Go to notes and disclaimers

The Clash
by Jim Morrison


Chapter III
English, History and I think I love you. Shit.

As soon as Eomer Rohan had left, Gandalf sat down and picked up the phone and dialed the number for St. Joseph's High School.

"Hello?" Gandalf cracked a wide smile when he heard Isildur answer the phone.

"Isildur?" Gandalf asked, making the other man groan.

"Gandalf, if it's about transferring the Denethorson brothers out of St. Ig's, my answer is no. You asked for them and you got them. They're your problem now."

Gandalf sniggered to himself at Isildur's comments. It was a relief to hear Isildur was still the same as always.

"Actually, Izzy, I was calling to tell you that you owe me fifty bucks. Boromir Denethorson got into a fight at around eight-twenty five this morning, beating the record he had at St. Kilda's when you were the principal there."

Isildur was torn between laughing and groaning. Gandalf was the only one that could get away with treating him with such irreverence. "Did you throw him out?"

Gandalf laughed. "I was tempted for about two seconds, until I gathered that he had only got into the fight to save his brother from getting pounded into pulp and maybe even going into a coma." The last words were spoken lightly, but Isildur could detect a bitter undertone to them.

"It was a good thing that I ran into Strider in the hallway and managed to get him to tell me the whole story, since Boromir would have just remained quiet and sentenced himself with his silence even though he and I both knew he was innocent."

Isildur sighed softly. "Yeah. I know what you mean. He was like that ever since he started getting into fights. I don't blame him for thinking that way when so many other principals have done that to him."

Both men were silent for several moments before Gandalf broke the silence.

"Anyways, He's safe and out of trouble right now. And hopefully he'll stay out of trouble. The kid's got so much potential it would be a shame to let it go to waste."

Gandalf said before looking at the clock above the door.

"Look Isildur, I have to go now. Time's short and all that bull-shit. So see you later. And hopefully you'll have my fifty bucks next time we meet, right?"

Isildur laughed humourlessly. "Drop dead, Gandalf."

###

Aragorn and Boromir entered the room quietly and grabbed the nearest seats to the door and sat down as quickly and quietly as they could, not wanting to irritate Mr. Elrond. As they had walked to the class, Aragorn had given Boromir a fair warning that pissing off Elrond was like juggling knives blind-folded. Stupid and not to mention utterly dangerous to your health.

To their relief, Mr. Elrond only glared at them as they sat down and ignored them as he continued to talk about the curriculum and the books and stories that they would be covering over the next semester. As he continued on expounding on the virtues of Shakespeare and George Orwell, Aragorn sprawled in his desk and settled down to some heavy-duty Boromir watching.

He was so caught up in contemplating the scarlet in Boromir's hair and feeling like a right-idiot for it when a sharp poke in the back put a forceful stop to his confused drooling.

Annoyed, Aragorn turned around, ready to glare at the idiot responsible for breaking his concentration when a pair of brown eyes lined thickly with black eyeliner met his. Only one person in the whole school would dare to wear such extravagant make-up. Legolas Mirkwood.

After casting a look around to make sure that neither Elrond or anyone else was paying attention to them, Aragorn took the chance and spoke.

"Lee. What's up?" Legolas raised an eyebrow at this question.

"I should be asking you the same thing, Strider. What the hell are you doing with Satan Denethorson?" Legolas whispered as he smoothed back his gold and black hair away from his face and tucking it behind his elf-ears, which jingled with numerous gold and silver hoops.

Aragorn frowned at this. "You mean Boromir Denethorson?"

Legolas laughed softly. "He wasn't known as Boromir when I knew him. Anyways, what the hell were you doing with him? Were you involved in the fight?"

"Mr. Strider, Mr. Mirkwood, would you care to share your conversation with the rest of the class?" Aragorn turned in his seat and slumped down under Mr. Elrond's steely glare.

It was sheer irony, really, the fact that he had just been warning Boromir about getting into trouble with Elrond when he had just gone and done that exact thing. Risking getting into more trouble, he risked casting a look at Boromir, who was sitting to his left. To his mortification and utter horniness, Boromir was giving him a coolly amused look that turned his bones into water.

"Well? I am waiting. Do you have anything to tell the class?" Mr. Elrond's sharp voice was like a bucket of ice water over his libido. Instantly, any thoughts of Boromir had been washed away from his mind as he scrunched himself into his desk in a futile effort to disappear from sight.

Mr. Elrond frowned at Aragorn, but let it go when he heard sniggering from the far corner of the room. If there was anything that Elrond hated was having kids sniggering when he was taking a student up to task. Ignoring Aragorn, he quickly turned to the source of the noise and proceeded to give the other students that had disrupted the class holy hell until the bell rang, signalling the end of the shortened block.

Aragorn shot out of the classroom like a bat out of hell, not bothering to see whether Boromir or Legolas was following him. He was fairly sure that it had been either Eowyn or Arwen who had been sniggering at his getting into trouble and he was pretty humiliated about the incident, since he just knew that Arwen, Eowyn and Frodo would tease him incessantly once they caught him in some corner.

Which meant he would have to be literally looking over his shoulder lest they get the chance to actually do that.

"Strider! Hey Strider!" Tossing a furtive look over his shoulder to see whether he needed to make a run for it, he stopped when he saw the familiar gold and black of Legolas' hair, quickly followed by the bright gold, red and blue of Boromir's, making his heart give a little lurch.

"Fuck man! What was your hurry?! I'm sure history with Haldir can wait," Legolas told Aragorn once he and Boromir had caught up with him. Aragorn rolled his eyes at the elf.

"Lee, after being in St. Ig's for two years you still have to ask!?" Aragorn exclaimed, throwing his arms up in the air in sheer exasperation.

Legolas raised a perfect eyebrow before crossing his arms, which Aragorn could see were wrapped in black fishnet fingerless gloves.

"Elrond's not gonna chase you around, Strider. I'm sure he probably considers Shakespeare a higher priority than chasing you down and bawling you out. As for the snot squad, they just got in shit with Mr. Gimli for flashing Elrohir and Glorfindel"

Aragorn's mouth fell open and Boromir burst out into an uncontrollable fit of laughter.

"Oh God!" He choked out between bursts of laughter as he then leaned against Legolas. "You should have seen Mr. Gimli's face! It was utterly priceless!"

Aragorn tried to picture the stout dwarf and his reaction to having two girls flashing the boys in his class, but he really couldn't picture it. For one thing, he was trying to get over the shock of picturing Arwen and Eowyn, who always seemed like the prim and proper types actually doing such a trashy thing. For the other, he was trying to tamp down the little curl of jealousy that had suddenly sprouted up at the sight of Boromir hanging over Legolas.

The jealousy intensified when Boromir turned to the Elf and gave him a look before they both burst out laughing. The strange, shared intimacy between the elf and the human made Aragorn want to strangle the elf despite the friendship that had sprung up between them after Legolas had moved into Aragorn's home. Boromir was his! He wanted to scream out at Legolas. He is mine!

The intensity of the raw emotions he felt towards Boromir completely floored him, making him mentally stumble as he tried to untangle his thoughts and find the reasons as to why he was acting like a bitch in heat over the other guy.

The intense emotions were new to him and he was confused over the emergence of them at this time in his life. All his life, he had assumed himself straight. He had had numerous girlfriends and had never really thought of being with another guy in a romantic sense.

And now a devil with green eyes had literally waltzed into his life and was making him explore those deep caverns of his mind that he hadn't really bothered to probe before unless Legolas forced him too with his devious little ways. What the hell was going on here? He asked himself as he watched Boromir pull himself together. Since when has my heart over-ruled my mind?

"Earth to Strider. Earth to Strider. Come in please." Aragorn's thoughts screeched to a messy halt when he heard Legolas' teasing voice.

"Ja? I was thinking, you know." He asked, trying to hide his pesky self-introspection from his very receptive foster-brother.

Legolas' black-lipsticked mouth curved into a smirk when he heard this.

"No. I don't think you were. I couldn't see the flames shooting out of your skull." Legolas replied sweetly. Boromir groaned and shook his head at the comment.

"Legolas, please." Boromir said before turning to Aragorn, a look of mock suffering on his face when he did, making Aragorn extremely curious as to what would follow next.

"I've known Lee here for four years and he's still telling the same jokes! Haven't you told him any new ones?" Boromir asked, his voice holding an earnestness his glittering eyes betrayed.

Aragorn laughed. "I've never noticed. I've only known him for two years." He replied before turning to Legolas, who was checking his nails for any chips in his black polish.

"How do you guys know each other?" He asked innocently.

Boromir and Legolas looked at each other and snickered again. "St. Kilda's. From grade five to grade nine. We made the teacher's lives a living hell." Legolas smacked Boromir in the back.

"We? I don't think so! Who was the one that got the nickname "Satan"?" The elf shot back.

Boromir shrugged. "Yeah. It's true. But they didn't call you "Lucifer" For nothing, Lee."

Aragorn listened to the exchange with little interest. On one hand, he was relieved to hear that Boromir and Legolas had been nothing more than old friends and classmates. On the other hand, the knowledge made him realize the truth he had been kind of half-running away from ever since Gandalf had dragged him into his office and afforded him the chance to save the sullen stranger that had appeared in his school.

"Holy Shit! We gotta get to history before Haldir rips us a new one!!!" Legolas cried in dismay before he took off at a full run down the hall, leaving Boromir and Aragorn watching him and his long black cape flutter as he legged it to class.

"Oookay." Aragorn found himself muttering as he turned to Boromir, who only smiled before shaking his head. The warm smile again made Aragorn's heart lurch with a strong emotion that nearly left him breathless. The intensity of the emotion was what prompted him to take a step so drastic and so far removed from his character that he actually managed to surprise himself in doing it despite the possible consequences that would follow after.

"I guess that's our clue to fuck off then." Boromir noted as he hefted his ruck-sack into place and began to walk in the same direction that Legolas had sprinted off in.

He had only taken a couple of steps though when he felt Aragorn's hand grab his arm. Puzzled, he looked at the other boy and saw, to his surprise, that his eyes were wide and so impossibly blue that he nearly lost himself in their inky depths.

"Yeah?" He asked, not really putting two and two together as to why Aragorn would suddenly clutch his arm like that when they both were going to be late for class again.

Aragorn didn't reply. All he did was look at Boromir with a deep longing in his sharply chiselled face before grabbing the back of Boromir's head and kissing him for all he was worth.

###

Notes: As you can see, Mr. Isildur is a principal at one of Boromir's old school. More on his past in a bit. It'll be good. I Promise.
Legolas is a dun dun dun... Goth! He he! Couldn't resist! He also has something to do with Boromir and Faramir's past in more depth.
As for Eowyn and Arwen... It's a true story! Two girls actually did this to the guys working in the autobody class in my school!

~~~

Part 4: Going to the Chapel... gonna get married??!!

larrikin75@hotmail.com

The Clash Jim Morrison
Disclaimers: Don't own, Don't sue.
Warnings: Swearing, m/m action. Silliness galore.
Pairings: Aragorn/Boromir..More to follow.
Feedback: Yes! Please?
Archiving: Whoever wants it can have it.

back to top


Home
[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Mailing List] [Gallery] [Links] [Guestbook] [Writers' Resources] [Home]