Flashpoint

Season 2 | Season 3

I'm afraid I didn't get more than these two episodes reviewed before I had to delete them. *hangs head* I'm a very bad friend/reviewer.

Season 2

Eagle Two | Haunting the Barn

Eagle Two

We open on a smartly dressed man and woman exiting a hotel room followed by Ed.

Greg's in the command center with Sam and Jules and asks 'Is this on the itinerary?' We then cut to a scene of Ed, the smartly dressed man from a few seconds ago and another younger man standing in what appears to be the lobby of the hotel when there's an explosion. Ed goes into protective mode, guess he's playing bodyguard, and pulls the man to safety. We then see Jules looking worried while running through the kitchen. Someone blew up the stove. We then have Ed's protectee going through a door followed by Ed who's ready to kill anyone who so much as breathes in this guy's direction without permission. We now know that the man's wife, Catherine, is missing and Jules was supposed to be watching her (explains her worried look from earlier).

Greg orders a lockdown and Jules and Lewis knocking on doors. Then there's a scene of Wordy and Lewis hustling down a balcony. Mmmm. Men with guns. *drool* Then a montage of Jules and Lewis looking for, I'm guessing, Catherine in the laundry, then Catherine's husband telling Ed to 'just say yes to however much they want' and Ed has to tell him 'They don't want money'. When money guy asks 'what do they want?' we go back in time three hours.

In the war room, Greg's trying to sell his team on the assignment by telling them it'll have plenty of OT. We now know that Ed's protectee is named David Graham and he's a billionaire industrial titan turned billionaire human rights activist. Normally they wouldn't get this gig but some rocker showed up sans protection so the people who usually handle VIPs like Graham are unavailable so our guys have been asked to fill in. Greg flashes a picture of his newest pet, a cute dog but the camera pans the pic too fast for me to make out the breed. Sam is made Greg's second, I think that means he sits in the van with Greg and doesn't do anything. Spike, Lewis and Wordy are told they're on 'access' and Spike just has to make his Alpha clarify it as 'Exits and revolving doors'. Spike thinks this is 'awesome'. Jules is given primary on the wife 'Eagle Two' and we get the title of the episode. One has to wonder just where Ed is because so far no one has even mentioned him and yet we know he goes on the job with his team... At this moment Jules asks about Ed and Greg replies 'I'd say Ed's looking pretty darn sharp' as he sits back in his chair and stares over Jules and Spike's heads. Jules turns to look and, low and behold, there's Ed looking all spiffy in a suit. Ed is made primary on Eagle One, aka Eagle One. Greg tells Jules she'll get to wear plains clothes for this one then asks if there are any questions.

We switch scenes to a middle-aged Hispanic woman coming home after her shift at a hotel, judging from the maid's uniform she's wearing. My Spidey Sense is telling me she works at the hotel where SRU will be guarding Eagle One Graham. As the woman hangs up her coat a younger woman approaches and they have a conversation in Spanish. Luckily there are subtitles. For the most part it's a dull conversation, one that just about every person who lives with family would have on a daily basis. Then they switch to English to talk about how the young woman has work instead of school today. As the two head in different directions from the front door, we can see through the, conveniently crystal clear, glass inlay two men approach the door, the one in front rings the bell. The one who rang the bell asks if she's Senora Alvarez and she says 'no, it's Andres'. She tries to tell him he must have the wrong house but he cuts her off and tells her 'Rafael Castillo. We spoke on the telephone.' The music is just ominous enough to tell the viewer that this is important; there just might be a test later. The daughter is seen hiding at the top of the stairs with surprise on her face.

Back at SRU HQ, everyone is leaving the room so that Ed and Greg can be alone. Ed asks how Dallas was and if he saw 'the kid'. I hate when people do that. Just say 'So, ya saw your kid' or 'So, ya saw (insert kid's name)'. I mean, it's been so long since the last episode I can't remember if Greg's kid is a boy or a girl and this certainly doesn't tell me. Can someone tell me why it took Greg eight years to go see his kid? And why the frell his ex didn't demand he come sooner? Or better yet, why didn't Ed demand it? Ed's all about family so he should have been all over Greg about abandoning his kid. But I digress. Greg begins to gather his things together and tells Ed to apologize to Sophie for ruining 'Date Night'. Apparently Ed and Sophie are still keeping up appearances. And apparently they only do it twice a year.

Back at the woman's house the two men are trying to get her to agree to do something but she's refusing. The whole conversation is in Spanish and I hate reading subtitles. They try to use guilt but she still refuses. As they leave the daughter comes running out and tells them she also works at the hotel and will do what they need done.

At the hotel Jules and Sam are talking about how he sold his car because it cost half a paycheck to fill up. My God! How much does he get paid? Or should I say, how little? And what kind of car did he used to own? I big frelling Hummer? Anyway, he got a secondhand bike instead. So now he can be one of those jerks who thinks that because they're on a bike they don't have to obey any traffic laws, like stopping at stop signs and stop lights. Or is it just the cyclists in Dallas that do that? Jules makes a snarky comment about Sam packing three-speeds. How does she know he didn't get a ten-speed? He says something about how now his commute can be relaxing versus his work day which is all 'go, go, go, go. Catch the bad guy'. Jules then wants to know what he's gonna do about dating. He doesn't answer her but I have a feeling he's gonna be looking for a woman who doesn't mind picking him up for a date.

In a hotel room, Ed's closing the drapes while a woman, I'm guessing Eagle Two aka Eagle Two, is bitching about how she was told to pack light. Eagle One says he just wanted to know what it's like to only have two bags per person to check at the airport. She says that's fine but the dress he wants her to wear, a Dior, is at home and so she can't wear it. He says he doesn't care what she wears; in fact he thinks the sexist thing a woman can wear is a bathrobe and asks for Ed's opinion. He agrees verbally but you just know that inside he thinks that the sexist thing he's ever seen is his Alpha naked, in human form. He tells Eagle One that he'll double check everything and Eagle One says 'knock yourself out. This is her traveling light' and by light he means her bags alone take up one whole bellhop cart.

Down in the employee only section of the hotel the daughter is on the phone taking an order for room service. She hands the ticket off to one of the chefs and tells him she'll take it up herself.

In the command center, Jules brings her Alpha a coffee, no sugar, and notices the daughter delivering the room service. Sam gives her a look like he wasn't just in the hall with her and can't believe she's wearing grown-up clothes. He even says 'Just never seen you in a suit before.' Excuse me? Did he not even notice that she wasn't wearing her tactical kit while they were in the elevator alone? And while they walked down the hall talking, where he glanced at her several times?

In the hotel room, Eagle One is objecting to what his wife ordered him for lunch but she just walks all over him by reminding him he had steak for dinner the night before. Ed thinks it's a nice choice, I couldn't tell what had been ordered, and says that Sophie says the same thing 'A little Omega-3 and the crossword if you want to live to be 70'. Eagle One says that Eagle Two is shooting for 100. He also says that he's been with Eagle Two for 14 years and ever since he met her 'everything's better; it's usually steamed, but it's better'. Ed gets this weird look on his face at that.

Back down in the basement the daughter, they still haven't told us her name (I think I'm gonna call her Margaret), is calling someone on her cell. Ah, she was reconning the room and is now calling with her intel. Eagle One and Eagle Two are checked in under her maiden name and she thinks there's only one guard because she only saw Ed. She ends the call with 'I'm coming down for the package'.

Ed and the Grahams are leaving the hotel room and when Greg asks if this is on the itinerary, Ed says it's on Eagle Two's. Jules says they're leaving too early; that Eagle Two has an interview with a journalist at 4 in the library bar. Ed says they're leaving early because Eagle One wants a glass of champagne. Jules says 'Aw, what a guy' and I can't tell if she's being serious or sarcastic. Then she remembers she's supposed to be stuck like glue to Eagle Two. As she's leaving, Sam leans over and says into a microphone that transcribes everything into the computer, that 'Eagle One breaks from the itinerary. Mark as unpredictable.'

In the elevator Eagle Two asks Ed what his wife thinks of his job. He says she's okay with it and she asks if Sophie's a police officer as well. Ed tells her that Sophie's a carter, I did not know that, then when Jules arrives he introduces her, sort of, and says 'she's with us'. Duh! If she's getting into the elevator then of course she's with you.

Down in the kitchen Margaret is walking around with a covered platter on one hand and a water pitcher in the other and still looks very nervous. Honey, if you hadn't agreed to help those two suspicious looking men earlier then you'd have no reason to be worried about getting caught. She carries the platter over to an area where a chef is working and the music swells telling us that this isn't going to be good.

Back in the command center, Greg is telling Spike about an unmarked exit opposite the front desk. Spike walks past it and asks 'Staff only?' and is told that's the one. Not sure what that's all about but the 'unmarked' exit is a staff door and is actually marked, just for staff only.

I have to stop right here and say that in that moment when Spike's back was turned to the camera and he was asking if Greg was talking about the door that says 'Staff Only' he sounded just like Michael DeLuise. In fact he kinda reminds me of Michael's character on seaQuest.

Sam is looking at schematics of the hotel bar and doesn't like what he sees. There are three exits: one to the street, one to the lobby and one to the kitchen. He's also concerned about all the corridors. Lewis informs him that they've blocked off access to the street and are about to have Jules on the lobby door. Greg isn't too overly concerned and asks what's the nearest lobby exit and is told the south entrance. Greg then calls Wordy who says that the outside is clear so he's heading in. Greg reminds everyone to stay sharp because Eagle One likes to wander off-course. Spike says 'I'll take the front exit when they get here and I think we're good. Ready for anything'.

Back in the kitchen Margaret has picked up the platter again and is walking away with it while lifting the cover to reveal a brown paper bag which she places inside an oven.

In the bar, Eagle One's trying to get Ed to take over his suite for the rest of the night but of course he can't accept because it would look like a bribe. Eagle one eventually convinces Ed to let Eagle One use his corporate discount to help Ed pay for a room for the night so Sophie and he can have a romantic night away from Clark.

At the lobby door, Jules is checking the credentials of the man that Margaret agreed to help and directing him to Eagle Two's table. She looks like she doesn't trust him. When Castillo approaches the table Ed and Eagle One leave to go talk to the concierge about Ed using Eagle One's corporate discount for a room for the night. As Ed passes Jules he reminds her she's supposed to be watching her protectee not looking around the hotel lobby like a tourist. When Sophie calls Ed back he asks 'what about Clark?' and Sophie says she'll get her mother to come over. Um, from what I remember of Clark he's a teenager so can't he stay home alone? And what were they going to do if this assignment hadn't come up and they'd've been able to actually go out? Or do they just not want Clark alone in the house all night? Enquiring minds want to know. As the concierge is telling Ed that they're always happy to have a friend of Eagle One's an explosion rocks the hotel and Ed snaps into protective mode and whisks Eagle One away.

Jules makes a rookie mistake and leaves her post to check out the source of the explosion. In the kitchen the oven is on fire and Jules calls for a medic in case anyone's injured. When she gets back to the bar she finds her protectee is missing. She asks two waitresses and a chef if they saw her protectee leave and gets negative head shakes. Ed demands to know what's going on. She tells him that she lost Eagle Two. She goes to check the bathroom.

Greg is having Spike trying to figure out what happened and tells Lewis and Wordy to get security to lock it all down.

Eagle Two isn't in the bathroom.

Greg tells Jules to switch to channel two and then asks her to talk to him. She fibs and says she turned her head of three seconds to try and figure out where to take her. She does, however, do the right thing - finally! - in saying that the journalist is a possible suspect.

We get a shot of Lewis and Wordy hustling along a balcony and Lewis says that the lobby and stairwells are secure and clear.

In Eagle One's room he's demanding Ed tell him what's going on and Ed's trying to keep him calm.

Spike's down in the kitchen barking orders like he does it every day and goes to have a look at the bomb.

In the command center, Greg, Sam and the concierge (whose name is Jay) are looking at security footage and Greg realizes that there is no footage of Eagle Two leaving the building. When he turns to tell Sam that she must still be in the hotel, he finds Jay standing a wee bit too close. We find out that the journalist, Castillo, is legit. Jay demands that Greg spell it out for him and is told 'We just might be looking at a kidnapping. Good news is, if so, she's being held within the building' and Jay says 'That's the good news?' Wordy pipes up with 'Sarge, we got guys at every exit' and Greg says 'That's good' and tells him to cover Spike and ask around and to wait for orders. I have to admit I had to watch this part several times because at first I thought he said 'That's good cover, Spike' and was going to rant about how either the writers suck or Greg couldn't tell the difference in his men's voices.

Jules is running around looking for Eagle Two and comes upon a locked door. She smashes it open with a fire extinguisher but finds the room empty.

Greg hands Sam some plans for the hotel and asks him to break it down and do the math. Sam says '800 rooms divided by five...' and Jay interrupts him to say that there are '809 exactly'. I'm gonna admit I cheated and used a calculator and came up with 161.8. To my knowledge that translates into roughly 162 rooms per person. And yet, Sam says '160 rooms per person'. Someone over in the writers' room needs to check their math. Greg calls for back-up and says they can knock it down to 80 rooms each. Jay, ever the hotel snotty, says 'No, absolutely not. We have 532 guests currently checked in. 27 of whom are VIPs. We cannot invade their privacy.' Greg bitch slaps him, not really, and reminds him that his one and only objective is to locate Eagle Two and ensure her safety. He then tells Jay he has two jobs: get the team some master keys and to get a grip. Oh, how I love Greg when he's being all Alpha.

Down in the kitchen, Margaret (CC just calls her 'woman') is telling Wordy that she has no idea what's going on. Wordy is of course very polite, he doesn't yet know she's behind this, and reassures her that they're asking everyone so they can figure out what happened. He mentions that she's scheduled to leave at 5 and tells her that when she's ready to go to just show her staff ID to security and they'll let her out the staff door. Oh, and we now know her name is Claudia. She walks away looking for all the world like the kid caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

Now we get a montage of everyone going around, knocking on doors and basically interrupting people's vacations. They find room after room, empty.

Ed has the unpleasant task of calling Sophie and telling her that something's come up, like she hasn't heard that one before, and they won't be able to have their romantic weekend. Luckily she knows this is a real work thing and so is only mildly disappointed. For some reason Eagle One starts saying that this couldn't be about what he did years ago during a hostile takeover down in Venezuela and Ed suggests it could be something that Eagle Two did.

Down in the kitchen, Spike is upset that the bomb is so amateurish.

Now we see Eagle Two tied to a chair, blindfolded. Castillo asks if she knows why she's there. Why she doesn't recognize his voice I'll never know. When she says she has no idea Castillo has Claudia tell her how her father died. Eagle Two says that has nothing to do with her and Castillo slaps her. He sends Claudia away then pulls the blindfold off, guess he was only concerned about her being able to tell the police about Claudia. She begs him to reconsider and he opens a case to show her a necklace bomb. He then tells her how it works.

In the command center Sam has noticed that a freight elevator hasn't moved in twenty minutes. Greg sends Lewis and Jules to check it out. Jules and Lewis find Eagle Two tied to a chair in the elevator with a gag. When Jules removes the gag Eagle Two tells her to stand back and tells her 'they called it a necklace bomb'. Uh, we already knew that.

Wordy is escorting employees through the laundry while Greg is telling his boss that they can't remove the bomb because if anyone tampers with it, isolate her, or get her out of the building the bomb will be triggered and will sever her spine. There's also a camera, supposedly, that is monitoring all activity around Eagle Two. I love how Wordy calls Greg 'Boss'. I think I've just fallen in love with him. Gonna have to find someone to pair him with... Greg tells his boss that there are three triggers: a mercury switch, pressure fit and remote. Greg thinks if they can take out the remote they can handle the other two. Ed has brought Eagle One down to see his wife. I love it when Greg calls Ed 'Eddie'... *shivers* Rachel, you really need to hurry up and finish that tag to Never Kissed a Girl, like yesterday. Greg and Ed walk over to where Eagle Two is while Greg tells Ed what's what about the bomb. Spike is doing something to the bomb and asks for 'ten seconds of complete silence'. Eagle One is pissed that Greg won't let him see his wife. Greg returns just as Eagle One is demanding Wordy tell him how his wife is a threat. Now Greg has to explain about the bomb. And now Ed tells him just what the demands are. Castillo, his companion and Claudia want Eagle One to admit his part in killing three men in Venezuela.

Jules is asking if Eagle Two knows the woman who spoke to her and wants to know if there was anyone else in the room. Then she asks for the instructions again. We get scenes of her telling Jules interspaced with Greg telling Eagle One. Eagle One demands to see his wife and Ed escorts him to her. They say 'I love you' to each other.

In a stairwell, Castillo is telling his companion and Claudia that he can't be in the room because they know who he is. Claudia doesn't want to do any more but Castillo insists. We find out in this scene that the other man's name is Felipe. The remote trigger looks like a pager. Felipe tells her that if security doesn't let him in and if Eagle One lies then she's to push a certain button. Stupid woman believes Castillo when he promises that if Eagle One tells the truth they'll let his wife go.

Spike and Greg are having a 'walk-n-talk' about the bomb. They decide to put Eagle Two in the balcony to keep her away from the 'innocent' people. Greg is talking to his boss about the fact that there is no guest or hotel employee with the last name 'Alvarez' and beyond having Eagle One give a confession during his keynote speech they have no idea who these people are or what they want. The Inspector says he doesn't care what Eagle One did. Eagle Two doesn't even know what this is about but she was told that her husband would know. The Inspector doesn't think it's such a good idea to give in to the demand of having the wife present for her husband's confession because he doesn't want 60 people to witness her execution. Sam says that they'll kill her if they don't comply. He says that since they're not asking for money, or hostages, or concessions that makes this like war. Greg reminds his boss that they don't have time to do anything other than comply with the demand to have Eagle Two in the room.

Now we get a montage of the team getting ready to protect Eagle One and Two. Spike is working on jamming all cell phones within a 100 meter radius. The Inspector says 'Don't tell me this thing can be set off by a cell phone' and Greg replies 'Not anymore' then turns to look at Jay who shuts his phone with a terrified look on his face. Greg then says that the only other possible trigger is a shortwave remote like a pager. When asked what that means he says that that means that the suspect has to be within 30 feet of Eagle Two. Greg then says (while we watch Sam getting into position) 'We contain the room. Sam prepares a less lethal solution because if the weapon is a garage door opener we can't take that chance, we cannot shoot to kill. We contain the room. Subject's already arrested.' He gets the go ahead.

Eagle Two asks to talk to her husband before they get everything in place. She tells him to get up there and tell the truth so they can go home. She thinks he didn't do what they're accusing him of. Ed looks like he thinks Eagle One did it.

Everyone is let in and gets 'wanded' by security. Wordy asks Greg what Eagle One did and is told that Greg doesn't know. I have a feeling he couldn't care less one way or the other. His job is to protect Eagle One and Two as well as all the innocents in that room and that's what he's gonna do.

Eagle One wants to pay someone to make this all go away and Ed tells him to just buy them enough time to do their jobs.

Eagle One gets up on stage and says 'I…don't know what to say'. And Eagle Two looks stunned.

Eagle One says he doesn't deserve to be honored by this foundation. He says that all the good he's done is because of his wife. Wordy realizes that Claudia is working despite the fact that she was supposed to leave at 5. Eagle One admits to agreeing to have Gabriel Alvarez 'taken care of'. He didn't ask any questions but he might as well have ordered his death. Felipe is crying and Claudia is shocked that he's admitting it. Felipe approaches Claudia and gives them both away. He grabs the pager from her and calls Eagle One a murder. Sam shoots his arm and the pager goes flying. Greg catches it, Lewis tackles Felipe and Spike holds a metal box for Greg to put the pager in. Greg tells Spike to keep the cell jamming on until they get the bomb off Eagle Two. As everyone is leaving the room, Wordy approaches Claudia and detains her. She knows she's been caught.

As Spike and Jules are assisting Eagle Two down onto a stool, she asks Spike where his gear is and he says 'It's all right here' and she says 'No, I mean don't you have a protective suit or something?' and Spike tells her he doesn't need one. She insists and he tells her it's okay.

They manage to catch Castillo trying to exit the staff door.

Eagle One tells Ed that he should have told his wife about Alvarez. Ed tells him he's not there to judge. Eagle One says 'I was trying to protect her' and Ed replies 'So were we'. I get the feeling that he's not very pleased with Eagle One at this moment.

Spike's removing the bomb and Greg's standing there watching with his hands tucked into the collar of his vest. When Wordy and Claudia approach he tells them to hang back with a hand signal. When Spike finally removes the bomb Eagle Two thanks him with relief heavy in her voice. Greg signals for Wordy to bring Claudia over and he asks Eagle Two if she recognizes her voice. Eagle Two says that she does because Claudia served her lunch. Wordy and Greg don't believe her so they take Claudia to be processed as a possible accessory. Eagle Two is upset by this, she was trying to protect the girl, but knows that nothing she says will get them to change their minds. When Eagle One sees his wife he begins to apologize and she tells him to not do that. She's obviously not angry although she has every right to be. Ed tells Eagle One that they need a few minutes to debrief him. After he walks away with security, Greg says '8:27 pm. Incident contained. Two arrests. VIP secured' for the record then turns to Ed and tells him that since it was a long day the team can go home and they'll debrief in the morning.

Claudia goes home to her mother who just holds her while she cries.

As Jules is leaving Sam tries to talk her into letting him take her home. She says she'd rather walk. He doesn't listen and tells her that if she thinks he's just being nice then she's stupid. Great way to get a woman in bed, jackass. When she continues to refuse, he goes all caveman and just pulls her to him for a kiss. I think she should have kneed him in the balls because he's forcing himself on her despite being told 'no' numerous times but she doesn't. She just melts and kisses him back. Even if I liked Sam, I wouldn't like this pairing because Jules is too smart to risk her career with a relationship with a team member.

Ed goes home to Sophie who's waiting for him in a hammock with a bottle of wine. From this angle it appears that Ed's backyard is paved with stepping stones save this tiny circle where the hammock is.

to the top

Haunting the Barn

For those that don't know, and are curious, 'haunting the barn' is police/military speak for returning to the job to visit after retirement.

The AC in the station is broken and since it's summer everyone is suffering. Greg says that someone's coming to check it out. As the team is leaving to do patrols, a retired member of SRU walks in. He's one of Ed's mentors. While everyone is catching up, a 911 call comes in about a suspicious package at the train station. Spike loves this because that means he gets to use his cool toys.

The team heads out and Sam is in the car with Ed. Sam asks about Danny and Ed tells him a bit about him. Danny never took a promotion to Commander. Sam asks why and Ed said because he didn't want to ride a desk. Sam says something about smelling booze on him and ya just know that Ed smelled it too but was hoping it was mouthwash.

At the train station everyone is being given their duties. Jules is in the van.

Danny talks the dispatch operator into giving him a file (with the threat of a gun). When she goes into the file room, he takes her phone.

At the train station, Ed and Greg are talking about what kind of person places a bomb in a public place.

Danny tells Kira that he knows she's gonna try and sound the alarm. One of the members of Team 3 approaches to ask about the AC and senses something's up with Danny.

There's the possibility of phosgene being used in the bomb because some people reported smelling fresh cut grass.

Troy gives Danny a water bottle and makes small talk, just like he was taught, and asks if Danny's hot in his jacket. He starts to remove it then remembers the gun. Danny then crosses the point of no return and pulls the gun on Troy. Danny starts backing toward a conference room and Kira opens a channel to Team 1. Greg pulls Ed, Sam and Wordy to go with him back to the station and leaves Jules in charge. Troy tries to get Danny to tell him what's going on but Danny knows all the tricks. He locks himself into the conference room.

When Ed, Greg, Wordy and Sam return to the station, Troy gives them a sit rep. Greg wants Troy to call his guys back in and Ed says no, that they should keep it in the family. If that's the case then Sam needs to leave because he's not family. He's just some hot headed Human who doesn't know his team is made of Shifters. Greg allows Ed to take lead. Ed starts spitting orders like he's Alpha. Sam shows just how stupid he is by asking if they need the auto-transcriptor. When Ed says they don't need it Sam replies 'Jules has it anyway.' If you knew you couldn't get it then why ask if Greg wanted you to go get it, dumbass? Greg sends Sam off to get Team 3's and call Danny's wife, then has Kira walk-n-talk with him.

Spike has named his bomb detecting robot 'Babycakes'. How cute is that? He tells Jules and Lewis about the phosgene.

Greg tries to get Kira to go home but she won't. Wordy gets the fiber optic camera inside the room and Danny covers the lens with duct tape. Ed tries to get him to talk by telling him that was a good trick. Inside the room, Danny's laying out crime scene photos. He then begins reenacting something. Ed and Greg are getting freaked. I'm thinking there was a situation that went south and he's trying to redo it right. Michelle, Danny's wife, shows up and Sam won't let her in. Greg intercepts and she hits him couple of times then lets Greg hug her. Ed decides to open the room and they find Danny on his knees with a gun to his head.

Danny wants Ed to shut the door, but Ed refuses. Then Danny starts to negotiate Ed by telling him what he's supposed to do with a subject. When Danny's old partner shows up, Sam intercepts him and tells him that Ed's with Danny so he'd be of the most help by telling Sam everything he remembers about an old case. Greg is trying to get Michelle to talk to Danny because she knows him best but she says he's not the man she married. Danny hears Ed and Wordy talking about their next option and tells them that tear gas would be a mistake because it would cripple the SRU, force them to shut the station down for three days before anyone'd be able to even breathe in there and then it would take three weeks with a sanitation crew to make the place livable again, not to mention, Danny wrote most of the book so he packed a gas mask. Greg then asks Michelle if Danny lets her touch him and she says no, and not just in bed, either. Ed and Greg try to get Danny to think about all the good things he did with his life/career but it's not working. Danny's so far into his own headspace he can't hear what they're trying to say. Harvey tells Sam about the case that pushed Danny over the edge. It was a home invasion in Regent Park. He makes a comment about how the house was neat as a pin so I'm guessing Regent Park is the projects of Toronto. The 'housekeeper' was an 18-year-old girl. She was trying to keep it together for her brother and sister because their parents were gone; both deadbeats, one in jail the other just AWOL. By the time the team had arrived the bad guys were gone. The girl took a swipe at one of the perps and run them off. The rest of the team went back out on patrol and Harvey and Danny stayed behind to write it up. When it was time to go, the little boy wanted to show them his baseball card collection. Harvey wants to leave but Danny said no, they could spare some time to give the little guy some male attention. Sam makes a comment about how well Harvey remembers it and he says 'Yeah, well, you would. Two hours later it wasn't our file anymore; it was Homicide's.' Ed is still trying to get Danny back from the edge by reminding him about the time he earned the silver shield for saving a little girl from drowning. He counters by saying that it wasn't good enough because she was brain dead and so will spend/spent the rest of her life as a vegetable. Greg decides they need to take a break and Ed disagrees. Greg tells him that he can stay and let Danny do his thing but talking to him just makes him drink faster and Danny's already told them that they have until he finishes his bottle of Scotch. Greg then goes to find out where the file is and Sam says that 'a squad car is flying it over'. Didn't know squad cars could fly. *snicker* Greg asks Harvey what he remembers and we find out that the older sister and the brother were killed and the perps got away. When asked if he ever talked to Danny about it, Harvey answers that he did and Danny's response was always 'I'm fine'. Greg looks back over his shoulder at where his Mate is and remembers when he said that about almost killing an innocent boy because he didn't want his father to die. Troy gives Ed a bottle of water and he rolls it over to Danny. There's only about a swallow of Scotch left in the bottle. The file has arrived and the tape is Beta. Ed decides to open the briefing room up further so they can get to Danny better. Danny's beyond drunk and he puts the gun to his head again. Michelle approaches and tries to talk him down.

Lewis and Spike 'counter' the 'bomb' and it appears to be just a briefcase full of grass clippings. I'm starting to think that Danny staged the 'bomb' to get the team out of the station so he could do his thing.

Suddenly Danny pulls his gun on Ed who, of course, pulls his gun on Danny. It's starting to look like Danny wants to suicide by cop and is really pissed that Michelle is there.

Danny tells Ed that he needs to follow the rule of what to do when there's a gun aimed at an officer. Ed says he won't do it. Sam whispers that he has a solution and Greg tells Wordy to get in front of Ed with his shield. When Wordy moves, Danny looks over to his right and starts talking like there's a frightened child standing there. He's telling the 'child' to hide. Kira is watching the tape with Harvey and it's the younger sister. She's telling the officer that Jeremy told her to hide and that Danny had told them they'd be safe. Danny had told Jeremy to protect his sisters. So, Danny is trying to change the past by telling Jeremy's ghost that he has to hide. Greg negotiates Danny with what he now knows about Jeremy. He was killed by a screwdriver to the throat. Ed's fighting to not Shift because there are Humans present. Danny starts talking about the ghosts that haunt him and Eddie is feeling it too and fighting tears. He asks Ed to do it for him but Ed can't. When Ed removes the clip, Sam brings his gun up. Ed then starts talking and removing his gear. Ed tells him that every time he looks at a scope he sees a kid run across and a spray of blood; all the calls they didn't get to in time; all the mothers they couldn't talk down; the kid who thought it would be fun to pull a gun on a cop. Danny then begs Ed to please stop. Now Ed's getting angry and tells Danny that this can't be how it ends. Ed disarms Danny and they hug and cry.

Inside the 'bomb' was Danny's silver shield. Danny allows Michelle to take his hand. Greg tells him that they're going to take him to a place that Greg's been to before and together they're going to get through this. Ed is drained and he sees himself in Danny's desperate plea to stop the ghosts. Greg is furious with his Mate and hates having to fill out an incident report. When Ed goes home he opens a cabinet in the garage full of news clippings of his ghosts. He shows it to Sophie and adds Danny's 'I'm sorry' note to them. They hug. You just know that she then sent him off to be punished/comforted by his True Mate.

In Backwards Day, Greg is still punishing Ed over how he handled the situation with Danny and forces him to remain in the van while Greg takes point. This was the case of the pregnant woman being held hostage by another woman. The pregnant woman is an old friend of her captor's husband and had an affair with him. I don't remember is the baby was his or if he was going to ask her to let him and his wife adopt her baby because she was single. I also don't remember much of the dialogue other than Greg kept telling Ed he needed to take Sophie and Clark away. By the end of the episode, they have mostly made up.

In case you're wondering why this one is so short, well, my DVR deleted it before I had a chance to finish reviewing it.

to the top

Season 3

One Wrong Move | Never Let You Down (aka: Change of Address) | Just A Man
Custody | Coming To You Live | The Farm
You Think You Know Someone | The Good Citizen | Behind The Blue Line

One Wrong Move

We start with the team talking about a vacation Lew and Spike took together to Jamaica. The guys go to their locker room and Jules goes to hers.

At a construction site there are a couple of guys talking about how one's kid isn't talking yet and the camera pushes in on a package.

Back at the station, a bomb threat comes in for the construction site. The team rolls out.

The foreman can't hear his phone over the sounds. When Greg finally gets through, the foreman doesn't believe him at first. He eventually gets everyone to leave just moments before the team arrives and the bomb explodes.

Another bomb threat comes in, giving the team one hour to find and neutralize the threat. Sam proves it's all about him by saying he has experience, like Spike doesn't?

We find out that the explosive is TNT. Sam finds a piece of the bomb that will make it easier to locate the bomber. We then get a flashback about a riot at the front gates where the foreman had to get physical with the leader who then threatened to take it to the next level.

The team splits up to investigate three possible bomb sites and the 'tree huggers' who threatened the foreman. The leader has video that proves the foreman was wrong. He didn't mean a bomb; he meant a petition against his company.

I find it funny that a Shifter Pack has to use a bomb dog. But then again, Sam isn't aware his team isn't Human.

A couple of suspects have been found and they're now professors at a local college. Jules and Greg go visit them and find out that they gave up being terrorist bombers when they became parents. The photo of their daughter looks a bit like Hilary Swank in Boys Don't Cry, the movie about Brandon Tina.

Ed calls Greg and lets him know they've found bomb number two.

Lew is in the truck transcribing while Spike is sending in his baby. Sam and Wordy is evacuating the building. A woman drops some papers and then remembers she forgot her laptop.

The manufacturer of the TNT has been found. Winnie says she'll flag large quantities and Greg reminds her those are for legit purchases.

Spike now can see the bomb and realizes it has to be disarmed by hand and another call comes in. Spike tells Lew to go get a head start on the scans and that he'll catch up.

A purchase of TNT has been traced to a known bomber and the team heads to his house. Simon Wilcox is holding himself hostage with a syringe full of air. Sam finds a trap door and Simon gives himself an aneurysm heart attack. Ed tries to get Simon to tell him how to disarm the bombs and gets called 'jack boot' for his troubles. When Simon dies, Ed yells and swipes his arm across the table, knocking all the papers to the floor. Simon kept saying, 'We just put them there'. I'm thinking the other part of 'we' is the daughter of his former terrorist friends.

Spike is still struggling with the second bomb and the team has arrived at the third one.

The bomb is at the base of a pillar, covered by garbage bags. Lew prepares to disarm it. Sam has found the plans for the second bomb.

Lew wants to actually take care of the third bomb since Spike can't make it in time. The camera focuses on Lew's feet as he walks across the sand garden. I have a feeling there's a pressure plate under the sand. Spike tells Lew to slowly remove the garbage bags and we can now see the bomb. It's a large shape charge. As Lew shifts closer, he hears a click, telling him he's stepped on a land mine.

Greg tells him to stay calm and Lew tells him he's fine. Spike is freaked that his Mate is in trouble. Lew asks how much time is left on the third bomb and Greg assures Lew he has plenty of time. Greg tells everyone else to go to channel four and Ed asks Sam for his opinion about the land mine.

Jules has security footage of the daughter purchasing the batteries. Greg sends a team to her parents' house.

Sam is talking Spike through disarming the bomb. They argue about which wire he's supposed to cut and Spike cuts one anyways.

Lew asks why no one's talking to him and Spike says, "Who'd want to talk to you?' Lew says they switched channels and Spike says it's because he's always talking. Lew convinces Spike to talk him through disarming the bomb.

Greg spies the daughter in the crowd.

Lew and Spike argue about how Lew doesn't always obey Spike when he tells him something.

Spike arrives and informs Lew he only has one more wire to cut and Lew is finally starting to feel the pressure.

The parents arrive and they inform Greg that Rafer 'seduced' their daughter on a recent visit but they didn't realize exactly how deep she was.

Time's up and Greg has everyone take cover. Lew cuts the final wire and now it's time to work on the land mine. Lew is starting to feel the pressure of having to stand still.

Spike asks for a description of the mine. Lew changes the channel on his radio and tells Spike to stay back. Spike begins to walk toward him with a ground penetrating radar, trying to find the edges of the mine and to see if there are any others.

Spike begins to mark the mines he finds and joking with Lew. So far Spike's found three, how the hell did Lew manage to not step on them? Spike begins digging around the mine under Lew's foot and finds a booby trapped land mine. The mine is the kind that can't be easily disarmed with a man standing on it. Sam says it's anti-tank.

Spike found the safety hole but Rafer glued it shut which means Spike can't repin it. Spike begins talking about how to beat the mine and Lew begins talking about the good times they had. Lew tells Spike to call some girl to watch the game with him but Spike won't hear it. Lew agrees to use water to defuse the mine and Spike goes to get it. Sam doesn't trust his team to be able to defeat the bomb and save Lew, further proof he's not Shifter. Greg tries to talk Spike into slowing down. The team is at each other's throats. Lew calls his parents and says good-bye, crying the whole time. After hanging up, he gathers his courage and then takes his foot off the mine after saying bye to Spike.

The utter anguish on Spike's face as he feels his Mate die has me crying. I love how this part is all music, no words or sounds from the characters. Spike falls to his knees screaming his pain to the heavens. Greg goes and tries to comfort his Pack member.

As much as I hate losing Lew, I hope this means they're bringing Donna back.

to the top

Never Let You Down

We start with an aerial of some woods with Ed asking Spike if he has the suspect. We also see a young woman running down a dirt road, flagging down a car. She turns and runs and I'm guessing it's the suspect.

The scene changes to a diner doughnut shop where the young woman from earlier is asking some customers to try a pastry she made. A young man enters and she gets all nervous and tries to get him to leave. He starts apologizing and even gives her a necklace but she says no. I'm gonna say he's a former abusive boyfriend and he proves me right by grabbing her wrist when she tries to walk away and then her chin to force her to look at him. Another waitress calls 9-1-1 and he leaves, telling Zoe that they're not finished. Zoe makes her co-worker hang up the phone and tries to finish her shift but it's obvious she's rattled and one of her regular customers, a man tries to comfort her.

At the station, Spike is looking at a flyer for Lew's memorial and Greg comes in and they leave together.

I have to pause here because this scene throws me out every time I see it. There's a maintenance worker replacing the plaque outside the locker room that Jules uses. The reason it throws me out of the episode is because it's obvious that Jules isn't the only female member of the SRU, I mean there's Winnie for starters and of course Donna. I know that Donna isn't part of the team anymore (or is she?) but she is still a member of the SRU, right? So why did the plaque just say 'Jules'? Why didn't it say 'Women' all along? Are we supposed to think that Jules is special and since she's on SRU-1 she got a locker room all to herself? What? (Please don't answer these questions, I really don't care)

Jules exits the locker room and frowns at the man replacing the plaque.

Zoe heads home and she's even more on edge, looking over her shoulder and jogging across the street and all but running down the hall to her apartment. She only relaxes once she's inside where she's, supposedly, safe. There's a knock at her door and she cautiously answers it. Her next door neighbor can hear her yelling and the sounds of a scuffle and then a gun shot.

There's a new woman in Lew's spot in the war room and Spike barely even looks at her before taking a seat at the other end of the table. Greg says it's gonna be a light day and introduces Leah Kerns. She is so very much Human it's not even funny. I have a feeling she's gonna back-talk worse than Sam. Her first words to the team? "Thank you for choosing me. I know why I'm here. You're down a guy and I'm replacing him. Don't hate me for it." She then tries to make them think she's one of them by mentioning when the firefighter team she was on lost a man. Let me be the first to say, "Leah, you are not replacing Lew. You are filling a spot left open by his untimely death at the hands of an eco-terrorist. Don't think your Human ass can ever replace the beloved Pack Mate that was lost just a week or two ago." While she's talking Spike looks like he can't believe Greg allowed another Human to be added to the team. Leah finishes with, "If you want to talk about it…" Jules interrupts her with, "We're good." Leah looks like she can't believe Jules said that to her. Almost like Leah feels that because they're both women on an all male team they should stick together. Um, Leah, honey? You're even more of an outsider than Sam. Sam has proved himself, somewhat, to the team while you're still mostly an unknown. Not to mention, you're Human. Don't ever think that because you and Jules both have XX chromosomes that you're on the same side against the men. Those men are her Pack Mates while you're just another woman she has to share a locker room with.

They get the call out to Zoe's apartment. As Jules is leaving the room she turns to Greg and says, "Time and a place". I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean unless she's telling Greg that this Human is an even bigger pain in the ass than Sam.

At Zoe's apartment, the team is questioning the neighbor. As Ed's throwing out assignments, Leah demands to know what she's supposed to do. He has her going around back with Spike. The team burst through her front door and find it empty.

Interesting. According to Jules, the kidnapping happened at 7:21 am and this was after Zoe ended her shift at the diner. Does that mean she only worked a couple of hours or does she work graveyard? I now know she works at a doughnut shop so this makes more sense. Just GibbsSmack me for not noticing it wasn't a diner.

Greg is having Jules get info on the boyfriend and Leah calls, "Greg? What do you want me to do?" You can see on Greg's face that he hates that she called him by his first name, a right she hasn't earned yet. She really should take her cues from the rest of the team. They call him 'Sarge' or 'Boss' even though they can call him Greg. In fact, I do believe the only one I've actually heard call him 'Greg' is Ed. He tells Leah to profile with Jules. Spike tells Leah, "Word to the wise? We call him 'Boss'." Told ya! Leah just smirks like she couldn't care less what the rest of the team calls their boss and turns to go back inside.

The neighbor's dog is going nuts at Jules. I'm guessing he can tell she's a Shifter. Leah asks the neighbor if she can describe the car and she really can't so they take her to the station.

Sam has found some ammo in the bedroom so we figure out that the gun belonged to Zoe. Poor Spike is having to get a make a model from the neighbors brief description.

Leah finds a work schedule. And Spike finally figures out the make and model of the car, he says it's a Nebraska but when I googled it all I got was info on the state of Nebraska. Jules calls Zoe's work and gets a name on the boyfriend and is told that he's abusive.

The team heads to the boyfriend's place and Wordy tackles him. Every time they demand he tell them where she is, he says he doesn't know. He says he's her boyfriend and they tell him that according to Zoe, he's not. Jeff throws the older male customer under the bus. Greg has Spike run some numbers on some stuff lying around the apartment. Ed approaches and begins to tell Greg they found that the insurance numbers match stuff stolen from a pawn shop. Jeff says, "Must be a mistake" and Greg snaps back, "You interrupting my friend?" and then tells Ed to continue. His robbery of the pawn shop means that Jeff didn't harm Zoe. When Ed says they can still arrest him for the theft, Jeff says they can't prove it. Oh, yes they can. He was caught on the security tape. When Wordy begins to lead him out, Jeff asks if they could give her a message and Ed says, "Nope."

Spike begins pulling all the Nebraska owners named Dale and they find him: Dale Murray. They head to his house and question his ex-wife. Upstairs they find a room for a teenage daughter that appears to not have been lived in, in quite some time. Downstairs, Leah finds a picture of the daughter, who has passed, and she looks a hell of a lot like Zoe. When Greg asks if she has a daughter, the ex-wife says, "I did. Isn't that why you're here? You think Dale killed our daughter?"

In the woods, Dale exits his car holding a gun and gets Zoe out of the trunk. She keeps asking why they're there and he won't tell her anything. Spike informs the team about Wendy. She went missing when she was 18. She was last seen on a bus back to college and no signs she was planning to run away. Her father was a person of interest in her disappearance. Greg and Jules ask if Judith has any info she can give them and she tells them about Dale's trailer.

At the trailer, Dale has a dress for Zoe with a butterfly on it. He tells her that Wendy loved butterflies. He begins to cook and tells her he's been stalking her for a while now. Zoe begins to question him about Wendy and he refuses to talk about her. When he turns to wipe his eyes, blaming the onions he's chopping, she sneaks out the door.

Zoe is running through the woods and hears a car on the road, she flags it down, but it's Dale.

The team finds the trailer but no one's there. Ed has Wordy contact the LEOs with a BLO for Dale's car and takes Leah with him.

Greg asks Judith if she thinks her ex-husband was responsible for Wendy's disappearance. She mentions that he became depressed and she made him go into a mental hospital with a possible EDP (Emotionally Depressed Person? Emotionally Depressed Personality?)

Dale is driving and Zoe is begging him to take her home. He says she is home. I'm guessing that Dale and Wendy argued about how she wanted to be at college but he wanted her to stay at home. He's lost his connection with reality and thinks Zoe is Wendy.

Spike can hear the car coming.
Spike: Vehicle approaching.
Ed: Talk to me, Spike.
Spike: South-southwest from you.
Ed: Is it our red Nebraska?
Spike: Can't hear the make and color. (Duh!) It's definitely an old car.
Wordy: I bet he's heading back to the trailer.
Zoe sees them and gets excited about being rescued and he reverses and tries to run.

Judith tells Greg that she thinks Dale had a mental break over the guilt of killing Wendy.

The team finds the car empty and Dale and Zoe on foot. The Pack now has to play Human because of Sam and Leah.

Greg calls the detective in charge of Wendy's case and is told he sees no reason for Dale to be responsible.

Dale is trying to keep Zoe quiet and she just keeps screaming. They have him cornered at the edge of a cliff.

Greg tells Judith that Dale didn't do anything to Wendy. He says that Dale's blaming himself just like she's blaming him because it's an answer when they don't any other answers.

Ed sends Sam around behind Dale. Ed tells him to not take the shot because he'll take Zoe over the edge with him.

Greg informs the team that Dale's unstable. Greg tells Jules to take the lead on this. Sam and Leah start talking about how to get Zoe by climbing down the cliff. Zoe breaks free for a moment but Dale catches her. Zoe throws an elbow to his midsection and they both go over. Sam and Leah have Dale and Dale has Zoe's leg. Jules had Zoe's hand and demands Dale let her go. Telling him she knows how it feels to lose someone you love without being able to say good-bye and to be angry with people just for living their lives. He lets Zoe go and they get everyone back on solid ground.

Judith arrives and gives Dale her support while he cries over the death of their daughter.

Leah enters the war room with a box that when opened has bracelets with Lew's name and badge number on them, telling the team that it helps when you can carry your friends with you. Everyone takes one and puts it on.

to the top

Just A Man

We open on a prison where a man is telling another to kill two women that have been taken hostage. The first man tells the second one that if he kills 'her' she won't keep showing up at his parole hearings. I'm guessing the second man killed the husband/father of the two women.

Three hours earlier, the man who was being forced to kill walks into a room where the two women are sitting at a table with two other women and two men. The parole board, I'm guessing.

Anton Burrows has been behind bars for fifteen years and this is his fourth appeal for parole. He feels he's tried to learn from what happened. One parole board member asks to see his drawings but he refuses. However, he does try to plead for his freedom. The parole board member asks the younger woman, Jasmine Amiri, if she has anything to say. She says that what she wants to say, she can't in front of her mother. She congratulates Anton for his artistic ability and his performance for the board this day. She says that she can barely remember her father and that she wants Anton to die alone and scared like her father did. Anton freaks and says she doesn't know him. As the guards are escorting him out, she tells him she will attend each of his hearings until he's dead.

In the yard, Anton overhears two other inmates talking about an escape. He begins to worry about the way they're acting and he was right to worry, they attack other inmates who were just minding their own business.

As Jasmine Amiri and her mother are leaving, the riot alarms start sounding. The guard tries to get them out before lock down.

Anton has gone back to his cell. Very smart. If he's not caught out with the general population he can't get into anymore trouble. He has pictures of Jasmine Amiri's father taped to his walls and he flashes back to the day he killed Amiri.

A group of inmates attack the guards in the control room and take over.

Team One arrives. Ed tells them to go less lethal and Leah objects. The warden walks the Team in and tells them what he knows. Greg says it sounds more planned than spur of the moment. Ed sends everyone out to manually lock down each wing. Greg uses the PA to tell the inmates that if they return to their cells, they won't get in trouble. Then he sees Jasmine Amiri and her mother on the CCTV.

Ed and Leah find the injured inmate in the yard and Ed sends pictures to Greg. An inmate sneaks up on Wordy to tell them that there are guards that need help.

As one guard is trying to get Jasmine and her mother out, a man named Carter approaches and takes the women, starting to rape Jasmine but Anton stops him and throws him down the stairs, knocking him out killing him. Anton says, "No one touches them. They're mine."

Spike, Sam and Jules have all the inmates in A wing in their cells and Greg sends them to lock it down.

The warden tells Greg the injured inmate is a Satan's Blood and they're the top gang in his prison. Greg says a riot is a good time for revenge but that's not a good idea with the Bloods because they hit back twice as hard.

Anton is pushing Jasmine and her mother into his cell and Jasmine calls him an animal.

Greg calls Winnie to hurry up his back-up. He then shows Carter's picture to the warden and we discover that Carter is part of a gang called NTL, Nothing To Lose, and they are Satan's Bloods' main rival. The leader is a Sloan Keller, he was one of the men from the teaser with Anton being the other one, and he's a hired killer. They both mention several different murders that Keller committed.

Keller gets to Anton's cell and demands to know why he killed Carter. Anton plays along and tells him it was because the woman he was trying to hurt belongs to Anton. Anton ends up becoming a member of the NTL. Keller sends Anton to talk to the police and tells him a bit of the plan. I have a feeling he might be lying.

Everyone has arrived at the common room in C wing. Wordy uses a mirror to see where all the players are and any weapons. The Team bursts in and takes the room, freeing the guards.

Anton and several members of the NTLs (Keller is standing behind Anton) are in the yard demanding to give his demands. Ed recognizes Anton and asks to work with him. Ed goes to the yard, with Sam in tow, and hands Sam his weapons, telling him he has to do this alone. He tells Anton he never expected to see him here and Anton says Ed knew he was in prison and Ed tells him he means giving the list of demands. Ed tells him he'll trust him again and Anton begins reading his list which includes more conjugal visits. Ed tells him if something happens to the hostages and Anton gives him a warning wrapped up like a threat.

Jasmine and her mother are taken to an exercise room where they are leered at by several inmates.

Ed and Greg peg Keller as the main guy. Greg then asks what Anton meant by his warning. They figure out that the NTLs are going to try and cut out through D wing. Greg asks Ed to tell him about Anton. Ed was a young uni and had promised to look out for Anton.

Anton asks Keller what they'll do if they're demands are met and Keller says they just keep making demands. Anton then asks if they're busting out and Keller tells him anyone who wants to run right into the arms of the cops is more than welcome to go.

Wordy, Spike and Ed find the guys trying to blow a hole in the wall. Spike says it's fake. They figure out the explosion is just a distraction. What could the inmates really be up to?

Jasmine asks what happens now and Anton says he doesn't know. Jasmine's mother apologizes and Jasmine doesn't like it. She tries to tell him she knows but Jasmine tells her to hush. He asks why they came today and Jasmine says he belongs in prison and he says if he belonged there, he'd've killed them already. He tells them that where he grew up you either joined a gang or they killed you. He said he tried to be good for his mother and a cop (Ed) but he got tired of being scared all the time so he decided to join a gang. They sent him to rob Mr. Amiri and he says it was supposed to be just a simple robbery but no one was expecting Mr. Amiri to fight back. The gun went off accidentally when Amiri grabbed it. He tells them that he held Amiri as he died. All this time Jasmine thought her father had died alone and scared.

Sam, Ed, Wordy, Jules, Leah and Spike find three more victims. All three are Satan's Bloods. Turns out the riot is to cause a distraction for Keller to take over. The last target is in B wing and Ed sends Bravo team to protect him, if they can.

Keller arrives and demands what Anton told the cops. He maintains he didn't say anything.

Ed thinks Anton played him, again. Jules, Spike and Sam arrive and take down the NTLs that are trying to kill the leader of Satan's Blood.

Keller gets word that the cops have saved Warshaw and demands to know whose side Anton's on by killing Jasmine and her mother.

Alpha team has located the hostages. Ed demands to know if there's another way in. Greg has Spike prepare an explosive entry.

Keller is still trying to get Anton to kill the hostages. Anton turns to Jasmine and says, "You called me an animal, but I'm not" and drops the knife. He tells Keller he'll take the blame but Keller says he told the cops if they came in, he'd kill the hostages. He has one of his men take Anton to the bathroom to kill him. Anton gets the upper hand and takes the man's cell to call 9-1-1. How'd they get cell phones while behind bars? Ed doesn't believe anything Anton is saying. He tells him that he has to get in soon but not through the door because Keller's expecting it. Ed says to get everyone away from the west wall.

Greg calls for everyone's status and says it's all up to Anton, now. Keller has taken Jasmine and is trying to rape her when Anton comes in and throws him off. Keller stabs Anton in the back just as the Team bursts in. Jules and Leah takes the hostages out. Anton asks if they're safe and Ed tells him he did good. He asks Ed to do something for him.

As Ed and Greg are leaving, Jasmine approaches and asks if they'll take Anton a message, that she'll be at his next hearing but to speak for him this time. Ed then hands her something and I'm guessing it's a picture of her father.

Anton survived being stabbed. The closing montage is Anton looking at his drawings and starting a new one, Jasmine looking at the one Anton gave her, which is indeed of her father with the word 'Redemption' written on it and Ed looking at pictures of him playing ball with Anton.

(The closing song is sung by Hugh Dillon's band)

to the top

Custody

We start with a couple exiting family court. The man is telling the woman that it doesn't have to be this way and she says he lied to the judge. He says he's just trying to do what's right for his kids and she says, "Your kids?" like he's not really their father. The woman's lawyer tells the man he has some papers to sign. I'm not sure who won custody.

In the locker room, Jules comes in on Leah changing and asks about this nasty scar on her right shoulder. Leah tell her it was from crashing her bike after losing a kid in a fire. Jules tells her she can get it fixed and Leah says it's a reminder to not be stupid and Jules says she has four brothers for that.

The team is called to an office building and it's the father from earlier and the lawyer. I'm guessing the father lost custody to his ex.

They have an idea of where they might be, but not specific. The team is getting info from workers from the building, trying to piece together what's going on.

Ed sends everyone in to begin a floor by floor search. As they come across innocent bystanders, they evacuate them until they have one office left.

The father is trashing the lawyer's office demanding to know where his kids are. Maybe he won custody but the ex-wife took them to keep them safe?

Wordy tells Spike the lawyer is Adam Westfall and Spike starts pulling his recent cases to see if they can figure out what's going on.

The father tells the lawyer that he's not going to let his ex take the kids back to Ireland because then he'll never see them again. So maybe I was right the first time and he lost custody.

There's a problem; Adam's assistant is most likely inside the office, hiding in a closet. Sam requests a snake cam to see if they can find her. I was right the second time. Donald won custody and we now have the motive. The lawyer helped the ex kidnap the kids.

Wordy is trying to cut into the wall to see if they can find the assistant. Donald has Adam call his ex and is not surprised that he has her on speed dial. Greg calls Donald and tells him he needs to calm down and let them handle this.

Greg calls for an Amber Alert, wasn't aware it was international. Sam and Wordy are talking about how Donald won't get the kids back after this and how it can get crazy. Leah says she does crazy ass stuff to save other people's kids so it makes sense to her. Well, of course it does. She's Human.

In the van Greg asks Ed what would happen if Ed and Sophie ever broke up. Like he doesn't know that'll never happen, at least not until Clark is in college. But anyway, I'm sure Ed and Sophie would be able to work out a friendly agreement.

Jules goes to the ex-wife's house and talks to the neighbors. The neighbor says that one time when Donald came to get the kids for a visit, Helen was waiting outside with her and the kids weren't there. Helen also has a boyfriend named Jason who the neighbor says is the main problem. The neighbor paints the picture of an abused woman. Helen arrives sans the children. Turns out that Jason took them from school. Through all this everyone keeps saying that Helen is Irish but I've yet to hear an accent, until now. Now, however, she has one but it's so slight I can't tell if it's real or not.

Jules checks the house and tells Greg that Helen swears she doesn't know where her kids are. Greg tells her to go to the school and see what happened. Wordy has the snake cam in the main part of the office but can't see the assistant.

At the school, the principal says that Helen called to say a friend was picking up the kids, Helen says that's not true. I bet the assistant called pretending to be Helen. Jules sends the principal off to get the tapes.

Wordy finds the assistant in a closet. When Ed gives orders, Leah says she'd rather take the window and Ed's all, "Excuse me, Human? Did you just question my order?" I really wish CBS hadn't aired these out of order because in later episodes, Leah isn't so Human. *growl*

At the school, the tape shows that Jason did indeed get the kids and Helen says they broke up and he took it hard, saying she'd regret it. Jules tells Helen to wait at the school for an escort and Helen tries to get out of it. I have a feeling she's in on it and had Jason get the kids to throw suspicion off her. Greg tells Jules to swing by the office to get Sam to assist in the apprehension of Jason.

At the office, Donald is arguing with the lawyer about how Donald pushed Helen away with his work load. Donald says he had just arranged to have his work load cut in half and came home to tell her only to find her with Jason. The lawyer hinted that Donald touched the kids. Donald invoked parental alienation and vicious mother syndrome. The assistant can't stay put any longer and bursts from the closet. Adam and Donald fight over the gun and Ed, Wordy and Sam burst in, arrest Donald and take Adam to get medical assistance for a split lip.

Donald thinks that Adam is behind Helen's kidnapping the kids because of something he said at pre-trial. Helen promised to leave Jason if Adam wouldn't fight for full custody. The assistant offers to help her keep the kids no matter what the judge says. Ed keeps telling him that Adam's a lawyer and it's his job to say those things.

Jason wasn't at home. There was evidence of the kids at his house. Sam says the juice boxes could have been Jason's.

Adam says he'd never break the law and risk his career even if he sometimes wants to. I have the feeling it was all the assistant's idea.

Sam and Jules find the hotel where Jason is holed up and they burst through the door. Jason flees out a window and Jules tackles him to the ground which is covered in the largest pieces of gravel I've ever seen.

Jason tells Jules and Sam that he hasn't seen the kids in weeks and Jules tells him they have video of him with them just a few hours ago. Jason lawyers up.

Greg is talking to the Assistant and discovers that her kids live with her ex. Spike calls and says that when the escort showed up at the school, Helen was gone. Despite what everyone's saying, I think Jason and Helen are working together with Amanda to take the kids.

Jules is still trying to get Jason to tell them where the kids are. He keeps talking about how Donald didn't seem to appreciate Helen and how calling him a pervert in court was so she could buy more time. He finally admits he dropped them off at their aunt's.

Amanda finally admits she helped Helen steal the kids.

Leah heads to the sister's house. She arrived just in time to see Helen driving off in a red Jeep with the kids.

The team heads off to talk her down. Greg allows Donald to come along. Ed crosses the line when Greg asks, "C'mon, if it was your boy, what would you want?" by replying, "We talking about my boy, or yours?" Low blow, Ed. Low blow.

Helen is driving Jason's car. When Sam says something about it he says, "You didn't ask." Sam demands to know what else he didn't tell them and Jason says to not hurt her. Jules asks why would they hurt her and Jason admits there's a gun in the Jeep.

Greg tries to call Helen but she won't answer. The kids ask to play 'The Beetle Game' and it works like this: she describes a beetle and they have to name which one. They seem to know their beetles.

Ed wants to end this as peacefully as possible since the kids are on board. He suggests a moving roadblock. Greg asks Spike if Helen's car has an onboard communications thing and Spike asks, "Can I say 'bingo'?" to which Greg says, "Only if it's a yes." So Spike says, "Bingo." Spike patches Greg through her onboard communications and the kids tell him they're going to Ireland. Greg tries to talk her down but she just speeds up. The kids begin to get anxious as the team get into position for the moving road block. They manage to complete it safely.

Helen jumps out and pulls the kids out with her, using them as a 'shield'. She has the gun in her hand. Greg is still trying to talk her down. Ed tries to get Greg to use a shield and he says he doesn't need one because Helen needs to see that someone trusts her. When Greg says he knows Ed has his back I could've sworn Ed said, "Greg…" but my CC says he said, "Right." Greg approaches and takes off his hat. Leah wants to know what she's thinking she's gonna do and Ed says she's not thinking. Wordy wonders how you reach a person who's gone tribal mother bear and Jules (who is played by a woman who recently had a baby and is most likely still very much in protective mother mode) says, "Through her cubs". Greg says he knows Helen loves the kids more than anything because of everything she's done today. He even mentions he's sure she's told them to not talk to strangers and the little girl says, "You're not a stranger. You're a police man" and Greg agrees. He tries to remind her that if she takes those kids to Ireland they'll never be able to come back to Canada. She says that Donald bad mouthed her in court, calling her malicious and unfit and demands to know why he'd do that. Greg says it was probably just Donald's lawyer doing his job and that Donald loves her and so he was just striking out at her because he lost her and it hurt. Greg tells the officers to let Donald out and the kids run to him. Helen doesn't like it and Greg reminds her she hasn't done anything too bad, yet, and to please stay calm. Helen asks Donald what he's done and he admits he was acting out of hurt over losing her and the kids. She breaks down and Greg is able to take the gun from her. Donald and Helen hug their kids and cry. Unfortunately both parents are under arrest but the kids are going to stay with their aunt.

Ed tells Greg he knows Greg was thinking of his son while dealing with Helen. Greg growls at his Beta to back off and Ed just says he was watching Greg's back because the decisions he made could have gotten him killed and then their Pack would be in danger of being exposed to the Humans they work with.

After the kids are buckled into a police car, Greg gets into one of the SUVs and looks at an old picture of a young boy which I'm guessing is his son.

to the top

Coming To You Live

We start with the Team speeding through the streets while there's a voice over of a radio personality. Inside the studio, he holds a gun to the head of a politician and demands to know if he's willing to die for his convictions.

Three hours previous, Pat Cosgrove, the radio personality, arrives at work. His boss reads his the riot act and demands to know if he actually has coffee in his travel mug. Cosgrove tells him to keep his ears open because today's broadcast is going to be a big one.

The politician arrives and his PR person tries to get him to leave. He tells her that it's radio and he'll be fine.

At the SRU station, the team is working out
Jules *turning to Sam*: Late night?
Sam: You can say that.
Jules: Blonde, brunette or redhead?
Sam: One of each.
Can he be any more disgusting? I mean just last season he professing his undying love for her and now here he is, flaunting his conquests in her face.

Wordy starts messing with the radio and Ed tells him, "Rock stations only, no country and western" Wordy says he's putting on Cosgrove and Spike objects.

The politician compliments Cosgrove by saying his show's not 'little' when Cosgrove makes a comment about how long it took them to get him on the air. The Team has a brief debate about whether or not Cosgrove is a good guy. Cosgrove begins throwing barbs at his guest. When Malone tries to leave, Cosgrove pulls a gun and there's a shot fired. Greg says they're not gonna wait for the call, and Team One heads out.

We they arrive, they're told there was one shot fired 12 minutes ago and as far as they know, Cosgrove and his guest are still present. Jules and Greg enter the production booth and Jules can hear heavy breathing of one person. Ed kicks the door in and they find the production person tied to a chair. Wordy confirms that Cosgrove has a liquid breakfast.

We find out that normally Cosgrove is on a thirty second tape delay but today he asked for six minutes. Suddenly they hear Cosgrove's voice over the sound system and he informs everyone that unless Malone tells the truth, he'll die.

Cosgrove thinks that the Malone the world sees isn't the real one and that he knows all Malone's secrets. He also says that if anyone tries to shut down the broadcast, he'll kill his guest.

The Team tries to figure out where Cosgrove is currently broadcasting from. Greg is trying to have Spike find him but there's a lot of area to cover. Cosgrove tells the phone number and Jules writes it down for Greg. The station director says he knew Cosgrove was drunk and shouldn't have let him on the air. Today is Cosgrove's last shift because the station has been sold to a new company that is switching the format to all music.

Ed, Sam and Wordy have arrived at Cosgrove's house. I don't think he's there.

Malone tries to get Cosgrove to tell him what it is he wants to hear, but Cosgrove won't do that.

Greg calls the number to talk to Cosgrove. Greg says he thinks this about Cosgrove and not Malone. Cosgrove says it's actually about June 2, 1999. Jules begins looking it up. Cosgrove says that Malone is a murderer. I'm thinking there was a car accident and someone Cosgrove cares/cared for died.

There was a car accident, a roll over that caught fire. The driver was pronounced dead at the scene. Sam, Ed and Wordy have found a file on Malone and send it back to Jules in a squad car.

Malone begins talking about June 2, 1999. Cosgrove says Malone was drunk and shouldn't have been driving. Malone says he wasn't driving, that Cody Ackerman was. They were driving and Cody was playing with some cassette tapes and didn't see the turn. Cosgrove doesn't believe it.

Malone's assistant arrives and Jules goes to talk to her. She says there's no way he could have been driving because there was a full investigation that said he wasn't.

Cosgrove's producer says he has a brother living in town and Greg gets Spike on looking him up. She says Cosgrove had a visitor a week or so ago who got him all riled up, and then he started drinking again. Turns out that Cody's mother came to see Cosgrove and she knew Cosgrove when he was younger. Anyone else thinking Cosgrove is Cody's father?

Spike finds the brother and has the following conversation:
Spike: I got a lead on Cosgrove's brother. First name: George. I got a work address: 505 Terminal. CJV Electronics. CJV was busted a couple of years ago. They were selling pirated operating systems.
Sam: How do you know that?
Spike: I know because I'm a highly trained officer on the cutting edge of 21st century investigation.
Sam: I thought it was because you're a geek.
Ed: He's not a geek, okay? He's a geek with combat skills. That's why the ladies love him.
Sam, Wordy and Ed climb into an SUV and everyone laughs at the snarking between Sam, Ed and Spike. Greg asks, "Eddie what's your ETA?" and Sam answers, "10 mins away." Gee, I didn't know Sam had changed his name to Eddie.

Cosgrove asks Malone if he's been a politician so long that he's forgotten how to tell the truth and Malone says he won't lie just to save his own life. Malone thinks it's just the booze talking, that Cosgrove won't really kill him.

Greg's talking to Cody's mother, Janet, asking how well Cosgrove knew Cody and why he'd be willing to kill a man over his death. Janet says that by the time she got to the accident scene, Malone's father was 'glad-handing' the LEOs and before she knew it, Cody was being blamed for the whole thing. Greg presses for a motive and she admits that Cosgrove was Cody's father.

I think it's amusing how they're still trying to make people think it's not set in Canada because when asked about Cosgrove's relationship with Cody, Janet said that while Cody was growing up, Cosgrove 'was on the west coast'. Of course, I could be wrong and Canadians could call BC 'the west coast' but it feels very American to me.

The reason Cosgrove started drinking again is because she told him that he was Cody's father. She tells Greg that she was only with Cosgrove once before she married Gary. And as far as Cody and Gary knew, they were father and son. She only told Cosgrove now because Gary's gone and she felt that Cosgrove needed to know.

Sam, Ed and Wordy show up at George's work and try to get him to tell them where his brother is. He finally admits he has a condo downtown. The Team head over to that address.

Jules discovers that Malone's assistant knew Cody and Malone in college and she is protecting him more than just an assistant would.

Greg calls Cosgrove and tries to talk him down by saying he'll launch an investigation and Cosgrove doesn't want an investigation. Greg admits he knows that Cody was his son and Cosgrove goes quiet then cuts the call. Malone is surprised by the news of Cody's paternity.

Cosgrove begins telling his version of the story. Malone tries to interrupt but Cosgrove won't let him. I'm beginning to think that the assistant, Nicole was driving.

Malone breaks down and says he wishes he had stopped Cody from getting behind the wheel and if he could go back, he would and he's been trying to atone for that mistake ever since.

Jules tries to get Nicole to tell her the truth but she refuses. Jules tells her they have an eye witness and Nicole says the frat guy was drunk and that's why he's story wasn't believed.

The Team has arrived at the condo and Sam can't get a shot because of the curtains.

Jules calls Greg and tells him she knows the true story. Greg calls Cosgrove and tells him that Cody wouldn't want this. Cosgrove says Greg didn't know Cody and Malone says, neither did Cosgrove. He pokes the bear by saying he had a real dad, the man Janet choose to marry. Malone keeps taunting Cosgrove until he says, "Time's up" and puts the gun to Malone's temple.

Jules has Nicole call Cosgrove to tell him the truth. She says that Cody wasn't driving and neither was Malone. She admits it was her. They were talking and she missed a curve, going too fast. She was Cody's girlfriend. She was scared and Malone said to put Cody behind the wheel so that he'd take the blame so that her life wouldn't be ruined. Malone then made her run away so she wouldn't be involved. Cosgrove is shocked that Malone was telling the truth. He asks why Malone let Cody take the blame and Malone insists it was because it's what Cody would have wanted; he was that kind of guy. Cosgrove then cocks the gun and puts it to his own head. The Team bursts in, in time to stop him.

Nicole is arrested for the involuntary murder of Cody Ackerman and leaving the scene of an accident. Cosgrove is arrested for kidnapping. Malone is arrested for accessory after the fact, for helping Nicole cover up the fact that she was the one driving.

to the top

The Farm

We open with the team approaching a barn where sounds of distress can be heard. They don gas masks and Greg orders everyone inside to stand back.

We flashback to 3 hours earlier and a woman arrives at a gas station. When she can't make the pump work, a man putting gas in another car tells her she has to pay inside first. He notices she seems upset and she hesitantly goes inside the store. A couple leaves and it's just the woman and the teenage clerk. She tells him she needs some money and he points her to the ATM. She pulls a gun and demands he empty the register. The man from earlier sees the gun and calls 9-1-1. However much is in the register isn't enough. A woman and little girl come in from the bathroom and the first woman demands her car and takes the woman and girl hostage just as the police arrive. The woman with the gun keeps saying she can't let them take her.

At the station, Ed is beating up on a heavy bag and Wordy tells him to take it easy. Ed says Clark wants to go to a party where the parents aren't home and Wordy reminds him he probably did the same, which is why Ed doesn't want him to go. Wordy reminds him his son plays the cello so Ed probably doesn't have anything to worry about. I say it's the quiet ones you have to worry about the most.

Team One is called out and they talk to the man who called 9-1-1 and then run the plates on the car, which expired fifteen years ago.

Wordy and Leah head to the back door and the woman with the gun asks if there's another way out. The mother asks her to just give herself up. Greg tells her he's going to call and wants her to answer. She demands he leave her alone and only answers the questions about the hostages.

Spike has found a picture of the owner of the car, it's the woman in the store. Jules says the registration address is for the woman's parents' house.

Sam manages to get a snake camera inside.

Rachel's parents say she's been living at a place called The Farm which is a rehab place. She started drinking at 14 and then moved on to coke by 16. Her parents insisted she go into rehab.

Greg can see inside and is listing, for the auto translator, how many people are inside. Rachel doesn't have a record and no one's able to find out why she doesn't like cops. Greg asks for tactical options and Leah immediately suggests blowing through the door. Can she be anymore Human? Ed says it's a no-go with the little girl inside. Greg decides to see if he can get Rachel to let the little girl go. Rachel thinks he's trying to get her to open the door so he can shoot her. He asks for just the mother and her daughter. She agrees.

Rachel's father is telling Jules about The Farm. After she got clean, she refused to come home. They eventually found out that Rachel married the man who runs it. When they tried to see her, she told them to leave her alone, saying they were a negative influence on her life.

Jules heads over to The Farm and Ed goes with her. He puts Sam in charge. What?! Wordy's next in the chain of command after Ed.

When Rachel lets the mother and daughter go, she freaks when she sees all the cops with their guns. She turns her gun on the clerk, demanding he tell her how to get out.

At The Farm, Ed and Jules approach the gates and see a kid stacking branches. When they call to him he turns and runs off into the woods. An older man exits and tells them it's private property and asks what they want. Ed tells him it's about his wife and the boy, Isaac, says he's mother would never do that. Charles lets them in but wants them to leave their weapons outside. Ed says it's against regs and he lets them keep them.

Charles was unaware that Rachel had left. He sends Isaac to finish his chores and then finish his homework. Charles tries to make Ed and Jules think Rachel's fallen off the wagon. Jules makes a comment about the electric fence and Charles says that the world is a dangerous place. Ed asks to speak with some of Rachel's friends and Charles says no. Another man then approaches and tells Charles he needs to talk to him.

When Ed tells Greg of his suspicions, Greg allows Leah to have her way with a forceful entry into the store. When they arrest Rachel, she tells Greg that Charles is planning on killing everyone at The Farm and she needs to protect her son.

Greg tells Ed and Jules about it and then asks Spike to get info on Charles. Turns out Charles is a former drug addict himself and started The Farm twenty years ago. Eight years ago a woman named Linda went into The Farm for treatment and her husband said that Charles was keeping her against her will. It gave the police probable cause to raid the place but they didn't find anything.

Jules and Ed begin asking questions. The first woman they ask says that Rachel doesn't appreciate Charles. Turns out she's Linda, the woman whose husband asked the police to intervene.

Ed approaches Isaac and asks about his mother and his life on The Farm. Isaac tells Ed his mother should never have left. Ed figures out that Charles is maintaining a cult mentality with his 'clients'.

Greg tries to talk Rachel down by reminding her that Charles is the one threatening her son.

Ed begins searching the place and enters a barn. The man who first appeared to ask to speak with Charles, appears behind him, holding a gun. He orders Ed to drop the gun. Ed tells him that the safety is on and that he's holding an MP5 submachine gun. It fires 800-rounds per minute at 400 meters per second. Who do you think would win in a fight between the two, hm? Isaac then approaches from the side and tells Ed that Charles was right, the police can't be trusted. Ed tries to defuse the situation by telling Isaac that he's not the threat at this time. Isaac is so jumpy that Ed lowers his weapon and allows Isaac and James to disarm him. Jules tells Greg about it and Greg tells her to stay hidden for now.

On the way to The Farm, Greg demands Rachel tell him what's going on. She says Charles is hearing voices that tell him that killing his people is the only way to protect them. In the past people would get clean and then go home. Until about seven years ago when a man named Gary got clean, went home and then died of an over-dose. After that Charles refused to let anyone go home after they got clean.

Ed is in a room with Charles and sees him take some pills. Ed thinks he's using again, I think he might be sick.

Greg and the rest of the team arrive and there are other officers present. Greg has Spike take Rachel into the van to draw a map of the compound.

Jules has set up a sniper perch and says it appears that Charles is getting antsy because he has two armed guards at the gate.

Ed tries to talk Charles down by reminding him he's gonna be killing his own son. Greg calls Charles on Ed's phone. Charles tries to negotiate Ed's release for Rachel. Greg, of course, doesn't go for it.

Charles tells James to gather the supplies and get everyone into the barn because it's time.

Greg doesn't see talking as an option anymore. He asks Sam what the plan is and Sam says the best entry point is along the delivery road that, according to Rachel, not many people know about. When Sam sees that Greg is suited up, he asks if Greg's going with them and he says, "Well, figured need at least one bald guy in the field."

Isaac is left watching over Ed. Ed tries to get Isaac to cut him loose. Isaac says Ed won't be let go until Rachel comes home. Ed tells him that Greg won't let her come back just to be killed. Isaac wasn't aware that Charles is planning on killing everyone. Ed almost has Isaac on his side when another armed man approaches and calls Isaac to Charles' side.

The team cut through the electric fence and enter The Farm. Jules tells them that Ed's at the main house. Wordy and Leah take the guards at the gate while everyone else goes for Ed. Wordy and Leah take out the guards quickly and quietly and then open the gate.

Greg finds Ed and cuts him free. Ed jokes that him being tied to a chair is what it takes to get Greg out of the van (I think there should be some kink porn about Ed being tied to a chair while Greg fucks himself in Ed's cock, who's with me?) and Greg makes a comment about how Charles didn’t gag Ed (Ooo, another kink I didn't know I had). Ed tells Greg about the drugs he saw Charles take and they open the desk drawer and find painkillers. Greg has Winnie get in touch with the doctor that prescribed them.

Everyone is gathering at the barn and there are several kids. Are they children of the people living there or are they recovering addicts, too? Jules tells the team that she sees men carrying in buckets of chemicals that make up poison gas. Sam calls Wordy for gas masks.

Isaac approaches his father and demands to know what's going on. He can't believe Charles is going to kill everyone. Charles uses the 'I'm your father, do as I say' ploy and unfortunately it works. James spies Ed and Greg getting closer and tells Charles to go and he'll take care of them. Jules shoots him before he can shoot Ed and Greg.

Linda is concerned about them being locked in the barn and it spreads through the crowd. Charles begins to mix the chemicals and he tries to calm them, but it doesn't work.

Everyone rushes the doors and begins begging to be let out. And now we have the opening scene. Sam calls for something called an umbrella which I'm guessing is a tool used to pull off locked doors. Ed enters, looking for Charles only to see him and Isaac running out the back.

Winnie calls back with the info from the doctor. Ed and Sam catch up with Charles and he pulls a gun on Isaac, saying he'll kill him because he has to go with him. Ed tells him that he knows Charles has cancer. Charles says Isaac won't have any kind of life without him. Ed tries to talk him down by saying he knows "what it's like to want to protect your family, to keep them from making mistakes (I can see him mentally kicking himself here for how he's treating Clark) but at a certain point you have to trust that you've given them the tools to make the right decisions (again thinking of Clark and the party he wants to go to). Charles you have saved a lot of people here, you've saved their lives and you've raised a pretty great kid there. So, please don't rob him of the opportunity to live his life, Charles."

Charles then says he's sorry, over and over, that Isaac can't come with him. He releases him and tells him to go. Sam calls for Isaac and when he's save in Sam's custody, Charles kills himself. Isaac wants to go to his father, but Sam won't let him.

Ed reunites Isaac and Rachel, the other men are arrested, and Rachel's parents arrive and she introduces them to their grandson.

In the montage that's playing, Leah is the only one not standing with other members of Team One. Think they're trying to tell her something?

As they leave The Farm, Wordy asks Ed if he thinks Isaac will be okay. Ed says he thinks so because he has a good head on his shoulders. Ed then finally catches a clue and calls Clark to tell him he can go to his party. He then jokingly asks if he can go, too.

to the top

You Think You Know Someone

to the top

The Good Citizen

to the top

Behind The Blue Line

We open with Greg walking through the station yelling for Winnie, saying they need the war room. Winnie tries to tell him that Team Three has it already and he says he doesn't care. The Team comes in with Wordy and Spike arguing about Spike letting someone get the drop on [Spike interrupts him] and Spike says he was covering Wordy. Greg demands silence. Jules keeps demanding 'the files' from Winnie. There's a lot of confusion (for me) so I'm not real sure what's going on. Ed is trying to tell Sam something and Sam won't listen. Leah is actually just walking behind the Team, not saying anything. Sam is covered in blood. Greg sends Ed off to give his statement to some guy in a suit and Winnie locks the Team in the war room.

Three hours earlier, two men are discussing the demolition on an old historic building. The man who owns it wants it done next week and the contractor says it isn't going to happen. The two men enter the arena, it's where the local hockey team plays/played, and the man who wants the building torn down, now, is shot in the leg.

Team One is called out. They arrive and everyone gears up. They are a very well oiled machine (despite the fact that CBS hasn't allowed us to see how Leah has learned to work with her new team). The man who was shot, is demanding that the Team get in there and 'put his tax dollars to work'. Spike removes his bandage to see the wound and they get some idea of where the shooter was.

Team One enters the building and Greg begins talking about seeing Elvis play in 1957. Is Greg old enough to have seen that? Ed tells him to focus. Aw, I just love when he takes care of his Mate. They get to the arena and Spike extends a telescope mirror to see if he can see the shooter. A shot is fired. He does it again and figures out that the 'shooter' is a rifle rigged to fire when anyone crosses into the arena.

Jules informs them of a secure VIP room where the shooter may be holed up.

Sam and Leah go find the rifle.

Greg, Ed, Spike and Wordy head to the VIP room and set up the command center. Spike lists all the famous people who have been inside the building over the years. They start throwing out motives and Ed says he needs to get on the floor but that's most likely where all the traps are so he tells Spike to get him a ball camera. Jules has a hit on the rifle. It's registered to a former pro player.

Ed throws the ball camera and they get a good look at the arena. It's a typical sporting arena. Ed and Wordy begin making their way across the floor and the shooter takes aim and fires.

No one can find where he's hiding. Ed says they need to regroup. The owner of the rifle was at home and the gun is his hunting rifle. He says he didn't know it was missing. Greg calls it 'hinky'. A voice comes over the PA and says, "Your unit is trespassing. Leave the building immediately. I repeat, you are trespassing. Leave right now." They figure out he's most likely in the announcer booth. Greg says, "We're heading up there" and I'm not sure who he means. Spike tells him that the corridor is exposed and to be careful. They arrive and find the booth empty. Greg picks up the mike and Spike discovers that the wires have been cute.

Sam thinks the man may have a military background.

The shooter calls Ed with Greg's phone and tells them to leave. The way into the VIP room is guarded so how did he get Greg's phone? Wordy pulls some heat sensor thing out of a pack and they find a handprint on the wall that reveals a hidden corridor. Wordy tells about how the ushers used to tell the kids about hidden rooms and passageways. Sam wants to check it out and Leah says she'll go with him. Ed agrees to send the two Humans out together. The passageway ends in the team locker room. Suddenly there's an explosion and Sam tells Leah to get back and not touch him.

Sam's arm is smoking and he yells for Wordy to throw water on him. It's white phosphorus. It confirms the man is military. Sam was lucky that it didn't break the skin and get in his bloodstream.

Jules calls that Winnie cross referenced recent vets with criminal records and came up with 37 names. Leah is shocked that they let people with records in the military and Greg, and Sam, say they got the records after they came home.

One of the ushers shows up and says the shooter could be in 'the bunker'. The hidden apartment of the owner of the hockey team.

Sam tries to reach the guy through his military background. Turns out the guy knew Sam's father.

The former usher takes Ed, Wordy, Spike and Leah on a search for the hidden room.

The shooter finally calls and Sam and he talk about the '94 playoffs, last time Sam was in the arena.

The owner of the rifle, Max Dykstra, shows up and is pissed he's being treated as a criminal. Jules tells him he's not leaving until he tells her who the shooter is.

Greg is telling Sam what to say. The shooter tells Sam he was taught how to play each position so he could cover at any time and Sam says it sounds like his unit. Which one? The military one ot the SRU one?

Jules is trying to force the Max's hand by telling him she can get a list of names of all the men he's coached and it'll take even less time to find a name in common. He finally spills with Darren Kovacs.

Greg has Winnie find everything she can on him.

Max tells Jules about the first time he saw Darren play; when he was eight.

Darren is waxing poetic about being in the arena.

Max says he was inches away from going pro but he decided to go serve. When he came back he left part of him behind in the desert.

The usher thinks he's found the hidden room. Ed confirms and calls Greg.

Max says when Darren visited recently he was blank, empty and wouldn't tell him what happened overseas.

Darren is upset that they're tearing down the one place he was truly happy and makes a comment about condoms in the parking lot.

Spike, Wordy, Ed and Leah enter the room and find pictures with the letters S-Y-O-T-O-S written on top. Sam says it's not a military thing. Ed finds another exit and they go through, chasing Darren through a passage and out into the arena corridor where Darren throws a flashbang.

Sam joins in but Darren's disappeared. He then cuts the power. Sam thinks he knows Darren. I really hate how Human Sam is here, questioning his Alpha and Beta.

Darren's father shows up.

Sam calls Darren and tries to talk him down.

Darren's father, Andrew, says he didn't want his son serving but couldn't tell him what to do. Jules brings up a picture of his unit and Max and Andrew indentify members of his hockey team and tell her that an IED killed his three best friends but Darren walked away without a scratch. Sam begins telling Darren that he also served with his best friend, Ben and he died. Greg thinks he might be lying.

Jules asks Andrew if the letters on the picture mean anything and he says he has no clue. I'm beginning to think it might be the hockey team motto.

Darren feels guilty because he had stopped to take a drink and that's why he wasn't injured when his friends were killed. Sam tells Darren that the shot that killed Ben was from his rifle. Sam had been given the green-light but Ben was in the wrong place and it was too late. Darren is on the edge and Sam tries to talk him down by saying he thought it was over for him too, but he found something else. I'm not believing this because Sam came to the Team straight from Iraq and he has been too gun-ho to have truly lost someone in this manner. Even if it was a previous tour, he wouldn't be so Human about being a sniper in the SRU.

Darren says he's tired and Sam has him almost ready to come in. Sam tells him to come down the escalators to the concession center and Darren says no, center ice but Sam's to go alone. Ed calls for Sam's rifle and gives orders for everyone to cover Sam. Greg asks how they can trust Darren and the lights come back on.

Andrew says that Darren was sent home from his tour early. The military said that he was not eligible for active duty anymore. Guess that means they knew he had problems?

So, Sam, Spike, Wordy and Greg enter the ice and from the other side is a man wearing a vest and ball cap with his hands up and head down. Sam thinks it's Darren but it's not. Darren has Spike and says, "See, Sam? I'm a good soldier." Wordy gets the man posing as Darren to get on the ground.

Sam tries to get him to let Spike go but he won't. Darren says, "See ya on the other side" steps out from behind Spike and aims at Sam. Ed shots and kills him. Sam takes it hard.

The other man is a security guard who was taken hostage by Darren.

Andrew tries to go see Darren but the uniforms won't let him in.

Sam keeps saying they didn't have to shoot him. Keeps saying he knew Darren. Spike goes right to the heart of the matter by saying he thinks that Sam was trying to save Darren in place of Ben. Jules tells Sam that Darren was deemed unfit to serve due to his PTSD and Greg figures out that the letters on the picture mean, "See ya on the other side". Darren was looking for a way to die. So basically he suicided by cop. This hits Sam hard. Sam says he doesn't belong on the Team because he lost his objective, his focus and put his team at risk.

In the locker room, Sam's locker is empty and Ed tries to talk him out of leaving. He tells him about the support group him and Greg attend every week.

Max visits the hockey team locker room with Andrew and the former usher walks the ice.

The Team put Sam's crap back in his locker and he accepts that they want him to stay and they all walk out together.

to the top

As much as I enjoyed doing the reviews in the past, I seem to have lost interest in it. I'm sorry for those that were reading them but I'm sure there are other places where you can find a review.

back | email me

This site and its contents ©2009. All rights reserved.