Pairings: Jack/Daniel, Jim/Blair
Category: Xover, First Time
Season: none
Episode: none
Spoilers: none








“I know just where you are coming from,” Daniel said to his tv set as he watched “Princess Diaries”. The lead character seemed to be invisible. She was seen as geeky, and it had escalated to the point where people sat on her. To top things off the guy who liked her was invisible to her. Yes, Daniel understood it all too well.

It was all the fault of one Colonel Jonathan “Jack” O’Neill that he felt more invisible than ever. At one time he really thought he was Jack’s best friend. Looking back on it, maybe Jack was being a good Colonel and trying to make him feel welcome on the team.

But this last mission…god if anyone came to see him now. He wiped away a tear and tried to forget but his heart was in pieces and he just wanted to scream. Popping some sleeping pills he toddled off to bed to miserable to even enjoy this movie.

But sleep was elusive and when Morpheus finally overtook him it was to relive the pain again.


The second they stepped out of the Stargate Colonel O’Neill had started barking out orders.

“Teal’c goes with Carter, Daniel’s going with me, and you know we can’t leave him alone.” Daniel wanted to point out that he was there but as Teal’c and Sam pinned him with looks of pity he simply walked off. There were ruins off to the right and he headed that way. O’Neill never talked to him, looked his way, nada. Daniel was clearing away an inscription and saw a bizarre relief of what looked like a brain. He touched it and with a yelp felt the tingle before he vanished.

When he looked down and saw his body was gone he panicked. Even when he had touched the Crystal Skull he could see himself, even if no one else could. So he trotted over to Jack to try to get help for himself. But what he overheard made him stop.

“Goddamn Daniel, stupid ruins, why the hell do we have to fucking stop here anyway? These people are long dead and they don’t have any technology for us. This was a shitty idea. Worthless, absolutely worthless, we need to be fighting the snake heads not pissing around on some ancient town. Who the hell cares? Daniel does that’s who, so since he opened the stupid, fucking Stargate we need to cater to him. Okay O’Neill maybe that’s a bit unfair the guys’ a damn genius but this is a waste, having an archeologist along is a waste. Why isn’t he on another team?”

Daniel stopped in his tracks. He was so hurt and felt so unwanted he just sat back down at the ruins and waited. It took twenty minutes before Jack noticed he was gone. Then it took three days for Sam to piece together what must have happened. But when he was restored to his normal self how did Jack react? Disappointed, Sam and Teal’c both patted him on the back and Teal’c said it was good to see him again. Jack practically sneered.

Daniel put in for an extended leave, or out of the program. General Hammond seeing the look of resolve on his face let him have his leave.


He woke up shivering, and packed his bags. Daniel needed to get the hell away. Maybe someone would notice, or care, but he doubted it. Before he left he looked at his fish tank, and filled the auto feeder. He jumped in his car and still didn’t know where he was headed. When he left the Colorado Springs limits he realized he might have made a wrong turn. But he decided to just keep going to wherever fate would take him.

A few days later he found himself on a sunny beach and enjoying just copping some rays when he heard a man’s voice.

“Hi, I’m Blair mind if I sit near you?” Daniel looked up to see a man with blue eyes, a friendly smile and beautiful curly dark hair.

“Go right ahead. The name is Daniel by the way.” They shook hands and Blair sat down and looked out over the ocean.

“Are you on vacation? I am, gawd I needed to get away,” Blair sighed trying to relax.

“Yes, to both actually.” Daniel looked again at the man seeing the stress in his posture and the scars of gun shots, surgeries and stitches. Damn, he looked like a warrior! “What do you do for a living Blair?”

“Cascade PD, civilian consultant,” he said wearily before looking to Daniel with interest. The man was built like someone on a SWAT team, all muscles and toned, trim. “What do you do Daniel?”

“I am a linguist, archeologist and anthropologist and work for the government.” Daniel hated this; he was lying to a stranger now!

Blair laughed and Daniel sat up needing to be closer to that infectious laugh and smile. “Right. I’m an anthropologist myself but never saw one that looked like you!” Blair raised his eyebrows suggestively.

Daniel actually swayed from shock, someone was noticing him! Blair put out an arm to steady him. “Whoa, you okay man?”

“Yeah just a little stunned. I’m not used to anyone noticing me.” Daniel looked down and Blair felt mad at the world.

“They should man. Or is it one person who isn’t noticing you because I know that score too. I’ve been there, done that, but luckily that’s past history,” Blair said openly.

“Thanks, and yes that’s it exactly. How did you know?” Daniel blinked in surprise.

“Takes one to know one? Like I said I’ve been there myself” Blair winked again and Daniel settled into a pleasant conversation with the man, finding that they had a great many things in common.

As it began to get dark, Blair asked Daniel,” So where are you staying man?”

Daniel scratched his head,” Well, actually I just drove and wound up here. Can you recommend a place to stay?”

Blair laughed. “Come on man, follow me. I’m staying just down the block.”

“Are you sure Blair?” Daniel asked with concern when he saw the beachfront house.

“You bet it’s a freebie anyway. The owner owes me a big favor. I have it until the end of the week.”

“So what’s his name?” Blair asked as they got out of Daniel’s car and walked inside the house.

“Who’s name?” Daniel replied nervously.

“That guy back home you’re stuck on,” Blair grinned. “Come on, who am I going to tell?”

Daniel sighed and sat down in the kitchen. “Jack.”

“What do you mean he just took off?” Jack snapped at Carter.

“He just left sir. No one has any idea where he went,” she shrugged.

“For crying out loud! He’s part of the team, and he just up and left?!” Jack yelled.

“I’m sorry sir, maybe he’ll call,” Sam turned on her heel and left, leaving Jack to stew in his own juices in the middle of the hall.

Jack was furious. How could one of his team just go AWOL and everyone be okay with it? He went to his phone to call in a few favors. Daniel would be found.


Two days later Jack was staring up at a resident beach front home in San Diego. A curly haired, handsome young man answered the door when he rang the bell.

“Hi,” Blair said looking the man up and down. “Jack right?”

Jack was taken aback. “Yes, but how did you know?”

“Are you kidding? Daniel talks about you all the time. He’s not here though.”

Jack’s face fell. “When did he leave?”

“Oh about an hour ago, he’ll be back soon. The guy loves the sun and the beach. Guess that’s the dangers of growing up in Egypt, huh? Come on in.” Blair held open the door and Jack walked inside. The house was bright and airy. He hated to think of how much this cost. “Coffee?”

Jack nodded. “Sure.”

Blair laughed. “I thought you might share Daniel’s java habit.” He sat down at the round kitchen table swinging a chair around to sit in it backwards. “So let me take three guesses how you found Daniel. Special Ops, you know Jim Ellison and he blabbed that I had a house guest.”

Jack blinked. Jim told him Blair was sharp but usually Jim exaggerated, not this time. “Right, so does that come from living with a detective?”

“Hey, where’s my welcome?” came a yell from the front door. Blair’s face broke into a huge grin and he took off at a run. Jack heard a loud crash and got up quickly to check what had happened. All of his training hadn’t prepared him for the sight of Detective Jim Ellison trying to suck out Blair’s tonsils while grinding him into the wall.

Jack found his chin on the floor and just stood blinking. Jim waved in his direction and picked up Blair in his arms. He carried him like this over to Jack.

“Hey flyboy, how’s it hanging?” Jim looked down. “Pretty good flagpole there Colonel. Enjoy the floor show?”

Jack sputtered. “You shit.”

“Haven’t lost that gift of gab have you?” Jim joked. “Is my Blair taking good care of you?”

“Yeah we were just having some coffee actually,” Jim laughed.

“I could smell that. Can I have a cup too?” he squeezed Blair’s ass and with a squeak Blair jumped down and got Jim a cup.

Jack soon found himself in a bear like hug. Each man pulled away smiling widely. They all sat down and Jack looked between the two blissfully happy men. “So how long has this been going on?”

“Years, well we do live together; for security and ease of course.” Jim leered at Blair.

Jim’s Sentinel hearing picked up Daniel walking up the porch so he quickly changed the subject. “So how long are you going to keep it from Daniel that you love him?” Daniel froze in the hallway.

“Ah, for crying out loud Jim, Daniel doesn’t want me to tell him that. The guy is as straight as they come.” Jack groused.

“Right, and Jim and I are vessel virgins,” Blair laughed. “You should tell him Jack.”

“I’m military, Jimbo, you of all people should know that song and dance.” Jack argued.

“Jimbo?” Blair laughed.

“Daniel isn’t military, so technically you’re free and clear, think of that? That dumb act of yours is so good you’re starting to act it 24/7 huh? Besides if I know you at all you’re keeping him at arms length with the Jack Wall of Anger,” Jim smirked. He could pick up Daniel’s racing heartbeat and wondered what it would take to get the two together.

“I’m telling you I just want to see him, make sure he’s…” Jack ran a hand through his hair.

“Coming back to you?” Blair asked softly.

“Something like that,” Jack admitted. “I’ll never be able to tell him that I love him, but …”

“You just did,” Daniel said coming to stand in the doorway of the kitchen.

“DANIEL!” Jack yelled and jumped up. He gulped taking in the tanned, tone, form of the younger man clad only in swimming trunks.

Blair and Jim smiled at each other, and then happily dashed upstairs to Blair’s bedroom. Jack realized he was alone with an archeologist who had a predatory gleam in his blue eyes.

“Jack,” Daniel said in a husky voice as he slowly approached Jack pinning him to a wall.

“Danny, it can’t work out you know that,” Jack protested meekly.

“Not if we don’t try, no. Do you want to be my lover?” Daniel asked softly.

“Hell yes, but we can’t!” Jack yelped as Daniel licked up the side of his neck.

“We just have to be careful Jack, but for the record I love you too,” Daniel rested his hand on Jack’s cheek.

“You’re right, you win,” Jack gasped out and suddenly Daniel found himself being kissed senseless by over six feet of USAF Colonel. The last coherent thought he had was he really had to mark this day down on the calendar; he not only won an argument with Jack O’Neill, but Jack O’Neill himself!