CHAPTER 2
EMH, Personal Journal

Well, despite the fact that we are in deep space, the mating rituals of the crew have not ceased. Most of Voyager's complement has been in my office on a very regular basis for the shots. And I have found this time to be most beneficial to assist Seven of Nine with her studies in Human Interaction. She is a wonderful student. She has but one lesson remaining: the mating ritual of homosexuals and bisexuals. This will of course be a great challenge for her,
because few of these couples maintain a public relationship.

Luckily for Seven, I am such a generous, kind and compassionate teacher. I took pity on the poor woman and have directed her to two men who need her assistance. The two men to whom I refer are, of course, Commander Chakotay and Lieutenant Tom Paris. Despite their obvious and mutual attraction to each other, for several months, coupling has not yet occurred.

I pride myself in giving special care to the particular injuries unique to male couplings. It is based on this knowledge I can safely say that the two are still flying solo. (Chuckle) That, of course, being the only way Lieutenant Paris has to fly the ship! (Chuckle) AH, but my wonderful sense of humor has wandered into my log again. I fail to see why the crew doesn't' appreciate my superb sense of humor (Sigh).

But, back to the point. Where was I? Oh yes! Tonight Seven is on a special assignment. I sent her to Sandrine's to try to pair the reluctant gentlemen. I also know about the little pool that Mr. Kim is running, as to the date and location of the first pairing of these two men.

Since this is a behavior beneath my protocols, Seven has placed a wager for the both of us. And with the excellent tutoring she has received from yours truly (chuckle) tonight will be the night. It will prove a valuable lesson to Mr. Kim, who has in the past failed to pay heed to my many talks on this very subject.

EMH, Signing out.
Fin