Drifting Into You...

By Jannine

Summary: "...we share in the struggle of life eternally... riding out, an endless wave, but we draw strength of this love to get by..."
Rating: NC-17
Archive Date: 19 October 2005


"Faggots, faggots everywhere and not a drop to drink!" Emmett announced as he sashayed off to check out the talent. Michael smiled at his friend. Why had he allowed himself to be talked into coming here, a White Party...? This was Brian's scene, not his. Brian was very convincing in his persuasion and here he was--standing at the bar, looking out at a sea of faceless, muscular and probably surgically enhanced bodies.

Michael watched as Brian did his "thing;" it appeared that just one sentence, one word from Brian's mouth to some guy's ear and that was that. He was assured of a hot fuck or, at the very least, an amazing blowjob. Michael rolled his eyes as yet another hot stud fell under Brian's spell. But then Michael saw him... did his heart actually just skip a beat? It felt like it was now pumping hard within his chest. His knees went slightly weak and he felt a familiar stirring within himself.

Michael watched intently as the guy in the red, sleeveless, form-fitting shirt danced and commanded the dance floor. He had never seen anyone quite so beautiful before? Not even the great Brian Kinney could compare to this guy. He drank in every inch of the dancing Adonis and felt beads of sweat form on his top lip and at the nape of his neck. Oh my God, he was taking his shirt off. Michael thought he might pass out. He held onto the bar and steadied himself once more. He quickly took a drink from his glass and put it back down clumsily, not wanting to avert his gaze for even a second. Look at those arms, that chest, that perfect torso. Michael couldn't believe his eyes... but then the guy looked in his direction and it was at that moment that Michael was reminded of a song he once heard: "...the ocean is your eyes and I'm drifting into you..." The sea-blue of his perfectly shaped eyes were like a well and Michael could easily have jumped in, right there and then.

The Dancing Adonis turned his back and Michael didn't think it was possible; the view from the back was just as ridiculously perfect as the view front-on. Man, what a perfectly shaped ass! Michael smiled and continued to let his imagination take hold. As he thought about all the fabulous things he could do with the guy, that stirring became deeper and more intense... it was then that he realised someone was talking to him.

Brian repeated himself. "What the hell are you smiling at?"

Michael lapsed back into reality and replied sheepishly, "Um... I'm smiling at the guy I'm going to marry some day!"

Brian looked off in the direction where Michael's brooding dark eyes had been glued and saw what had captured Michael's full attention. Brian worked his glance all over the hot guy strutting his stuff and finally announced, "Not before I tie him to a bed and fuck him within an inch of his life and then maybe even go at him a second time! When I'm done with him, you can have your fairytale ending!"

Michael rolled his eyes at his sexy friend and hummed some more of the song he had been reminded of. "... Feel my touch, feel this kiss... you are locked in my soul and my mind...."

Brian looked sideways at Michael and scoffed, "Man you have it bad for him, don't ya? Well get your tight little ass over there and grab him by the balls!"

Michael nearly choked on his drink "Yeah, right... That might be your style, Mr. Wonderful, but it certainly isn't mine. As if a God like that would even be interested in me."

Brian said mockingly, "What's your name? Theodore Schmidt? Haven't I always told you how fabulous you are, Mikey? Are you listening to me?"

Michael grunted, "Yes, I'm listening..."

Good. Now get your fluffy little buns over there and ask him to play hide the pickle!"

Michael couldn't help but laugh... Oh God; the Adonis was headed their way....

"Honey, what were you thinking about?"

Michael slowly drifted back into reality or, at least, his perfect rendition of it. "Oh... um, I was thinking back... seven years ago--the night I first met you."

Ben smiled warmly. "Oh. Was I wearing that red shirt that you loved so much? The one you ripped off me when you got me back to your place?"

Michael smiled at the memory. "Oh yeah... and then I got to see your rippling stomach muscles up close. I was able to run my fingers over your perfect arms and chest. I was able to look into those deep blue eyes and just get lost..."

Ben lowered his lips to Michael's and kissed him tenderly. "Remind me of that song lyric that you sang that night..."

A wide grin came across Michael's face. "The ocean is your eyes and I'm drifting into you..."

Ben's eyes held Michael's loving gaze and he kissed his husband again, this time more deeply. Their bodies entwined as they explored each other silently, passionately. Ben ran his hands over Michael's smooth body. Ben was making his way slowly but surely down Michael's body, stopping to rest at the peak of his dark, groin thatch.

Michael's fingers excitedly ran through Ben's hair and a shiver overcame Michael's entire being as Ben took him in his eager mouth. A low moan escaped from Michael as he kissed and nipped at Ben's neck and shoulder. "I have never been closer now to anyone in my life. I can feel what you feel. The skies are Tourmaline..." The song played on in Michael's mind as Ben took in every fiber of Michael's excitement.

Ben's mouth hungrily went to work on Michael, his fingers grasping Michael's hips forcefully as he continued his assault on Michael's erection... Michael was almost there. "Washing over, the tide can rise and carry me into the blue. The ocean is your eyes and I'm drifting into you...." Michael exploded in a sea of hot love and Ben felt every last quiver. He kissed Michael's heaving stomach and let out a deep and satisfied moan.

They lay in each other's arms for the longest time. Ben eventually said quietly, "You were so hot. I felt every rise and fall as you let me take you."

Michael replied, "I was so lost in the moment... you always have that effect on me... like I'm carried off to another place, to some paradise where nothing can ever harm me."

Ben looked into Michael's chocolate brown eyes and saw that sadness that always managed to creep in after their love-making. Ben asked, even though he knew the answer, "Are you okay?"

Michael touched Ben's hair softly and ran his fingers down Ben's cheek and said, "I'm fine..." but the song continued to play in Michael's mind: "...but we share in the struggle of life eternally... riding out, an endless wave, but we draw strength of this love to get by, Tourmaline..."

Michael's answer was always the same, even though Ben knew that every time they made love, Michael was reminded of their fate--the inevitability... to face the truth that Ben would one day have to tell Michael something--something that would kill Michael inside, that would tear away at Michael's soul--that the virus was winning and that Ben was losing his struggle. "What we feared we embraced and got by, Tourmaline..."

They drifted off into sleep, holding each other and becoming one. As long as there was breath left in his body, Ben would never allow Michael to feel that fear, that pain, that heartache, that torment. He loved him more than life itself and would spend every day of the rest of his life showing Michael just that.


End of "Drifting Into You..." by Jannine (greenbeltave@optusnet.com.au)

The song quoted in this story is Chris Potter's "Tourmaline."

back to fiction index page