“Loving by example” by Kenaf
For Allexandrya, SG-1/TS xover
Date: July 22, 2005
Summary: Word count: 3101
Warning: has elements of Season 9 SG-1







General Hank Landry slammed down the phone. He put his face into his hands and wished once more that he’d never gotten out of bed. An airman saluted sharply as he appeared in the doorway.

“At easer Peterson, report,” the General commanded.

The tall, red-haired woman stood at parade rest. “There is no sign of Colonel Mitchell or the alien Vala on the base. We did, however, find this note.” She placed the slip of paper on the General’s desk.

“Good work, dismissed.” With this, Peterson saluted and left.

The General opened the note with a flick of his wrist.

Dear General,

Please consider this my resignation from the SGC and the Air Force. Vala and I got married off world and plan on traveling the galaxy together. I’ve already seen more than my share of combat.

Regards,
Cameron Mitchell

“Asshole, where the hell am I supposed to find enough people to put together SG-1 again?”

Suddenly Walter appeared at the doorway. “Davis! Geez, you scared me half to death!”

“Sir, I brought you the files you needed.” Walter leaned forward and put them on the desk between them.

“Files, what files?” Landry sputtered in confusion.

“The files on General O’Neill, Dr. Jackson, Detective Ellison and Dr. Sandburg, so you can rebuild SG-1, sir,” Walter explained.

“How the hell did you know?” The General demanded.

“Gift sir,” Walter replied with a bit of a smirk.

“Right, damn creepy though son,” Landry shook his head.

“So I’ve been told sir,” Walter tried to hide his grin.

“Dismissed,” the General snapped.

The General glanced without hope at General O’Neill’s file before his eyes went wide.

“…after General O’Neill’s last unscheduled visit with the Asgard he returned 10 years younger due to a space anomaly. This makes him re-eligible for the program. The Asgard apologized…”

“Lucky son of a bitch,” Landry commented then opened Dr. Jackson’s file.

“…Dr. Jackson now considers it a personal quest to warn the galaxy about Vala….”

“Can’t say I blame you son,” Landry chuckled before moving on to the next file, Detective Ellison.

“…numerous case files and intelligence points to the conclusion that Ellison is a fully fledged Sentinel, with heightened senses in all five categories. This not only makes him a perfect soldier, which with his service record is obvious, but a walking crime lab, as shown by his police career. He would be perfect candidate…”

Landry shook his head in amazement and flipped open the last folder.

“…Blair Sandburg, who only recently received his PhD in police as a society unto itself, must remain with Ellison as his “Guide” or handler to his Sentinel senses. To separate them can cause Ellison to suffer ‘zone outs’ or the loss of control over his senses. It is categorically recommended to not separate them at all costs. Dr. Sandburg is an anthropologist and is highly proficient in….”

“Davis!” the general barked. The man appeared once more in the doorway.

“Sir, I’ve placed the calls they should all be here at 0800 sharp. No sir, neither Carter or Teal’c will budge and refuse to return. Lt. Colonel Carter is staying with research and development and Teal’c wore out his patience with the program after being teamed with Vala.

“Shame, okay goodnight Walter,” the General smiled.

“Sir,” Walter saluted and left.


Jim Ellison, Sentinel, was happily losing a bet. He was currently in the process of paying that bet off, thus he was pinned on the couch beneath his Guide, one Blair Sandburg. They writhed together desperately seeking out the friction of the other attached only at the lips, but pressed together everywhere else.

Clutching his Guide to him desperately as he went stiff, curling his toes into the couch arching upwards as he climaxed. Blair screamed as the mere feel of his lover’s orgasm sent him reeling into the abyss of his own.

“Mmm, I love you Blair,” Jim whispered nuzzling into Blair’s long curly hair.

“I,” Blair gasped,” love you too man.”

“Where’s a towel?” Jim asked.

“Mood breaker,” Blair teased groping for the one hidden under the couch. There seemed to be one hidden under every piece of furniture in the loft anymore. Just then the doorbell rang.

“Now that’s a mood breaker,” Jim kissed Blair lightly then pressed the now used towel in his hand. Blair stood wiped himself off, tossed his shirt back on, did up his pants and went to answer the door as Jim pulled himself together.

Blair ran his fingers through his hair and tried to check his appearance once more before answering the door. He pulled it open to see a man in a military uniform. “Hey man, I think you seriously got the wrong place,” Blair laughed. “The recruiting station is at the mall.”

“No, Sir. I was sent here on orders of General Landry to escort one James Ellison and Dr. Blair Sandburg.”

Jim came up behind Blair. “Let me see those orders.”

The man saluted and handed Jim the orders. Blair tried to look over Jim’s arms to read it too. “Holy shit man,” Blair gasped. “They’ve reinstated you?”

Jim smirked. “I think Simon will have something to say about this.”

“Sir, Captain Simon Banks has already been informed. If you both chose to accept the assignment you will be reassigned.”

“Well, I don’t accept it.” Jim shoved the papers back at the Marine.

“I was told you might say that,” the Marine handed a letter to Jim that was addressed to Blair. Jim handed it to Blair, who took it in shaking hands, and opened it.




Dr. Sandburg,

You may have heard of Dr. Daniel Jackson. His theories were rejected by academia. But he was right and now he works for us. Come see for yourself and meet the man who has connected Ancient Egypt and the galaxy.

You’ll be glad you did.

General Jack O’Neill
Head of SG-1
Stargate Program
Stargate Command

Blair staggered. Jim caught him around the waist. “Blair what is it?”

“Please Jim, can we go see what they have to say? For me?”

It wasn’t often Blair pulled his advantage, and Jim was surprised to see him pull it now. He put his hands on Blair’s shoulders. ”Does it mean that much to you?”

“Yes,” Blair whispered, and Jim cupped Blair’s face with one hand.

He turned to the waiting soldier. “Let us pack a bag and we’ll be right down.”

Blair’s beaming smile only got wider as Jim kicked the door closed and kissed him. Jim wasn’t sure if they’d be on a military base when he’d get to kiss Blair again and he wanted to make sure to remember this one. Blair was dizzy from it when Jim pulled away. Jim smirked and went to go pack, leaving a dazed Blair touching his lips before running after him.

By 0700 the next morning they were eating in the SGC commissary before their meeting. They felt odd being in here surrounded by military. Whispering to each other they began to formulate what they would and would not agree to, including Blair getting his hair cut, which was in the ‘no way man’ category.

At ten minutes before the meeting they were escorted to a large meeting room that seemed to have an overlook of a metal door. They were shown were the restrooms were, given a glass of water and left on their own. Jim took Blair’s hand under the table. “It’s okay Blair; it’s me they want to re-up not you.”

“Why does the military need your Sentinel abilities, but to turn you into a soldier again? I don’t know if I can handle you getting shot at.”

“Hello? Chief? We get shot at all the time!” Jim shook his head. “You wanted to meet this Jackson, remember?”

“Yeah, sorry man. All this military crap just makes me nervous.”

From the stairs they began to hear the banter of two men, drawing closer. “Jack I’m going to get even with that bitch if it’s the last thing I do.”

“Careful there Danny you’re starting to sound like a woman scorned.”

“I am not!”

“Are too!”

“Not!”

“Am!”

They came around the corner spotted Jim and Blair and smiled sheepishly. “Well so much for first impressions,” the taller man laughed.

Blair smiled and stood up. “Hi, I’m Blair, Blair Sandburg.”

“The Blair Sandburg that did the work on Sentinels?” Daniel stepped forward and took Blairs hand shaking it happily. “I really enjoyed the thesis. Did you ever find a Sentinel? I know you came close on several occasions…” Daniel began.

Jack rolled his eyes. “Hi Blair nice to meet you, I’m Jack. Who’s your buddy?”

“Jim Ellison,” Jack and Jim shook hands eyeing each other up, seemingly satisfied Jack sat down and yanked on Daniel’s sleeve as another man entered the room.

“Hello boys, at ease, sorry I didn’t get to meet y’all before I’m General Landry, commander of Stargate Command.” Introductions were made all around and Blair looked ready to jump out of his seat to talk to Dr. Jackson some more.
“Dr. Jackson, why don’t you take over?”

“Right well,” he stood and pointed a remote at the metal door. “This is the Stargate, found at Giza. It’s actually a stable wormhole creator that can link us to hundreds of worlds, crossing hundreds of lightyears in seconds. Ra, the Ancient Egyptian sun god….”

“Whose ass we kicked,” Jack grinned.

Daniel huffed. “Yes, well he was actually a member of an alien race we now know as the Goa’ulds. They are snake like symbiotes who take humans as hosts.”

“Which is why I call them snake heads,” Jack put in with a grin.

Jim smiled. He’d met Jack’s kind before and liked them.

“Wow, are they still out there then, trying to take over the human race?” Blair asked.

“Yes, they are. It’s our mission to go out there, get as much alien technology as we can…”

“Big honking guns preferred,” Jack added.

“General, please let Dr. Jackson finish,” General Landry sighed. He was starting to realize that Jack had actually mellowed in his old age, and taking 10 years off of that had returned him to high school in terms of maturity.

Jim hid a smile behind his hand. He noticed Blair was on the edge of his seat.

“Thank you General Landry,” Daniel smiled at him then scowled at Jack, who made a grand gesture toward Daniel with a sweeping motion of his arms. “Anyway, we also try to make as many allies as we can, and search the cultures that once existed or in some cases still exist on these worlds in an effort to gather more information.”

“Right.” Jim laughed. “Even if I believed this for one minute, why do you want us?”

“Because we know you are a Sentinel and Dr. Sandburg is your Guide. We need you both out there to help us.” General Landry said with a smile. Dr. Jackson dropped his clipboard and gaped at Jim.

“Hello? I seemed to have missed yet another memo here. What the hell is a Sentinel and Guide?”

“You never read your memos,” Daniel commented reflexively. “Are you really a Sentinel?”

Jim sighed and looked at Blair. They had both discussed this, that the military knew about their secret. The General put their files on the table. “Don’t even try to deny it. We’re not trying to blackmail you boys. It’s like this. Our premier team.”

Jack cleared his throat. “My team, SG-1 he means.”

“Jack is the head of the team, a team which needs to be rebuilt. We want you to be on the team.”

“What’s in it for us?” Jim said sliding a hand over Blair’s under the table to make him not jump up and volunteer.

“Name it,” General Landry smiled.

Jim looked at Blair and then back. “I don’t really want to be back in the military sir. The reason is my lifestyle, well our lifestyle doesn’t agree with your protocol.”

“Keep it out of the base and I really don’t give a damn,” General Landry said then added quickly,” But don’t look to me to fill your dance card.”

Jim looked at Jack and Daniel. “If this is a problem tell us now, and you can find someone else.”

“Oh, no, no problem,” Daniel smiled then elbowed Jack.

“What the hell was that for? I don’t care!” Jack snapped glaring at Daniel.

“Excellent you have a go, SG-1,” The General smiled stood and left.

“What does that mean?” Blair asked nervously.

“It means we hit the locker rooms,” Daniel beckoned for the two men to follow him, but Blair held back a minute to talk to Jim.

“If this doesn’t work out we go back to Cascade right?” Blair asked nervously.

Jim smiled. “Right Chief.”

Blair inhaled deeply, nodded then caught up with Daniel to ask him more questions.

Jack was looking appraisingly at Jim. “You have the military look to you. What have you been doing with this Sentinel stuff?”

“Detective with the Cascade PD,” Jim answered following Blair.

“Do they all know you’re a Sentinel?” Jack asked.

“No only my boss and a few friends,” Jim answered. “The rest of your questions aren’t about that though, right?”

“How did you know I have more questions?” Jack asked with surprise.

“Your heartbeat is going 100 miles a minute. So either you want to ask me about Blair or something along those lines am I right?”

“Maybe,” Jack said taken aback.

“Let’s get off base and we can talk,” Jim smiled. Jack smiled back.

It was almost 2 hours later on the planet with the pink sky and purple trees that they were able to resume their conversation. The planet had a large ruin on it that Daniel and Blair were bonding over. There was no need for patrol, Jack and his knees (despite being younger) were thrilled to learn since Jim could hear someone or see them coming a mile off. So they sat under the odd palm trees and began to talk.

“So Jack, talk,” Jim began.

Jack stared off a minute then said,” How do you know?”

“Know what?” Jim asked.

“That you’re …um…you know,” Jack looked away.

“Ah, when I couldn’t stop thinking about Blair. I don’t really think of myself as gay Jack. I’m just in love with Blair.” Looking at the expression on Jack’s face and how he was studying Dr. Jackson he hazarded a guess. “It’s Daniel isn’t it?”

“Yes.” Jack admitted sounding relieved. “When there was that age gap between us I used it as my excuse, but now I’m ten years younger and …”

“You don’t want to miss this chance,” Jim smiled.

“I don’t know how to tell him.” Jack moaned.

“Let me help,” Jim got up brushed off his pants and headed with purpose to Blair. “Excuse me Daniel can I see Blair for a minute?”

“Oh sure,” Daniel said looking at Jim curiously. Blair smiled got up and Jim took his hand leading him over to the trees, then stepping into the shade pulled Blair into his arms and kissed him.

Jack walked over to where Daniel was looking a bit embarrassed. “You okay Daniel?”

“Yeah,” Daniel was blushing bright red.

Jack stepped closer. “You’re blushing is that for me or them?”

“Both.” Daniel looked down. “Blair says you and I should talk.”

“Jim and I talked too. The guy can read me like a book. He’s okay.” Jack stepped right into Daniel’s personal space then looked over to Jim and Blair who were still kissing. When he looked back he saw Daniel looking over at them too, a bit forlornly. “So what did you want to talk about?”

“Well, how do you really feel about them being a couple Jack? You seemed a little tense in the briefing room.” Daniel sighed. “They sure do seem happy though.”

“It’s one thing to be lonely Daniel and another to have it thrown in your face how good it could be,” Jack replied looking back up to the trees where the couple was still easily seen. They really did look happy. He was jealous; he could admit that to himself now. He desperately wanted to have the same sort of relationship with Daniel.

“Jack?” Daniel asked breaking into his ruminations. “What do you mean?”

“What would you do if a guy kissed you like that?” Jack said bluntly. Daniel looked a bit surprised then slowly smiled.

“It would depend on who it was. I only kiss people I love,” Daniel said softly.

“What if it was me?” Jack turned back to Daniel nervously. “Do you love me Danny?”

“Why don’t you just try?” Daniel grinned. “And maybe you’ll find out.”

“I just might just have to do that,” Jack wrapped his arms around Daniel’s waist.

“Good, you just do that,” Daniel breathed heavily, staring into the velvet brown eyes whose owner he’d fallen in love with years ago.

“Good,” Jack agreed tilting his head to kiss Daniel. Wrapping his arms around Jack’s neck, Daniel pulled him closer. “Then I won’t get my head knocked off?”

“No Jack,” Daniel whispered. “Just shut up and kiss me already.”

Jack grinned and for once took orders from Dr. Jackson.

Back in the tree line, Jim pulled away from Blair,” Mission accomplished.” Blair rested his head on Jim’s shoulder and watched the two men kissing passionately in the middle of the ruin.

“I think we better stay with the program and keep an eye on those two, what do you think?” Blair chuckled.

“Good idea, tell them its time to go before we have company. I can hear some sort of planes coming,” Jim said cocking his head to one side.

Blair yelled out the warning, Daniel ran for the gate, Jack grabbed Daniel’s gear and they all ran through the gate before the Goa’uld even knew they were there. General Landry met them at the bottom of the ramp.

“Well gentlemen, are you staying?” He asked Blair and Jim.

“Yes sir, someone needs to keep and eye out for these two!” He cocked a thumb in the direction of Jack and Daniel. General Landry was surprised to see both men were smiling happily. Landry grinned. He’d not only gotten an SG-1 team together but now General Hammond could get off his back about trying to get Jack and Daniel together, at last.