Go to notes and disclaimers

The Clash
by Jim Morrison


Chapter V
Past and Present Collide

Aragorn cast a worried look at Boromir as he stood up from his chair. Although he didn't want to show it, he was uneasy about Boromir's being called to the office. Even though he knew that he wasn't in trouble, Aragorn couldn't help but to feel over-protective of his lover. Aragorn's mind gave a jolt at the word that had slipped so easily into his mind.

Lover. Not friend, mate or boyfriend. But lover. It made him utterly amazed at the ease that the word had become intertwined with the blonde punk. It also surprised him that he was feeling so strongly about someone that he had known for no more than several hours at the most. He knew that his emotions were true in regards to Boromir. Despite the brevity of their acquaintance, he knew that he was deeply in love with the other man.

He also knew that he would, at that moment, do everything in his power to keep him safe from any harm. The vulnerability that Boromir had shown him in the hallway was the main reason that he felt that way. He never wanted to hear Boromir speak with such bitterness. Nor did he want for Boromir to live through such pain again. Boromir was his lover and he would be damned if he let that love whither away without a fight.

Thinking this, Aragorn watched mutely as Boromir walked past him on his way to the door. As he watched the other boy leave, Aragorn frowned as he realized he had no way of contacting his lover. Despite all that had happened, they hadn't really had time to give each other their numbers. It normally wouldn't have bothered Aragorn if it hadn't been for the fact that this year school had started on Friday, which would then be followed by Labour day weekend. So it would be four and a half days before he could actually talk to Boromir and make things official between them.

Once he had realized this, Aragorn had to fight hard to suppress his groan of disappointment. Great. Just great. He had just hooked up with an awesome guy and the fates looked to be conspiring against him already. This was just freaking lovely. Someone up there didn't like him very much.

So sunk was he in his misery that he nearly missed the small, folded up slip of paper that landed in his lap before Boromir got to the door. Puzzled, Aragorn looked down at the paper before looking up at Boromir, who only gave him a small wink before he exited the door and pulled the door closed behind him. Curious now, Aragorn opened the paper and nearly jumped out of his seat with glee when he saw what was written on it: "A. Sucks that I had to leave. Call me. B." Below the hastily scribbled message was Boromir's number

Folding it up carefully, Aragorn quickly slipped the small paper in his pocket. He knew what Mr. Haldir would do if he saw him ogling the note in the middle of his class. Not only would he get a detention, he would also lose Boromir's number and that was something that he couldn't let happen at any cost. No sense in letting that happen, despite the temptation that the slip of paper presented.

Sighing happily, Aragorn then slumped back in his chair and proceeded to pay attention to whatever lecture it was that Haldir was droning on about. ~~~

"Thank-god it was a short day today." Legolas commented as he and Aragorn walked to their house, all the while smoking a cigarette between them. Aragorn nodded. "No kidding, eh? I thought I was going to die having to listen to Mr. Tsukiyono in Bio." He shook his head and took a drag from the cigarette Legolas had just passed him. "It's just that Bio is sooo boring and Tsukiyono is soo hyper. I swear, he's worse than Sam sometimes."

Legolas snorted. "It's better than having Mr. Intensity Yuy for Maths. He's so fucken freaky, it's not even funny! I think he could make people cry by just staring at them long enough."

Aragorn sort of snickered before he passed the half-smoked cigarette over to Lee.

"I know he's freaky, but Mr. Fujiyama is ten times worse. I think he'd be more likely to do that than Mr. Yuy. You know, I don't think he's actually human at all."

Legolas shook his head and passed the cigarette back. "Yeah. But whatever, man! It's Friday! Who cares about them right now? We gotta think about more important things. Like partying!"

Aragorn looked at Lee thoughtfully. "What do you have in mind?" He asked the elf before chucking the cigarette into the gutter. Legolas smirked. "I don't know. Maybe something small. Just to celebrate going back to school and the fact that you're finally gonna get some."

Aragorn glared at Legolas and whacked him one that probably would have knocked him into the middle of next week if his aim hadn't been messed up by Lee's dodging his blow and getting only half of the impact that Aragorn had put in the blow.

"Aww. Aragorn is embarrassed?" Legolas teased his brother. With a growl, Aragorn began to chase the elf to their home. Laughing lightly, Legolas ran, all the while teasing Aragorn about his lover and the cosy domestic setting that he would build with Boromir and the possible off-spring that could emerge from the union.

"You are so dead, elf!" Aragorn had yelled as they made their way up the large lawn in front of the modestly sized house that Arathorn Strider had bought for his family long before Aragorn was even thought. He had bought such a large house since he believed that he would fill it with lots of children when he had married Gilraen Dunedin. But his dreams had been torn to pieces when she had nearly died after giving birth to his only son. She had survived, but Aragorn was the only child in the large house.

Legolas laughed. "You gotta catch me, Estel!" He called out as he made his way up to the porch and jumped onto the cement steps. He would have been scot-free and into the house if it hadn't been for the large swath of leaves that he technically should have thrown into the compost heap before rushing off to school that morning. "Yaaah!" Legolas yelped as he skidded on the slippery leaves and landed in a crumpled heap at the base of the wooden steps leading up to the porch. Which gave Aragorn ample time to tackle the elf and tickle him mercilessly as payback for the comments he had been making earlier.

"Hey! Estel! No! Don't! Stop it! Please! Come on!" Legolas pleaded as he tried to roll away from his brother's hands. Although he was trying to get away from Aragorn, his cape and loose shirt hampered his movements so much that he had no choice but to lay still and squirm out of Aragorn's grasp. But that didn't work too well, since all it did was to make him a horribly easy target, not to mention utterly cramped up from laughing and gasping as he was tickled to near-death.

"Had enough?" Aragorn asked after he collapsed on the ground beside Legolas, a satisfied smirk on his face as he watched the elf pant heavily, his full black lips parted as he gulped in air.

The elf didn't reply right away, since his body was still seized up fairly badly and he was trying to relax as much as possible before it became more painful than it already had been. After several minutes though, he had relaxed enough to be able to give Aragorn an answer.

"I submit to your superiority, Strider." Legolas said as he rolled onto his side and propped his head on the palm of his hand in order to watch the other boy, who was lying on his back with his arms folded underneath his head and his bright blue eyes closed to mere slits.

"That's right." Aragorn replied, opening his eyes and smiling up into Lee's face. "And don't you forget it." He reminded the elf as he reached up and pushed a heavy hank of black hair behind a delicate, bejewelled ear.

Lee laughed. "I don't think I will." He admitted before flopped down beside the human and looked up at the flawless autumn sky above him.

"But I'm still glad that you have Boromir as your lover rather than either of two witches."

Although he knew he was probably going to get a strong reaction from Aragorn over the flippant comment, he still had to snicker when he heard the strangled gasp coming form his left.

"How... how... did you know?" Aragorn asked in a choked voice as he lay on his side and faced Legolas, his face a mask of shocked curiosity as he looked at the elf lying beside him.

Lee smiled at Aragorn before he spoke. Although the smile was warm, there was something in it that made the human feel slightly sad and curious. Almost as if Legolas had knowledge of something more than what he himself had.

"He's easy to love, Aragorn." Legolas replied, his voice full of a wistful remembrance as he spoke.

Aragorn sat up and looked at Legolas closely, his brow furrowed as he put two and two together.

"Did you and Boromir... have something? Before?" Aragorn asked softly, feeling curious and worried about the answer that he would get from the elf.

Lee laughed. "I think you could say that." He stretched out before he elaborated on his statement.

"It started after we went to St. Victorie in grade ten. We had always been friends, but during the summer, it sort of changed. He was really depressed and stressed out because Faramir was sick. I was messed up because of what happened in my family."

He broke off and looked away in order to give himself a moment to compose himself. Even though his father had been dead for years, and his brothers out of his life for many years; the humiliation and pain was still present and could spill over. The danger of his emotions spilling over was the reason why he seldom spoke of his past to anyone. He hated losing control and letting people see the scars that his up-bringing had given him, since he didn't believe in letting just anyone see what he was like deep inside.

Although Aragorn was impatient to know what had happened between them, he also knew that Lee needed time to pull himself away from the darkness of his past. He had learned the hard way that Legolas resented any intrusion whenever he was feeling emotional. He didn't like having information pried out of him which he would gladly give it to you later, when he was calmer and felt the time was suitable for it. If you pushed him, he would simply close himself off and refuse to even acknowledge your presence. Sometimes, he would resent the person so much that he would cut them out of his life permanently.

"During that time, I guess that I fell in love with him. But I didn't want to complicate our friendship, so I said nothing. I thought that we could have a chance together, but a guy called Casey Masen decided he wanted Boromir for himself."

Aragorn's eyes narrowed at the name. "He did something to Boromir, didn't he?"

Legolas looked away before he spoke again. "I suspect he did. I don't know for sure. But I know that Boromir changed because of Casey. I tried to comfort him after what happened with him, maybe make him forget it altogether, but it was a futile effort on my part, since Boromir was shipped off to St. Joseph's soon after thanks to Casey's efforts and I ended up with you in St. Ig's."

Aragorn snorted angrily. "What exactly did this Casey do?"

Legolas smiled bitterly. "He picked a fight with him in order to save his reputation. He could fool around with Boromir after-school and be out when none of his buddies were around, but when they were around, it was utterly different. Boromir was just a nuisance. Not cool enough."

Aragorn shook his head angrily. "I hope Boromir beat the fuck out of him."

Legolas grinned mirthlessly at his brother's uncharacteristic use of swear words.

"Suffice to say that Casey isn't as pretty as he was before and we'll leave it at that. I don't want to waste anymore time talking about that waste of skin."

Aragorn flopped back down again beside his brother and sighed angrily.

"I really hate Casey about now, Lee. I really hate him." Lee nodded.

"I know. I hate him too. Not just because he destroyed the chance for me to have a possible relationship with Boromir, but also because he hurt him so badly that he will never be the same again."

After that statement, they both fell silent and just lay watching the clouds as they contemplated Boromir. "Do you still have feelings for him, Lee?" Aragorn asked, breaking the silence that lay between them.

Legolas thought about the question. He did care for Boromir. He would always care for him. Hell, they had been through so much together that there was no way they could ever sever the bond that had been forged between them. But the bond that they shared was one of friendship and brotherly love. He wasn't the one for Boromir. As much as he had wanted it so, he knew that Aragorn was the one destined to take that role.

"Romantically. No. I am not the one for him. But I will always care for him. And I will always try to keep him from harm in any way that I can." He then looked at Aragorn. "Even if the harm comes from you."

Aragorn laughed softly. "You don't have to worry about that ever happening. I love him, Lee. I will make sure that no harm will ever come to him. You have my word on it, Lee. I swear."

Legolas looked at him sharply before finally nodding his assent.

"I believe you, Estel. And I hope you are happy with him. He deserves it. More than anyone else I know." Aragorn swallowed the lump in his throat with great difficulty.

"I hope I can make it so, Lee. He is the other half of me. I will not have him unhappy or hurt if I can help it."

~~~

Chapter VI: Tender

larrikin75@hotmail.com

The Clash
Jim Morrison
Disclaimers: Don't own. Don't sue. No money.
Warnings: Sap, Past angst.
Feedback: Begging on my knees?
Archiving: The Fellow_Ship, Boromir: A hero's Journey and anyone that wants it.
Notes: Umm. I'm kinda running out of characters to fill out my roster, so other characters will come in from other places. Mr. Fujiyama and Tsukiyono are from Weiss Kreuz, Mr. Yuy is from Gundam Wing. Okay. Let's get going now.

back to top


Home
[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Gallery] [Links] [Guestbook] [Writers' Resources] [Home]