Go to notes and disclaimers

The Clash
by Jim Morrison


Chapter IV
Going to the Chapel... gonna get married??!!

What the hell am I doing here
I don't belong here.
Cause I'm a creep.
I'm a weirdo.
—Radiohead.

The kiss was savage and drawn out, almost feral in its intensity. Tongues and mouths fought each other for dominance, bodies followed suit. Aragorn pushed himself up against Boromir unconsciously, his body trying to meld into the other boys' as the harsh and welcome emotions scorched their path through his veins. The lust he felt for Boromir was so strong that he had forgotten everything around him. All that he cared about was the wintergreen taste of Boromir's mouth and the feel of his arms around his over-heated body.

He wanted Boromir. Wanted him like there was no fucken tomorrow. Wanted him so bad that his hand was already making its way to the loose waist-band of Boromir's jeans. All rational thought had fled from Aragorn's mind as soon as his lips had touched the other boys' Not even with Arwen or Eowyn had he felt this intense desire. This need. It was more than lust.

Boromir didn't resist Aragorn's assault. He was too consumed with the softness of Aragorn's lips on his that he wouldn't have noticed if a car-bomb had exploded behind him. It had been so long since he had actually been desired by someone, never mind kissed that his mind was in an utter roil. On one hand, he was ready to lay down and let Aragorn have his way with him and damn all the consequences later. On the other hand, Haldir's history class was waiting and it wouldn't do for him to skip out of it. The last complicated factor was the suddenly painful memory of Casey when he heard the low growl emerge from Aragorn's throat.

Growling deep in his throat, Aragorn pushed Boromir backwards until he had pinned him against the wall, trapped between the unyielding cement and his own body; ready to tear his clothes off when a loud hooting made both boys freeze like deer caught in headlights. "Go Strider! Go!" Aragorn suppressed a groan before he reluctantly stopped kissing a half-dazed Boromir and turned to look at the noisy peanut-gallery composed of the misfits of the school standing behind him.

"Danny. Sam. Glor." The names were spoken with a harshness that was at odds with the usual aloofness that Aragorn usually was possessed of, showing how utterly peeved he was.

"Don't you guys have something else to do? Like go to class?" Elladan, or Danny, as he was usually called, laughed softly at the pointed comment.

"Oh? Like you shouldn't be in class either, Mr. Local God of the school?" Danny teased him good-naturedly. Aragorn cast him a withering look for about three seconds before shaking his head ruefully. He looked at a blushing Boromir with a sympathetic look on his face before turning around and doing his best to shield him from the two elves and the hobbit. Although they weren't assholes like Arwen and the others, they still could drive him to homicidal tendencies with their teasing. And he really wasn't in the mood to endure being teased about kissing someone. Or having Boromir subjected to the caliber of their teasing.

"If I am the Local God, Danny, then it is news to me." Aragorn returned coolly before giving Danny and the others the Evil Eye, and telling them to piss off at the same time. Danny only grinned before flopping his waist-length braid over his shoulder and looking at Glorfindel with a sidelong glance. The golden-haired elf, who had deep blue and forest-green streaks in his hair to match the army fatigues he was so fond of wearing only raised an eyebrow. Sam, the scruffy skater and the most openly gay student at St. Ig's only smirked at Aragorn.

This was a thing that Aragorn was utterly grateful for since it meant that Sam hadn't ingested the usual amount of Pixie sticks and Mountain Dew that made him act like a rabid weasel in heat. Make that a very grabby rabid weasel in heat. Aragorn still recalled the look on Frodo's face when Sam had launched himself into his lap and had sung his rendition of "Like a Virgin" while practically molesting the terrified hobbit. It had been absolutely priceless, Aragorn recalled. He still brought it up occasionally whenever Frodo got a little snotty and decided to speculate on why Aragorn hadn't remained with either Eowyn or Arwen after going out with them for four months each. It was a slightly mean manoeuver, but it kept Frodo from poking into areas that he definitely shouldn't explore. Especially since Frodo couldn't keep his mouth shut to save his life.

Danny smirked slightly and looked back at Aragorn. Although he was having fun making Aragorn squirm, he didn't want to piss him off too badly. He was a fairly decent guy who was nice to everyone that he came across and was well liked by almost everyone in the school. Everyone except Arwen and Eowyn, who despite trying to bed him at every opportunity, didn't really like him that much. Danny suspected it had to do with the fact that Aragorn didn't give a damn for social status and did nothing to encourage the popularity that had somehow fallen on him.

Danny winked at Aragorn. "Yeah. You are kiddo. And you'd better get to class unless you want to spend your afternoon with Haldir. Take it easy and don't try to molest Boromir in the halls anymore. I know the boy's hot, but at least wait until you get him into the Drama Room."

Glor laughed at Danny's lewd, yet amusing comments and at the red faces of Aragorn and the boy Lee had told him, Danny and Sam was called Boromir Denethorson.

"You're lucky you got him harassing you" Glor addressed the silent Boromir, who looked like he was caught in the throes of mortification and thwarted lust. Although his face was slightly flushed and his expression was blank, the dangerous emerald fire in his eyes told Glor the whole story. Which in turn made him continue his story in an effort to ease the awkwardness of the entire situation.

"Oh?" Boromir asked, taking the line that the elf was offering him. Glor nodded, making the small blue braid by his earlobe swish back and forth.

"Yeah. You weren't victim of a random flashing this morning!" Boromir's face lost its neutral mask at the words and was replaced by a wobbly grin.

"Funny. From what Lee told me, you and Elrohir really got into the show." Boromir shot back quietly, making the others snort with laughter. The oddness of the moment had been broken between them and they were now at ease with each other, choosing to focus on Glor's and Elrohir's humiliation.

Glor shook his head fervently. "Sha. Right. I like girls. They're okay. But to have boobs waggled in your face.." He scrunched up his face at the distasteful memory. " I don't know about you, but I really don't fancy nearly getting my hand ripped off when I'm testing the timing chain on my car." Glor replied tartly.

Danny rolled his eyes before slapping Glor on the back. Hard. "Sure, Glory baby. Sure."

Glor scowled darkly at Danny. "Fuck you, Danny." He hissed angrily. Danny smirked.

"Wait till we have drama, yon pervert." The dark-haired elf replied before Glor punched him so hard that even Boromir winced in sympathy.

"See ya then. Glor's getting impatient." Danny said, departing and getting yet another whack from Glor, which made him howl in pain again, much to the amusement of Sam and to a lesser, extent Aragorn and Boromir.

Aragorn waited until they were out of sight before he turned to look at Boromir, who was now leaning against the wall with his arms crossed and a pensive look on his face as he stared down at the floor as if it held the secrets of the universe in its dark and worn patterns. Rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment and uncertainty, he bit his lip as he tried to voice the feelings that were swirling about in his heart. He knew, from the way that Boromir was holding himself that he was fairly close to shutting himself off from him. He had seen Legolas do the same when he had just arrived at Aragorn's home and he was determined not to make the same mistake with Boromir. One wrong word, one mis-step and he knew that Boromir would be lost to him.

"Boromir?" He asked, his voice soft. Boromir raised his head and looked at Aragorn, his expression one of such weary resignation that made him suddenly look older and sadder than any seventeen-year old should be. The change in Boromir's expression made Aragorn's hear clench painfully. Oh bloody hell! Did Boromir think he had just kissed him for a lark? Or worse, that he just wanted him for a quick screw and nothing more?

Aragorn opened his mouth to speak, but Boromir beat him to it.

"So what did that mean, Aragorn?" He asked, his voice hardly above a whisper. "Do you want me just a quick fuck or do you want me?"

The last question was spoken harshly, with a very powerful venom colouring the words. The tone was so bitter, so pained that it made Aragorn step closer to the golden haired boy and put his hands on his shoulders to offer some sort of comfort. Although he knew that Boromir wasn't really comfortable with his touch, he couldn't bear not to touch him. The pain he had heard in his voice made him want to take him and protect him from any future hurt. The thought of Boromir having endured such pain was intolerable.

It also made him more determined to have Boromir with him by his side. He needed him. Wanted him. He also, despite the short time that he had spent with him, knew without any doubts that he had fallen in love with him.

"I know that it was sudden, to kiss you in such a manner." Aragorn spoke slowly, all too aware that Boromir was showing him a very fragile side of himself and risking humiliation and rejection by doing so. He had to tread lightly and carefully in order to elicit the love and trust that he so desperately needed, craved and wanted from the man before him.

"I know that I may have surprised you. Maybe even shocked you. But I can assure you that I want you. Not anything that I can get from you. Just you." His hands then moved from Boromir's shoulders to cradle his face tenderly, thumbs then lightly stroking the still soft flesh of his cheeks.

Boromir's face crumpled at the gentle touch. Turning his face away, he closed his eyes and pressed his mouth to Aragorn's warm palm before he gave his answer.

"Are you sure?" He asked, his voice now hoarse as he spoke. "That you want me when you can have so many others?"

Aragorn laughed softly at Boromir's words. "The many others aren't you, Boromir. None of them have looked at me like I was a real person. None of them have ever thanked me sincerely you did. And that is part of the reason why I want you." He replied, his words low and almost seductive.

Boromir opened his eyes slightly and gave Aragorn a piercing look before speaking.

"What's the other part?" He asked quietly. Aragorn smiled slightly in return.

"I may be too forward in saying it so soon, but it is love for you." Aragorn replied before giving him yet another kiss, this time a gentle and chaste brushing over Boromir's lips.

Boromir eyes widened at the touch, but he didn't react strongly or unfavourably against the kiss. In fact, he was shocked at Aragorn's declaration. The idea of anyone apart form Faramir loving him was an idea that was totally foreign to him. Ever since he had come to terms with his sexuality, he had become resigned to being alone. Or being used to assuage a passing lust or a passing need for comfort and then discarded once he had become superfluous.

He smiled slightly before he pulled away from the other boy. "I don't know what to say to that. I really don't." The words made Aragorn stiffen slightly. Was Boromir rejecting him? Was he telling him that it wasn't enough? He waited impatiently to see what the other boy would do or say next.

Boromir rubbed the back of his neck before he stretched out his hand to the other boy.

"But I know it won't be no."

###

Celeborn looked down at the two young hobbits that were standing in front of him. They were scared and shivering as they looked up to him, their round faces marred with purple bruises. The sight of them looking so vulnerable made his heart ache and did a whole lot to dispel the annoyance he felt at having being saddled with two kids at the most inopportune time.

Sighing he picked up the phone and called up his wife to see if she could somehow help.

"Hello?" Galadriel picked it up at the first ring. "This better be good, Celeborn."

Celeborn laughed softly. "I guarantee that it is, Gilly." He said as he looked at the kids yet again.

"What is it?" Galadriel asked as she shuffled around some papers on her desk.

"We've got two more children from Social Services. And they were kind enough to leave them in the middle of my office when I got back from lunch."

"Nu. Uh-hu. I can't leave the office today. You're going to have to take care of them." Celeborn pinched the bridge of his nose. "I can take them home, Gilly. But I can't watch them for the rest of the day and believe me, they desperately need someone to be with them."

Galadriel sighed into the phone. "Are they worse than Boromir and Faramir?"

Celeborn looked at the boys once again. The older one looked tired and worn. New bruises were layered upon old ones and there were small cuts on the hands that clutched at the ragged back-pack that very possibly held all of his worldly possessions. The smaller one just looked lost and in the need of someone to hold him for a long time.

"About the same." Celeborn replied as he recalled when Boromir and Faramir had been unceremoniously dumped in the same fashion about six years before. He could still see Boromir's dirty, swollen and bandaged face and Faramir's bruised hands and tear-stained face as his brother comforted him. He could also recall the way Boromir had tried to keep him and Galadriel from getting too close to either of them. Recalling the hard six months that they had with Boromir and Faramir, he sincerely hoped that it wouldn't be as hard to win the trust of the two standing in front of him.

Galadriel swore softly. "I really hate to say this, but the best thing to do right now would be to take Boromir and Faramir out of school and have them spend some time with them until we get home."

Celeborn smiled slightly. " I'm sure the boys will be thrilled about the prospect. Gilly."

"I know they will be. But I'm sure their school won't be." She replied wryly.

Celeborn laughed. "I'm sure they will survive their disappointment." He turned and looked at the boys, who were now watching him with hopeful looks on their faces.

"Anyways, Gilly. I'll let you go now and get our guests settled. All right? I love you."

After Galadriel had returned the greeting, he hung up the phone and smiled at the boys.

"Are we going somewhere?" The younger boy asked, his eyes shining a deep, clear blue.

"Yes." The older one looked up, his eyes suspicious.

"Where?" He asked as he moved closer to his younger sibling.

"First to St. Ignatius to pick up Boromir and Faramir and then to your new home. Is that alright?"

The older hobbit looked thoughtful for several minutes before nodding his consent.

"They won't hit us, will they?" The younger one suddenly spoke up. Celeborn was taken aback. "No. No one is going to hit you." Celeborn assured him. The boy smiled shyly.

"Good. Me `n Merry don't like getting hit." He told Celeborn perkily. The older one, Merry glared at his brother. "Shut up Pippin!"

Celeborn shook his head. "It's okay, Pippin. Merry. Really. You don't have to worry about stuff right now, okay? Now why don't we get going? I'm sure that Boromir and Faramir will be happy to see you."

Pippin smiled and Merry looked slightly dubious at the prospect, but finally nodded for the sake of his brother. Even though he didn't really trust the tall elf in front of him, he decided he would make the effort for Pippin. The kid needed to smile more and he was damned if he wasn't going to make his little brother happy.

###

Mr. Haldir paused in his lecture as Boromir and Aragorn scurried late into his history class. He watched the two boys find seats before he resumed his lecture.

"Why are you late?" He asked calmly as he walked over to his desk.

"He's new and I had to show him where the bathroom was and we got sidetracked. Sorry Mr. Haldir." Aragorn said hurriedly, trying his best to sound contrite and apologetic at the same time.

Mr. Haldir raised a golden eyebrow before he looked at Aragorn and the new blond student.

"Your name, then?" He asked as he looked at his class list.

"Uh. Boromir Denethorson sir." Boromir answered softly. Mr. Haldir nodded and wrote something down and nodded before he returned to his lecture, making all the other students look at Aragorn and Boromir in ill-concealed envy. They all had, at one point or another, come in late and suffered the wrath of Haldir in the form of essays and detentions, not to mention tirades. To have the new scruffy looking kid and the school's Golden Boy come in late and not get into trouble at all was really galling. Especially to Arwen and Eowyn, who were sitting in the corner fuming at the apparent easiness that Aragorn and Boromir had eased through the entire morning's events.

"Anyways, as I was saying about World War and Canada's involvement..." He was cut off by the phone on his desk ringing, giving Boromir ample opportunity to wink at Aragorn as Haldir swore softly in Elvish before he answered the phone.

"Yes? Oh hello, Gandalf? Yes? He's here. What? Oh. Okay. I'll send him to the office. His brother's there. Fine. Bye."

Haldir hung up the phone and looked straight at Boromir, making the blonde teen squirm nervously in his seat under that cool grey gaze.

"Mr. Denethorson. Please go to the office. Your presence is required immediately."

~~~

Part V: Past and Present Collide

larrikin75@hotmail.com

The Clash
Jim Morrison
Disclaimers: Don't own, Don't sue. Can't get blood from a turnip.
Warnings: Still a whole lot of swearing. Mentions of childhood abuse and other unpleasant stuff. Sappy in some parts.
Pairings: Boromir/Aragorn.. others to come.
Feedback: Yes! Shamelessly begging.
Archiving: To whoever wants it, they can have it.
Notes: Things are a little darker here. They will probably get darker once we delve more into the past. On with the show.

back to top


Home
[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Gallery] [Links] [Guestbook] [Writers' Resources] [Home]