Story Notes:
WARNING: UNBOUND, xTREME FLUFF, OCC, FIRST TIME
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“You want me to what?” Lex asked with a stunned expression on his face. Across from him, his wet-dream-come-true-American-farm-boy looked down at his work worn boots. His dark hair cascaded down hiding his face. Lex hoped he’d heard wrong, because there was no way he could deny one Clark Jerome Kent a blasted thing when he looked so despondent.

“Would you be in a play with me?” Clark shoved his large, strong hands into his pockets and Lex was grateful that Clark couldn’t see the look on his face. The shuffling of Clark’s boots seemed to echo throughout Lex’s office as he continued to stare at them.

Lex willed his heart to slow down. Maybe this would be good for press relations. But then again – “Clark what exactly is this play about?”

Familiar eyes looked up, meeting his. “Well, I haven’t really read the entire script yet. But I need to do this for my senior project! Please say ‘yes’ Lex! I’ll make it up to you I swear!”

Just barely able to withstand snorting at that one, Lex sighed outwardly. “It would have to work around my schedule Clark. I’m not too busy right now, but –“ He hadn’t finished getting the words out before Clark launched himself onto Lex enveloping him in strong, muscular arms with his gratitude.

“Oh thank you Lex! You’re the best! We’ll work around your schedule if that’s not a problem! I have Thanksgiving vacation coming up anyway; do you have off work then too?”

Lex tried to stay unaffected by his friends hug, but soon found himself wrapping his arms around the strong muscular back covered in soft flannel. His heart tripped in his chest and he silently wondered if he could just manage to die right then and there in perfect bliss. He barely registered Clark’s rambling, just reacting by some ingrained manner when he asked intelligently, “Hmm?”

Clark’s laughter rang through the room. Lex decided that he was glad he didn’t die earlier because this was much better way to go, leaving Clark laughing because of him. Wait – “What did you say?”

Shaking his head at his friend Clark said instead, “I have the script in my backpack. Want to see it?” Lex didn’t even get the chance to answer before cold air rushed in to take the place of his warm blooded friend. He shivered as Clark fished around in the battered bag. Lex made a mental note to find a way to give Clark a new one as a gift. Or perhaps he could stock the local consignment shop, where Martha Kent shopped, with a shipment. It would also qualify as a tax write off.

The arrival of a veritable brick of copy paper into his hands jerked his mind back to present moment. “Do you want to be Kevin or Casey? Those are the only two parts open. But the director said that I could ask a friend.”

Lex looked up at this and smirked. “Is that what you refer to me as before you volunteer me for something?” Clark had the good grace to look embarrassed and Lex reveled in the rosy red color that bloomed on his farm boy’s cheeks. After enjoying this view for a moment, Lex looked down at the script again. “We should probably sit down and go over this. Do you need to go straight home or can you stay for dinner?”

Clark grinned showing his incredible smile. Lex forgot to breathe and suspected he was grinning like a loon right back. “I already cleared it and I can stay.”

Lex’s eyebrows shot up in surprise at Clark’s presumptuousness. Clark blushed once more and shaking his head, Lex gestured toward the long leather couch that sat near the fireplace. They sat down and Clark began to thumb through the papers and then stopped. “Kevin shows up on page 42. It looks like Casey starts the next page and there’s only a few pages of them both.” He frowned for a moment as he looked through the script again and then back at Lex before smiling. “I guess that means it shouldn’t be too hard to learn.”

“For you maybe,” Lex commented. He’d noticed already that Clark had a higher than average ability to memorize things. But he chalked it up the enigma that was Clark. They took turns reading back and forth until Lex said. “Uh-oh.”

“What?” Clark asked looking from his script to Lex and back again.

“The stage direction Clark,” Lex’s voice was tense. How would Clark react when he saw that –

“WHOAH! You mean, that we – I mean- you and I we-“

“Kiss? Yes.”

Clark stuttered for a moment while Lex held his breath. This was the perfect way to finally get to kiss Clark Kent. But Clark only seemed to like girls. Had he ever even been kissed by a guy? Was the play now off? Or was Clark desperate to do his senior project? “Clark, what exactly is your senior project about?” Looking away toward the fireplace Clark mumbled something. “What was that? I didn’t quite catch it Clark.”

“I, um, ‘”

“You knew this play was about homosexuals?” Lex guessed.

“Sort of.” Clark cleared his throat.” I’m doing a project on alternative lifestyles in society and my project advisor suggested I do this play and then write about it.” His eyes went wide. “I really didn’t know that this would be –“

“You didn’t wonder why these were the only two spots open and both were men?” Lex wanted to scream at Clark’s innocence. The boy needed a protector! Especially with the hero complex he seemed to have going.

“I’m sorry,” Clark started to stand up and Lex could feel the waves of humiliation radiating from him. Lex grabbed a handful of flannel in a jolt of panic and pulled Clark back to the couch. Clarks face echoed the confusion in his large doe eyes. “Lex?”

“The show must go on right?” Lex sincerely hoped Clark would swallow that pathetic line. He was grateful there was no one else in the room. It was dreadful. Knowing that made finding an armful of Clark a bit shocking to say the least, but feeling he was getting the hang of things, Lex wrapped his arms around the grateful young man faster than before.

Suddenly as if they both realized their closeness, they stiffened. With a deep inhale, Lex pulled a bit away. “Don’t panic,” was whispered before Lex touched his lips to Clark’s. A bolt of desire burned through them from the point of contact. They broke away quickly, each breathing heavily, staring into each others eyes.

Gulping audibly Clark said,” W-we sh-should practice more.”

Closing in for another kiss and watching Clark’s eyes fall shut Lex whispered, “Encore.”






Chapter End Notes:

 

Thanks for reading. Go brush your teeth now!