One Way or Another
BY: Jess

***

"Alright then, own up. Who drank me rum?!"

Captain Jack Sparrow was pissed off. He'd just come back from checking the two sailors on watch were still sober (unusually successfully too, he might add) to find his rum bottle empty. And there could only be three possible culprits.

The three crewmembers seated around the table looked up at Jack, radiating innocence. Much more so than usual, in fact.

"Your rum, cap'n? What rum?"

Jack frowned. Gibbs was over-acting. Suspicious, certainly, but Gibbs had known Jack long enough to know not to drink his rum. Maybe he knew whodunnit, but he wasn't stupid enough to try anything himself.  Rule him out then.

"Take the wheel, Mr Gibbs," he growled.

"Aye, cap'n," Gibbs replied as he left, with a wink to the other two as he closed the door.

Jack returned his attention to the remaining two members of his crew sitting at the table. Unluckily for Jack, they were also the two people on the ship most willing to brave his wrath. He glowered, trying to frighten them into submission. Two dark pairs of eyes looked back at him without reacting, save a small smile playing on Anamaria's face. Spinning a chair round and leaning forward with his arms on the chair back, Jack joined them at the table.

"I'm warnin' you.." he muttered darkly, lowering his voice and looking intently at the two. "If I don't learn anything this way, I might have to resort to more.. persuasive.. methods." No response.

Finally, spreading his hands in a gesture of compliance and raising his eyebrows, Jack stood. With an exaggerated sigh, he surveyed them both with a glint in his eye. "Alrighty then."

Swaying around his chair, he approached the now slightly apprehensive-
looking young man seated to his right. Sitting down on his lap and straddling him, he wrapped his arms loosely around the other's neck, studying him for a moment before speaking.

"Mr Turner… I believe you drank me rum," he accused, before pressing his lips to Will's. His tongue delved into Will's open mouth, exploring and tasting every corner. Slowly, he drew back, a satisfied smirk on his face.

"Thought as much," he commented with a wink, and without taking his eyes off Will's added, "Anamaria, you may go." Only after the door had opened and closed behind her did he stand up, circling the chair to stand behind the stunned Will.   

"And now, Mr Turner," he murmured, slipping a hand into Will's shirt and bending so his breath ghosted over his ear, "You are going to learn what happens to people who nick me rum."


***

email author                              back to main page
Email Author                         Story Index