Resolution

By Switch

Summary: For the Smut 69 Multi-Fandom Smut Challenge. Prompt: #32 - Champagne
Rating: PG-13
Archive Date: 01 January 2006
Notes: 1447 words. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
Disclaimer: I'm just playing. Please don't sue me. I have no money anyway.


"5...4...3...2...1! Happy New Year!"

Corks were popped. Champagne flew. Kisses were exchanged. It was officially 2006 and Babylon was buzzing with people. Michael and Ben were caught up in the crowd and the spirit of the evening. Ben picked Michael up and swung him around, capturing his lips in a passionate kiss.

"Happy New Year, babe," he said.

"Happy New Year," Michael whispered back.

"Later," they heard Brian say as he breezed by with Justin in tow.

"Guess they're off to celebrate in private," Michael said.

"I think that sounds like a wonderful idea," Ben replied.

He grabbed Michael by the hand and took him off towards the backroom. They hardly ever went back there. They had only been back there on the rare occasion when they were feeling particularly boisterous. Just thinking about where Ben was taking him made Michael hard. He may not have been a regular visitor to the backroom, but he usually enjoyed his time back there. Must be his little voyeuristic streak.

"So, what's with the trip back here?" Michael asked. "You don't usually like to do this."

"I know," Ben said, leading Michael. "But I have resolved in this new year to do more to show how much I love you and to break out of my safe zone more. And I know how you used to like coming back here, so let's go."

"Hold on," Michael said. "Ben, you don't need to do that. I love you for who you are and what you do. Sure, every now and then I kinda miss the backroom and the atmosphere it creates. But it in no way compares to what I have when I'm with you. Besides, what we have isn't so boring. You haven't forgotten the video, have you?"

"Oh, I don't think I'll be forgetting that for quite some time," Ben laughed.

"Then come on," Michael said dragging Ben back out to the dance floor. "Let's boogie!"


End of "Resolution" by Switch (switch842@gmail.com)

back to fiction index page