pirate

Thanks to Chad for the lovely pic!

Title: Pirate Fic
Author: Bertie
Date: 11/24/01
Pairing: M/Sk/K
Category: AU
Rating: NC-17
Archive: please do
Feedback: bermille@earthlink.net
Series/Sequel: yes
Disclaimers: These characters do not belong to me. I make some of this up as I go along though, so it's all relative;)
Notes: Takes place about 1700s England. Do not expect any of this to be even remotely historically accurate. Think along the lines of pulp romance fiction and then take it from there:) My beta should not have to put up with this AU crap but I can't help myself sometimes;) The Goddess Michele keeps my fic legible:)

 Chapter One

Lord Mulderton was traveling with his family to visit their relatives, the Spenders, near the port town of Dover. His only son, Fox, was very happy to visit Dover. There would be socials to attend, and although there would be many beautiful women at the socials, and his father had been anxious for him to marry these past few years, he had not been overly eager to do so. The younger Mulderton was very much involved in his studies and was not concerned with marriage at all. Lord Mulderton just shook his head. There wasn't much he could do about an heir who had interests other than his own. Higher learning was good only for the prestige but not for getting big ideas about leaving one's own country and traveling into barbarian places in order to see the lands one read about. He only hoped this visit would bring about a resolution in young Fox's life that would please all of them.

The youngest, Samantha, was still too young and was not expected to marry just yet. Lord Mulderton, though he had several young men in mind for her to marry as soon as she was old enough. She would not attend all the socials as her older brother, but she would be able to visit some of the cousins that she was particularly fond of. Her servant, Lily, and her mother would attend her. That would keep them out of Lord Mulderton's hair for a bit and allow him to ensure that his son meet the lady he wished for him to marry. He was certain his son would fall for Lady Dana. She was just the perfect young lady for him to marry. The fact that her family was rather wealthy was just a bonus. Lord Mulderton smiled to himself. His son would definitely marry this one if he had to drag his ungrateful son to the altar kicking and screaming.

They reached the Spender estate in good time, and soon were piling out of the carriage and being greeted by the senior Spender who seemed very happy to see them. What no one noticed was that his eyes were on Samantha, and lingering there more than was necessary. He wanted to wed her. It was a possible solution to his monetary problems. But he doubted that would be possible anytime soon. His diabolical plan that he'd been thinking about may have to come sooner than later. The girl was only 12 and had yet to reach marriageable age. His eyes roamed to the boy. That seemed to be his only prospect. He would meet with his men later tonight to discuss his plan.

*****

Fox rose the first day at his father's cousin's house and felt wonderful. He knew his father was going to find him a bride to be. Well, he didn't exactly look forward to it, but knew he would do his duty for his father. Maybe his future wife and himself would get along better than some of his nightmares. He had heard of loveless marriages and did not want that happening to him. Some of his childhood friends already were married, not all happily. He had heard some gruesome tales of bad marriages from one or two of his friends who had married, then were sorely disappointed later. Whomever his father wished for him, he would make an effort to befriend them. It was not in his nature to defy his father. If the time came for him to marry, he would do so, even if that meant someone he didn't know or care for.

He hurriedly cleaned himself then dressed, eager to have breakfast and then ride one of Spender's fine horses. The Spender estate was nearly as large as the Mulderton estate and he was eager to ride the length of it. Covering great distances using the long strides of a horse was one of the most enjoyable parts of Fox's day. Especially since it gave him some freedom away from his father's stern gaze.

Breakfast was over soon, and he quickly left the table, telling his father he would be out riding. It was good that his father encouraged this since the senior Mulderton preferred his son doing anything other than reading or studying and next to studying and learning new things, riding was his favorite activity. One of the stable boys pulled out the horse he loved to ride when he was here, eager to please this distinguished guest. He gave the boy an apple that he had brought from the breakfast table. The boy smiled at him.

"When I come back, I will take you with me, Danny." He promised the boy with a smile of his own. That seemed to excite the boy and he thanked Fox profusely. "I will be back soon. Finish your chores and I will be here before you know it."

The boy rushed off then, clutching his apple.

He soon had his horse galloping along the trail that led through a small wood on the Spender estate and the world dropped away. All he sensed was the air, the smell of the woods, his horse's sides along his legs and the feel of the wind rushing over him. It was so exhilarating he didn't notice that two men, also on horseback but well away from his line of sight, were observing him.

The two men were noting his looks and his carriage on the horse and then they moved away.

*****

When he returned, he went looking for Danny but couldn't find him. Instead, a man with dark hair and a leering look greeted him.

"May I help you, sir?" asked the man with a slight smug smile tugging his lips.

Fox had never seen this man before, but he was presentable enough.

"I am looking for the stable hand, Danny."

"He is busy with his chores. Maybe I can help you?" The man moved closer and Fox was uncomfortable being looked at so intently by the man.

"Unless you wish to go riding with me..."

"What a wonderful idea, Fox."

"You have the advantage of me, sirrah. What may I call you?"

"Alex, for now, sir."

They were about to head out on separate horses when a servant appeared telling Fox that he was to meet his Father in the study.

"Another time, Fox..." the man offered.

Fox nodded and repeated the same. When the servant and he were away from the stables, Fox asked him if he knew of the man Alex.

"I believe him to be the lord's new business partner, young sir."

Fox thanked him then rushed up to his father's study. "You wished to see me, sir?"

"Yes, Fox. I wanted you to know that at the social tonight the Sullivans from Hembrook will meet us. I particularly want you to meet Dana, their only daughter. The Sullivans are a fine family and I think you will be most honored to meet."

"Of course, father. I will be most honored to meet them."

"Very good, Fox. I know you will not disappoint me."

*****

There was an air of excitement for Fox and his sister Samantha as they all were loaded into the carriage later that day to go to the social. Once they arrived at the lovely estate of the very wealthy and generous Lord Montague, they could hardly contain the thrill of being with everyone they saw whenever they visited the Spender estate. Lord Montague himself, who soon had the senior Lord Mulderton pulled aside to talk with alone, greeted them. Fox was just as happy to be greeted by his sons with whom he got along well and soon he was able to join them, escaping his mother and his sister.

Fox was happy that his friends were doing well but the eldest boy, William, was a little worried about his impending marriage to Lady Sarah of Falls church. Fox had remembered the lady and thought her quite a match for the junior Lord Montague, although it was clear that William had eyes for Lady Sarah's younger sister. Fox wished it wasn't so hard for his friend, and he hoped it wouldn't be that way when he met his fiancee. It was good that he hadn't been to many social events, so he hadn't become attached to any particular young lady. He wasn't overly anxious about meeting his bride to be, even knowing his duty and how it would help for the Mulderton name to be associated with such a prestigious family. It had been hinted by some of the older young lords, that taking a mistress was not uncommon. But Fox would never think of such a thing as that. The very idea made him ill. 'Was it not a mortal sin to commit adultery?' he thought at the time, but did not speak that opinion out loud, as his friends seemed rather taken with the idea.

He looked over at the fiancee of his friend and couldn't understand why William was not proud to soon marry such a lady. She was well bred, was quite comely and had quite a throng of admirers. Did he find her too pretty? Fox wondered. He looked over at the younger sister, May Ellen. She was very much as her sister, but less shrouded by admirers as her sister. When she caught Fox looking at her, she winked and Fox was quite taken aback. No wonder he likes her, he thought, but she is not my type at all. Those thoughts made him think of his own future fiancee. He surely would prefer a Lady Sarah to a May Ellen. He just hoped Lady Dana was like Lady Sarah.

Later that evening, his father came to him, pulling him away from his friends.

"There is someone I would like you to meet, my boy. I think you will be pleasantly surprised."

He followed his father to another room where he met first the mother and father, and then there, in a corner, was a very petite young lady with beautiful auburn hair tied back neatly. For some reason, an image of her with that hair falling down her back instead of tied back came to him and he blushed furiously. He was not sure where such a thought came from. She smiled slightly at his blush and curtsied as he bowed when his father introduced her to him.

"Your father has told me so much about you, Fox. It is very noble of him to allow us to meet before we are to wed."

He nearly tripped, not believing how forward she was. She took his arm, seeing his discomfort and smiled up at him. She looked like a beautiful porcelain doll he had seen his sister play with. But she seemed amazingly sturdy and hardy.

"Excuse my forwardness. I was not raised in England, but in other parts of Europe and the Americas."

"Y-you have been to the Americas?" he asked, surprised and delighted.

Dana nodded. "Yes, your father told me of your interest in travel. I would love to travel abroad, since my family has done so extensively. He thought we would get along very well once you learned that about me."

Her accent was quite unusual, he could not place it though it seemed nice and formal.

"Your accent-"

She interrupted, "I have been told it's a strange combination of my mother's American accent and my father's English. But personally, I think I sound much more like my Jamaican nanny."

He was amazed. "You sound wonderful."

She smiled at him. "Your father is a very charismatic man. When I met him in Europe, he was quite amusing. I was sorry to hear he was married."

Fox stared in shock. "You met father in Europe?"

"Yes, two years ago, my family was visiting relatives in Europe when we met your father. I was quite taken with him. He was the one who suggested I meet you."

Fox didn't know what to think of that. He had known his father visited Europe on occasion for business. He had no idea his father was so adventurous. He smiled then, thinking his adventurous spirit came from his father after all.

"Father wishes more than meeting you, I fear..."

Dana giggled. "Yes, he was quite upset that I proposed to him that night we met."

"You proposed?" Fox was finding it hard to comprehend such liberties, especially from such a young lady.

"It was very amusing to see how your father reacted to the proposal. He was so flustered that he said 'I have a son' before he even turned me down."

Fox began to wonder why his father wished him married to such a forward woman but then realized his father was trying to show him that adventures could lead to uncertain results. "He offered me as an alternative..."

"Do not mistake your father, Fox. He was quite the gentleman. I was the one who mistook his advances. He was looking for a possible wife for you, and I thought he was looking for himself."

Mulder took that in, quite numb from such knowledge. Lady Dana was an unusual young lady and he had no way of dealing with her forward yet polite behavior.

He wasn't aware of Spender watching them all through the evening, the only time he became aware of Spender was when Dana, after sitting him down so they could talk more comfortably, reached over and kissed him. He flushed and pulled away, feeling totally embarrassed.

He was too shocked at the moment to take in the kiss, but then he was distracted by a glare from Spender. He didn't know what to do. He felt like it was his fault, so he stammered an apology to Dana.

Dana just laughed and was about to kiss him again, when he pulled away, blushing furiously.

"Lord Mulderton, I kissed you, not the other way around. There is no reason to apologize."

"I-I must have done something..."

She watched his eyes move toward the tall, older gentleman and she guffawed. "He has been watching us all night. Who is he?"

"He is my father's relative, Lord Spender. You have heard of him?"

She giggled. "Yes, I have. I don't mean to be unkind to a relation of yours, Lord Mulderton, but..."

He wondered what she meant when Lord Spender came up to introduce himself to Lady Dana.

"It is an honor and a privilege to meet you, my Lady. Your reputation for beauty is flawed, I think. You are far more lovely in person."

Lady Dana was not fooled by the charm that exuded from Lord Spender. His reputation had preceded him as well. She did curtsey to him gracefully and he took her hand and kissed it.

"You have been abroad for much of your life, Lady...do you not ever crave the peace of staying in your own land?"

Dana smiled graciously. "I do not have any claim to any particular land, Lord Spender. I am a free spirit. I go where my feet take me."

"Surely you plan to settle down and wed?"

"Well, I certainly do plan to wed. That is why I am here, am I not, Lord Mulderton?" She looked into the younger man's eyes, trying to show to the older man where her interests lay. The younger man was too taken with what they were saying and didn't reply, and Lord Spender ignored her hints.

"I would be most honored if you were to consider my suit, my lady."

Dana laughed. "Oh, forgive me, Lord Spender. I do not mean to disparage your suit, but I am most taken now with Lord Mulderton's suit."

Lord Spender glared daggers into the younger man. "You have asked her, Lord Mulderton?"

Dana interrupted again, "Oh, his father has proposed marriage a month ago in Europe. I was most intrigued and decided to come and see him for myself."

Lord Spender did not care for her 'free spirit' or her forward manner. But it wasn't her behavior he was interested in. He knew right then and there that he would have to begin the plan he had in mind for over a year now. It surely would not fail. It would have to be carried out sooner than he planned. Having the possibility of two caches of treasure was too much to risk losing. This way he would be killing two birds with one stone.

The social was winding down and he took his leave of them, deciding it was to begin right after he returned from the event.
 
 

Meanwhile, at the Spender estate in one of the unused servant quarters

"What is this stuff, Captain?"

"Food, Alex, you should eat it! Your beard will come in!"

Alex snickered. "Yeah, and I wonder why you keep yours sheared off?"

The older man smiled and grabbed his first mate and pulled him into his lap, rubbing his face against Alex's. "Better to feel you with, my boy."

Alex sighed in pleasure. "Yeah, that is an advantage, Captain."

"Now, eat...or I shall be forced to feed you myself," the young man's captain growled at him.

"Aye, aye, Captain." The younger man put his hand on the plate and began to eat the mutton, not exactly enthusiastically.

The older man's hands began to roam over his first mate's body, lifting up the loose fitting shirt to caress the warm skin beneath. Alex continued to eat, ignoring the hands pinching his skin. The big hands lifted him to pull down his breeches and prepare him using some oil found in the kitchen much earlier. The captain pushed his first mate against the table. Alex grabbed the edge of the table while his captain pulled his breeches down and slicked himself with the oil. In a bit, the only sounds in the room was Alex grunting as his captain took him forcefully against the table. He grasped his cock when he sensed his captain near and began to jerk in time to the thrusts until he groaned out and came on the plate in front of him. His captain thrust a few more times then came inside him.

The older man pulled out of his first mate then staggered to the bed, not even bothering to clean himself or pull up his breeches. His first mate pulled his breeches up, ate a bit more food that hadn't been contaminated then went over to the bed and snuggled against the big body. In no time they both were asleep, one of the big man's arms wrapped tightly around his first mate's body.
 
 

Chapter Two