IMPOSSIBILITIES
BY: DarkDancer

***


It is not proper for a governor's daughter to fall in love with a pirate. Not that it was all that proper for a governor's daughter to fall in love with a blacksmith, but it was far better than a pirate. She couldn't figure out why she couldn't figure out why she felt this way. After all, he had threatened her life, he rather smelled, he was rude, coarse, and filthy. But he was also so...compelling. She wanted to melt right into his arms and...No, no! Stop thinking like that!

She daren't touch the rum. She knew what that would lead to. She had to get away from him quickly.

*****

Sometimes I wonder at myself. I mean first I make a go at a drunk girl I have no interest in and then when I get on a ship filled with pirate hunters I wonder why I feel like everyone is staring at me. Of course they're staring at me. I'm a pirate. They're pirate hunters. They're probably imagining what I'd look like with a rope around my neck. Rather unnerving. Hmmmm. I wonder how much I can unnerve that too pretty Commodore. It's only fair to do the same to him as he's doing to me after all. To top it all off I'm really worried about Will. Oh don't laugh, I'm a pirate, that doesn't mean I can't worry about someone I spent months alone on a ship with when's he's fallen into the hands of my worst enemy. I wouldn't wish Barbosa's tender mercies on anyone. Now, to convince the Commodore to go after them. I really want my ship back Damn these irons chafe.

***

Jack Sparrow was sex on two legs. That was painfully clear to Norrington. The smell of him, the way he moved, all this conspired to make him irresistible. And he knew it too. He knew it, he flaunted it. It was in his swagger, his smirk, the way he stood close to you, fully knowing what he was doing to you. Tempting you with his very presence. So easy to just lean forward, capture those luscious lips with your own. But that wouldn't be proper at all. Perverse sexual practices were strictly forbidden by the crow. No it wouldn't do at all to reveal his attraction to the man, even if he hadn't been a pirate. No, the only thing to do was to marry Elizabeth and hang Jack Sparrow. Yes, that's what he would do, his duty.

****

"Hmmmm Hmmmm Hmmmm, and really bad eggs. Drink up me ‘earties yo ho!"

Jack lounged in his cell. It was his own stupidity that got him here. Had to save the whelp. Shoulda just scampered off and let Barbosa and Norrington destroy each other. He sighed. He must be getting soft. Not that it mattered. Tomorrow he'd hang. Security on his cell was phenomenal, Norrington wasn't taking any chances this time. Stuffy bastard. As if on cue the Guards were relieved. Jack watched with uncurious eyes, having seen this happen often since his interment in the cell. Suddenly his eyes widened, "What are you doing here?"

***

Norrington sat at his desk, resolutely scribbling. Will came up behind him. Observing the older man. Slowly a smile crossed his face. "You as well I see." He commented.

Norrington looked up, startled, "Pardon?"

"You don't want Jack to hang."

"Mr. Sparrow is a pirate and the law states that all pirates are to be hung. It is my duty to see that this is done."

Will leaned forward, intent now that his suspicions were, in his mind, confirmed. "You don't want Jack hanged. You want him in your bed." It was a little risky, confronting bluntly like this, but Will had no time to waste. Jack's life was on the line.

"I beg your pardon." Norrington demanded indignantly.

Will didn't bandy words. He gripped Norrington's shoulders hard. "Once again we're both after the same person. I see no reason why we can't work together this time."

Norrington stared at the handsome face of Will Turner in surprise.

"You-you feel it as well?"

"Yes."

Norrington stared at him intently. Slowly a smile crossed his face. "Just what do you have in mind Turner?"

****

Jack gazed at then in shock. He'd never expected the two of them to visit him in his cell. One maybe, but both? "What are you doing here?"

"Something stupid naturally." Will responded with a smile.

"We're here to rescue you." Norrington replied more seriously.

Jack raised his eyebrows skeptically, "And why would you want to save little ole me?"

"We'll discuss that on the Black Pearl." Will said.

Norrington unlocked the cell. "Hurry." he ordered. Jack swaggered out.

***

email author                              back to main page
Email the                              Return to
   Author                                Story Index