1. Are there any due South email lists I can join?
Yes, there are several, mostly on Yahoogroups, though most of them get little or no traffic at all these days. The DIEF-L (General Fiction) and DSX-L (Erotica/Adult content) fiction lists still technically exist, but have seen no traffic for some time. (That doesn't mean that you can't be the one to revive them!) There are also a number of DS discussion lists including--but by no means limited to--Bindlestitch, ds_Asylum, DSGenficupdates, serge, RedSuitsYou, TwoAxes, & TheNewRideForever. Each of these has its own flavor and character: some are slash, some are gen, some are Ray Vecchio-exclusive, some are Ray Kowalski-exclusive, some are pro-kink, some are anti-kink. As of this writing (1/9/05) Two Axes, The New Ride Forever, and Red Suits You seem to be among the more active lists. (A word to the wise: make sure you know what list you're on and what their ethos is before barging in with off-topic conversation!)
2. Where else can I find due South Fiction and Discussion?
At the moment, due South has a big presence on the web in blogs, and particularly on Livejournal. Livejournal Resources include:
* The DS Noticeboard, for fiction posting, recs, and more.
* DS Discourse, for show discussion.
* DS Flashfiction, for fiction challenges.
* DS Icons for sharing show icons.
* DS Writers for writer-talk and betaing.
* DS Flashback now defunct, but a good site for older recs.
Also, many of the authors who archive here have their own fiction webpages, and many have livejournals or blogs where they will talk about the show and post fiction.