Hunter? Legal?

By Sadie

Rating: R
Archived: 02/20/06 Notes: This was originally written for gauky_1976. I borrowed prompts from a fic100 groups, or something awhile ago. I wanted to use them as inspiration. So this prompt was Birthday, I believe. Also I don't own them, duh. Again, don't think I do.


Michael immediately threw the covers back and turned to check on Ben. He watched the rise and fall of his chest, listened to his steady breathing, brushing his lips against the larger man's forehead as he leaned down to brush a hair from his face. As soon as he felt safe in the fact that Ben was well and still fast asleep, he headed down the hall and into bedroom next door.

He stood in the doorway for a moment, not able to contain the smile that covered his face. There he was, the covers thrown off the bed, leg cocked up at what appeared to be the most uncomfortable position ever, and his hair strewn across the pillow. He started to enter the room and then decided not to wake him. Hunter had been attending college in upstate New York for the past three years. Michael practically had to bribe the young man to get him to return for today. It was a day that neither he, Hunter, or Ben had ever spoken of. They had never thought it would happen, and not speaking the words would mean less pain. However, it happened. The day was here and they still hadn't spoken about it, really.

Michael turned and headed back into his own bedroom, standing at the end of the bed, watching Ben sleep. When the light came in from the window just right and played across Ben's face, Michael could almost swear he was an angel. His face was peaceful, and his hair looked so golden with the sun reflecting the color. Michael only prayed that one day, when the end came that Ben would look this -- He pushed the thought to the back of his mind, and focused on the day. He climbed into the bed softly, sliding under the covers and trying to make sure he did not wake Ben just yet. He positioned his body next to his lover's and ran his fingers slowly up and down his chest. Ben's body moved slightly, and a small moan escaped his lips when Michael's hand brushed against Ben's toned abs. Michael smiled softly to himself. Through the years, Ben's body had -if it were possible- only gotten more attractive. He realized that Ben took good care of himself before ever meeting Michael, and that he did so because he thought it was a healthy way to combat his disease. But even after all these years, when Ben would slide his shirt off before stepping into the shower, Michael couldn't help but smile to himself and think he kept himself that way for his husband.

Michael slid his hand farther down Ben's stomach, watching Ben's body begin to squirm. When his hand slipped past the waistband of Ben's shorts, Michael began to lick his lips, watching Ben's body start to flush with color, listening to the soft moans that came from Ben's parted lips, and feeling his hips arch off the bed. Michael leaned down, pressing his lips against Ben's ears and whispered quietly "Wake up, babe." Ben opened one eye lazily and shifted his body, turning towards Michael, reaching out to stroke Michael's face lovingly. "I didn't want to wake up, I was having the most fantastic dream." He sighed softly and winked at Michael.

Michael's smile was contagious, and suddenly Ben couldn't help himself from grinning widely. "What's that look for?" Ben asked. Michael leaned down and pressed his lips against Ben's softly at first, then more eagerly. He moaned softly and pulled back so their lips were just barely touching. "Our son turns 21 today." Michael blinked away a few tears, turning his head so Ben wouldn't see. If you would have asked him five years ago or even 2 years ago if both Ben and Hunter would be around for this milestone birthday, Michael wouldn't have said a word.

Through the last three or four years, there had been numerous hospital stays, different medications, colds, infections, fevers. Somewhere in the back of his mind, Michael had been able to dream of this day. There was something about Hunter turning twenty one that made the entire battle worthwhile. And now there were new milestones for Michael to start wishing for -- Hunter's wedding, his and Ben's 15th anniversary, JR's 18th birthday.

Michael looked over at his husband and Ben smiled weakly. He knew that look. Michael was daydreaming, and probably about their 95th wedding anniversary. Michael's eyes would cloud over, and become so light. It was almost as if you could see his soul at that moment, if you looked closely. For the first few years they were together, Ben had discouraged Michael every time this would happen. But then he realized it was something that Michael needed. He needed to have hope that Ben would be there to help him through JR's dating, or through Hunter's marriage troubles.

Ben sighed softly and reached over to stroke Michael's cheek. As wonderful as the daydreams had become for Michael, as much as they were an escape, they were also a nightmare. As soon as Michael would focus back into reality, and look at Ben, his eyes would become incredibly dark, and there was very little his lover had found that would bring him back to Ben at that moment. He positioned his body over Michael's quickly, leaning down to kiss Michael's lips gently, looking into his eyes. "Come back to me, Brown Eyes.." Michael wouldn't even look at him yet. He nuzzled his head into the crook of Michael's neck, kissing him softly.

"Jesus -- Is this what you had me fucking come back for? To watch you guys fuck again? I haven't missed this at all you know." Ben looked over his shoulder to see Hunter standing in the doorway. With him gone, the house had been pretty quiet, and the quiet, door-closed sex had given way to free reign of the house. They had forgotten to shut the door. Ben laughed softly and Michael pushed against his chest, looking at Hunter. "Listen you little shit, you came home because it's your 21st birthday and you're going to spend time with your family and you're going to fucking pretend like you like it." Ben smiled widely as he listened to Michael. Hunter was another thing that could always snap Michael from the dark place his mind took him to when he thought of the imminent future.

Hunter plastered on a huge grin and bounded into the bedroom. "Stop being all mushy already and tell me about how you bought me a pony for my birthday." He jumped on the end of the bed, giving Ben a knowing look and berating Michael with questions about what Michael had gotten him for his birthday. Ben chuckled to himself, and for just a moment, he allowed himself to imagine what Hunter's 22nd birthday was going to be like.


End of "Hunter? Legal?" by Sadie (sxysadie21@yahoo.com)

back to fiction index page