Go to notes and disclaimers


Victim of the Game
by CKing

Part VI


Mulder lifted his head from Alex's chest to study his ex-partner as if he'd never seen him before. Alex looked relaxed, far different than he had last night. His face was missing that taut tension that seemed to be always with him when he was awake. Last night it had been worse than usual. Alex's face had looked like a piece of porcelain about to crack from some fierce internal pressure. Something deep inside Mulder had responded to that, commiserated with it.

Alex's head lay sideways on the carpet, his short hair mussed and spiky, and his cheek shadowed by beard. Mulder's eyes trailed down from the narrow face to skim down his entire tapering length. Neither his prone position nor his somnolent state could hide the latent power of Alex's shoulders, his torso, or the muscular arms wrapped loosely around his lover. With a sigh, Mulder nestled closer to Alex, savoring the steady beat of the younger man's heart.

Yielding to temptation, Mulder craned his neck to kiss Alex's chin, then hesitated, not wanting to wake him. But it seemed the damage was already done. With a deep breath, Alex started to stretch, stopped, and his eyes opened part way. He looked down at Mulder from beneath a curtain of dark lashes.

Mulder propped his chin on Alex's chest and very slowly, a morning- after smile spread across his full lips. Alex took a deep breath, let it out in a long unsteady sigh, and then finally the smallest glimmer of a smile curled in the corners of his mouth.

"Hi," Unsure of Alex's mental state, and not wanting to break the calm, Mulder kept his voice a low, sultry whisper.

"Good morning," Alex's sleep roughened voice was even softer, forcing Mulder to strain to hear him.

"How did you sleep?" Mulder kept the tone quiet, undemanding.

Alex thought about it. "I woke up myself," His arms tightened reflexively around Mulder. "And I woke up with you. All things considered, I slept great. How about you?"

Mulder smiled in relief and pressed his face to the warm, smooth chest beneath him. "Never better." He began exploring Alex's chest with his mouth, biting gently at the thin skin over his collar bones, licking over sensitive nipples before moving on, savoring the smooth warmth of Alex's flesh in ever-descending increments.

The groan that came from deep in Alex's throat told of a delicious, sweet pain, one that Mulder echoed in kind.

He felt Alex carefully entwine his fingers in his hair, and raised his head as Alex gently tugged to urge his face up. Krycek looked at him warily, his eyes burning with longing, but Mulder also read distrust and faint fear in the green eyes as they searched his face. Remembering Alex's description of the dream Alexei used to trick him, Mulder realized the younger man's concern.

Mulder leaned in to kiss him, pressing his weight more firmly against him, trying to stress his own reality. The soft lips parted under his and his tongue slipped inside, probing, exploring, capturing, and taming Alex.

Alex tried to pull back, to break the overwhelming contact, but Mulder held fast to him. He inhaled Alex's rapid exhalation deep into his lungs as if he were taking his very life into himself. For a moment, Alex couldn't breath. A low moan flowed from his mouth to Mulder's. With a surge of force, Mulder breathed back into Alex's mouth, giving him his breath back, now mingled with his own unique scent. Greedily, Alex inhaled this rush of warm life, clinging to Mulder's lips.

Needing air, Mulder pulled back, gasping. He looked down into dazed green eyes and ran a thumb lightly over Alex's swollen lips. "This is real, Alex," he whispered directly into the soft mouth. "We are real, and we're going to beat this thing."

Alex stared up at him, his eyes heavy lidded and dark, his lips slightly parted to aid the labored working of his lungs. He shook his head slightly. "Mulder, I..."

"We'll beat this," Mulder growled. Slowly, he lowered his lips until his mouth-that incredible, sensual mouth-was just a hair's-breadth away from Alex's. "Do you believe me, Alex?" He brushed his fingertips over the side of Alex's jaw, and trailed them down the graceful column of neck to rest his hand on the nearly hairless chest.

Alex's eyes rose to Mulder's and were held by a tender concern that, quite against his wishes, began to melt his defenses. Mulder was the reality he had to believe. He felt safe and secure, far more than he knew the situation justified. Despite everything, despite the danger he knew was waiting inside him, he couldn't feel bad. The desperate anxiety, the sense of hopelessness, was gone.

Alex leaned up the scant distance that separated them and took Mulder's lush bottom lip between his teeth a moment. Releasing it, he brushed his lips over Mulder's in a soft caress. "I believe in you, Mulder." It came out more a breath than a whisper.

Alex looked up into the intense hazel eyes and felt something inside him loosen. "Thank you for helping me. I know..."

Mulder leaned down and kissed him again, but before it could go far they were interrupted by a loud rumble from the vicinity of Mulder's stomach. He rolled up on one elbow and grinned sheepishly as Alex broke into helpless, stress relieving, giggles.

"Hmm, as good as you feel, we need to get up," Mulder laughed. "I'm starving."

"How can you be hungry again so soon?" Alex fought to get the undignified giggles under control.

"Soon? I haven't eaten since early last evening."

"You're forgetting that little midnight snack. You might have warned me you were a cannibal, Mulder."

Mulder looked down at Alex's pale, smooth skin. He didn't remember biting Alex so hard last night, but he couldn't deny the evidence. He ran a gentle fingertip over the livid mark on Alex's shoulder.

"What are you complaining about? I didn't even break the skin," Mulder smiled slowly, and dangerously. "Of course, if you'd like, I'd be more than happy to kiss it and make it better."

Alex turned his head to one side as if he were giving Mulder's offer serious consideration. "Well...okay."

Mulder pressed a lingering kiss to the mark on Alex's shoulder. Grinning at Alex's soft sigh, Mulder brushed gentle kisses over the smaller marks he had left on Alex's neck and chest. "Better?"

"Oh, yeah, but..." Alex stretched his head back, arching his neck for easier viewing. He indicated the base of his throat. "I think you missed a sore spot right here."

"Poor baby." Mulder pressed a kiss to the hollow of his throat.

"And here." Alex touched his mouth.

Mulder gave him a skeptical sideways look. "Didn't I see this on Raider's of the Lost Ark?"

Alex's grin was pure Krycek. "Whatever works."

Mulder kissed him again, then sat up and away from him. "Okay, Indy. Enough's enough. Breakfast."

Alex gave a long suffering sigh, closed his eyes, and stretched like a cat. With the arching of his body he rose to a sitting position, eyes still closed, head thrown back. He was the image of feline contentment, with a half-smile of pleasure on his moist, parted lips.

For a moment, Mulder thought he might have imagined last night. There was no sign of the pain that had seemed to consume Krycek before. If he hadn't watched Alex's eyes carefully since the younger man woke, he'd worry that he was dealing with the alien. But Krycek's eyes had been clear. He'd seen none of the tell—tale cloudiness that betrayed the alien when he took control, and Alexei never seemed to move as elegantly as Alex, his movements were always just a bit more awkward. This was Alex. One of the young man's strengths had always been his ability to deal with anything life threw him, apparently he was able to cope again. Either that, or he was an even better actor than Mulder thought.

Alex turned and looked at him, his green eyes bright again. He leaned toward the agent, a devastatingly sexy smile on his face. Heat washed through the older man. He was sure Alex was going to kiss him, and he unconsciously wet his lips with the tip of his tongue. But Alex touched the tip of his nose to Mulder's instead, his smile now pure mischief.

"Want to flip a coin for who gets a shower first and who starts breakfast Mulder?"

The rogue agent laughed and rolled to get away from the slap Mulder aimed at his arm. Mulder growled and stood, pulling the blanket up and wrapping it around him like a toga.

"You go first," Mulder growled, "You need a shower more than I do."

Alex started to open his mouth to argue, then stopped. He grinned. "Hey, good idea, Mulder. We should start right away and see how we can kill this parasite of mine. Your cooking is a good place to start checking possible poisons."

He barely dodged the shoe that Mulder snatched up from the floor and threw at him with remarkable accuracy. Laughing, Alex made a quick retreat upstairs, ignoring Mulder's grumbles.

The water felt like heaven, warm and soft and soothing. He closed his eyes and leaned back, relaxing for the first time in what seemed like weeks. Alex still had trouble believing that Mulder was helping him so easily, still harder to think that Mulder might have forgiven past sins, might even care for him. Alex started to smile at the thought that with Mulder helping him, he had a good chance of getting out of this alive.

His contentment was shattered by a blinding pain shooting through the base of his skull. He staggered at the sudden pain, his hands automatically going to his head as he slumped back against the tile wall. He sucked air in sharply through clenched teeth.

"Alexei! You little shit! What the hell are you doing?"

Nothing.

He couldn't even sense the alien's presence. He hadn't realized before how he could always feel the alien in the back of his mind before, even when they weren't "talking". It was like knowing there was someone else in the house with you, even if separated by several rooms. Even when he couldn't hear him or see him, he always knew the other was there. It was... almost comfortable. The loss of Alexei's presence felt a little...

Shit, no! I am not lonely. I will not miss you. Damned parasite! You think if you pretend to be gone I'll forget and let you stay and grow inside me? Won't work, you ball of snot. This is my body, and you are going to leave, one way or the other.

Nothing.

The pain began easing, settling to nothing more than a vague ache in the back of his neck. Alex straightened and turned off the slowly cooling water.

What the hell was that? Were you trying to punish me? Don't like me thinking about getting rid of you, is that it? Gotta tell ya, if anything, this makes it more urgent that you leave.

Drying off, he continued trying to sense the alien he knew was centered in just the spot that had hurt.

Nothing.

Are you sick? Maybe dying? God, I couldn't be so lucky.

Alex snorted in disgust at the thought that the idea vaguely bothered him. Turning on the elaborate brass faucets at the marble sink, he gazed at his reflection in the mirror.

Huh. To look at me you would think I was totally normal, perfectly healthy. No clue to what lurks inside me. This alien shit is going to kill me... and I've never looked healthier.

He shaved quickly, dabbed quickly at the red drop of blood he drew as he nicked himself, and padded downstairs to where Mulder waited.

Alex went down the carpeted stairs silently, smiling at the delicious smells coming from the kitchen. There were melon slices arranged on a plate on the dining table and he snagged a slice as he passed. He followed the siren call of coffee toward the kitchen.

As Alex stepped up to the breakfast counter Mulder's back was to him. Sitting on a stool beside the counter, Alex tried to keep a straight face.

He failed miserably as he took in the scene.

The kitchen looked like a pack of brownies had been earning their cooking badges in there. Mulder had put last night's clothes back on and donned a bright red apron, for all the good it appeared to have done him. The sink was heaped high with dishes, a pool of batter was dripping off a counter to the floor, and flour dusted nearly every surface, including a good portion of Mulder.

To Alex's immense surprise, Mulder was whistling softly as he worked. There was a lightheartedness to the sound that reminded him of finding violets for his mother as a child in the spring, and of squishing mud between his toes.

Mulder turned from the counter holding a large bowl with batter dripping slightly from the edges in the crook of one arm and a large spoon in the other hand. Mulder brandished his spoon triumphantly as he saw Alex sitting at the counter. "I found a waffle iron and some mix."

Alex looked dubious. "Do you need some help, Mulder?"

Mulder gave him an exasperated look. "I'm doing fine." He began stirring the mix in the bowl vigorously, almost slopping batter on the floor.

Alex grinned. "Well, I know how you don't cook. So, for totally selfish reasons I'm offering my humble services. It occurred to me that the 'Mulder's cooking' poison might be a case of the cure being worse than the disease."

Mulder snorted in annoyance. "Just the chance you'll have to take, Krycek. Don't want me to think you're a coward now, do you?"

Alex shrugged and finished the slice of melon in his hand. "I can handle anything you can, Mulder."

He walked around the counter to pour a cup of coffee as Mulder began pouring the batter into the warm waffle iron.

Alex took a sip of his coffee and grimaced. "Ugh. Christ, Mulder, that's the worst coffee I've ever had." He took another sip. "Nope. It's not going to grow on me. You realize it's my duty as a former government agent to file a report with the EPA over this."

Mulder reached over and took the cup from Alex with a frown. He took a sip and his face immediately twisted in disgust. He turned without a word and dumped the mug then the pot of coffee into the sink. "Let me try this again."

"I'm not sure my stomach can handle another attempt."

Alex fought to keep from grinning at the dark look Mulder gave him. He let the grin spread over his face as he heard Mulder mumble no doubt uncomplimentary, probably very imaginative comments as he turned toward a stainless steel machine on the far counter.

Alex admired Mulder's figure from behind, paying particular attention to the tight swimmer's butt. Mulder added milk to an elaborate Cappuccino machine and flipped a switch. The milk that was supposed to froth, spewed instead, leaving a fine splattering of milk from the ceiling to the floor, mixing with the waffle batter.

Mulder turned toward Alex, milk dripping from his face and coating his eye lashes. Alex lost it. He could no more hold in his laughter than he could fly. A wry grin spread over Mulder's face as he felt along the counter for a towel. "I think," he got out past his own chuckle, "I think that you'd better make the coffee, Alex."

Alex covered the space between them quickly and grabbed Mulder's hands before he could raise the towel to his face. "Let me." Mulder was frozen in surprise, heat stealing through his groin at the softly husked command suddenly only inches from his ear.

The heat in his groin only got worse as he felt Alex begin to clean the milk from his face. Small kitten licks over his eyes and lashes that changed to slow purposeful swipes of his tongue over his cheeks, and down his jaw. Grooming him like a mother cat. Alex cleaned Mulder's face thoroughly before moving down to his neck to alternately lick and kiss the sensitive skin. Mulder sighed and kept his eyes closed, leaning into the sensuous caresses.

"Shit!!"

Mulder's eyes jerked open as Alex pulled back from him suddenly. He realized he smelled burnt waffles at the same moment his vision registered the smoke coming from the waffle iron. Alex jerked the appliance's plug from the wall.

"Damn it!" Mulder swore softly.

Alex swooped up Mulder's dropped towel to use as a pot holder as he carried the stinking appliance toward the back door. Mulder looked at the huge bowel of batter regretfully as Alex got the door open and put the waffle iron and its burnt contents outside.

"I was hungry for waffles, too." Mulder sighed.

Alex left the door slightly open to air the kitchen out. "I don't think that's on the menu for this morning, Mulder."

Mulder looked at him sharply. "Don't even start, Alex. I was doing fine till you distracted me."

Alex tried, with little success, to look chagrined. "Sorry, Mulder." He looked around the kitchen. "Have any other ideas?"

Mulder nodded. "Omelets." He opened the refrigerator and pulled out an armful of vegetables. "You get started on these and I'll get the eggs ready."

Alex laid the vegetables on the counter and began searching for a cutting board as Mulder got out a skillet and another large bowl for the eggs. Mulder found another apron, this one a dark green, and handed it to Alex without a word. Alex looked doubtful for only a second before grinning and slipping it over his clothes. The two men worked side by side silently and efficiently, as if they had been in the kitchen together for weeks rather than just today.

Alex finished cleaning the vegetables and began cutting them up, the sound causing Mulder to turn and watch him a moment. There was something appealingly offbeat about the sight of Alex Krycek in an apron and it was only enhanced by the bright slice of deadly steel the man was wielding. The thunk, chunk of the blade against the wooden board gained speed until it was almost constant, the blade becoming a blur.

Mulder leaned back against the side of the counter and settled to watch. Alex was a whirlwind of energy as he chopped, slid the food into a bowl, and added the appropriate seasonings without breaking rhythm as Mulder got the eggs ready in the skillet.

Thirty minutes later, the kitchen was filled with the aroma of cooking eggs, onions, mushrooms, green peppers, and a fresh pot of coffee. The two men sat back from the dining room table, full and content.

Their relaxation was interrupted when Mulder's cell phone chirped at them from the counter top where Mulder had laid it. The two men exchanged looks before Mulder picked it up.

"Mulder."

"Mulder, this is Jaak Danko. Could I talk to Alex, please?"

Alex raised his eyebrows in question, but took the offered phone without concern. "Yeah?"

Mulder watched Krycek's face carefully, relaxing when he saw no sudden tension or concern on his narrow face. He began cleaning away the dishes, listening to Krycek's short, essentially uninformative comments into the phone. He had carried all the dishes into the kitchen when Alex walked in and laid the phone back down on the counter.

"What's up, Alex?"

Alex grimaced slightly. "I hope you brought a suit with you, Mulder."

Mulder frowned. "As a matter of fact, I did. Why?"

Alex leaned back against the wall, the corner of his mouth quirking slightly. "Bailey wants to meet us tonight. She has information for me, but she wants us to go to her hotel room in Philadelphia. She swears that it's safe, but wants us to wear suits."

Mulder's frown deepened. "What do you think she's up to?"

Alex shrugged. "I trust her, she's never done me wrong."

"And the suits?"

"With Bailey it's hard to guess, but I imagine we are going to have a night out, whether we want one or not."

"And you trust this woman?" Mulder tried to keep his tone even, refusing to let his paranoia or jealousy show.

Alex looked down at the floor for a moment, considering. He nodded. "Yeah, she won't steer us wrong, Mulder."

"What time do we meet her?"

Alex looked back up at his face. "Eight tonight."

Mulder chewed the corner of his bottom lip a moment. "And until then?"

Alex sighed and straightened from the wall. "First we clean up the mess you made of the kitchen, then you get a shower while I use your lap top to access my sources, then you see what you can find out." He glided forward and put his arms around Mulder, kissing him gently. "The sooner we can get rid of this alien parasite, the sooner we can explore..." he kissed Mulder again, "other avenues of investigation."

xx

Mulder bit back a growl of anger and pushed back from the computer. He ripped the glasses from his face and sat them on the table before running both hands over his face. "Damn it."

"What are you swearing for?" The soft, husky voice came from the vicinity of the fireplace.

Mulder looked up and growled. "For the fun of it."

"Whatever turns you on." He could almost hear the negligent shrug with the words.

Mulder let out a long sigh of frustration as he glared at the offending 'Access Denied' message on his monitor. "They've got everything locked up tight. We're going to need divine guidance to find them."

Soft snort from across the room. "If a burning bush speaks to me anytime soon I'll let you know what it says."

"Krycek, if a burning bush did talk to you you'd probably just piss on it and put it out."

"Hey, you can't let shrubbery get away with giving you lip, Mulder."

Mulder grimaced and he turned to look at Krycek. The rogue agent was leaning loosely against the fireplace mantel sipping a mug of hot tea, steam rising up and blurring his features like a filter on a camera. Mulder shook his head slightly at the tiny smile almost hidden behind the mug.

Krycek hadn't been much help since they got up this morning. He was restless, unable to settle for more than a couple of minutes at a time. Even when he tried to use the computer he would get frustrated at his lack of progress and have to push back from the table, swearing fiercely in Russian, English, and a couple of languages Mulder wasn't sure of.

He prowled the cabin like a tiger in a cage, full of kinetic energy. He wasn't noisy, but Mulder was acutely aware of him, kept having to look up and watch him. Alex paced around the room, his movements fluid, his thin t-shirt doing nothing to hide the play of muscles moving intricately under smooth skin like a fine mechanism in perfect working order.

Mulder tried to work, but it wasn't easy. Every time he'd start to get involved in tracing a lead Alex would distract him. In his pacing, Krycek seemed to need to brush against Mulder periodically, which was bad enough, but then he'd shy away when Mulder would reach for him, too restless to hold still.

Occasionally Mulder would catch him with a look of pain on his face, holding a hand to the back of his head or neck. When Mulder would question him, Alex would just shake his head angrily and tell him it was nothing. After the third time, Mulder quit asking. He decided that Alex was every bit as annoying as Scully with his "I'm fine, leave me alone," attitude. Martyrs, why was Mulder surrounded by martyrs?

At times Alex would get very quiet, would sit still, his expression blank, his eyes staring at nothing. Lost in his thoughts, or talking to Alexei? Mulder wondered as he carefully studied the silent Krycek. He knew that Alex could "talk" to the alien. Both Alex and Alexei had told him as much. What is that like? To have someone always in your head. To have no privacy, no secrets? Mulder shuddered. Horrible.

The idea of another mind, another soul, in there with him... the idea made Mulder's skin crawl. But at the same time, to not be alone... to have someone with you always, someone who truly understood you, accepted you...

Mulder shook his head sharply. If it accepted you, if you weren't constantly fighting for your sanity, for your freedom, for your survival. The alien was the most primal of threats. It slowly removed Alex's humanity, bit by bit, making him something other.

Would the alien gift him with intimacy, an ease of loneliness; or would it be the worst kind of violation, beyond anything mere humans could do to each other?

Mulder wrapped his arms around himself and shivered. He started as he realized that Alex was calling his name. From the tone it wasn't the first time.

"Huh?" He looked up to see Krycek kneeling in front of him, a concerned look on his face, his hands running slowly up and down Mulder's thighs.

"Mulder? You all right?"

Suddenly it seemed too much. Mulder didn't want to think about it. He didn't want to think about aliens, or conspiracies, or about deadly assassins with beautiful green eyes, and how much he wanted to remove the fear and tension in those eyes.

He had to get out. He needed space—away from Alex—and air that wasn't saturated with Alex's warm scent.

Mulder pushed his chair back from Krycek and stood, moving toward the sliding glass doors. "Why don't you see what you can find on the computer, Alex?"

Krycek looked up at him, his mouth open in surprise. "Where are you going?"

"Running. I haven't had a chance for days, and I'm feeling it." Mulder walked out onto the deck, shutting the door firmly behind him.

Standing on the wooden deck, he took in a deep breath, luxuriating in the clean country air. The air was refreshing, its mild coolness some relief on his fevered skin. The rustle of high grasses around him soothed. The soft lapping of the water against the dock lulled. A fresh breeze was sweeping in off the lake... not a rain cloud in sight. He scanned the sun-dappled trees on the far shore of the lake, spotting a trail running around the lake through the trees.

Wanting to be comfortable, he'd changed into sweats after his shower that morning. He spent a few minutes stretching and warming up, then he started an easy jog around the lake.

Soft breezes moved through the trees and through his hair. The sun slanted through the thick foliage. Within minutes he felt the first tingling sensation of his pores opening and as he settled into a steady stride he became more aware of his surroundings. The trees were beautiful in shades of crimson, orange and gold. With the coming of fall sunlight streaked through the foliage overhead, making some of the leaves seem to glow softly.

Mulder could hear squirrels and birds chattering and calling in the upper branches of the trees as he passed under them. A few falling leaves drifted past his face as a thick pile of leaves crunched under his feet. It was hard to accept, in this idyllic setting, that somewhere out there men were searching for Alex, men who wanted him dead, or in a lab wishing he were dead.

The crunching of leaves under pounding feet interrupted Mulder's reverie. He paused, cursing the fact that he'd left his gun back at the cabin. He moved back behind a tree, watching the direction the sounds came from. He tensed and stepped back onto the path as Alex came running through the trees toward him.

"What is it? Did something happen?" he asked as Alex stopped in front of him, leaning forward to rest his hands on his thighs as he caught his breath.

Alex shook his head and looked up at him. The gleam in his eyes did nothing for Mulder's peace of mind. "Nothing's wrong, I just decided you had a good idea. I needed to move, get out of that cabin. A run sounded perfect."

Mulder looked him over. Alex had changed into sweats, but his feet were covered with the familiar boots. Mulder's mouth quirked. "You thought it would be a good idea to run in your boots?"

Alex straightened and smiled at him. "I don't have any sneakers with me." He shrugged. "These boots are comfortable, and I'm wearing three pair of socks. When I was in the Army we ran miles every morning in combat boots. Sometimes we ran with packs or through wet sand or mud. It's no big thing, Mulder."

Mulder grunted. "Boot camp was a few years ago, Krycek. You going to tell me you kept up that regimen?"

Alex smirked. "Just run. Don't worry, I'll keep up."

Mulder studied him for a minute. "It's your feet." He turned and started down the path.

They ran in easy company for several minutes, Alex dropping behind to follow single file when the path narrowed, running beside him when they had room. Alex was right. He kept up with Mulder, showing no more strain than Mulder himself.

When they came across an opening in the trees forming a large clearing, Mulder kicked himself into high gear, tearing across the grass and scattered wild flowers in delight. A small stream cut through one corner of the clearing, and Mulder laughed as he saw a white tail doe startle from her drinking and disappear into the trees with a flash of white.

Mulder raced across the ground, knowing he had a silly grin on his face, and not caring. It felt good to be out, good to feel the sun warm on his skin, good to be running with Alex beside him. For a few minutes there was no conspiracy, no aliens, no danger of death, no one disapproving of his behavior...

As they got to the far edge of the clearing Mulder suddenly heard Alex cry out from slightly behind him. Mulder slid to a halt, spinning to see what had happened.

Alex sat on the ground, one leg bent, with both hands clutching his ankle. His face was tight with pain, and he curled his body down over his leg.

"Alex?" Mulder started back toward his lover, moving faster as Alex let out a faint whimper.

"How bad is it?" Mulder bent down over the younger man, trying to see past Krycek's curled body and clutching hands to see the injury.

"Alex?"

Krycek suddenly uncoiled like a cobra, wrapping his arms around Mulder and pulling him to the ground. Mulder felt his breath rush out of him as he hit the ground, then he automatically began to struggle with the weight holding him down. He fought for his life, fiercely, blindly, until his shoulders were grabbed and he was slammed to the ground again, striking his head.

Dazed, Mulder looked up into a brilliant blue sky full of soft white clouds, tree limbs arched over him, their leaves bright flashes of color. Then Alex was over him, looking down at him with dark eyes that were excited and feral. Their charged brightness promised intensity past reason to the man below him. They held lust and perhaps a touch of madness, and something else, something that eased the anger Mulder felt at the attack.

Mulder's first instinct had been that Krycek was attacking, that he had been a fool to trust him. That was quickly followed by the awareness that Alex was just playing. Alex was just excited, over-exuberant in his playfulness like a puppy. Mulder remembered Alex healing him before, and flushed in embarrassment. Alex wouldn't hurt him, not anymore.

Alex read the mixed emotions on Mulder's face. "You thought I was attacking you." His voice came so softly, Mulder could barely hear it. Low and smoky and laced with old bitterness.

"I thought we were past that," Alex whispered. The excitement in his narrow face was replaced with a deep sadness at the distrust he knew he had earned. "I would never hurt you, moi lyubimyj." He tenderly brushed dark hair away from Mulder's eyes and ran his fingers through the thick hair in an apologetic caress.

Mulder reached up and placed his palm gently against the side of Alex's face, a twinge of guilt running through him as Alex closed his eyes and leaned into the touch hungrily. "Alex," he whispered. "You just surprised me. I'm sorry. I do trust you. I know you won't hurt me." He leaned up and brushed a kiss over Alex's lips.

Alex opened his eyes and the ghost of a hopeful smile curved his mouth. "I think I'm denting your armor, Mulder."

"Of course not." Mulder gave him a slow smile. "Well, maybe just a little."

Mulder looked up into Alex's face and felt his breath come a little harder. The molten heat in the dark eyes over him stirred an answering warmth inside him and he found himself suddenly staring at Alex's mouth, beautifully carved mouth. Heat unfurled like a dozen ribbons in his belly.

Alex ran one hand along Mulder's jaw, then cupped the side of his face, studying him a moment before lowering his head to kiss him. Mulder closed his eyes. It was a tender kiss, a sweet kiss, undemanding, and the emotions it brought with it were so intense he wanted to cry.

Alex carefully worked his fingers under the tail of Mulder's shirt and pulled it off, flinging it aside in one fluid movement. Alex sat back and studied his lover. His eyes grew warm on Mulder's bare shoulders, down his chest, began to simmer over the taut stomach, then smoldered at the dark patch of hair that arrowed down from his navel past the waistband of soft sweat pants.

Mulder had levered himself up onto his elbows and was staring at Alex. Alex ran his gaze slowly up Mulder's body, and when he got up to his face he breath froze at the burning desire he saw in the intense hazel eyes. It was the last straw, and Alex lost his battle with control.

Pushing Mulder back down onto the ground, Alex followed him, closing his mouth on his hungrily. His hands began working at pulling Mulder's pants off. Mulder arched under him, urging him on. Alex couldn't get him stripped fast enough, not for either of them.

Alex grabbed the soft pants and peeled them down the long, swimmer's legs. The cotton boxers followed, Alex guided them carefully over the rigid cock that strained upwards.

Alex finally had Mulder where he belonged. Beneath him, naked and eager.

Alex kissed him, long and deep, before moving on. He slowly slid his hands down Mulder's body from his shoulders, skimming either side of his body to his thighs, as though defining all limits before moving inward to a more intimate exploration.

Alex's long fingers caressed Mulder's bare skin, first the hardened tips of his nipples, then down the taught stomach. His thumb dipped into the hollow of his navel and began stroking in and out in a gentle rhythm that quickly made Mulder lose his mind. He couldn't suppress a low groan of need. He arched instinctively, pressing his painful erection against Alex, seeking relief from the knot he'd tied him in, then let out a low anguished moan as Alex pulled back away from him.

"Shh," Alex murmured softly. "Just a minute, Fox, hang on." Alex ripped his own, and the rest of Mulder's, clothes off with more speed than grace, but Mulder didn't care, just as long as Alex got naked.

Alex lowered himself partially down onto Mulder. Mulder's back arched as Alex's mouth closed hotly over one of his achingly sensitive nipples, sending electrifying needles of sensation from its tip to pool as honeyed warmth in his groin. Alex's tongue tantalized the bud into marble hardness before drawing the dusky nipple into his mouth in a strong sucking motion. Mulder shuddered from the sheer pleasure streaking through him.

"Alex," Mulder's voice was a hoarse plea. "Alex, please, I need you."

Alex slid up his body, keeping full contact the entire length, and kissed him swiftly. He pulled back enough to look into Mulder's face and gave him a slow smile that acknowledged his passion, relished it, and promised more. Mulder could taste the need-his and Alex's both. He could feel it, wanted to give in to it, and obliterate everything else from his mind.

Alex reached into the back pocket of his discarded sweat pants and triumphantly produced a small packet of lubricant.

"I was a boy scout, Mulder."

Mulder snorted, deigning not to comment on the unlikelihood of this, then swallowed as Alex threw one leg over Mulder's, straddling him. He knelt above him for a minute, his eyes heavy lidded and smoky, his lips swollen and slightly parted. The smoldering green depths above him held all the knowing wickedness of a serpent. No, no boy scouts here.

Alex opened the package with sharp white teeth, never taking his eyes off Mulder's. He reached down blindly and wrapped his fist around Mulder's thick cock. He stroked the shaft firmly, a light shining in his eyes as Mulder thrust up helplessly when Alex smoothed on the lubricant.

Alex sat back on Mulder's thighs. Small laugh lines formed in the corners of his eyes as Mulder sucked in his bottom lip and began biting it in a bid for control. Alex took Mulder's hand and placed a small kiss on the palm before applying the rest of the lube to Mulder's fingers.

Alex shifted onto his hands and knees, curving over his supine lover in invitation. Gently, slowly, with excruciating care, Mulder eased one finger, then two into the smooth, snug passage, gliding past the restricting muscle.

"Oh, God," Mulder muttered thickly. "God, you're so tight, Alex." He moved his fingers inside the hot passage. Heat blushed just beneath his skin and pooled thick and liquid between his legs as Alex surged against his hand in pleasure.

Mulder pushed his fingers in deeper until he caressed the hard little gland hidden deep inside. Heat raced through Mulder's balls at Alex's throaty, feral moan of response as scalding pleasure blazed through him.

Alex finally had enough teasing and demanded the real thing. He pulled Mulder's hand away and immediately positioned himself over Mulder's throbbing cock. Mulder held his breath as Alex lowered himself slow and steady, allowing Mulder into his body.

Quivering with almost painful need, Alex sat astride him, his head thrown back with a blissful expression on his face. Mulder began breathing again, and ran his hands up the taut, hard body above him, seeking his most sensitive places, touching where Alex most wanted to be touched.

Bracing himself on arms less than steady, Alex leaned over Mulder lips and worshiped them with small, pleading kisses until his mouth opened in helpless invitation. "It feels good, Fox. So good," Alex whispered into Mulder's mouth. "This is what I've needed. You are what I need."

Mulder muttered a low unintelligible reply. "Good", seemed a paltry, inadequate description of what he was experiencing. The feel of Alex's tight, velvet heat was fantastic, far beyond the power of words to describe. Being locked deep within Alex's body, taking pleasure from his body while giving him pleasure with his own, was so natural, so right. Yes! This is what I need too, Alex.

Mulder's entire body responded as Alex closed his mouth over his, his tongue slipping inside to explore every curve lovingly. Silvery sensations flickered through Mulder from both his mouth and his cock to meet and swirl in a vortex of pleasure in his belly.

Above him now, Alex's body undulated with a slow and breathtaking grace, his face a study of devotion as he stared down at his lover. He carefully rocked back and forth, a peaceful swaying motion. Everything seemed so easy. Alex moved so gracefully, so easily, Mulder thought of dance rhythms.

His hands moved over Alex as he gently rocked on top of him, delighting in the firm muscles moving so fluidly under soft, smooth skin. The rhythm gradually got faster and faster. Alex's head was thrown back as he lost himself in the rhythm of their bodies, the universe consisted of nothing but them.

Holding himself on a wire-taut thread of control in a bid to savor the glorious sensations of Alex moving over him, Mulder could feel the graceful crescendo of pleasure start in his lover. He gritted his teeth as Alex arched back hard enough to snap and his body began spasming, contracting around Mulder as he pumped his semen onto Mulder's chest and belly. The sound from Alex's throat was a combination of pure joy and an animal sound of victory, defiance. And he was utterly beautiful.

As Alex's muscles relaxed Mulder quickly clamped his arms on him and lifted, ignoring his own body's protests as he pulled completely out of his lover. Alex gave a grunt of surprise as Mulder twisted and rolled him onto his back in the soft grass. A breath, and Mulder was sliding into him again in a smooth glide.

Alex's eyes opened and looked up at Mulder dazedly, the glorious green eyes shimmering with satisfaction and love. As his breathing slowed, Alex realized that Mulder was still inside him, as hard and full as ever. His brows lowered in a confused frown. "You haven't..."

Mulder smiled. "Come? I know. I was distracted watching you. That was something to behold." His grin grew smug. "Besides, that makes this next part that much more of a challenge."

"Challenge?"

"Uh-huh. Now I want to see if I can make it happen again."

Alex shook his head and laughed hoarsely. "No way... I'm spent."

"That's why we're resting now. Waiting for you to get your second wind."

Alex tightened himself around Mulder's cock and found, to his surprise, that he wasn't as drained as he'd thought. The feel of this man, Fox Mulder, deep inside him, sent reborn tingles through his veins. When Mulder slowly withdrew, then returned once more, Alex gasped in surprise at the pleasure that speared through him.

"Feel good?" Mulder's smugness was merited. His grin got wider at the soft moaning sound rising from deep within Alex's throat.

Then it was Mulder's turn to moan as Alex began using strong internal muscles to stroke and contract around Mulder's cock. Green eyes burned up at him as Alex began running his hands over Mulder's chest, stroking him, charting the tightening of his body.

Having had enough, Mulder grabbed Alex's buttocks, lifting them so that he could thrust more deeply inside, and his mouth clamped over Alex's with a harsh growl. Alex began writhing under him as he began moving steadily in and out of him with hard urgency. Alex matched him, rising and falling with him as he moved in a relentless, driving rhythm. Mulder's head dropped down to begin biting and sucking at the warm, sweaty skin beneath him, branding Alex, marking him as his.

This time they climbed together, gasping in turn, kissing wildly until they needed every breath to surge with the growing delirium. What had started out as a beautifully orchestrated dance had turned to need in its most primitive form. They found their height together, reveled in an eternity of pleasure, and came back down still together.

Finally collapsing, Mulder gasped for breath. "Aah, Alex..." It was a hoarse moan muffled against silky sable hair. "You can't believe how good..."

Alex's voice held a purr and faint amusement. "I think I can."

Very slowly, his legs heavy and languorous, Mulder slid to the side, draping himself half over Alex. He settled his head in the crook of Alex's shoulder, rubbing his cheek against the softer flesh beside his armpit. He kept one leg firmly between Alex's thighs and one arm lay across his waist possessively as they drifted asleep in the sun dappled shade at the edge of the clearing.

Mulder woke up to the sound of a Blue Jay shrieking nearby. Momentarily disoriented, he raised his head to look around. The delicate smell of flowers reached his nostrils as he took in his surroundings. The sun was starting to set, casting soft colors over trees, grass, and the little flower filled bower they had fallen into. They. Alex. Mulder looked down and smiled at the man next to him.

Alex was stretched out in all his naked splendor against the deep green of their outdoor bed. His eyes were closed, the lashes lay in beautiful sooty semicircular sweeps against his cheeks. Dozing, he looked flushed and satiated and content, just exactly like a man in the aftermath of passion, nothing like a man who was fighting for his life. He looked more relaxed than Mulder had seen him in a long time. For all the anxiety the young man showed he could have been lying on the smoothest sheets, the thickest mattress, at the best hotel in the country.

Sex was a great stress reliever. Mulder had discovered that for himself a long time ago.

It was also a great stress inducer, at least in this particular case. The longer he looked at Alex, the more stress he felt. Particularly in the region of his dick. As he looked Alex over he could feel himself stiffening.

Looking at the rapidly dimming light, Mulder knew they needed to get back to the cabin. After all, they had to meet Alex's friend Bailey tonight. Unfortunately, given a taste of what it craved, his damned cock was insatiable. Just the sight of Alex had its undivided attention.

The obvious answer was to not look at him. But he couldn't quite do that.

Naked, Alex was beautiful. One arm curved up and around to pillow his head. His armpit was exposed, white and vulnerable. The urge to crawl down and press his mouth to that enticing area was almost irresistible, but from somewhere Mulder found the strength to resist.

The soft evening light seemed to love Alex, for it didn't merely fall dispassionately upon him as it did upon the trees and Mulder; it caressed him, lovingly accented the milky bronze shade of his skin, added luster to the thick sable hair, and kissed the soft lips that were slightly open, relaxed in sleep. Mulder wanted to press his mouth there too, but again he managed to keep himself under control. No time. We don't have time for another round. Much as I want it.

With the best will in the world not to do so, Mulder mentally stroked that beautiful body with his gaze. Just looking at him had him so hard he had to grit his teeth to keep from doing anything about it. What made it worse was the knowledge that Alex was his for the taking. He could do anything he wanted with him. Alex had told him so.

The hell with it. Bailey will have to put up with us being a little late.

Just as Mulder made his decision he saw Alex's face tighten. Still asleep, Alex's face now looked strained, his mouth a thin, hard line. His breathing had sped up, and his muscles were tightening.

Mulder reached out carefully to wake him, recognizing a brewing nightmare when he saw it.

Alex suddenly sat upright, his face a mask of anguish. "No! Mom!"

Mulder reached over and laid his hand on Alex's shoulder. "Alex?"

Alex looked around at his surroundings wild-eyed for a moment. When his gaze fell on Mulder's concerned face he seemed to relax slightly. Then he leaned forward with a groan and buried his face in his hands.

"Alex?" Mulder could feel shudders running through the strong shoulders under his hand.

Alex ignored him. He was busy searching inside himself for his unwanted alien parasite. Alexei!! You shit! Show your sorry ass, you ball of snot!

Alex found himself standing in a small, dark room lit dimly by a light from far overhead. He saw movement in the shadows and a young man stepped partially into the pool of frosty light. Alexei had always appeared as a younger version of Alex, each time he showed himself he looked older, more mature. A sign of his continued growth inside Alex. This time he appeared as a seventeen year old version of Alexander Nicolai Krycek. He was tall, gangly, his hair too long, his eyes too wide in a pale, narrow face. Alexei wore a dark green turtle neck over blue jeans, his arms wrapped around himself as if he were cold. Yes, Alex?

Alex felt his mouth form into a snarl and fought his need to physically attack this doppleganger. He knew Alexei was nothing but a mental image, a figment of the imagination designed to make conversation between the alien and Alex easier. Alex didn't even know who created the image, the alien or himself. Didn't know, didn't really care. The manifestation of the creature threatening his existence caused a fierce anger inside him, a need to attack and destroy this younger Krycek.

What the hell are you up to? Why are you showing me these images of my family? Why... her? Why that moment? Alex fought to stop the anguish at the last, steeled himself back to anger to combat the deep guilt and sorrow at the loss of his mother.

Alexei dropped his head, seemed to shrink back slightly. I'm sorry. A mistake. I didn't mean for you to see those images. I was just accessing memories, trying to learn.

Learn what? What the hell are you doing sniffing around my family?

Alexei shifted uncomfortably and tried to change the subject. Alex? Umm... could you go a little easy with Mulder? I know you love him, and things are finally looking good, but... um, right now is not a good time. Having sex drains our body's resources and I don't think...

Who the hell asked you? Where do you get off? It's my body, and if I want to drain its resources until I'm too depleted to move, I damn well will! Got it?

Alexei nodded. Of course, Alex. But if you could just be a little cautious...

Fuck you. And you aren't getting out of this. Why the hell are you looking at my family?

I just want to know about family, the concept, the feelings it engenders.

What does that have to do with that memory. That has nothing to do with a normal family. Normal husbands don't give up there wives like that... he swallowed heavily. They don't send their wives off to be experimented on. You don't do that when you love someone.

Alexei stepped forward farther, his eyes sad and intent on Alex's. But he didn't want to send her away. That's the worst part, isn't it, Alex? He didn't want to send her, he wanted to give you to them. He never forgave you, did he? He never forgave that she couldn't let them have you. That she begged them to let her take your place.

Alex turned his head sharply away, he closed his eyes, taking deep breaths as he fought for control.

Alexei's voice was soft. I need to understand. I need to know why, why she did it, why your father let her. I need to know, Alex.

Alex looked back at the young alien, his eyes wary. Why do you need to know that?

Alexei's mouth tightened into a thin line as he debated. He sighed. I've been feeling this... need. This longing... I don't understand. I think... he took a deep breath and locked his eyes on Alex's. I think I need to find my own family Alex.

xx

Part Seven

cking828@aol.com

Rating: NC-17

cking828@aol.com
Spoilers: Takes place after Terma.
Summary: Krycek enlists Mulder's help in dealing with an alien.
Disclaimer: Mulder, Krycek, and Scully belong to Chris Carter and Company. I'm just borrowing them. I can't help it, Krycek fascinates me. The aliens all belong to Carter and I have no idea what his grand scheme is for them. Call it creative license on my part. Absolutely no money to be made from this. No harm is meant to Mr. Carter or anyone else.
I am an eclectic and ravenous reader. I read a little of everything, from Sci-fi to Tom Clancy, fantasy, to medical thrillers. I have not copied any one to my knowledge and any similarity to anyone else's work is absolutely accidental.
Katy Deery is the person who got me into Slash, and without her this story would never have been written. I don't have words for how wonderful she is, but she has exceeded herself. She has given me a section of her web page! You can now find the whole story at the bottom of the page at: http://www.night666.demon.co.uk/xfslash.htm While you're there, read the absolutely fantastic stuff Katy has written and tell her what a goddess she is. She refuses to believe me when I tell her.
I also have to give hugs and deep gratitude to my other beta. Shawna has put a LOT of work into beta'ing this thing for me. She has done her best to beat basic grammar and writing techniques into me. This story would be much, much poorer without her. Of course, she is also part of the reason it's taken me so long to get this chapter out. She won't let me get away with getting sloppy for the sake of convenience or speed. This thing was half again as long when I started. She makes me behave. (And you wouldn't believe the size of her whip. ::shudder::)

back to top



[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Krycek/Skinner] [Links] [Submissions] [Home]