Life's a Drag

By Kirsten

Rating: NC-17

Summary: Ben discovers a photo of Michael in drag from the 2000 Pride Parade.
Rating: NC-17
Archive Date: 26 July 2006
Notes: Season 2 Spoilers. Plot bunny from alchemic_jedi on BenMikey_Fans.


"Notepad...notepad...if I were a notepad, where would I be?"

Ben was working on a lecture for his class and had used the last sheet of paper from his notepad, so he was rummaging around in the desk, looking for a new one.

After determining that there were no notepads in the top drawer, he closed that one and opened the middle drawer and resumed his search. All of a sudden he came across an envelope full of photographs that didn't look familiar. He pulled it out, and noticed that it said "Pride 2000" on the front.

The search for paper was abandoned as he took the envelope back to the table to take a look. He pulled the stack of pictures out of the envelope and started thumbing through them. Several pictures of the Pride Parade banners, Melanie and Lindsay pushing Gus in a stroller decorated with a rainbow of balloons, a picture of Debbie walking with a young woman, Brian and Just...wait a minute. Ben went back to the picture of Debbie and looked at it more closely. That's no young woman, Ben realized, it was Michael in drag!

Ben was chuckling as he looked through the rest of the pictures, then came back to the picture of Deb and Michael. Just then Michael came through the front door, and walked over to where Ben was sitting.

"What's so funny?" Michael asked.

Ben held up the picture for Michael to see, and asked, "Is there anything you want to tell me?"

"Where did you get that?"

"In the desk. I was looking for a new notepad and I stumbled upon the envelope. How come you never told me about this?" Ben was clearly amused by Michael's indignation over his finding the picture.

Michael slumped down in a chair and sighed, resigning himself to telling Ben the whole story. It wasn't that he didn't trust Ben -- he trusted his husband with everything. He just hated going back to that time of his life.

"That was right after I left David in Portland and came back to Pittsburgh," Michael began. "I was miserable, just wandering around in kind of a daze. I'd gone back to work at the Big Q, but my new boss, Andrew, was making my life hell. I'd been promoted over him before I left for Portland, so now that he was my boss, he never let me forget it. Plus I'd just failed at my first major relationship, which made things worse."

"I'd never marched in the parade before. I was afraid that someone would see me, or there'd be some picture in the paper. None of my co-workers knew I was gay, except my friend Tracy, and I was terrified at the thought that they'd find out."

"My mom, of course, thought going to the parade would be a great boost to my morale, so she kept pestering me to join her. Part of me wanted to go; I didn't want to be afraid any more, but I still wasn't sure. Emmett's the one that suggested that I go in drag. That way I could join in the event, but still be hidden in plain sight. He dressed me up and sent me on my way."

"When I got to the parade, I found my mom and started walking with her. She didn't recognize me at first! Once she realized it was me she was thrilled that I'd decided to participate."

"Andrew, Tracy and a couple other guys from work decided to go the parade to watch the 'freak show.' I saw them as we were walking, and acted on a sudden impulse. I went over to them, right up to Andrew and planted one on him, calling him 'lover boy' or something like that. Tracy recognized me, but didn't say anything. I guess I was hoping that he'd get some ribbing at work from the other guys and give me a break."

"Amazingly enough, going to the parade and kissing Andrew like that did help my frame of mind. Within a week I quit my job at the Big Q, running out of there as if my life depended on it. Brian had given me a rare comic book for my 30th birthday, which I sold on eBay to raise enough money to buy Buzzy's comic book store. Then you walked in, changing my life forever." With that Michael reached out to squeeze Ben's hand in gratitude. Ben pulled Michael up from his chair and sat him on his lap, giving him a quick kiss, then holding him close as the emotions kicked up from that day settled down in Michael's mind.

As they sat there, enjoying the feeling of being in each other's arms, Ben looked up at Michael and said, "I saw a picture of Brian and Justin as well. The Pride Parade doesn't seem like something that he'd be caught dead at."

"From what I understand," Michael replied, "Brian went so that Justin would go. He wanted to make sure that Justin didn't let the guy who bashed him win." Ben just nodded.

They were still sitting there when Hunter came bounding through the door. "Geez, don't you two ever quit?"

"Hey, pal," Ben responded. "We were just talking about some stuff and it got a little emotional."

"What about?"

Ben looked at Michael, who just nodded slightly as he got up off of Ben's lap and walked across the room. Ben took the picture of Debbie and Michael and handed it over to Hunter to see. Hunter looked confused at first, then his eyes got wide as he realized that it was his foster father, in a dress.

"This you?" Hunter asked. Michael nodded. "Dude, you make one ugly woman," Hunter offered.

"I don't think so," Ben countered. "I think he makes an adorable woman. Of course that comes from being an adorable man to start with," which made Michael blush.

"Whatever gets you through the night," was Hunter's retort, as he headed up the stairs to his room.

"Soooo....Michael, if you're up for it, I think we may have just found our Halloween costumes for the GLC party." Michael started to say no, but thought what the heck? Maybe they'd win a prize for best costume!

~~~~~~~

Ben and Michael ended up going to the GLC Halloween Party/Fundraiser as Ward and June Cleaver. Ben found an old 50's era suit, and had his hair all slicked back under a great fedora. Emmett helped Michael get into his costume, which included the ever-present strand of pearls and practical pumps.

They got a lot of compliments on their outfits, but they weren't able to take home the prize for the best costume. Another couple had dressed up like Siegfried and Roy, complete with recreations of the injuries Roy sustained from the tiger attack a few years earlier. They were pretty much unbeatable.

Hunter refused to dress up as "The Beav", opting instead to go as a vampire. Since Halloween had fallen on a Friday, Ben and Michael gave him permission to go to another party at a friend's house and stay the night, so they had their whole house to themselves.

After they got home and handed out candy to a few remaining trick-or-treaters, Ben made his way upstairs to their bedroom, while Michael took a quick detour to the bathroom to wash off Emmett's expertly applied makeup. Ben had already gotten rid of his hat and suit coat, and decided it was long past time to get Michael out of that dress. Ben pulled him into his arms, quickly removing the wig and pearls. Then he reached around and slowly unzipped Michael's dress. With just one hand he was able to unhook the bra that Michael was wearing, much to Michael's surprise.

"Should I even ask how you were able to do that?" Michael asked, breathlessly.

"I learned a few things from my time as good little heterosexual boy," Ben teased. "But right now, memories of that period of my life are becoming detrimental to my plans for this evening." With that, Ben removed the rest of Michael's costume, leaving him standing there in just a pair of black boxer briefs. "Much better," Ben murmured, placing kisses along Michael's face and neck.

It was definitely time for Michael to return the favor. He quickly pulled off Ben's shirt and tie, then went to work on the pants. "I guess I learned a few things, too," he joked, as the belt and zipper seemed to magically open and the pants fell to the floor.

Ben started to move toward the bed, holding out his hand for Michael to join him. "Come here, you," he said softly, enticing his husband to come join him on the bed. They lay there facing each other for several minutes, staring into each other's eyes. Ben reached out and traced a finger down Michael's face, tracing along his jaw line, then reached around to the back of his head to pull him in for a soft, sweet kiss.

Kissing was one of their favorite activities, so as was often the case, the kiss didn't stay soft and sweet for long. Michael reached out his hand to pull Ben's mouth even closer as their lips parted and tongues dueled.

When breathing became necessary, they separated, breathless, gazing at each other with looks of pure love. Michael moved so that he was lying on top of Ben, then started kissing his neck and chest. He took one nipple in his mouth, washing it with his tongue until it hardened into a dark pink point, then he moved to the other to give it the same attention, adding a small bite mark, causing Ben to groan with pleasure. Grinning up at his husband, Michael started to move down his body, worshipping the ridged lines of his abdomen until he reached the waistband of Ben's briefs. He grabbed them and pulled them down his legs, then took off his own as well.

Looking down at his gorgeous husband, Michael started kissing his way up Ben's legs, occasionally nipping at the smooth skin, causing Ben's groans to increase in volume and frequency. When he got to the dark blond hair at his groin, he took Ben's cock into his mouth, loving the feeling of it tickling the back of his throat and the taste of the pre-cum that was starting to leak out.

He didn't stay there for long. He let the cock slip out of his mouth as he continued to make his way up Ben's body. As he reached his mouth, Ben pulled him in for another mind-blowing kiss. This brought their cocks in contact, and both men were rock-hard in anticipation, skin tingling, burning wherever the other man's hand touched it.

Ben reached over to the nightstand to grab a condom and the bottle of lube, then rolled Michael over so that he was on his back. Given their earlier role-playing, "missionary" position seemed appropriate. He handed the condom to Michael, moving aside slightly to allow Michael to roll it on his throbbing cock. He slicked himself with some lube, then applied some to his fingers to prepare Michael. He brought Michael's legs up to his shoulders, pushed one finger inside Michael's hole, feeling him tense, then relax quickly. Once he felt Michael was ready, he replaced his fingers with his cock, moaning as Michael's body pulled him in, welcoming the intrusion.

Once Michael had adjusted to his size, Ben kissed him deeply as he pulled most of the way out, then slid back in again. Both men were covered in a thin layer of sweat, their heads buzzing with excitement.

By keeping their bodies close while continuing to thrust deep inside the smaller man, Ben was able to apply enough pressure to Michael's dick that he came, shooting over his and Ben's chest and stomach. Those contractions were enough to bring Ben to orgasm, as he shot into the safety of the condom.

Ben collapsed onto Michael, moving aside slightly so that he wasn't directly on top of him, as they both rode out their respective orgasms. Once he started to get soft, Ben gently pulled out of Michael to dispose of the condom, then pulled him back against his chest, spooning him from behind.

Ben nuzzled Michael's ear, saying, "If you keep up this wearing dresses thing, I just might be tempted to turn straight."

Michael snorted at that, and replied, "Not likely." He grabbed Ben's hand, and moved it down to his cock, which was starting to show signs of life again. "If you turn straight, you won't have this to play with anymore."

Ben started stroking Michael, gently at first, then applied more pressure as his penis thickened in his hand. Rolling Michael over onto his back, Ben made a beeline for his throbbing cock, taking it all into his mouth. He then alternated between sucking on it and running his tongue along the sides and across the top. Michael arched his back, forcing his hips to rise, trying to get more of himself into Ben's warm mouth.

Ben reached down with one hand and palmed Michael's balls, lightly squeezing them and rolling them around with his fingers. Then one finger trailed lightly down the sensitive skin to his hole that was quivering in anticipation. He pushed the finger inside, teasing his prostate as he took one long suck on his cock. That was more than enough to send Michael to his second orgasm of the night, shooting down Ben's throat, who swallowed it eagerly.

"Baby, I promise to never talk about going straight again." Ben said with a huge smile on his face. By now they were back in their familiar positions, Ben on his back, Michael nestled up against his side, head in the crook of Ben's shoulder. Michael rose up and kissed him sweetly before settling back down. They fell asleep that way, both secure in the love they shared that would see them through whatever life brought.


End of "Life's a Drag" by Kirsten (eli_ollie@yahoo.com)

back to fiction index page