At Home with the Bruckners

By Rich


Michael struggled with the stroller and his keys as he and the baby entered the apartment.

"Ok, kiddo, we're home." He picked the child up out of the stroller.

"Hey."

Michael quickly turned. "Ben, what are you doing home? I thought you had a class."

"I did, until some twit pulled the fire alarm and we were all sent home." He took his child from Michael "Hey, Champ."

Baby Danny smiled.

Michael put a towel on Ben's arm. "Just in case." He smiled as he collapsed on the couch.

"So where'd my guys go today?"

"We took a nice walk along Liberty Avenue where every baby-loving fag couldn't get enough of Danny. We ran into Ted at Liberty Books..."

"Whoa....whoa. Ted? He emerged in the sunlight for a change?"

"Benjamin." He gave him a stern look.

"Sorry. So what was Ted doing?"

"Book Signing. Some guy named Aaron Pierson."

"Really. Heard his new book is just fascinating reading." Ben paced the floor until he made sure Danny was asleep before putting him the playpen and sitting next Michael, taking him in his arms and kissing his neck.

Michael shut his eyes "Hmmm, I'll have to get it sometime."

"You hungry?"

Michael nodded.

Ben whipped up a couple of sandwiches and returned to find Michael standing over the playpen.

"He's beautiful. Isn't he?"

Ben smiled and wrapped his arms around Michael "You're both beautiful."

Michael kissed Ben "I love you, Ben Bruckner."

Ben brushed the hair from Michael's brown eyes. "I love you, Michael Novotny-Bruckner."

They sat on the sofa, eating their sandwiches as they watched their sleeping son.

~~~~~~~

Playtime

Laughter filled the room as Michael and Ben played with their infant son.

Michael covered his eyes. "Where's the baby? Where's the baby?" he said in a goofy voice as Danny giggled.

The child reached his tiny fingers out and slowly started to peel his daddy's fingers when Michael quickly put his down. "There's the baby!" Danny roared with his infectious laugh that made his daddies smile.

It was Ben's turn as he handed Danny to Michael. He took a little hand mirror and held it up. "who's the cute baby? Come on,Danny. who's the cute baby?"

"I can think of two cute babies." Michael said as he leaned forward and kissed Ben.

The baby reached up and pulled on Ben's collar,obviously not finished being entertained. "let go,son. let go of daddy." he pried the tiny but strong hand off him.

The games continued for another half hour until all three got tired.

Ben picked the yawning child,brushing the dark blonde curls from his face and placed him in his playpen setting toys in front of him until he fell asleep.

"Now it's our turn to play?" Michael purred as he wrapped his arms around Ben.

"Any particular game in mind?" Ben asked playfully.

Michael kissed him again,deeper this time. "let's just play it by ear," he said, leading him into the bedroom.


End of "At Home with the Bruckners" by Rich -- email

back to fiction index page