Taking Turns
Prequel to “Whose Turn?”
1,011 words
Harry/Lucius/Draco
9/13/2005











Lucius rapped his fingertips onto the desk in a rapid fire staccato, a sure sign that he was lost in thought. His mind wandered and his eyes roamed over his desk to see the picture of him and Harry upon it. Things had started out in an odd fashion, Draco in one of his childish moments had bet Harry Potter, hero of the Wizarding world, that he could not resist the Malfoy Charm.

Harry, of course, had to one up, declaring that he could not only easily evade Draco’s charm, but his father’s too. Thus began a silent battle of pride between father and son; a succession of dinners, dancing, clubbing and so forth, which finally culminated in a show down argument between Lucius and Draco in front of Harry. Eventually they asked Harry to choose, but he could not. He admitted not only defeat, but that he’d somehow fallen in love with both of them. Nor did he want to give either man up. That was when their secret came out. Lucius smiled as he recalled that too.

“Should we tell him father?” Draco had asked.

“Tell me what?” Harry frowned, tears glistening in his eyes from fear that he’d lose one of them.

“Yes, my Dragon,” Lucius smiled. He drew Draco to him and they could both hear Harry’s gasp as they kissed, for it was not a kiss of paternal love, but one of passion. Then Harry had moaned, turning they saw the smoldering lust in Harry’s eyes. It was the first time they’d all made love together.

Lucius sighed, stood up and strolled over to the window of the Ministry building. He hated how complicated things were now. Neither of them ever knew who Harry would be with and a pall of insecurity had settled over them all, in the form of a tangible concern they’d be found out. Lucius knew he had to do something, and quickly before society found out about their little arrangement.

Looking over to his desk he saw the globe Harry had gifted him with. The globe acted as a world-wide portkey. With the right words and a touch Lucius would be transported to the local Ministry Office in that country. It was both ingenious and costly. Lucius was touched when Harry bought it for him, as well as impressed, simply because Lucius said in passing that he enjoyed traveling. He spun the globe idly, letting his finger drag across the smooth surface. It landed on Utah, in the United States. His eyes went wide and he dashed from his office to go see the Minister of Magic.

***
In the meantime, Draco was trying to at least come up with a solution for a way to end some of the confusion. Proudly he went to Harry with the idea.

“You want to establish a what?” Harry gasped.

“A chart to show us whose turn it is with you,” Draco beamed. “Of course, after a few weeks we’ll have the hang of it. But this way we each get a block schedule of time with you each day. I can have quality time with you and so can father. People will only see you with one of us, not both.”

“Nutters !” Harry decreed. “You’ve gone positively loopy, do you know that? What happens when I want to spend time with both of you? Besides between your jealousy and his possessiveness, it will turn into yet another contest!”

While Harry and Draco fought over the schedule idea, Lucius was making his presentation to the Minister.

“Think of it. If everyone were allowed two spouses it could greatly increase the population. It would also lesson the amount of orphans.”

“How so?” The Minister asked.

“How many times has one set of parents been ripped away from a child? This would make that highly unlikely. Imagine how that would have helped out the post-war orphans. Harry Potter is only one example,” Lucius said slowly. He waited. The new Minister was a huge fan of Harry’s and would do anything to endear himself to him. Orphans were also a huge election platform this year. Harry had made several bills and presented them to the Ministry that Wizarding orphans should no longer be made to live with Muggles.

“Aren’t you dating Harry Potter, Lucius?”

“Yes I am and I’ll be sure to tell him how you felt on this issue,” Lucius said coolly. Hearing the underlying threat to his next election the Minister started to write up the bill to go before the Wizarding Council immediately. Lucius smirked then headed home for the day to find Harry and Draco fighting.

“Lucius, love please tell Draco that he’s bonkers!” Harry pleaded kissing Lucius to welcome him home.

“I drew up a schedule to share Harry. Twelve hours each and it rotates each week, why is that so bad?” Draco snapped.

“Well it would be easier if we were married,” Lucius smiled, kissing Harry’s hand.

Harry flushed. “You know I love you Lucius, but …”

Lucius put a finger to Harry’s lips to staunch his flow of words. “Draco, get the family rings.” With a dramatic sigh, Draco told one of the house elves to fetch them.

He glowered over his father and lover. “If he’s to be a Malfoy, it will be because he’s married me.”

“Patience,” Lucius smiled. “A bill is being put forth right now to allow wizard families to have more than one spouse.” He looked meaningfully at Harry then winked at his son.

“Brilliant!” Harry yelled throwing his arms around Lucius.

“As soon as it passes then we can have a quiet ceremony right here!” Draco said slipping a ring onto Harry’s hand. Lucius followed suit. Harry smiled looking down at the double rings on his hand.

“But for right now, until it passes, it’s my turn,” Lucius smiled dragging Harry off to the bedroom, much to Draco’s chagrin. Then he smiled and started to plan the wedding. They could argue about whose turn it was later.