Office Space

By Holly


"Ben's in a bad mood again this morning," Michael thought with annoyance as he stood up on his tippy-toes to kiss Ben goodbye. They stood together on their front step savoring this kiss that would have to last both of them until later tonight. Michael's tongue sought to study and memorize all of the hidden surfaces along Ben's thick, moist tongue. Michael's hands studied Ben's hard muscular back and firm rounded ass for extra credit. Too soon, Ben's hands slipped down as he stopped circling Michael's small waist. Ben managed to pull himself away with a commendable effort.

"Oh, Baby, you're gonna make me late," Ben growled. Sorry, Ben, I just- I just wanna prepare myself for our usual painful goodbye," Michael giggled. The pain he was referring to: the ache in his crotch every time he knew he and Ben would be away from each other for long .Ben could read Michael's horny mind. "I promise to ease your pain later tonight," Ben smiled wryly at Michael's uplifted face that was still glowing from their "painful" goodbye kiss. "Why don't you ease it right now", Michael teased. Ben sighed. He thought that Michael couldn't possibly realize how much Ben would have loved to do just that. Unfortunately, he had to get to his office early to record his midterm grades, which were due by today. Ben was already running late because he'd allowed a few students to revise an essay or two for extra credit- and "a few" students had snowballed into about twenty- that meant twenty extra essays to grade in addition to the last ten or so papers from the last exam that he was wrapping up grading. Now Ben regretted taking the extra time this past week to grade the papers- he could have been spending that time with Michael, instead of snapping at him to leave him alone.

Ben tore himself away from Michael with one final short kiss. "I'll call you at the store later when I have time, baby," Ben called over his shoulder as he and Michael headed off in separate directions. I'll be waiting", Michael yelled back as Ben quickly rounded the corner with a parting wave of his hand. Michael watched from the stoop as Ben disappeared. He sighed and reached into his coat pocket to check that he had brought his gloves with him in his rush out of the door. Finding both of his pockets empty, Michael trudged back up to the apartment, grumbling under his breath. "Pittsburgh is too goddamn cold", Michael muttered irritably as he grabbed his gloves off of the kitchen table. He stopped suddenly when he noticed a large manila envelope balanced precariously on the back of the sofa.

"Oh no!" Michael's eyes widened as he picked up the bundle of essays that Ben had been stressing over all week. Ben had finally finished grading them late last night, and he had announced that all now all he had to do was record them into his grade book. Except that somehow Ben had forgotten to bring his grade book home last night. Ben had sighed about having to rush and do it in the morning in time to have them put on his student's mid-term reports.

Michael's face fell. He suddenly remembered that this morning Ben had yelled at him about messing with his papers and put them in his briefcase for him while he was over there? Michael had been about to when the phone rang and then Michael couldn't remember. Now, standing alone in their apartment, Michael's eyes filled with tears as he imagined how angry Ben would be. Michael thought of how enraged Ben had been with him over the surprise birthday party fiasco. He had been truly afraid of Ben that day until Ben had explained his fears about his HIV meds and apologized sincerely. Michael had accepted his apology--but ever since that day he been careful to never make Ben that angry with him again. Today, Michael had not been so careful.

~~~~~~~

Ben tensed his jaw, suppressing his anger so that he could think clearly. He knew that he had put the damn envelope in his briefcase this morning. He had had it in his hand--wait--no. Michael had been the one holding the envelope. Michael had been teasing a turned on but irritable Ben by tucking the papers under his shirt and daring him to come get them. Ben frowned. He remembered that he had asked Michael to please put those fucking papers into his briefcase- damn it, Michael could be so immature sometimes! Ben couldn't wait to get hold of him so he could--strangle him? NO!

Ben took a deep breath to regain control. He knew that he had truly lost his mind when he was sitting here thinking about actually physically hurting Michael, who he loved more than anything in life. Besides, it wasn't really Michael's fault. Ben knew that he should have checked his briefcase before leaving the apartment. When he had cursed at him this morning, Ben had turned away quickly to avoid the hurt expression in Michael's big brown eyes. He hated to be the cause of Michael's hurt feelings, so he had muttered a hurried apology.

Ben watched as the digits of his desk--top clock changed suddenly from 8:59 to 9:00. Ben called the comic book store but there was no answer. Where the hell was Michael? Ben had a ten o'clock department meeting this morning. There was no time for him to go back home for his papers right now, anyway. Still feeling guilty about raising his voice to Michael, Ben put his head down on his desk, took a deep breath, and willed his tense mind to calm itself down.

~~~~~~~

"Ben? Ben?" Ben looked up to see a nervous Michael standing over him, manila envelope in hand. I--I brought your papers. Ben felt terrible at the sight of Michael standing there waiting with the expression of a murderer about to be condemned to die. He couldn't believe he had his baby looking so worried over a stupid bundle of papers. "Michael, I'm sorry I yelled at you this morning." Within two long strides across his office, Ben had knocked the envelope out of Michael's hand and onto the floor so that he could hold Michael close.

"You're not mad at me?" Michael was relieved. Ben did seem to be much calmer, more like the cool-as-a-cucumber Ben that he could never be afraid of. "No. I'm not mad at you, baby." Ben closed the door of his office and pulled Michael down onto his lap as he sat back down at his desk. Ben felt that it was time to tell Michael what was really bothering him.

"Michael, I'm sorry I've been such a jerk lately. I-I've just been worried about letting everyone here at work know that I can handle everything-ever since I collapsed in class, my students, other professors- everyone at work has been treating me like an invalid. I've tried to explain that I can handle things, but- I guess I've just been overcompensating- taking on extra work that no one man, no matter how healthy, could possibly handle alone. Michael shifted from looking up at Ben with rapt attention to throw his arms around his lover's thick neck, holding Ben tightly.

Ben kissed Michael's forehead softly. Michael's eyes filled with tears as Ben tilted his face upward for a reassuring kiss. You promised. Michael reproached Ben with eyes darkened with concern. "You said you wouldn't take on too much at work. Michael was a little angry now "You could have made yourself sick again! Just so you could be a big proud manly-man and never let anyone see you being weak! I never knew that about you-but I guess even you can let your pride control you!" Michael began to tremble. He stood up as he spoke, crying angry, frustrated tears.

Ben winced. "Baby, I'm so sorry--Come here." Ben got up to hold Michael close. "I'm not going to get sick over this, baby- I promise." Ben fought back tears, harshly reprimanding himself for putting Michael through all of this pain and fear. "Baby. Ben leaned down to kiss away Michael's bitter tears. Their mouths slowly sought each other. "Baby. Ben's words were swallowed up in the taste of Michael's salty tears. Ben couldn't express in words the remorse he felt just then. He kissed Michael long and tenderly, hoping that their loving embrace could convey all of the emotions he felt toward his lover.

"Ben," Michael moaned the low deep moan that Ben could never resist. Suddenly Ben desperately needed to make love to Michael. He needed Michael to moan louder, arch his back, and call out his name with abandon- to make him feel like a big strong in-control man again. When Michael's began to grind his hard-on against Ben's firm thigh, he knew he had to make love to him, right here and now in his office.

Ben pulled Michael with him as he locked the door of his office. Suddenly Ben's mood fell a little flat. "Shit!" Ben clapped his hand to his forehead. "What is it, Ben?" Michael asked, looking a little worried. "No condoms." Michael laughed. I have some in my coat pocket-my mom was handing them out at the diner the other day!" Michael laughed as he answered the funny questioning look in Ben's eyes.

Now that he knew they would be safe, Ben wasted no time in disrobing Michael. Michael started to pull Ben's shirt over his head, but Ben stopped him. "I need to taste you right now, Michael- you can return the favor another time. Michael shuddered at the sexy implications of Ben's statement. Ben kissed Michael deeply before allowing his lips and tongue to travel down his lover's trembling body. Ben tasted Michael's sweet-smelling, freshly scrubbed skin, savoring every lick, suck, and nibble. Ben teased Michael's hard nipples, pulling on each one with his teeth always threatening to bite down, yet always just gentle enough not to hurt his baby. By the time Ben was licking Michael's rigid cock from base to shaft, up and down, all over and around, Michael's throaty moans alone threatened to make him come in his pants.

Michael soon cried out as he exploded his salty load into Ben's hungry mouth. Ben quickly unzipped his pants to let loose his straining erection. Kissing Michael passionately, Ben swept all of his now unimportant papers off of his desk. He grabbed Michael's shoulders firmly, whirling him around so that his sweet round little ass was facing Ben. Michael sighed loudly as Ben stroked his back and gently bent him over the now cleared desk.

Ben sheathed his humming cock and positioned himself behind Michael, whose body quivered with anticipation as he braced himself against the desk with both hands. Suddenly Ben laughed. Sorry, baby...no lube" Ben felt extremely foolish. "Coat pocket," Michael breathed, pointing to the heap of his clothes on the floor. In record time, Ben had opened the little red packet and smeared his fingers with the fruity smelling lube. He entered Michael finger by finger until Michael had taken four. Michael thrust hi ships and ass back wildly as he tried to push Ben's fingers in deeper.

"More- Ben -please fuck me now," Michael moaned desperately. Ben lost no time in obeying Michael's plea. He moaned softly as the head of his thrumming dick breached Michael's warm, tight hole. Ben's hips reflexively pushed him in deeper to feel the warmth of Michael's snug little tunnel closing around him. Michael grunted softly and sighed Ben's name as he was entered. He held on to Ben's large, muscular forearms as Ben braced himself against the desk.

"Ben--Oh my God--don't stop--I love you, Ben", Michael matched Ben thrust for thrust, moaning his lover's name the whole time. "Michael--I--love--you--so--much," Ben punctuated each word with a deeper thrust.Ben felt Michael's body tense up and he pushed in as far as he could go, stroking Michael's prostate dead-on. Michael let out a long moan as his back arched with the force of his orgasm. Ben could no longer hold back, and he rode on the wave of Michael's orgasm until the room spun and his legs turned to jelly.

"I love you so much, Michael--I'm sorry. Ben regained his strength long enough to help Michael up so he could hold him close. "I love you too, Ben." Michael reached up for a long smoldering kiss. As they cleaned themselves up, Ben suddenly started to laugh. "What is it, Ben?" Michael asked, laying his head against Ben's shoulder as he stood circled in his lover's strong arms. "I was just thinking I'd be a lot less stressed at work if you came to visit me more often." Ben kissed Michael's forehead, holding him close. Michael giggled, glad that Ben had finally gotten his sense of humor back.

Michael suddenly turned serious. "Ben, I was--I was--afraid of you today." Michael's voice was barely above a whisper.

Ben's body tensed for a moment. Then he relaxed with a sigh. "Oh my God-I--" Ben held Michael at arms' length, searching his lover's face. He gently sat Michael down in his cushioned chair, pulling up the hard plastic one he used for student conferences for himself. "Baby, I never want you to be afraid of me. I promise that I will never hurt you like that--I will never yell at you or hit you, Michael. I know I've been snapping at you lately. I shouldn't have expected you to tiptoe around me all week. I promise I won't take on more than I can handle, okay?"

Michael nodded.

Because I don't want to take out my stress on you, baby. Michael's eyes filled with tears. He started to reach his arms out for Ben to hold him at the same moment the alarm signaled that his conference was beginning. Quickly reaching over to shut off the alarm, Ben pulled Michael close into his lap.

"What was that for, Ben?" Michael looked up as Ben rocked him gently.

Ben decided he had to finally get back on schedule today. "Nothing," Ben murmured, pulling Michael closer.


End of "Office Space" by Holly -- email

back to fiction index page