eyes, nodded and went to Daniel’s side.

He didn’t have to say a thing Daniel just gravitated toward him to be held. In a way Jack thought it was the greatest thing in the world but in another he often worried about Daniel in times like this. He didn’t do well being trapped, not that anyone did.

But it seemed too much after all they’d been through. He sat Daniel on the couch with his back to his own chest so he could watch the fire and just hold Daniel. Jim moved to the kitchen helping Blair bring out the drinks. Jack didn’t have to be a Sentinel to know Jim filled Blair in on what was going on with Daniel.

Jim quietly went around the house closing all the drapes and blinds. He had dealt with claustrophobics before and it wasn’t pretty. Jack hadn’t come out and said it but Jim thought it would be best to treat it as such. Blair made them all some Irish coffee before they all settled before the fire.

They soon started to talk and Daniel seemed to calm down. Jack went into the kitchen leaving Daniel to chat with Blair, while making a covert sign for Jim to follow him. When they both reached the kitchen Jack asked with concern,” How’s Danny doing?”

“His heartbeat has calmed down considerably Jack. I think he’ll be fine. Blair closed off the view of outside so Daniel doesn’t see it.” Jack nodded looking over at Daniel and Blair, running a hand nervously through his hair.

“You look like a man in love Jack,” Jim grinned knocking back a beer.

Jack grinned instantly,” I forgot how great it feels.”

“Daniel’s a great guy.” Jim slapped Jack on the back. “Don’t screw it up O’Neill.”

“Thanks for the vote of confidence,” Jack sneered.

“Trust me on this Jack, talk to him, a lot,” Jim advised.

“Shit Jim, you know I’m no good at that,” Jack looked down rolling his beer bottle between his fingers.

“Then you better show him often,” Jim walked out to the living room and Jack looked at Daniel. As if sensing he was being watched Daniel looked up at Jack and smiled brightly. Daniel excused himself, got up and walked out to the kitchen.

“Jack, is everything okay?” Daniel asked with concern.

“I just don’t want to mess things up between us,” Jack confessed staring at his feet.

Daniel lifted Jack’s chin and smiled. “We’ve been together a long time Jack and we’re only getting better. “

Jack smiled and pulled Daniel into his arms kissing him soundly.