True Slash by Werewindle

True Slash

Part 5 - Joxer the Fed

by Werewindle

 

Thank Ares we finally made it to Athens! There was surprisingly little trouble the last few days considering our less that great start.

Xena wants to head to the temple first before going to an inn. Good thing I got up early and washed in the spring this morning, really rude to show up at a Goddess's temple dirty and smelly.

And greatness we're here before lunch! Not many people know this, which is probably good because Dite wouldn't like a bunch of people showing up begging for her to cook, but she makes a wonderful fruit salad. My favorite is the pineapple, which is an odd name ‘cause it isn't a pine or an apple.

I know it's bad going into a temple and expecting stuff from a goddess, I mean that's not what the whole worshiping thing is about right? But, well, she got me addicted to it and after a week of an absent-minded Gabby cooking I've been practically dreaming of it.


"Goodie you all made it here early!"

"Um, Dite how did you know we were coming?"

"Goddess. Omniscient. Duh! Well come here, I made lunch. I know you mortals get funny if you're not fed regularly. Joxie I made your favorite."

"Thanks Dite you're the best!"

"Well if she is so omniscient how come she didn't fix our favorites?"

"Just because I'm omnificent doesn't mean I care. Sit down, eat the other judge will be here soon and you guys need to get cleaned up too. Especially you two."

"Judge?"

"Are you trying to say we stink?"

"Another Judge so who ever wins can't say it's because I like the other better. You /do/ stink, so after you eat you will bathe and put on fresh clothes. If you are staying in my temple you are not walking around all grotty."

"No problem Dite. A quick wash in a creek is nothing like a hot bath. But I don't have any clean clothes; these were my last ones. Sorry."

"Ah Joxie, no worries. I'll take care of it. I have to run an errand, Xena and Gabby have the first room on the right down the hall and Joxie is in the last on the left. Be back in a bit. Bye!" *flash*

"Quit grumbling Gabby, just think hot bath.


Gabby was very rude, at least Dite was in a good mood or she could of ended up as a small rodent for the day.

I wonder who the other judge is? Maybe another god, but I doubt many would volunteer. Apollo? He is the god of bards and poets. It could be a mortal, but whom would she pick? Do we know them? Hmmm…

We'll know soon enough.

I've never worn clothes quite like what Dite left me. Deep burgundy leather pants and vest with a full sleeved pale gray shirt. They fit just right too. Actually the pants are a bit tight but that's how Dite likes them anyway. Something about guys in the future wearing them so baggy that the crotch hangs almost to their knees. Which totally ruins the view.


"Hey guys you look nice." Well Xena did, she was wearing a dress of dark green that wrapped around and crossed over her chest and behind her neck leaving her arms and half her back uncovered. Gabby on the other hand was wearing a short-sleeved lilac dress that looked like it didn't quite fit right, crooked seams or something.

*Flash*

"Hi Dite"

"You going to tell us who the mysterious judge is?"

"Or where he is."

*Flash*

*stunned silence*

"Oh did I forget to mention." *giggle*


:Back: | :Next:

.:Back to the Den:.

 

To receive email for new and updated fiction:
Click here to join twin_swords
Click to join twin_swords