Valentine's Day

By Bertina


Michael woke to the sound of the phone ringing. He didn't want to pick it up. He didn't want to lose the wonderful dream of being fucked by his lovers at the same time.

"Yeah," he said dreamily to the phone once he picked it up.

"Michael? Did you forget? We were supposed to go over the next issue of Rage today."

"Oh...Justin, I'm sorry. Something came up." He couldn't hide the amusement in his voice.

Justin laughed. "Oh, all is forgiven then. If you could pry yourself away from Ben for just a moment..."

Brian chose that moment to throw a pillow. "Take that in the next room, Mikey!"

Michael snickered softly. "Just a sec, I have to take it in the living room."

Justin was trying to understand why Brian was in Ben's bed with Michael there. He really didn't want to know but it seemed incredible what his imagination was coming up with. He decided his imagination was getting the best of him and did his best to ignore it completely.

"Justin?"

"Hey. So, do you want to do it over there at Ben's or at Debbie's?"

Michael suddenly realized that it would be much more comfortable at his mom's than here since Brian apparently had decided to stay.

"My mom's," he quickly answered, hoping he wasn't giving away anything in his voice.

~~~~~~~

At Debbie's house

"Hey, Sunshine!" Debbie cried, voicing her usual ebullience at seeing her favorite adopted son. She opened her arms and gave them both a hug and a kiss before letting them go.

"Hi, hope you don't mind if we go over the next Rage issue in the living room..."

"Of course not, honey. I'm so glad you two work so well together. I'm sure Brian's loft wasn't the best place for you both to concentrate."

Justin nodded. "There were definite distractions..."

"How is Ethan, Justin?" Debbie asked, after they had settled down in the living room. Michael apologized with his eyes.

"He's doing fine. He'll have to tour in the spring. I haven't decided if I should just skip that semester and go with him." Justin decided it would be better to just get the small talk over with so they could concentrate on the next issue.

"Well, have you talked it over with Jennifer?"

Justin shook his head, suddenly worried that he'd stepped in a hornet's nest.

"Well, why not? I don't think she'd automatically say no, Justin."

Justin gave up and turned to look at Debbie. "All right, I'll do that first thing tomorrow, I promise."

Debbie smiled then said, "I'll leave you two alone...Vic and I'll go shopping."

"Thanks, Mom." Michael called over his shoulder as he looked down at a few sketches Justin had drawn.

They were so wrapped up in their work; they didn't even hear Vic and Debbie leave a few minutes later.

At one point, Justin noticed a mark on Michael's neck.

"Oh wow! That's in the same spot Brian used to mark me..."

Michael blushed furiously and put his hand over it.

"Can we get back to business, Justin? We should get this done by the end of next week."

"Sure, Michael..." Justin looked curiously at Michael for a moment, then they went back to work.

"Hey, this is similar to an issue of Captain Astro. Let me go upstairs and see if I can find it."

"OK..." Justin followed shortly after Michael walked up to his room.

Michael was going through several stacks of comics. Justin, bored, sat on the bed.

"Hey, Mikey, where'd this come from?"

Michael turned to Justin, his eyes widened when he saw Justin with his favorite issue of Captain Astro.

"Where'd you get that?"

"It was under the mattress," Justin said matter-of-factly but there was a definite gleam of mischief in his eyes.

"Do you mind? It's old..." Michael moved toward the bed, obviously upset that Justin had *the* issue.

"Yeah, there seems to be pages stuck together in places," Justin teased, moving toward the middle of the bed with the comic in his hand.

"Justin..." Michael whined.

"Yesss?" Justin drawled; a big grin on his face.

Michael hated when Justin acted so juvenile. He'd never had a sibling and, when Justin was like this, he was more thankful than ever.

"Please give it back..." he decided the best tactic was straightforwardness with a dash of politeness.

"Uh uh."

Michael gasped in frustration. "Do you have to be a pest? Come on, give it to me!"

Justin shook his head. Michael moaned. Justin snorted. "Save that for your boyfriend, Michael."

Michael, fed up, pounced.

"Watch out! You'll rip the pages, Michael!"

Justin lifted the pages above his head. Michael took the opportunity to tickle Justin who laughed but refused to let the comic go.

Michael had straddled Justin's legs, keeping his weight on his knees, when he gave up.

"All right, what do you want to know?

"Why this issue is so, uh, important to you."

Michael sighed. "Fine. I'll tell ya. But you better not tell anyone!"

"All right." Justin smiled broadly.

"Well, the kid--Terry--the one Captain Astro saves..."

"Yeah?"

"Well, he was going to commit suicide...but Captain Astro told him that he was needed and that it wouldn't be right to deprive the world of what he could accomplish." Michael swallowed, then whined, "Now will you give the comic to me?"

Justin, seeing tears in Michael's eyes, gave him the comic.

"Hey, I'm sorry, Michael, I never would've teased you with it..."

Michael got up from the bed and put the comic in a special box he kept on his dresser.

Justin rose from the bed and reached out to Michael, concerned he'd hurt him unintentionally.

"I promise I won't say a word."

Michael nodded. He turned to Justin then said, "Thank you."

Justin smiled. "I like it when you're this way, Michael. Much more appealing than the usual jealous spoiled brat."

"Jealous?! And who are you calling spoiled brat?"

Justin grinned; glad he could distract Michael from that emotional moment.

"You! You were your mother's only child, so you were a brat."

"Ha! Now who's sounding jealous?"

Justin shrugged.

"At least I don't like men who could pass for my father!"

"I do not! Where'd you get that idea?"

"Those sticky pages weren't from Kool Aid stains!"

Michael shook his head, sitting on the bed, wondering how in the world he and Justin ever got into these childish arguments.

"Captain Astro was my hero, so yeah, there was a bit of attraction there..."

Justin snorted. "A bit!"

"All right, he made me feel better about myself and every teenaged boy masturbates. So what?"

"Are you wearing your Captain Astro jockeys now?"

"And what if I am?"

"Let me see!"

"No!!"

Justin was the one to pounce this time and he was surprisingly strong for a twink.

"Will you get off!" gasped Michael.

One of Justin's teasing hands reached for Michael's button fly while Michael was having a hard time with pushing him off. Justin laughed aloud when his hand brushed a certain area just below the button-fly.

"I had no idea you felt that way about me, Michael!"

Justin laughed again while Michael struggled to get the giggling jerk off him when suddenly Justin swooped down and planted his lips right on top of Michael's. A vision appeared in Michael's head of Elmer Fudd singing "Kill the wabbit!!" after Bugs Bunny kissed him in "What's opera, Doc?"

They heard a cough then turned to see Ethan standing there, not looking very happy at all.

"I never knew this is what went into making comics. Maybe I should quit playing a violin and join you two in the comic business, then I can kiss my boyfriend."

"Ethan, look, this isn't what you think at all!" Michael said, exasperated.

Justin didn't like the look on Ethan's face and said, "Ethan, we were just goofing off. I used to tease my sister..."

"And you'd kiss her?"

"Yeah, sometimes."

Ethan was not relieved.

"I miss my sister sometimes, Ethan. I used to tease her all the time. I swear." Justin rose and went to Ethan and put his head on Ethan's shoulder.

Ethan sighed and wrapped his arms around Justin.

Michael was just glad Ethan hadn't stormed out. Ethan was far more mature than Michael had at first thought.

Just then Debbie appeared at the door.

"Hi, boys! What's with the sour pusses?"

Michael just shook his head. Debbie shrugged.

"Hey, loverboy, Brian's on the phone. He says he wants to know what you want for dinner. Ben is going to show him how to cook."

Michael rose from the bed gingerly and was about to leave when his mom teased him.

"What did Ben do to you last night, Michael; you rose like a pregnant woman there!"

Michael blushed furiously. "Mom! Do you mind?"

"What's Brian doing over there?" asked Justin. "He didn't spend the night, did he?" Michael glared at Justin. "As if it's any of your business, Justin! But yeah, Brian spent the night with Ben and me."

Debbie's eyes widened. "I didn't raise you to be that way, Michael Novotny!"

Michael winced. He hadn't meant to say anything, most especially in front of his mother.

"Let me go talk to Brian, Mom..." he wheedled.

She let him go and shook her head at Ethan and Justin. "I don't know what Michael is thinking! Having one guy is hard enough but two?!"

Justin didn't like the thought of Brian with Ben and Michael. He wasn't exactly sure why. It just didn't seem something that Michael would do. As for Ben, he just didn't know him well enough.

~~~~~~~

Michael answered the phone. "What's up?"

"Ben wondered if you're ready for dinner."

Michael didn't know what to make of a domesticated Brian playing house with his lover.

"Just about finished here. I'd love whatever you two concoct. Er, at least to an extent... wouldn't want to eat something I can't pronounce."

Brian laughed. Michael was weirded out.

"You're staying?" he asked tentatively.

"Yeah, want to kiss you goodnight."

Michael's heart beat faster. 'Why does he do this to me?' He wondered to himself. It just wasn't fair.

"Oh," he finally managed to get out.

Michael was uncertain how to react to this new Brian. The world didn't seem right without on-the-prowl Brian.

When he returned to his old bedroom, Debbie started in on him again.

"Do you think having two guys can work, Michael? I don't think so. You are going to have to choose between them!"

"Mom! Please! I don't know what to do, but you're not helping!"

"Don't talk to your mother like that, Michael!"

"You're the one to talk, Justin!"

"Don't take your personal problems out on Justin, Michael!" Ethan decided to put his two cents in, not liking how Michael was too familiar with Justin for his peace of mind.

"Fuck this! Anyone hungry?" cut in Debbie, deciding the best way to curb an argument is with food.

They all stared at Debbie, then laughed.

"We'd love to eat dinner here," said Justin, "if you give us a lift home."

"Absolutely!" replied Debbie.

"Mom, I gotta go home. Brian is probably causing a fire in Ben's kitchen."

"All right, honey, but you know we aren't finished with our conversation."

Michael rolled his eyes. "Yes, mom!" He turned to Justin. "See you tomorrow after work?"

Justin nodded. Then Michael ran off. He'd borrowed Ben's car and had picked Justin up from Ethan's.

~~~~~~~

At Ben's apartment

Michael entered the living room, thoroughly worried as to what he would find. He didn't expect to find Brian and Ben talking quietly on the couch.

"Uh, I'm back," he said quietly.

Brian and Ben turned to look at him and Michael suddenly felt like a bug under a magnifying glass. He only hoped they didn't try to set him on fire.

"Hey, Mikey, we were just discussing what to do for Valentine's Day."

Michael's eyes widened. "What?"

"Brian wants to take us to a ski resort in Canada, but I was thinking it would be better to stay here. That way you wouldn't have to close your store that day or have someone cover for you," Ben clarified.

"What?"

"Michael? It's a week from Friday."

Michael was about to say what again and realized he'd already said it twice.

"Valentine's?"

"Yeah, you know--flowers, candy, cupid with an arrow..."

"Flowers?"

"Michael, are you all right? You keep repeating what we say."

"I'm all right; it's the conversation that's not all right!"

"Don't you want to celebrate our love with a Valentine's celebration?"

Michael blushed; suddenly realizing he'd misinterpreted something.

"Us as in you and me?"

"Yes, who else?"

Brian sighed loudly. "He thought I wanted to join in all that romantic shit, Ben. Where he got that idea, I have no idea."

"Dinner ready?" Michael asked, desperately wanting to change the subject. Surprisingly the dinner was something pronounceable and he was able to eat it without indigestion.

Afterwards, Brian gave him a long, deep kiss and said, "I love you, Michael; I don't need to give you flowers to show how much I care. I'll leave that to Ben."

Brian grinned and left the shell-shocked Michael in the entranceway.

In bed, Ben snuggled close to Michael and kissed his lover's neck.

"What's been bothering you? Do you have a problem with Brian being with us?"

"Um, no, not at first. It's just that lately he's been kinda possessive. Haven't you seen that?"

"Well, from what I've seen, he's always been kinda possessive around you, Michael. He loves you."

Michael sighed. "Yes, he has but he's never been so --I don't know."

Ben squeezed Michael to him. "You've never had a sexual relationship with him before, so it just seems different. Do you really think its changed things between you and Brian?"

Michael shrugged. "Maybe I thought it would, that if we ever got together, he'd either get bored with me fast or he'd change so much that I wouldn't recognize him."

"I think he has felt the same thing," Ben suggested.

Those words made Michael stop and think. That seemed the most obvious thing. He smiled and said sleepily, "I love you, Benjamin Bruckner."

Michael craned his neck around to kiss his lover before falling asleep in Ben's large arms.

~~~~~~~

The next week brought things back to normal for Michael. Brian came by every day to kiss Michael before he left to eat lunch with Ben. On Wednesday, Ben brought lunch and they ate there at the store. Brian joined in when Ben invited him.

"So what are you two love birds planning for Valentine's Day?" asked Brian.

"Just a quiet evening alone. Romantic dinner, music, flowers, the usual," Ben provided.

"Wonderful. If you get bored, though, call me and I'll liven it up."

Ben smiled but Michael didn't.

"We just want some time to ourselves, Brian. Ben and I can keep ourselves 'livened up,' thank you."

"Whatever..." Brian answered with his usual glibness.

Ben looked at Michael with concern. Michael was certainly rather sensitive around Brian lately. The subdued selfish part of Ben was very happy with that, but he knew something was bothering Michael. He'd have a talk with his lover about it later. Ben wanted Valentine's Day to be perfect and knew that if they didn't talk about Brian soon, Brian would be like a dark cloud over the celebration of their love.

~~~~~~~

Ben entered his apartment later that night, knowing Michael would be waiting for him when he arrived. He brought a bottle of wine to hopefully loosen Michael up in hopes their talk wouldn't turn into an argument. When Michael was this sensitive, anything could set him off.

Ben was surprised to find Michael in Brian's arms necking on the sofa. Ben knew that Brian gave Michael a lift after work sometimes. Michael had sold his car to help pay for his store. Michael had said the car reminded him too much of his relationship with David anyway.

Ben wondered momentarily if Michael had started something with Brian deliberately to avoid discussing Brian with Ben. Then Brian pulled away and said softly against Michael's lips, "Gotta go, lover boy. Call me if you change your mind about a three-way."

That was almost a relief. Maybe Michael would finally tell him what was wrong. Ben was about to say goodnight to Brian but Brian's mouth found his and then he said, "Later, Prof."

When Brian left, Ben went to Michael and kissed him hello. Michael smiled up at him. God, he didn't even want to start this conversation. All he wanted to do was make-out with Michael, then pull him into the bedroom for some fun.

"That was nice to see you two getting along..." Ben began.

"Yeah, Brian told me he understood that he was getting a little too close for comfort lately and he promised to back off for awhile."

"That's wonderful. So you feel better about it all?"

Michael nodded with a smile. "He does still tell me he loves me, which I still don't know what to think about that. I think he may just be saying that because he wants to feel something. I think he is fighting his love for Justin and putting me in Justin's place."

Ben nodded. "He could be. Brian doesn't exactly tell me anything. Though mostly his actions speak louder than words."

Michael agreed. "So...are we finished talking about Brian? Can we fuck now?"

Ben laughed and pounced. In no time they were both nude and practically carrying each other into the bedroom.

~~~~~~~

Valentine's Day came finally and Ben was very happy that Brian had stopped even coming to see Michael during lunch, letting them have time together alone.

Ethan and Justin popped in, though, and asked, "Wanna go to the Couples Night at Woody's? The bottom gets to eat free." Justin said the last with a huge grin on his face.

Michael looked at Ben who shrugged. "Ok, sure, we were going to have an early night together but we can stop by."

"Have you asked Ted and Emmett?" asked Ben.

"Ted and Emmett are having a romantic dinner for two at that fancy French restaurant off Grant Street."

"That's a nice restaurant," interjected Ben.

"Ben and I won't be eating at Woody's, though. We're having a special dinner at home," Michael informed them.

"That's fine. It will be nice to not be the only couples we know there."

When Ethan and Justin left Ben said, "It's hard to say no to them, they're so cute."

Michael snorted. "Speak for yourself!"

Ben just laughed.

~~~~~~~

Ben picked Ethan and Justin up then they all headed to Woody's. They arrived and sat down; Ben and Michael ordered a beer each while Ethan and Justin ordered the Valentine special. A steak in the shape of a heart with a potato and salad on the side. They shared the plate, kissing and loving on each other as they took bites of their food.

Michael was a little miffed that he was sitting and watching those two make-out, but then Ben pulled Michael close to distract him with a kiss. After the younger couple had finished their dinner, Ben ordered them a bottle of wine and said, "Well, its time for Michael and I to head home."

Ethan and Justin thanked Ben profusely for the bottle of wine. Just then Brian wandered in. He saw them and made a beeline for Michael. He kissed him and said, "Love you, hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day, Mikey."

Then just as abruptly, Brian walked out.

"Ok, that was odd," said Justin.

"Well, we haven't seen much of each other lately..." Michael began.

"On that note, I think its time for us to leave," said Ben.

They all agreed then walked out, after paying.

~~~~~~~

Outside Ethan's apartment building...

Justin kissed Michael and thanked him for agreeing to come to Woody's.

"I'll see you tomorrow, OK?"

"Sure," agreed Michael, though he didn't know why.

Justin smiled widely at Ben and hugged him. "Thanks so much for the wine, Ben."

Ethan held out his hand to Ben who shook it. "You two have a wonderful Valentine's night."

"We will, Ethan. You as well."

As Michael and Ben turned to go, Michael whispered, "Can't wait to get home!"

~~~~~~~

When they entered the apartment, glad to be alone; they immediately fell on the couch and held each other.

"Hungry?" Ben asked after a good long silence of just holding and loving each other.

"Yeah, I'm hungry for you!" Michael smiled.

"Mm, me instead of learning how to make stuffed zucchini?"

"Let me think...damn right!"

"Hm, if you think we won't need the energy for later..."

"No, not at all. This is the weekend and we have plenty of time to recoup our energy."

"You've convinced me." Ben pressed even closer to Michael, seeking his lover's soft lips with his own.

Michael hummed, feeling Ben's large body mold against his. He loved the weight of his lover on him. It made him feel safe and wanted. Protected even. Their mouths pulled away to breathe then reattached quickly. Michael's hands ran up and down Ben's side and back, loving the feel of Ben's heavily muscled body. He never thought he'd attract a man as sexy as Ben. The most appealing though was his generosity, his kindness, his intelligence and most especially his sense of humor.

Ben was the only person he'd ever met that was near to perfection. More so than the jerk he met on the Internet. What a total loser in comparison to this living Adonis in his arms. When it came to Brian, there was no comparison. Brian was amazing, he meant a great deal to Michael, but the ease, the love, the affection he received and reciprocated from Ben every day would never be the same with Brian. It was mostly a one-way street with Brian and Michael was getting tired of it.

Michael pulled away and whispered, "I love you so much, Ben."

"I love you too, Michael." Ben nuzzled Michael's chin then moved down to one of Michael's ears. "Want me to show you how much?"

Michael's eyes widened. "You're going to show me...?"

Michael had been bugging Ben about tantric sex for a while now, especially after Ben told him he'd studied a little on it.

"It's going to be a much scaled down version of it, Michael. It really requires both partners to be practicing, but I think we'll both enjoy it."

Michael's eyes darkened with lust. He was certain it would be enjoyable.

"Now!"

Ben chuckled at Michael's impassioned enthusiasm. He rose and then Michael did as well. Michael grabbed his arm and began pulling him toward the bedroom.

"Slow down, boy toy wonder. The most important aspect about tantric is breathing. You can't regulate your breathing if you're in a race," Ben lectured softly, using calm tones, not wanting to upset his lover.

Michael sighed, trying to calm his enthusiasm. "OK. Just so excited."

Ben smiled at his lover just before they entered the bedroom.

Once they were in the bedroom, Michael waited impatiently; desperately wanting to just fuck and forget all this tantric business, but the possibility of being a part of something highly exotic and erotic was too enticing. He also wanted to show Ben that he was interested in Ben's philosophy and wanted to be a part of it. If he got a great orgasm out of it, then all the better.

Ben said, "First thing, let's take off our clothes. The less hindrances to the body, the better."

Michael liked it already. He had no problem whatsoever about getting nude in front of his lover, and certainly loved it when Ben showed off his amazing body.

"All right, now close your eyes," Ben instructed.

Michael, not really wanting to close his eyes from the sight of Ben walking around in the buff, his dick swinging as he walked, closed his eyes but then opened one back up.

Ben chuckled. "No cheating."

Michael sighed then closed his eyes.

"All right, the first thing that tantric requires is to be able to achieve a sense of peacefulness in mind, body and spirit. The fastest way to do that is to blank out one's mind and concentrate on breathing steadily. In out, in out."

He watched Michael. His lover was squeezing his eyes closed, trying to concentrate.

"Don't try too hard. You need to relax. If it's difficult to concentrate on your breathing, then think of one image and keep that image in your mind as you breathe normally."

Michael couldn't blank his mind if his life depended on it, so he thought of the one thing that he knew his mind would concentrate on-Ben. Ben's cock, more specifically, penetrating him. In out, in out. His mouth, his backside. The image was Ben's cock sliding in and out of him easily.

After a moment, Ben murmured, "Very good."

Ben waited until Michael was fully lying down and breathing normally with his eyes closed before he moved towards the bed and then asked softly,

"Are you thinking about that image?"

Michael smiled and said dreamily, "Oh yeah."

Ben bit back a snort, knowing the image Michael was probably thinking about was not what Buddhist masters envisioned their students to contemplate. Ben let Michael keep the dreamy smile on his face as his hands, without touching Michael, moved down from his lover's face to his toes. Michael's cock twitched and started lengthening without a touch.

Michael felt like he was floating with only the image of Ben penetrating him continuously over and over in his mind. It seemed Ben had raised his torso up at one point, but he wasn't sure. He felt like he was in a trance and his eyes remained closed. It was amazingly blissful. Then he heard Ben say,

"I'll prepare you. Move if you need to."

Michael felt Ben's fingers tease his skin then he felt Ben lift him a bit. He was suddenly aware that Ben was holding him. He was so blessed out that he wasn't even aware that he was sitting in Ben's lap until Ben shifted. He opened his eyes and realized that not only was he in Ben's lap but Ben's cock was firmly lodged inside him. He moaned. His mouth was against Ben's chest and he began to lathe the skin. This time he heard Ben moan and he tilted his hips, wanting to feel the cock inside him move.

It felt so good to just rock his hips back and forth as Ben held him. He wasn't sure how long they were like that, only that he seemed to bliss out again at some point. All he sensed was Ben's arms around him, his lover's cock inside him, and such a sense of peace and well-being. He didn't think he'd ever felt so connected to anyone before.

Michael vaguely remembered that today was supposed to be special and he tried to come up with the date. Then he tried to come up with the significance of that date. It slowly came to him. He smiled and opened his eyes, which he hadn't realized were closed, then he murmured, "I love you."

Ben sighed and replied, "I love you too."

Ben shifted, lowering Michael down to the bed, his cock still buried inside the smaller man. He wasn't certain how long they had stayed connected, but he desperately wanted to feel Michael coming as he moved atop his lover

Michael moaned when Ben started thrusting inside him. That's when he realized that Ben had lowered him to the mattress.

Ben's rhythm was very slow, wanting to remain connected with Michael for as long as possible.

Michael suddenly realized he was just lying still while Ben did all the work. That wasn't like him at all. He wrapped his legs tighter around his lover's body then pulled Ben down for a kiss. He groaned against Ben's mouth as Ben began to fuck him just a bit faster, his lover's cock sliding against his prostate. Their nipples rubbed together and it was like a lightening bolt straight to Michael's cock. He didn't think he'd ever been so sensitive before.

"Come for me, baby."

The sexy murmur was all it took and Michael arched his back and came, panting his release. There were sparks behind his tightly squeezed eyes; his body tingled from head to toe. It was as if he had a full body orgasm.

Ben continued to thrust atop Michael, not in a hurry to find release, but not wanting to leave his lover sore the next morning. When he came it was a gentle orgasm, but his body thrummed happily once he flopped atop his lover's boneless body.

Once Ben could move, he slowly pulled out of Michael then lay beside his still sleeping lover. He pulled Michael to him, kissed the dark head then whispered,

"Happy Valentine's Day, Michael."

~~~~~~~

Michael woke a little dazed for a moment, then he licked his lips and opened his eyes. He felt amazingly content. He smiled broadly, remembering the wonderful night with his lover. He turned to look at Ben, who was still sound asleep. Ben's mouth was open slightly, which was good because otherwise he would snore. Michael bent and kissed his beloved's mouth.

"Mm," hummed Ben, very happy to be wakened so sweetly by his lover.

When they pulled away to breathe, Ben asked with a slight smile to his lips, "So, I take it you enjoyed last night?"

"Enjoy is an understatement. I want to do that again…as much as possible."

"I think that can be arranged…" Ben was about to take Michael's mouth in another kiss when Michael's stomach growled.

They laughed.

"Maybe we should eat first."

"Good idea."

Michael grabbed a quick kiss before bouncing off the bed and zooming into the kitchen like a 12 year old running to grab his favorite cereal for breakfast.

Ben looked after his lover with delight. Michael was a continuing source of wonder for Ben. It seemed fate had brought them together and Ben was thanking the gods for his finding someone like Michael.

Ben rose shortly afterwards and went in search of his energetic lover.

~~~~~~~

Michael went over to his mother's house to see Justin once more before they launched the new edition of Rage. This time Justin brought the laptop Brian had bought him. They worked diligently until it was finished. Justin grinned widely, then kissed Michael soundly on the lips.

Michael's eyebrows shot up. "You better stop doing that or Ethan will get jealous."

Justin snorted. "Ethan's already jealous."

Michael shook his head. "You need to find you someone who won't get jealous of you if you're with another man."

Justin growled. "I was with someone who wasn't jealous of me. He just never showed me what I craved. All he had to do was say three little words. It didn't have to be the 'L' word either."

"Justin, I'm sorry if I was the reason you and Brian broke up..."

"You weren't, Michael. It didn't help but it showed me that Brian wasn't ready to admit that I was more to him than any other guy he picked up." Justin shrugged and talked about something else.

Michael could tell Justin still loved Brian deeply. It hurt to see that love denied or at least not returned. He bent and kissed Justin softly.

"What was that for?" asked Justin.

Michael shook his head. "Just because...I know what it's like not to have love returned."

Justin sighed. "When Brian is willing to show that he does more than want me to fuck, then I'll go back to him."

"Just like that? You'd dump Ethan like that?"

Justin didn't say anything and Michael shook his head. "Don't be like Brian. Don't hurt Ethan like that."

Justin just shrugged. Michael sighed. "I'm so glad I was never your boyfriend."

"Like you'd ever stand a chance with me." Justin snorted.

"You're not my type."

Justin laughed. "Yeah, you like the more mature type."

"Ben is my age."

"Yeah, but he acts ten times more mature than you."

Michael shook his head. "You need someone like Ben."

"Ben is hot, that's true."

Michael looked suspiciously at the dreamy look on Justin's face when he said that.

"You're talking about my boyfriend, Sunshine!"

Justin laughed. "Now who's jealous?"

Michael shook his head. "He's never jealous. He's always allowed me to -" Michael shut up, not wanting to reveal to Justin that Michael was allowed to be with others as long as they were together.

"What?" asked Justin. "Ben's allowing you to be with Brian? You said Brian had stayed with you and Ben."

Michael shrugged.

"Ben would let you invite someone else into your bed?"

Michael rolled his eyes. "I'm not about to tell you, nosey!"

Justin laughed then Michael pounced on him, tickling him until Justin said he had to pee. When Michael let him go, Justin tackled the older man and gasped when he felt Michael's jean-clad erection against his own. He laughed again.

"Would Ben let me join you in your bed, Michael?" Justin asked slyly, rubbing himself against Michael.

"Get off!"

"No!" Justin bent and kissed Michael softly, then more passionately.

"Justin, no--I can't do this to Ben," Michael finally managed to gasp out from between Justin's hot kisses.

"Then invite him too."

Michael looked up into Justin's passion-glazed eyes. "O-only if you can convince Ethan to join."

Justin's eyes widened. "Ethan too?"

"Yeah," Michael nodded. "Otherwise, I don't think Ben would want to at all."

Justin sat up on Michael's torso.

"You and Ben have done this before, haven't you? Invited another couple into your bed?"

Michael sighed and closed his eyes. "Yes, but no way am I telling you who!"

Justin grinned evilly and began to tickle Michael. The older man pretended the tickles didn't faze him but soon he began to laugh.

"Hey, you two, take it up to the bedroom!" Debbie called out, seeing them sprawled onto the living room floor.

Michael pushed Justin off him and he called out, "We're going, Mom!"

He reached a hand down to help Justin up. "Come on, Horvath is coming soon to take Mom out."

Justin grinned. "And you want to be gone when he gets here, huh?"

"You would want your mother to date?"

"Sure, why not? I think she'd bring home some hot men."

"Horvath is NOT hot."

"I heard that!" called Debbie from the kitchen.

"Let's go!" urged Michael to Justin who laughed but first picked up all his stuff from the living room.

~~~~~~~

Michael entered the apartment, worried what Ben would say when he told him about what Justin and he had discussed.

"How'd it go with Justin?" Ben asked.

"Uh, good. Um, something came up." Michael was uncertain how to tell Ben.

"Yeah?"

Michael nodded. "Hewantstoknowifitsall rightifweslepttogether."

"What?"

"Justin and I, well, he wants to know if it's all right if he joined us...in bed." Michael slowly said each word, trying his best to not burn his face off with his blush.

"Do you want that to happen?"

Michael hesitated, trying not to blush, but not being able to stop the flood. "Yes and no. I, uh, we did more than just finish the new Rage issue."

"I sort of gathered that. Did it go very far?"

"No! Absolutely not! I told him if he wanted to be with me, he had to be with you as well."

"What about Ethan?" Ben asked after a moment.

"I mentioned that you'd be more willing if Ethan were to join as well."

Ben grinned. "He asked you if we'd had someone recently like that, didn't he?"

Michael rolled his eyes. "Yes! How did you know that?"

"Justin is very bright and I think he has a definite interest in me."

"What? Has he said anything to you?"

"No, but I can tell when someone is interested in me."

"That little slut!" Michael exclaimed.

"Michael..."

"He just wants you! That's why he's been all over me lately. He thinks he can get to you through me!"

"Michael, he can only have me through you."

"I know! That's just so wrong!"

"Do you want to be with him?" Ben asked.

"I --I --I don't know. I think it's one of those Brian things."

"We've been with Brian more than once, though," Ben reminded Michael.

"That's only because he doesn't go away."

"Think he will, eventually?"

"Your guess is as good as mine."

"Do you want him to return, Michael?" Ben asked.

Michael paused then shook his head. "I don't think I could refuse him...but if it's ever a problem for you, it will definitely be a problem for me."

"No problem here, as long as you're happy."

Michael sighed. "God, I love you!"

They kissed thickly then Ben asked, "So, when do you want this thing with Justin and Ethan to happen?"

Michael blushed furiously at the change of topic. He shrugged. "Depends on how Ethan reacts to it. Justin was willing to just ignore Ethan completely. I knew you wouldn't."

"They're both adorable. I wouldn't mind either one with us, but I think being with them both, as we were with Ted and Emmett, is the definite thing to do."

"All right. I'll call Justin and ask him how things went with Ethan...I think letting them sort it out tonight should give them enough time. Right?"

"Right...so I get my Michael all to myself tonight?"

"Absolutely. I'm all yours!"

~~~~~~~

Justin didn't know how to bring this up to Ethan without having it backfire in his face. He was certain Ethan would be upset.

"Ethan, do you like Ben?"

Ethan looked at Justin curiously. "Yes, I do. He's a great guy. Michael's lucky to have him."

"Don't you think it's sad that he's positive?"

"Well, yeah, but it doesn't stop him from being attractive. Where are you going with this?"

Justin shrugged. "I just think if Ben weren't positive, he wouldn't be with Michael."

Ethan lifted his brows at that. "Why do you say that? You think Michael is too stupid to be with Ben? Or that Ben wouldn't be attracted to Michael if he weren't positive?"

"Well, I think Ben would be a great catch if he weren't positive. He could have anyone he wanted to if he set his mind to it."

"Uh, I think he did set his mind on Michael from what I heard…aren't you the one who told me that?"

Justin nodded. "If you could sleep with him, would you?"

Ethan shrugged. "Sure, but I'm not interested in Ben. I only have eyes for you, Justin." He reached over and began tickling Justin.

Justin giggled and moved away with a smile on his face.

Ethan was about to pick up his violin to practice but Justin stopped him. "What about Michael? Do you think he's hot?"

Ethan sighed. "What's all this interest in Ben and Michael? I don't like you spending so much time with Michael." Ethan frowned.

"We're working on another Rage edition, Ethan. We could be famous one day."

Ethan nodded. "Did you kiss Michael again?" he asked suddenly, trying to figure out where Justin was going with this conversation.

Justin nodded. Ethan sighed. "Are you saying all this because Michael made a pass at you? If you have a problem with it, I can talk to him."

Justin shook his head. "Actually, I wanted to be with him, Ethan, but he turned me down."

Ethan stopped. "You want me to forgive you for wanting to cheat on me?"

"No, Ethan, I want you to join us."

Ethan coughed. "You want me to join you and Michael in bed? You want to help Michael cheat on Ben?"

"No, Ben would be there as well."

Ethan cried out in frustration. "You mean all this dancing around was leading to a foursome?"

Justin nodded, smoothly ignoring Ethan's indignation, and answered, "Yeah…you interested?"

Ethan laughed. "My insatiable slut of a lover wants to be in a foursome, huh?"

"I don't want to do this if you aren't interested, Ethan..."

Ethan paused. If he had a choice, he'd rather Justin didn't want to, but he did have an interest in Ben. The man was gorgeous and was very much like many of the professors Ethan had looked up to and idolized. He wouldn't mind being with the older man and having Michael there as well would be an added bonus. This way everyone would be together and there wouldn't be a factor of cheating. Ethan was too much in love with Justin to deny that his lover had been free to see anyone he wanted before they became lovers. He didn't want to risk losing his lover by being too rigid. And he had one consolation, he knew for a fact Justin wasn't in love with Ben or Michael.

"I'm interested, Justin. How could I not be? They're very hot. And I think it would be fun."

"Are you certain?"

"Yes." Ethan moved closer to his lover and pulled him in his arms. "I love you."

Justin smiled and kissed Ethan. He would tell Michael about Ethan's decision tomorrow.

~~~~~~~

Brian knocked on Ben's door, he was anxious to join in their little love nest. He let them be together for Valentine's but this weekend he wanted to be with his Mikey.

When he heard the knock, Ben moved away from Michael's willing body on the couch and answered the door.

"Brian, what a nice surprise," Ben said, genuinely, though he hoped Brian only wanted to see if they were interested in going to Babylon.

"Mikey here?" Brian asked, walking into Ben's apartment as if he owned it.

"He's waiting for me on the couch..."

"Mmm, he looks good enough to eat, Ben. Mind if I nibble on him?"

Ben wondered if Brian was testing him. "Uh, we were hoping to have the night alone..."

Brian entered Ben's living room, looking at the suddenly self-conscious Michael and declared, "You had your chance last night. I want to join in the fun tonight."

"Brian, we were looking forward to one more night together--alone."

Brian shrugged. "All right. Later."

He left without saying another word or looking at either one of them.

Michael sighed. "Should I go after him?"

"I think he's probably making his way to Babylon. If he really wants to be with you, Michael, he should try to stake a claim instead of acting like it doesn't mean anything one way or the other."

Michael sighed. "I hate this... I want to go to him, but he makes it so easy not to."

"I think right now he would prefer you stay with me."

"Oh?" Michael grinned. "You could tell by the resigned look on his face?"

"Psychology was my undergraduate minor."

Michael snorted. "Ok, Mister Psychology man, what does this tell you?"

Michael grabbed Ben and pulled him down to kiss him thickly.

"It tells me that Boy Toy Wonder wants to get laid," Ben answered with a leer.

"I do! Your powers of perception are amazing!"

Ben kissed away anymore silly remarks and he slowly walked Michael back to the living room couch.


End of "Valentine's Day" by Bertie -- email

back to fiction index page