TITLE: Triple Counterpoint - Part 2

He twitches his lip up.

"It's obvious, huh? Yeah, I'm a little nervous. I guess that massage is going to be a good idea," he replies, rubbing his free hand over his chest.

Without his glasses he still sometimes has a sweet vulnerability about him. I'm instantly reminded of our first night together in Baton Rouge. I remember he had the same look of desire mixed with nervousness in his eyes then. But tonight the desire outweighs the hesitancy. We've come a long way since Baton Rouge. Once we get into things here I have no doubt Walter's going to uh...rise to the occasion.

"Exactly. And remember...if anything bothers you..."

"We call a halt to the proceedings," he affirms, squeezing my hand.

 "Right," I reply, nodding my head.

"Got it," he confirms.

We stare into each other's eyes for a moment and then he pulls me forward and we kiss deeply. I mold myself against him and he wraps his arms around me. Our legs entangle a little, our cocks rubbing together as we taste each other. When we break apart both of us are a little breathless.

He smiles at me and takes my hand this time, leading me into the bathroom.

I flip on the overhead light and when I do Walter catches sight of the vanity top and releases my hand.

"Oh...right," he mumbles.

I left the enema equipment on the top of the vanity.

"Sorry, big guy," I reply sheepishly, shrugging.

"Hey, no need. It has to be done. Uh...if you'll excuse me..." he replies, nodding towards the door.

"Sure. Just let me know when you're ready," I reply, giving him a kiss on the cheek. He walks over and turns on the warm water tap. I leave the bathroom, shutting the door to give him his privacy.

Oh brother. Well, I guess that wasn't a very romantic moment was it? No kidding. My erection is losing its enthusiasm just contemplating it. Oh sure...in some people's minds I guess a warm water enema is a turn-on...but...in this case it's a means to an end shall we say. Yikes. Bad pun. Whatever. Like Walter said - it's a good idea and let's just drop the subject there.

I shake off my feelings of chagrin by going out into the bedroom and making sure one last time that everything's in the night stand drawers. Gee, I guess the FBI did teach me how to be organized after all. I've got everything we need I smile to myself. I shut the drawers, one after the other. I crack my neck and flex my arms and hands a couple of times, limbering up for the massage. There's a little chill in the air, so I turn up the thermostat just a bit. I consider briefly whether I should put on some music and then reject the idea. It may be too much of a distraction. I finally decide that maybe I should get another large towel from the linen closet to further protect the comforter from the lube. I go retrieve another plush bath towel and position it strategically over the beach towel.

Finally I hear the toilet flush in the bathroom. I pad up to the bathroom door.

"Yeah, come on in," Walter's voice comes from inside. He must have heard me. As the water starts to run in the shower, I open the door and step in.

"You ok?" I ask.

"I'll live," he rumbles a chuckle as he backs away from the open shower door to answer me.

His erection's gone so I know what he did wasn't the most pleasant experience after all. I walk over, take him around the waist and hug him.

"It'll be worth it," I whisper into his ear as I nuzzle it.

He chuckles again and cuffs my head a little.

"Yeah...I know it'll be great. Come on, get in," he replies, gesturing with his head towards the shower.

I climb in and he follows, shutting the door behind him. We stand under the warm spray and I reach for the soap.

"Let me," I murmur.

"Do yourself first...I want to watch," he whispers, his eyes intense.

I smile and comply with his request, paying close attention to the areas I know he'll be interested in. I tease him by soaping my cock and balls slowly. I give my ass the same treatment, playing in and out of the crack between my glutes with my fingers. I watch him as he watches me, his appreciation evident in his heavy lidded eyes as well as his stiffening cock. I step under the spray, rinse off and then move in close to Walter.

"Next," I comment huskily.

"Oh yeah," he replies, smiling. He watches me as I proceed to soap up his chest slowly, concentrating on stroking him as well as getting him clean.

I run the bar of soap all over his broad, muscular chest, toying with first his chest hair and then his nipples, tweaking and rolling them between my soapy fingers. He stands straight and tall, his feet slightly apart for balance, accepting my attention with quiet pleasure.

I work down, over his taut stomach and then further down first one leg and then the other all the way to his feet. I wash his feet tenderly and then move back up again. I give his cock a teasing kiss on the upswing and he chuckles once more.

I stand back up to face him.

"Turn around, lover," I order and he obeys, bracing his hands against the wall as I repeat my attentions.

When I reach his wonderfully muscular ass, I chuckle myself.

"What?" he asks, glancing back at me.

"I'm just remembering that article in Men's Health Magazine," I reply, scrubbing down his legs.

"Which one?"

"The one about using soap as lubricant..." I begin to answer. He barks a quick laugh.

"Oh yeah. If you stuck those soapy fingers up my ass I might not have needed the friggin' enema," he replies.

 "Exactly," I reply, scrubbing his back.

We both laugh for a moment and he rinses himself off. I put the soap back in the soap dish and turn him around. My eyes zero in on his crotch. His cock's well on its way to saluting again. So's mine. When I look up he's giving me that wolfish grin again and I'm melting.

"Let's go to bed," he rumbles.

I don't think I've ever dried off and exited a bathroom any faster in my life. I proceed Walter back into the bedroom, quickly light the candles, including the ones on the night stand. Walter watches me, his eyes smoldering with his arousal.

"You want any more brandy?" he asks as I shake out the last match and place it in the dish I put under the candle holder.

"Nah, I'm fine. You?" I reply, as I walk to the overhead light switch. I flick the switch and the room is suddenly lit only by dancing candlelight. Walter looks around and smiles at the effect before he answers.

"No, I'm fine too. And babe...this...this is really perfect. Thanks."

"My pleasure, Walter," I reply, smiling warmly at him.

He walks over and takes me in his arms again, nuzzling my neck.

"I love you," he whispers.

"I love you too," I reply.

We embrace again for a few moments and finally I gently extricate myself from his arms.

"Lie down...I'll give you that massage," I suggest, kissing his cheek.

He smoothes the towels out a little and then lies down on his stomach first and I move onto the bed and sit next to him. Once he's gotten himself completely comfortable and lies still, I move up and straddle his ass. I start the massage from this position, using my full body weight behind the kneading of my hands. I start by concentrating on his neck and shoulder muscles. This is where Walter's lifestyle really shows up. He's invariably tense through this area. I knead with diligence, loosening all the knots. And it's a joy for me to do it, both because it's helping him and turning me on. God, he's got muscles like cables really. They feel wonderful under my hands.

"I'm not hurting you am I?" I ask after he grunts at one point. He chuckles.

"Get real, Mulder. No...this feels completely fantastic. I was a fucking wound spring I guess. The 'unwinding's' pure pleasure," he replies, his voice muffled slightly by his arm.

I chuckle.

"For both of us," I reply and he grunts a chuckle as well.

I work down over his back and ass, massaging his gluteus muscles, working my hands down between his butt cheeks and then down the inside of his thighs. He's relaxing quite well here and that's a good thing under the circumstances. Finally I give my attention over to his strong leg muscles. He's a little tense here as well, probably from sitting so much during the OPR meetings. I rub out a particularly stiff spot in his right thigh muscle and he sighs his appreciation.

"Flip over," I tell him at last. I shift off him and allow him to lever up so he can comply. He rolls over and arches up, flexing and stretching. Oh God. My cock throbs at that sight. Walter, his cock almost completely erect, arching his back as he stretches. I lick my lips as he lowers himself flat again.

"Tease," I quip as he shakes his arms and legs out a little.

He barks a laugh.

"Hey, I do have my moments," he replies, arching an eyebrow.

I slap his knee as I move over and start to rub down his shoulders. He shuts his eyes and savors the sensation as I run my hands over his pectorals. I roll his shoulders too, working my way down each arm afterwards. Finally I knead down his stomach, across his groin, massaging more gently around his scars. I deliberately skirt his cock for a little while yet. I want to at least get the front of his legs attended to before I turn the massage into more serious foreplay.

Finally, I rub back up his legs and focus my attention between his legs, turning my kneading into more of a caress. He notices the difference immediately and glances down.

"Shift up, lover," I suggest, smiling at him. He grins and pulls his back up against the pillows, supporting himself on his forearms. He watches as I lovingly stroke his balls.

"Oh man," he hisses. "That feels good."

"I love how heavy they are," I whisper, hefting them and rolling them around in my palm. "Perfect," I add, smiling down at him.

He chuckles.

I rub my thumb along his perineum, back and forth between his balls and his anus, several times. He shudders.

"That feels good too, I take it?" I ask as I press and stroke it with more authority.

"You know it," he replies, flexing his shoulders to get a little more of a view.

"Can you see ok?" I ask quietly.

He looks down and then up and past my shoulder. He laughs a little.

"I guess so," he replies, gesturing with his chin. I turn and look back over my shoulder and into the dresser mirror. I laugh at the reflection. Even in the semi-darkened room he has a fair view of the action, including my ass lit by the flickering candlelight.

"Nice lighting," he observes, still chuckling.

"Thanks. I was trying for that 'Saturday Night Fever', disco ball effect. Glad you like it," I quip. He laughs harder. I stroke up over his balls and then onto his cock and the laugh turns to a moan.

"UhGod," he groans, arching up under my fingers.

"Thought that might get to you," I comment, smiling.

"Christ Jesus, babe..." he lets his voice trail off. His teeth clench as I palm the glans.

I circle his cock with my fist and stroke up and down a few times. His hips thrust up towards me automatically. I glance up and see he's watching my hands move over the hard column of his dick. I give him a really lazy grin and bend forward.

"Oh," he gasps as I take the head of his cock in my mouth.

He struggles not to buck up too violently so that he won't choke me and so that he can watch as I slide my lips down to the base.

"Oh yeah," he grates out between clenched teeth as I swallow him right down to his nuts. "Oh fuck, yeah, suck it," he moans. His mouth drops open a little and he breathes shallowly through it.

I suck on the whole length for a few seconds and then slick my tongue up the underside as I pull back. I finally suck on the glans when I get to the end again. He's breathing hard by this point, still making shallow thrusts against my face in order to control some of his response. His eyes are trained on me as I lick the slit at the end of his erection.

"Whoa," he huffs a laugh. "I need to hold up," he adds breathlessly.

I release his now fully erect and straining cock, kiss the tip and then move up his body, wiggling a little as I go. That elicits a brief chuckle as well.

"Jesus," he mumbles as I arch my back, dragging my cock up between his legs.

He spreads his legs and takes me between them, holding me. His arms wrap round me too and I rest my head on his broad chest.

"There you go," he whispers, stroking my hair with one large hand.

"This feels so fantastic," I whisper in return.

"The best...but listen, babe," he replies, running his hand down onto my ass. "What about you? I know what a royal case of blue balls feels like and..."

I kiss his chest and he stops speaking.

"I can wait. I want to do this for you first. I'll get off eventually. Don't worry about it," I assure him. I feel him nod above me and then he lies still again.

We lie quietly for a few minutes, letting ourselves calm down further. After our breath returns to a semblance of normalcy, I lever up on my elbows and smile down into his dark, intense gaze.

"So, you ready, big guy?" I ask.

"Yeah," he replies, touching my cheek. I bend over and kiss him. He grabs the back of my head, deepening the kiss and both of us moan against each other's lips as our tongues duel. When we break the kiss I climb off him and crawl over to open up the night stand drawers.

Walter rolls onto his side and props himself up on his elbow to watch me take out our toys. I pull out both dildos first so he can have some time to consider whether he still wants to go through with it.

I have to admit I had a pretty good idea on what to buy Walter based on numerous scenes in porn videos I'd watched over the years. All I had to do was find a good source to purchase the props I'd seen used in those films. I remembered Scully mentioning once that she purchased her vibrator online. So, once I took her advice on the Good Vibrations web site, I was all set. Yes sir...a few mouse clicks later, and Walter and I were the proud owners of tonight's silicon playthings.

Both dildos were as realistic looking as I could get. So, they're shaped like real cocks - anatomically correct I should say. I figured that would feel more natural for Walter. They're both flared at the base however, so they stay in place once they're inside. The first dildo is eight inches long and two inches thick. The second dildo is ten inches long and two and a quarter inches thick. I have to laugh at that one though. The description said it's modeled after 'adult film' star Sean Michael's real cock. Yeah, ok. Whatever. It's big and I was sure it would suit Walter just fine given his fantasy.

I place both dildos on the bed and Walter sits up and then reaches over to examine the first one. I turn back to the drawer.

"You still ok with this?" I ask him as I reach in the drawer again. I'm bringing out the special lube I bought and the hand towels from the linen closet I put in there when he answers me.

"Sure," he replies.

I turn and watch him put down the first smaller dildo and then pick up the lube. He reads the label and then raises his eyebrow.

"ID Lube, it's a little thicker than Astroglide. It's recommended for uh...anal play," I comment.

"Ah," he replies, nodding. He places the lube back down on the bed and picks up the larger dildo. He examines it with almost clinical detachment for a second and then he grins. "This is great," he rumbles, looking at me. I can plainly see the appreciation and desire in his eyes. He really is excited now at the prospect of what we're going to do. "Mulder...I...I really...well I appreciate you wanting to go along with this," he adds. I smile back at him and move over close.

"Hey, like I said...it's a turn-on for me too," I assure him, stroking his arm.

He nods and puts the second dildo down on the bed next to the first.

"Ok...uh...do you want to lie on your back?" I ask him.

"Yeah, that would be fantastic," he replies, smiling. He moves to lie down again.

"Great," I reply. Oh yeah, I really want to watch his face both for the effect I know it'll have on us both as well as the necessity to observe his reactions for safety sake.

I take one of the bed pillows and place it under Walter's ass as he rolls his hips over. He arches his back, lifting his ass up to help me get the pillow under and then he settles onto it. He brings his knees to his chest, gripping the back of his thighs with his hands. He slides his hands down a little lower finally, opening his anus slightly for me.

"If that gets uncomfortable you can put your legs over my shoulders," I suggest quietly.

"I think I'll be all right for a while. This is fine," he replies.

I nod and then position myself up close and personal to the target area. I start by massaging his ass again, kneading a little and then caressing. He shuts his eyes and swallows as I stroke. I stroke and caress up inside his thighs as well. He opens his eyes again and watches me.

"You're doing great," I tell him as I stroke back down and then on either side of his anus.

"You've done a great job relaxing me," he replies, giving me another smile.

"Remember...try to relax your muscles completely. Take deep breaths and if it hurts at all, tell me immediately," I remind him.

"Right," he nods again.

I spend a little extra time massaging around his anus, gently working the rim under my thumb. I put some lube on my thumb and push it inside, rubbing it around and pumping it in and out. Walter pumps his hips, enjoying the attention and I grin at him.

"Move all you want, big guy...just...let yourself go and enjoy it," I whisper. He nods and smiles back at me.

Finally I reach for the lube and the dildos. I place the dildos on the left side next to the pillow and uncap the lube.

"Same prep," I inform him as I pour ID Lube onto my right palm. I warm it up and then spread it over my fingers. It is thicker than Astroglide and it doesn't run all over. I reach for the towel and wipe my left hand. I toss the towel down on the bed and scoot in next to his ass. He spreads his cheeks wider.

"Ok, here we go," I inform him.

I work two fingers in without any trouble. I start pumping them in and out and Walter thrusts his ass up, moving it gently against my hand.

"That's it, lover," I whisper as he arches his back up, seeking more contact.

"Uh....yeah," he mumbles.

The third finger goes in and we repeat the sequence. I postillion him a little more firmly this time and he thrusts into my hand slowly, rocking, savoring each internal plunge of my fingers. Finally I still all three fingers inside and then spread them, stretching him further. He breathes regularly as I flex my fingers inside him.

"Ok?" I ask.

"Oh yeah. Christ...this is good," he murmurs, bending his neck to watch me as I pick up the lube and slide my fingers out of his rectum. I glance down to see that his anus is still loose when I withdraw. He's staying relaxed so that's a good start.

"This'll be the fourth finger then I'll use the first dildo," I inform him.

He nods again, licking his lips. My cock jumps. Oh man...eventually I am going to have to take care of that too. But all in good time. Right now the transported look on Walter's face is all I want to focus on. I mean he's loving what I'm doing for him and that's the greatest feeling in the world.

I slick up four fingers and then lay my left hand on the back of his thigh. He spreads his legs a little further and pulls his cheeks back again with his hands. I slowly work the four fingers up his ass as he draws in a breath and then releases it with my hand's progress.

"How you doin'?" I ask.

"Uh...oh...good," he moans a little as I work my hand in up to the base of my thumb. Once I'm in that far we both stop and rest for a few seconds. Then I spread my fingers as wide as I can.

"Oh fuck," he grunts.

"You ok?"

"Yeah...it's...it's just intense," he replies, panting a little. I compress my fingers and let him relax a little again.

"Take deep breaths," I advise him. He nods and does as I suggest. I stretch him again, making rhythmic movements with all my fingers. He takes it fine then, breathing easily and moving his hips back and forth again to intensify the feeling.

Once again we play like this for a while, letting Walter get accustomed to the larger intrusion inside him. When my fingers are sliding in and out of him easily I decide it's time to use the first toy.

"All right, I'm using the first dildo," I inform him. He bends his head up a little. I shift to the side slightly so he can get somewhat of a view in the dresser mirror as well.

I leave my fingers in and continue to stretch him open, reaching for the dildo with my left hand. It's lucky I've got good dexterity. I don't bauble it at all. I withdraw my hand from his ass, wipe it on the towel and then take the lube up again. I liberally coat the smaller dildo with the contents from the bottle. Walter's ready, breathing easily when I bring the toy back up to his anus.

Access is easy at this point, so I push the tip of the dildo forward and into his body. I stroke his thigh and look up to gauge his reaction. He's so focused on concentrating on his breathing and watching the dildo disappear into his ass that he doesn't realize I'm watching him. God, he looks beautiful. He's incredibly aroused. His cock is upright and tilted back, shaking slightly with the progress of the first dildo. I can hardly feel any resistance as I thrust a little more firmly. Walter moans.

"Oh man...yeah...oh...oh..." he groans. The last part ends on a laugh of unrestrained pleasure as I seat the dildo all the way up his ass to the base. I hold it flush with his anus and pat him on the ass with my left hand.

"Good deal, lover. Can you see it?" I ask, shifting over even further so he can admire the effect.

"Yeah. God damn," he chuckles. "Babe...you gotta try this sometime," he replies, his breath coming in short huffs.

I laugh.

"Yeah, maybe I will. So, you wanna get used to the feeling for a minute or should I fuck you with it?" I ask as he examines the dildo.

"Let me get used to it for a minute. I think...man...I think I'd rather have you fuck me with that bigger one," he replies, grinning at me.

"Oh yeah...I'd like to do that myself," I chuckle. I'm really getting a terrific rush out of this whole thing.

Walter lies there for a few minutes and I stroke his thighs some more. He asks me not to touch his cock. He really doesn't want to come until the grand finale. His control is impressive. But then again I'm doing a pretty admirable job of not exploding all over the bed here myself. I guess some of those instructions Scully's been giving me are paying off. I've been able to back off my arousal fairly well.

Finally he asks for the larger dildo and I pick it up and lube it thoroughly.

"Hold on, I need to remove the first one," I warn him. He takes a breath and I gradually ease it out. It pops into my hand and I lay it on the used hand towel.

"Ok, here we go," I advise, lifting up the ten inch toy.

Walter focuses his gaze down between his legs and I repeat the insertion procedure with the larger dildo. He's got his breathing down really well now and I slowly push the toy forward, a bit at a time.

He pants harder as we move beyond where the eight inch toy had gone.

"You're doing good," I encourage him. "Relax, I'm gonna push it all the way in now," I warn.

He nods, concentrating once again and I thrust the dildo steadily forward. He shuts his eyes for a moment and grits his teeth slightly as the toy is seated flush with his anus

"Uh," he grunts. "Oh God...I...oh shit...I knew this would be good," he gasps out as I wiggle it around a little, stretching him open a bit more.

"Holy silicone, Batman...you gotta see this," I laugh, holding the toy still again. He opens his eyes and looks down between his legs. Then he glances up into the mirror as well.

"Oh man," he rumbles a chuckle.

"You took it all, big man," I smile, stroking his leg gently. "How does it feel?"

"I can hardly describe it," he replies, looking at me again and swallowing. "It's...it's...Christ, Mulder, it's just too good.

I smile down at him. Oh yeah, I can tell it's good from the look on his face. He's so into it his eyes are glazed over. Oh yeah, my man is a very satisfied Good Vibrations customer right now. So am I for that matter. This is the best.

"I aim to please," I reply, reaching over and moving the dildo a little more.

He arches up slightly and moans low.

"Oh fuck...do it," he growls.

"You got it," I reply, taking the base of the dildo. I pull it back gradually and then thrust it in again slowly. Walter chokes out a long moan.

"Uhhhhhhh," he cries.

"Christ," I exclaim a little worried for a second that I might have hurt him. But his hips start to move in a gentle rocking motion so I know he's just enjoying the feeling. I pump the dildo back and forth and then in and out a few more times, adding a little more lube to the shaft and Walter rides with it, grunting with each thrust. Finally I slow it down and push it all the way in again, stilling it against his anus. He's breathless, flushed and sweating as he halts his rocking ass.

"Fuckin' A," he grates out, sputtering and laughing. I laugh as well at the pure joy of seeing him enjoy himself so much.

We sit there for a few more minutes, just savoring the moment. I rest my hand on the base of the dildo and wiggle it around a little more, making Walter moan and twist around in pleasure again. Finally as I'm watching his face, he licks his lips. I capture his eyes.

"Do it," he prompts. I nod and reach forward to remove the larger dildo. It comes free with a sucking sound and I stare down at Walter's anus.

"You sure?" I ask for final confirmation.

"Fuck yeah...go for it," he growls.

"Your wish is my command, lover," I whisper. I set the larger dildo aside next to its companion. I wipe my right hand on one of the clean hand towels and then toss it aside. The ID Lube is still next to Walter's ass so I pick that up and liberally coat my right hand and wrist with it. I rub some onto my left hand as well. I turn back to Walter.

"I love you and I can't tell you how much I appreciate you trusting me this much," I whisper.

"I trust you with my life, babe. I'm...God I love you too," he murmurs.

I swallow hard and reach forward with my left hand, resting it on his balls.

"Easy now," I mumble as I press the fingers of my right hand against the opening into his rectum.

He nods and I start to push my hand into his body. He starts to breathe harder as I push forward. I get five fingers in and then stop.

"Ok?" I ask.

"Yeah," he replies, his larynx working. Then he smiles and it's wonderful. I shift, my fingers still in his ass, and move up over him. He arches up and our lips meet in a deep kiss. He moans into my mouth, sucking desperately on my tongue as I move my fingers gently inside him. When I break the kiss he groans.

"Oh God, Fox," he whispers.

I smile and give him one more peck on the lips.

"I'm gonna stretch you more now," I advise him, emotion making my voice hoarse. He's really loose as it is but I want him to be even more open. I flex all five fingers wide, spreading him further. I keep that up for a while and Walter thrusts against my hand as I loosen him further. His legs start to shake slightly however and I withdraw my hand from his ass and tap his knee.

"Raise 'em. I want you to stay comfortable," I order. He complies and I arrange his legs on my shoulders. The angle is better too now. We stop and rest for a moment, gazing at each other. I stroke his thighs to relax his muscles again and then rub around his anus a little more. He breathes deeply and regularly and I figure it's about time to go the rest of the way.

"Ok...get ready," I whisper. I flex my hand a little and then add some extra lube over it. I coat my whole hand and partly up my forearm really thoroughly. Finally I bring my hand up to his ass. I use my left hand to spread the outer edges of his anus a little farther apart and then I push the fingers of my right hand in again.

He grunts hard.

"Walter, talk to me, lover...tell me if..."

"S'good. Don't stop," he huffs out.

He shuts his eyes and opens his mouth to breathe deeply. His stomach muscles flex and unflex as I thrust my hand forward. Four of my fingers slip in and then my thumb as well. When I get in past my palm I flex so my hand fists up, the thumb compressing next to the fingers. My fist slips easily past his sphincter. Christ he's taking it...I can't believe it....Walter's taking my fist up his ass. I push forward gently being careful to follow the natural curve of his rectum until I'm inside him a little past my wrist.

"Oh man...this is incredible," I whisper. "You still ok?" I add.

"Oh yeah. Jesus, it's good," he replies intensely. He opens his eyes and glances down, licking his lips as he observes my fist inside him. His face is transformed into an expression of complete sexual abandon and it's incredible. I've never seen him this lost in pleasure before and it's as much a rush for me as it is for him. He tilts his head back again and breathes deeply, shutting his eyes as he savors the moment.

"I hear you," I nod, smiling. I'm in awe of what we're doing. I can feel the spasms Walter's inner muscles are making over my fist. His face twists up for a second and when it relaxes again he looks at me and speaks.

"Fuck," he grunts. "Can you feel that?"

"Yeah, it's not hurting you?" I ask, concerned.

"Hell no," he gasps. "No way," he adds, looking up at me again and grinning to assure me. "It's fucking fffantastic, babe."

I twist my fist gently a little, moving it back and forth inside of him. Walter moans again. He looks down at where we're joined and then up into my eyes.

"It's like I'm coming inside...like a continuous orgasm," he gasps. "Oh man..." he adds, grimacing in pleasure.

"Christ...I guess I will have to give it a shot," I reply, chuckling. No shit. If it's half as good receiving as I feel giving this to him I'm on the bottom next time for sure.

"Oh yeah...I...I wanna do this for you," Walter replies, breathlessly. Then he grunts again. "God...babe...keep doing that," he hisses.

"Moving my fist?"

"Move it. Fuck me with it...anything...Christ I don't care," he gasps, laughing and nodding. I grin wide.

"Let's try this," I reply. I swivel my wrist back and forth again as Walter watches, his breath coming in deep gulps. I draw my fist out slightly and then move it back in.

"Uhhhhfuck," he gasps out as I inch forward.

"Take it, lover...oh yeah...all of it," I whisper as Walter shuts his eyes, and tilts his head back. His hands flex and unflex spastically on the bed as he continues to moan and pump his hips. He rocks his hips very slowly and I watch his anus close around my wrist again. I let him enjoy the sensation of fullness inside for a few seconds and then I repeat the movement, slowly thrusting in and out of his ass over and over.

"Fuck, oh...good....yeah....good," he moans.

"Jesus, you're fantastic, lover," I urge him on as he arches and twists under me. Pre-cum oozes out of his cock with each thrust of my hand and his hips.

"Uhhhh," he groans.

"God," I hiss. I still can't believe we're doing this. I push my hand in once more and then still it up his ass again. He clamps down on it. I watch his face as his neck muscles strain tight.

"Jesus, it's fuckin'...it's...oh Jesus," he grates out, almost beyond coherent speech.

"No shit..." I whisper.

"God...please I...I...gotta..." he gasps, his voice ending in another low groan.

"You wanna come?" I query quickly. He nods vigorously and I reach over with my still slick left hand and start to pump his cock. I can feel his balls starting to pull up almost immediately and he thrusts his hips up, crying out hoarsely.

"UhhhhhhhhGOD!" he roars. He rocks his hips rapidly now, grunting over and over. I crank his cock hard and then feel it swell slightly under my fingers. I hold my right arm very still inside him.

Walter arches up, his head tilting back as the muscles in his entire body go taut. A flush spreads over his head and neck and sweat pours off his forehead.

"Oh yeah...that's it. Come on....come on," I urge him as his body starts to jerk spastically.

Oh yeah...here we go...blast off. Cum explodes out of his cock, squirting backwards to hit him in the chest. He continues to convulse and his cock twitches in my hand, spurting more milky ropes of semen as his ass muscles tighten down on my fist like a steel trap. He grimaces in what looks like agony but I know is anything but pain. He's been launched into the O-zone and I keep jerking his cock so he can ride that rocket all the way into orbit.

Finally he stops shooting, his muscles grow slack and his hips slow and then stop rocking. I slow and then stop pumping his cock as well. I remove my left hand from his rapidly wilting erection. I then very carefully pull back with my right fist. My hand comes out of his rectum an inch at a time. He moans a little as it does and then grunts again when my fist finally pops free of his anus. I grab the towel, swab my hands and arms off quickly and then push the towel in between Walter's legs. He's gasping in great swallows of air, his eyes shut.

"Are you all right?" I ask. He doesn't answer. "Walter?" I repeat, concern in my voice.

He nods, struggling to catch his breath. His chest heaves up and down and finally he coughs a chuckle.

"Man...I owe you big time," he laughs, opening his eyes and grinning at me.

I smile and relax. "No pain?" I ask again.

"Just my legs, I'm cramping up," he replies.

"Let me help you lower them," I offer. He lifts his legs by grabbing his thighs and I help him to move them off my shoulders. He keeps them bent up for a moment while I yank the pillow out from under his ass. He straightens his legs out and ends up squeezing the towel between his butt cheeks. I rub his leg muscles for a few minutes and he nods in appreciation.

"That's great," he comments. "Thanks, babe."

I move up to lie at his side, propping myself up on an elbow. I stroke his stomach and groin with long languid caresses.

"God damn you looked fucking wonderful," I whisper, smiling into his face.

"Christ, Mulder...you...you couldn't have done that any better. It was incredible. I...I swear to God I never came that hard in my whole fucking life."

I lean forward and kiss his forehead.

"That...Walter...that makes it all worthwhile," I whisper, running a hand along his cheek. His rough beard stubble chaffs my fingers and I shudder a little in pleasure at the sensation. He closes his eyes and shortly, his breathing becomes regular again. I continue to caress him. Finally he opens his eyes and glances down at my erection.

"Shit..." he comments, his brow furrowing.

I shrug.

"Like I said...don't worry about it," I assure him.

He's exhausted. I can tell. I expect he's very aware of it but doesn't want to admit to it because he feels like he wants to give me as much pleasure as I just gave him. I'd like to get off, sure. But I'm not desperate. In fact, I feel a profound satisfaction with what just transpired between us.

He starts to protest and I lay a finger on his lips.

"I mean it," I chastise him, grinning to leaven the words. "Let me check you over and then we'll get cleaned up. There's plenty of time," I insist. He kisses my finger and I remove it.

"Anyone ever tell you you're a bossy son of a bitch?" he rumbles, chuckling.

"Yeah, some bossy bastard on a regular basis. Now, raise up your legs, Batman, and let's take a look at the Bat Cave," I quip.

Walter cracks up, shaking with laughter as he tries to comply. Finally he gets his legs raised and I shift back down between them. I remove the sticky towel and wipe him off as best I can. I examine him carefully and there's no tearing or blood. I'm thankful for it. Evidently we were careful enough and used enough lube to prevent injury. His anus is still a little loose and open. A little lube is still oozing out of him. He shifts and squeezes his muscles.

"You'll be fine," I tell him.

"Yeah...I'm not really sore at all."

"Good," I reply, giving his knee a pat.

"I need a shower again though," he chuckles. Despite the remark, he's much less embarrassed then the last time. I grin.

"Yeah, let's do a re-run on that, big guy."

I shift back and slide off the bed. He sits up, scoots to the edge and swings his legs over the side. I stand in front of him, my hand extended and he looks up and smiles at me. He takes my hand and pulls me forward.

"Not yet," he murmurs as he drags me between his knees.

"Oh shit," I laugh. God damn this guy has the stamina of a fucking stud bull.

He grips my legs with his knees and takes my cock in hand.

"I love sucking your cock," he growls.

"Nooo kidding," I stutter and then gasp as he places the head in his mouth.

He works his lips down my length, massaging my balls as he does. I almost lose my balance from the wallop of pure electric arousal that his attentions send streaking up my spine. My head and neck flush instantly and I arch back moaning loudly. My hips buck into his face but I stop just short of really ramming my cock into his throat. I want to at least savor his talents for a few minutes. I know that's all it'll be though because I really am close to coming.

Walter sucks my length, sliding up and down several times and then releases me to catch his breath. I hold his head against my thigh for a second and he chuckles.

"I'm gettin' old, Monster Boy," he comments, nuzzling into my pubic hair.

"I'm surprised you can even sit up, lover...much less suck cock. Jesus, Walter...you're like a fucking bull," I murmur, stroking his naked scalp.

He rumbles another laugh and rocks his head back, rubbing my ass with his hands.

My cock is weeping in front of his nose, the head red and engorged to the point where I can hardly stand it anymore.

"This is beautiful...and the payoff's more than worth the effort," he whispers. "Don't hold back either, babe. I wanna really feel you fuck my face," he adds.

I smile down at him. He swallows my cock again with one smooth slide of his lips and then really concentrates on sucking me hard. His head moves up and down and I thrust against his face rapidly, taking his head in my hands, fucking him with abandon. I pump with short quick stabs of my hips to bring myself off. Finally as my balls start to tense up he focuses on just the end of my cock, sucking and then flicking underneath with his tongue. I shut my eyes in order to focus completely on the sensation and then that does it at last. My body coils like a massive spring and I arch up, coming with a loud roar of ecstasy.

"WALTER!" I cry out, jerking into his face. He's gonna definitely feel me shoot violently as my balls contract, emptying their load into his mouth. He steadies me and continues to suck and swallow as I spurt cum down his throat. I rock forward and back, forward and back, moaning and twitching between his knees as spurt after spurt of cum causes waves of ecstasy to course through me.

Finally, I'm spent and I start to come down again. Walter cradles me between his legs as he licks me clean. I breathe heavily, opening my eyes so that I can watch him tend to me.

"I love you," I mumble, touching his head and stroking it once, briefly. I drop my hand and place it on his shoulder to steady myself.

He kisses my flaccid penis and rubs my balls a little without speaking. There's no need for him to respond. There's absolutely no doubt how he feels for me. Even if he had never said it before I'd know as he gently caresses my flesh with an unguarded look of love, desire and profound respect on his face. I know that gaze is returned by my own.

Finally he opens his legs and I step back. He stands up, and takes my hand.

"Let's get that shower," he suggests.

"And then pass out," I chuckle.

"No shit. I think we're attending a late church service in the morning," he replies. I laugh harder and he swats me on the ass as we walk off towards the bathroom.

xXx

Sunday, September 12, 1999. 10 PM. Dana Scully's apartment. Georgetown.

"Dana Scully."

"Hey, girlfriend."

"Ah ha. If it isn't Robin, the Boy Wonder."

"C'est moi, Batwoman. How's it going?"

"It's going fine as a matter-of-fact. I'm reading the new Stephen King."

"How is it?"

"Pretty good so far. Mom liked it. We're going to compare notes."

"Ah. How is Maggie?"

"Oh, she's fine. I have to laugh at the latest though. She invited all the Gunmen over tonight. She and Frohike were going to cook Mexican."

"Holy tamale, no kidding. Well...Frohike does Mexican really well, actually."

"So I gather. I'm sure they're having fun. I told her to freeze some leftovers for me."

"Yeah, I wouldn't mind sampling those myself."

"I thought so, Mulder. So...um...did Batman enjoy the romantic evening?"

"The Caped Crusader was in orbit over Gotham City for sure. The surprise...well...I can't even tell you how much he enjoyed it. I really owe you on the Good Vibrations tip."

"My pleasure. I'm glad, really. He...Mulder he really does need to...uh...get out of himself right now. I mean forget things for a while. I think...I think he needs us both a lot at this point."

"I know, Scully. He's got all our problems plus his own sitting like a fucking monkey on his back...like fucking King Kong. He...Jesus all of us really can use Crossroads."

"I couldn't agree more."

"I love you, Dana. I...I think you need this as much as Walter."

"Oh, Fox...I love you too. I know we all need to get away."

"Listen...I just wanted to call and see how you were doing and let you know I was back at the apartment. I'll let you get back to your book."

"Thanks for calling."

"Oh yeah...one other thing. Walter's going to call you too. That's the other reason I should go. He's probably trying to call you right now. He wants your input on where you want to meet him or want him to meet you. I'll be happy to drop you off wherever you guys decide."

"I was wondering. I meant to ask."

"Well, no problem. He's got some ideas and I figured you two could handle it fine. I'm happy to play chauffeur."

"Chauffeur?"

"Yes...I'm contemplating a career change. Want to play 'Driving Ms. Daisy'?"

"Mulder...somehow I don't think your version involves driving a car."

"My, my, Ms. Scully...you do know me 'so' well."

"Uh huh. Well...I appreciate the offer for the lift. I'll take you up on it. And thank you...James."

 "I always thought I was more of a Jeeves."

"Jeeves is the butler, Mulder. James is more a chauffeur's name."

"But the butler always did it, Scully."

"God, Mulder...if you don't get your mind out of the gutter mine's going to be there too in a minute...and then you're going to have to come over here and I know that's not a good idea under the..."

"Ok, ok, I get your point. No problem, ma'am. I'll take the high road from here on out. And hey, you know I don't mind 'driving' you...it's my pleasure to give you a 'ride'...anytime, lover."

"Oh yeah, right. If that's your idea of the high road, then..."

"Stop giggling, Scully. It's ruining that feigned tone of righteous indignation."

"Oh...you prick..."

"What about my prick? If you'd stop laughing I could understand you 'baby'. What was that about my hard, hot..."

"Oh shut up. You are such a cocksman I could..."

"You want my cock? I'm sorry, what Scully? The connection is kind of..."

"Mulder, you are too much...you're going to pay. I swear to God...just wait..."

"I'm sure you'll make it worth the wait..."

"Oh I don't know...Walter and I may fuck ourselves into exhaustion. He may just wear me out and then...

"Oh shit...good point. I'd better mind my Ps and Qs here."

"Exactly, Boy Wonder...unless you want Batwoman and Batman to see all the action...the only action."

"Yes, ma'am! I've learned my lesson. I'm sorry. I'll be a good boy."

"Oh I'm counting on you being a very good boy. I'm counting on both you and Walter being very good boys."

"Scully?"

"Yes, Boy Wonder?"

"You're nuts, you know that?"

"I have to be nuts to be your partner, dear heart."

"Certifiable."

"Good night, Mulder."

"Good night, Scully. I'll see you on Friday. Sweet dreams."

"You too, Mulder."

xXx

Sunday, September 12, 1999. 10:30 PM. Dana Scully's apartment. Georgetown.

"Dana Scully."

"Hey."

"Walter!"

"Yes, ma'am. Sorry to call you so late."

"Oh...that's all right. I was still up. I was reading."

"Oh well...if you're busy..."

"No, really, it's ok. What's up?"

"I have some good news actually. I looked over my agenda for next week after Mulder left and I should be able to clear Thursday. There isn't anything going on that I couldn't postpone until I return. If it fits with your schedule we could leave a day early."

"Oh yes! That would be marvelous, Walter. I can leave Thursday for sure."

"Good deal. What do you say we meet around 7 AM and hit the road early?"

"Works for me. Did you get a chance to tell Mulder?"

"No. I tried calling him but his line was busy. I left a message."

"Oh...that was probably when he was talking to me. He did call."

"Ah. I thought so. I tried calling you first and your line was busy too. Did he mention the other reason I'm calling, then?"

"About where to meet?"

"Yeah. Do you have a preference? I'm not sure meeting here at my place is a good idea. It's busy here early on a weekday morning."

"Good point. What about the airport idea? I know you and Mulder do the parking lot thing, right?"

"We could...but I do have another location in mind."

"I'm open to suggestions."

"I thought we could have breakfast if you'd like. There's a great little mom and pop diner in Laurel, Maryland, right on the way. It's not a greasy spoon...don't worry. Just a nice family owned place I discovered when I was a field agent. Mulder could drop you there. I'm buying. How does that sound?"

"I think it sounds perfect."

"All right...that's...that's great. Uh...I can e-mail you and Mulder the directions. I should probably try calling him too to let him know the change in plans."

"Sounds fine."

"Thanks Dana."

"Oh, it's my pleasure, Walter. Breakfast is an excellent idea and the extra day will be wonderful."

"Oh yeah. Most definitely on both. Well, I'd better let you go so you can get back to your book. Stephen King, I bet."

"You just hit the jackpot. Yes, Mom and I are reading his latest, 'The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon'."

"I bought it."

"You did?"

"Yeah...I...I figured you'd be reading it eventually. I thought maybe we could discuss it sometime."

"Oh...that...that was...Walter, I don't know what to say...that was very sweet."

"Well...hey...uh...I'm getting to like King...no...no problem. My pleasure."

"Walter, remember when you said I made you feel 16 again?"

"Yeah. I still sound like that don't I? You'd laugh like hell if you saw my ears turning red again right now. It's...well I...I hope it's not annoying you."

"No...not at all, actually. And uh...if it's any consolation...I'm blushing too because...well I guess you make me feel special too, Walter. I guess you make me feel a little bit like I'm sweet 16 again as well."

"Yeah?"

"Yes. It's a nice feeling."

"Scully...I think it is too...even if I am tongue tied and turning red over it."

"So...I'd love to discuss 'The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon' with you."

"Great. It's a date, then. Now...I'd better let you go."

"All right. Good night."

"Night."

"And Walter?"

"Yeah, Dana?"

"Sweet dreams, lover."

"You too...angel. You too."

xXx

Thursday, September 16, 1999. 6:45 AM. The Tidewater Diner. Laurel, Maryland.

I lean against the Jeep, cross my arms over my chest, shut my eyes and tilt my head back. Oh yeah...perfect fall day. Cool, crisp and clear. You couldn't ask for better weather, I think as the sun warms my face. I'm glad I wore jeans and just the long sleeve shirt. My leather jacket's just right as well. So, I'm all set. The sun really feels good. The sunny day will make the drive to Maine very pleasant. Even more pleasant because the fall foliage will look fantastic in the sunlight. Particularly pleasant because Scully's hair looks beautiful on a sunny day. Like burnished copper.

I tilt my head back down, push my glasses up on my nose and scan the road again. No familiar car yet. I glance at my watch and smile a little in self- deprecation. Yeah. I'm overly anxious, I guess. It's not even 7 AM yet. I'm anxious to get going because I'm excited about this trip and I just want to get the show on the road for starters. Christ, we all need the time off. So, I'm excited because we're getting a chance to get away and anxious too because...well, for several reasons.

I know Scully and I have a lot to discuss so I'm nervous about what we're going to say to each other. How she's going to take what I have to say about my confusion over us is making my stomach do backflips. I know I've done her an injustice by telling her I loved her, doubting it and then letting that doubt influence my behavior towards her. I also know I probably should have talked to her about it a long time ago and not stewed in my own juices or just spilled my guts to Mulder and Joe Gregg. Oh sure, they helped in critical ways but if I'd talked to Scully first I wonder how quickly the problem would have been cleared up?

So, the discussion I'm going to have with Scully now is still making me uncomfortable. But I'm hopeful it will go well. I've always said she's intelligent and compassionate. I think if we discuss things honestly and I admit the fact that I screwed up we'll be ok. Making a clean breast of things is the way to go. I think she'll respect that idea and understand. So, I'm optimistic we'll work it out.

Besides dealing with my confusion issues the other matter that's making me nervous is...ok...the sex angle. As this vacation has approached I've, to put it bluntly...I've had pretty much a raging hard-on for Scully. Yeah, I've lain in bed some nights, jerking myself off and I wasn't thinking of Mulder when I was doing it. I guess once my mind made itself up that I wanted to make a commitment to her my hormones went on overdrive. At any rate, I'm hot for her and I've been getting vibes from her that she's having similar feelings for me. But I'm still a little embarrassed about the strength of my desire for her. It's...well it smacks of adolescent behavior and I don't want to come on like an over-sexed high school jock here.

Hell, assuming she'll even want me again after I talk to her. Christ...if she gets really pissed at me...it'd serve me right if she decided I could sleep on the couch for the duration I guess. She might even choose not to stick around...or ask me to take a hike. Now that I know I want her she'll probably tell me to go take a flying fuck at the moon instead. And she'd be in her rights in my opinion. But if she's not pissed, and if she's interested again...I would imagine we're going to make love so...

Ok, here's the other Catch 22. I want her but...I have to admit I'm a little nervous about the idea of having sex with her again too. This is odd, but I'm more nervous right now at the prospect of having sex with her than I am about having sex with both Mulder and Scully together. I guess in a way that's a good thing because I know since she's agreed to inviting Mulder up, she knows what that implies. Once Mulder's on site we'll probably move towards having sex together if the circumstances are right. I...I very much want that myself now despite the case of nerves. I feel...I know I want that connection with them both. Deep within my heart I want and need to join with them fully both emotionally and physically. So...I think when the time comes we'll manage it fine. But with Scully alone...I'm feeling a lot less confident.

Christ it's hard to admit when you feel like it's your first time with a woman again, you know? But I can't help it...I feel like a friggin' virgin right now. I feel ridiculous admitting it too. I just need to get a grip on my performance anxiety here, for crying out loud. But I'm nervous about making love with her. I guess I'll have to discuss that with her as well.

Jesus. What happened to the days when men could be the strong, silent type? Oh blow it out your ass, Skinner. That attitude is why Scully and I have issues to discuss in the first place. Yeah, if I choke when I do get up to bat we'll talk about it. I'm sure she's going to understand. Hell, I should stop worrying. I don't want any of this 'nervous nellie' shit to ruin the trip. I'll just follow Mulder's old advice and 'go with the flow'. It's probably the best course to take at this juncture. It's been pretty damn good advice a lot of the time up till now anyway.

I nod my head silently, agreeing with my assessment and banishing my woolly thinking as well. I spot a red Olds Intrigue pulling off the highway into the parking lot. I shade my eyes and see it's Mulder and Scully. He got a rental? Well maybe he was worried about his car being recognized when he drives up to Crossroads. I took a chance on the Jeep I guess, but what the hell. It's not the same car I drove up there before. I considered it a risk worth taking.

 I lever myself off the bumper and saunter forward as Mulder steers into the parking spot two cars down from the Jeep. He puts the car in park, cuts the ignition and opens the driver's side door. Scully opens the passenger door.

"Hey," Mulder smiles at me.

"Good morning," Scully adds, smiling as well.

I can't help myself. I know it's rude, but I just stare at Scully for a moment. She looks...Christ she looks exquisite. I haven't seen very much of her since she first came home after being shot. She still looked pale and tired then. Now she looks radiant. She's dressed simply in jeans, an off-white long-sleeved crew necked sweater, dark green jacket and those walking shoes... you know...the really comfortable ones...what are they called...oh yeah, Rockports, right. Rockports. Damn, she looks really fine. Sometimes I have moments when I ask myself how anyone could rate a woman this intelligent, compassionate and lovely. It's almost beyond my reasoning at points. I'm one lucky man that's for sure...and so is Mulder.

Mulder chuckles.

"Close your mouth, Walter...the drool's splashing on your shoes."

I bark a laugh and Scully giggles. I walk over to her and take her hands in mine.

"You look phenomenal," I whisper. She chuckles softly and squeezes both my hands.

"You look good too, Mr. Skinner. My goodness, faded jeans and a long sleeve gray Henley. Black leather jacket. Oh yes...I like this look on you," Scully replies, her voice filled with love and a healthy dose of sultriness.

I can't stop myself then, I bend down and kiss her on the cheek.

Mulder laughs behind me.

"Hey, not in front of the children," he quips.

I look at him for a moment and I can tell although he's making a typical Mulder comment he's also offering it as a word of warning. He's right. We probably should be more careful in public. But even as he warns I can see in his eyes that he regrets even having to say it. His expression changes then from regret to a softness and pleasure as he regards my interaction with Scully. I see, just before I turn back to her, that he's really happy observing us together this way. Scully nods in acknowledgment of his words and so do I. I pull away from her, releasing her hands. Scully backs off and smoothes her hair behind her ears. We both smile a little shyly at each other. Than I straighten further and look at Mulder again.

"Morning, Monster Boy," I throw back at him.

He looks pretty damn fine as well. Mulder in Armani always does. So, I guess Agent Mulder intends to give the FBI all or part of his time today.

"How's it hangin', Caped Crusader?" Mulder replies.

"If you don't know by now, I'm not telling you," I answer and he guffaws.

Scully pulls an exasperated look, but suppresses a laugh.

"Oh my...Walter...better be careful she's starting with the 'Ms. Manners' looks already."

"I see that, Mulder..." I add, arching my eyebrow.

"Oh come on you two...no fair. I haven't had my first cup of coffee yet," Scully chides with a healthy dose of good-natured teasing, her hands on her hips.

"Oh that's right. We'll make allowances then, right, Walter?"

"Right," I nod, chuckling. "Hey, let me get your luggage and then we can go in. Joining us, Mulder?" I ask.

"Uh...thanks, but...I should get in to work. I didn't arrange to take the whole day off - just the afternoon - so I'd better get my nose pressed firmly to the grindstone. I'll help you with Scully's luggage and then I'll hit the road."

Scully looks from Mulder to me and then away towards the car trunk with a slightly strained look on her face. I start to wonder what's going on for a second but then she straightens and her brow smoothes out.

"That's fine. If we each take a bag we can unload it all at once," she suggests, turning and walking over to the Olds' trunk.

Mulder flips the opener on his keyring and the trunk pops. All three of us cluster

around the trunk and Mulder lifts the hood up. Scully's garment bag, carry-on and shoulder purse lie before us inside. Mulder's luggage is in there as well. I raise my eyebrows. He must really be ready to make that trip to Crossroads I think smiling inwardly. Scully reaches for her garment bag and I gently maneuver to get it first. She gives me a little arch of her eyebrow and I shrug. What can I say...yeah...I'm old-fashioned. I always figure the guy should take the bigger stuff. Mulder uses the diversion to grab her carry-on. She steps back giving him a rather stunned look. He just smirks at her and carries her bag back towards the Jeep. I smile and gesture for her to proceed me. Finally Scully surrenders her independence graciously and laughs a little to herself as she takes her purse out and walks after Mulder.

Mulder uses his keys to open the Jeep's hatch and he and I stow Scully's bags in the back next to mine. Scully keeps her shoulder purse for now. I slam the hatch down and turn to my two lovers.

"Oh, my CDs," Scully comments.

"Oh yeah. Hang on," Mulder replies. He goes quickly to the Olds and retrieves two CDs from the front seat. He jogs back and hands them to Scully.

"Wouldn't want you to forget your Mozart," he adds, smiling at her.

"Thank you," Scully replies, smiling as well.

"So...I guess we'll get some breakfast," I suggest.

"Ok. Later," Mulder replies. Then he steps forward and extends his hand to me. I clasp it and he pulls me impulsively into a bear hug, squeezing me like hell.

"It'll be fine. You two enjoy yourself," he whispers in my ear.

I nod and hug him back hard.

He releases me and walks over to Scully. She takes him around the waist as he hugs her as well. I can see his lips moving but can't hear what he's saying to her. She hugs him harder as he speaks and pats his back for a second. He releases her finally and steps back, clearing his throat.

"So much for my own advice about PDA," he comments quietly. "Ah, what the hell. You two have a blast. Just call me on the cell phone when you want to make it a three way party," he adds sotto voce.

"You got it," I reply, smiling into his intense hazel eyes.

Scully moves over to my side and nods in agreement.

"We'll call," she affirms, smiling.

Mulder grins, nods and turns back to the Olds Intrigue. Scully and I watch him as he gets in. He fumbles around on the front seat for a second and then turns around and gives us a little wave. We wave back, he turns the key in the ignition and backs out of the parking space. He cranks the wheel around angling the car and then hits the gas to pull away from us. He turns once more and waves and both of us wave back again. Then he's gone, accelerating out of the parking lot and back out onto the highway. He takes a left turn instead of a right one and I frown. Isn't he going back to DC? Where the hell...oh shit...

Scully sighs a little next to me.

"I thought so," she whispers.

"What?" I ask looking down into her concerned profile. She looks away from the road and up at me.

"That remark about getting into work?"

"Yeah?"

"Well I made him promise that he would take the afternoon off even though he said he had to go in this morning. He agreed he'd go shoot some hoops or something. Relax, you know."

"Ok..."

"Well I think he lied. I think he arranged for the whole day off anyway."

"No shit. Yeah...he had his luggage packed already and he turned away from DC..." I reply, looking out into the road again. Yeah, away from DC and in a direction that could take him to...Connecticut. I got the idea where he might be going right away.

"Exactly. The rental car was the first thing that tipped me off though," Scully continues, interrupting my train of thought. "He's paranoid but not that paranoid about being detected on the trip. Walter...I think Mulder's going to see his mother. He's going to Connecticut...and he's going unannounced and 'undercover' so that she won't have as much of a chance to turn him away."

"I wondered about the rental. I gave him the benefit of the doubt on the luggage though. But that turn away from DC... for Christ sake. I could just kick his ass. We've been trying to be more forthcoming about this kind of thing. Damn it. I wish he'd said something to one of us."

"Oh, I agree with you there. I guess we'll need to discuss with him the idea of communicating with us better," Scully replies quietly looking up at me. I sense her gaze and look down on her again. No shit we need to communicate. Oh yeah, and Mulder isn't the only one with communication problems. Looking down into Scully's intelligent blue eyes I get the impression she knows full well what's going on in back of mine right now as I answer her.

"I guess...yeah...we all need to talk more. I...I'm hoping we can do a lot of that this weekend," I reply, softly, touching her arm. "Scully...I have a lot I want to say to you...uh..."

"Walter...I know. Well...I don't know the details but...I get the feeling we have some things to discuss...and they don't all pertain to Mulder. But, let's take this a step at a time, ok? I could really use a cup of coffee right now," she replies, letting her smile serve to make me a little less nervous about her words.

"Yeah...I need a cup too," I reply, shaking my head a little to clear it.

God damn Mulder. Well trust him to think not saying anything would keep us from worrying about him. He kept his counsel so we could have our time together in peace I bet. Hell, I knew he meant well. The only thing he neglected to consider was the fact we weren't born yesterday. Both of us are professional investigators, for Christ sake. We're naturally geared towards noticing suspicious behavior.

Ah fuck it. He's a big boy. I have to hope he knows best where his mother is concerned and he'll handle the situation. Personally I don't know how he's going to manage explaining to Teena Mulder that he's bisexual and having a three way relationship, but...he's a psychologist for crying out loud. I have to hope he figured he could handle it and not expect us to be holding his hand afterwards. Oh shit. That's uncharitable. I should know better and listen to my own viewpoint where Mulder's backbone is concerned. He's going to handle it even if his means of handling it isn't exactly productive to communication in this three way relationship. He just needs to get with the program as far as being honest with us. Just like I do. So, sure, that'll be on the agenda when he gets to Crossroads.

But I understand what's going through his mind. I do appreciate how much he wants to settle the matter with his mother and how that starts to almost become an all-consuming obsession. I certainly know what's driving him to settle it, believe me. He's enough like me in this instance that I know having the fact his mother isn't in the loop at least in acknowledging his lifestyle is driving him up the wall. So, maybe he felt he had to just try one more time with her regarding the issue before he came up to be with us. I don't blame him. My bringing him down to Judge's Point was in the same spirit really. I was confronting my family with the obvious. I think Mulder's surprise visit to his mother is a similar situation.

Well, whatever. Here's another instance where the 'go with the flow' dictum seems to fit. Besides, I have concerns of my own here I think as I look down at Scully. We have concerns of our own. She studies my face for a moment and then speaks.

"I guess we can't worry about him," she adds.

"I don't think he wants us to worry about him," I reply quietly, gesturing for her to proceed me into the diner.

Scully makes a small noise of agreement and turns to walk ahead of me towards the diner's door.

xXx

I stare into the rearview mirror at Scully and Walter and know immediately from the twin expressions on their faces that I was a total chump to think they wouldn't catch on as to what I'm going to do. Shit. I mean I'm not pointing this car back to DC am I? You know...I should have my ass kicked. Mulder...you're fucking delusional sometimes.

Well...the damage is done. I hope they understand I thought I was doing the right thing. I didn't want them to have to be wondering how discussions were going between Teena and me. If there are any discussions. I'm considering approaching the subject by just talking with my mother about being involved with a man first. That's going to be the most difficult part. If she'll talk about that I'll work up to Scully and then the idea I'm seeing them both. But I'm playing it all by ear. God knows what's going to happen. She may not even allow me in the house. But going up there without warning may just give me enough time to get my foot in the door.

If going to see her unannounced doesn't work I guess I'll just get a hotel room, catch up on my adult channel viewing and jerk off until Walter or Scully calls me. Oh man...I don't mean to sound so bitter. Come on...let's try to be optimistic at least. Maybe this will work. Maybe my mother will welcome me with open arms. Hey, I could get lucky. I've gotten lucky twice in a very big way here lately. Yeah...if I could get lucky enough to have Scully and Walter in my life maybe my mother will come around too. You never know.

But one thing I do know. No matter what happens - when Walter or Scully calls me to Crossroads...I'm going and I'm not going to let anything that happens with Teena stand in the way of our happiness when I get there. No...Teena and my issues aren't going to ruin the relationship I have with them. No fucking way. I'll bite the bullet and apologize for not being forthright about going to see my mother as well. I need to apologize for acting like a jerk, that's for sure.

I nod matter-of-factly and reach down to the seat. I couldn't get a rental with a CD player in it, so I have my own shock resistant portable plugged in to the dashboard lighter. It sat between Scully and I on the way to the diner, playing Mozart at her request. Now, it's going to play something a little more...Mulder. I

depress the play button, skip ahead to track 7 on the CD and the music blasts out of the speakers. As I accelerate up the freeway towards Connecticut, Rob Zombie wails the lyrics to 'Spookshow Baby' and I sing along, joining in at the top of my lungs.

xXx

Thursday, September 16, 1999. 8:30 AM. The Tidewater Diner. Laurel, Maryland.

"Would your wife like more coffee too, sir?"

"What? Oh, I'm sorry...uh...yes...thank you," I reply as the waitress stands at our table side.

Scully went to the rest room after we finished our meal. We'd been nursing our last cup of coffee, making small-talk that we felt was safe to make in public. Actually it was quite pleasant and chatting about her mother and my family made the hour or so it took us to eat a light breakfast very enjoyable indeed.

The waitress' question took me off guard of course. Partly for the obvious reason that when someone says wife I still think of Sharon. But also partly because I didn't correct her. Yeah...after she asked it I realized it didn't sound farfetched or unrealistic at all and I didn't want to tell her Scully wasn't my wife. I mean under other circumstances...hell if things were way different I might have made a play for Scully. Courted her and asked her to marry me. Yeah, if I wasn't an AD for the FBI, if I wasn't in love with Mulder and her, if I wasn't involved in fighting a global conspiracy that...well you get the idea. But at any rate, the idea that someone thinks Scully's my wife doesn't bother me at all I suddenly realize. It's flattering and I kind of enjoy the notion. I don't know what Scully would think about it. I have to hope she'd feel it was at least an interesting idea if not a pleasant one.

As I watch the waitress fill Scully's cup, Scully returns and interrupts my train of thought. I stand as she comes back to her seat.

"Oh, thank you," she comments to the waitress.

"My pleasure," the waitress replies looking at me with a mixture of surprise and approval as I stand and wait for Scully to take her seat again. Scully sits back down and so do I. The waitress gives me a smile and then smiles at Scully and addresses her again. "When you and your husband are ready, just give me the high sign, I'll bring the check."

Oh brother...I glance at Scully to see her face take on a look of first surprise and then gentle amusement. The waitress leaves the table and Scully shifts closer to her coffee cup.

"Sorry," I apologize immediately.

"For her comment?"

"Yeah," I reply, toying with my coffee cup. "It must have been a little awkward for you."

"Oh, don't worry about it. I would imagine that's liable to happen a bit on this trip. You know...people assume, even without the rings..." she lets her voice trail off and shrugs.

"You don't mind?" I ask her carefully, taking a sip of my coffee.

She moves a strand of hair away from her face and takes up her cup.

"No...I don't think I mind at all," she smiles at me and sips her coffee as well.

I almost choke on my coffee as a mixture of relief and joy makes my throat constrict. I set the cup down and bow my head for a moment to get my swallowing under control.

Scully laughs softly.

"Well I didn't envision that reaction but I'll take it as a compliment," she observes, putting her cup down.

I catch my breath and laugh.

"I'm just complimented by the idea that you didn't mind the assumption," I reply, looking up at her and smiling. "I mean...you know...you and me...it's...it's flattering to hear you say it."

She looks at me seriously then for a moment and then reaches across and touches my knuckles briefly. When she withdraws her hand she speaks in a low voice made only for my ears to hear.

"You know what I said about short-changing yourself, Walter? Don't ever think I don't find you worthy of...of anything, all right? Don't ever forget that."

I nod and feel guilt make my guts clench. How could I have ever doubted my love for this woman? Looking in Scully's eyes right now how could I have been so blind?

"Thanks, Scully...I...I really...well...just thanks," I reply, struggling to get the words out. Damn it. We are really going to have that discussion at the first possible moment.

"Your ears are turning red," she observes, giggling a little.

I stare at her for a second and then I shake my head and laugh. I thought they felt hot. Oh what the hell, I might as well face the fact I'm going to act like a fumbling smitten idiot on a regular basis during this trip. The sooner I get used to the idea, the less I'll let it worry me I guess.

"Yeah, I know. What can I say?" I reply, chuckling.

"How about, check please?" she replies, smiling as she deflects my embarrassment.

I laugh again feeling my discomfiture abate further under the good-natured banter.

"I take it that means you've had enough coffee?"

"Oh yes, I'm well 'caffeinated' now. We can go if you're ready."

"Yes, ma'am, I think I'm ready to hit the road," I reply, signaling for the waitress.

xXx

Thursday, September 16, 1999. 2 PM. A rest stop between Laurel, Maryland, and Crossroads, Maine.

"Now, I insist. You got breakfast. Lunch is on me," Scully states matter-of-factly as I pull into the rest stop parking place.

"That seems equitable," I reply, braking and putting the Jeep in park. I cut the ignition and both of us scan the building ahead of us.

"Well I guess we have a choice of Hardees or...Hardees," I observe, turning to Scully with a raised eyebrow. "Would you rather drive on and find something a little less uh...Hardees?"

She chuckles.

"No, this is all right. I'm not terribly hungry anyway. If this is fine with you we can eat here," she answers. "Do you want to eat in or take it to go?"

"It'll do for me. I have no preference on dining in or taking out. You?"

"I think I'd like to get out of the Jeep for a bit actually."

"Then inside it is," I reply moving to undo my seat belt. I unbuckle it and then reach behind my door to the hook over the back door on my side. I take my leather coat down so I can put it on when I exit the Jeep. It's still a little cooler out and besides, I decided to wear my piece today so the coat will cover my weapon.

"Great," she replies, reaching for her seat belt as well. She undoes the seat belt and reaches back for her jacket for the same reasons I did. I guess we're both weather and regulation conscious today. She takes her purse up from the seat between us and shifts to leave the Jeep.

"Ok. I'll meet you in front of Hardees. I need to...use the facilities," I add, opening the driver's side door.

"I had the same idea" she replies, opening her door as well.

Both of us climb out, pull on our jackets and then stretch our legs a little. Scully swings her purse over her shoulder and then flexes her arms. As she flexes she looks around the parking lot.

"So, you still want to drive for a while after lunch?" I ask her speculatively, cracking my neck. I flex my muscles and then scan the lot as well. I'd chuckle at our behavior if it wasn't so ironic. We're both scoping things out like good little Fibbies. Well good little Fibbies and co-workers who probably shouldn't be fraternizing, not to mention two parts of a three way love triangle. Christ. Life as a soap opera. Maybe I should laugh after all. I banish my moribund thinking and focus on her as she continues to look around before answering.

We spent the first part of the trip in small-talk between stretches of silence. Scully was contemplative a good deal of the time, and so was I to tell you the truth. I had a lot to think about and I imagine her mind is running down the same paths as well. But a moving car isn't the place to get our issues out in the open. It's as if both of us recognize that idea and are waiting until we sense it's the right moment to bring up the suggestion we open up to each other. We'll get to Crossroads and then we can get down to business. One part of my mind was telling me to wait a little while longer while the other part is yelling 'talk to her...talk to her now and just clear the air'. But I couldn't quite bring myself to do it. So, instead we passed the time in idle but pleasant chit-chat and the matter of my revelations simmered just below the surface.

Besides the conversation, Scully was also enjoying the scenery it seems. We ended up making some small-talk about it and that led to discussion about the changing seasons, winter coming on and the like. She commented on how much she liked the idea of a four or all wheel drive vehicle for winter travel and was even contemplating buying a Subaru Outback Sport. She really liked the looks of the Jeep too and that launched us into a discussion on SUVs in general and then back to how much Mulder had enthused about driving this one. She asked my opinion on the merits of several SUVs and I told her out of all the ones I test drove I just happened to like the Jeep the best.

That branched off into how Mulder was sometimes reluctant to give up the wheel on a case and how Scully would practically have to pry him out of the driver's seat with the tire jack. It's a guy thing I told her. I'm as guilty of it as the next guy, I admitted as well. But I told her if it was any consolation Mulder usually had to do the prying when it came to me and the Jeep's driver's seat. Of course that brought a raised eyebrow and I asked her if she wanted to drive, figuring that was the point behind this part of the conversation in the first place. Bingo. I was right. She really wanted to drive the Jeep in order to compare it with the Outback.

I told her she could have just asked and she said well sure, but it was more fun to watch me stew when she led up to the question. I laughed. Then I pulled out the spare keys to the Jeep I had made for her ahead of time and the surprised look of pleasure on her face was worth every minute of her teasing as well as my playing along with it in order to watch her reaction when I gave her the keys.

You know...I could really learn to enjoy this kind of bantering. Now I see why Mulder enjoys talking to Scully this way. It's...it's kind of challenging...keeps you on your toes and...ok...it's kind of a turn-on too.

We continued to talk about Mulder's proclivity to hog the wheel. She told me one of Mulder's main objections at one point had been that they'd have to keep adjusting the seat. I never even thought of that angle for some reason. I just figured Mulder was following that motto that guys have...you know the Hertz motto? 'Leave the driving to us'? But I didn't figure on the height excuse. Maybe it's because the force of Scully's personality, her consummate professionalism on the job always made her seem larger physically to me? It's the reason I just assumed she'd like to share the driving chores I guess. Well, at any rate, I told her I figured we could adjust the seat with no problem. After that discussion she drifted off to sleep and I thought she needed the rest and let her doze.

"Oh yes, I'm not letting you off on that one," she finally replies, chuckling. "I really do want to compare the Jeep with the Subaru."

"No problem. You know...you might consider the Jeep Wrangler as well. I might have gotten one of those if I didn't need more leg room," I reply, teasing her a little.

"Now, now..." she replies, giving me a mock frown. "No more remarks about my being vertically challenged."

"Yes, ma'am. I stand corrected," I reply, smiling at her. "But seriously...the Jeep Wrangler is a good vehicle and..."

She takes another quick look around, walks over, leans up and kisses me on the lips, stopping my explanation dead in its tracks. She steps back quickly before I can have a chance to react. My look of stunned surprise makes her laugh.

"See...height differences can be overcome quite easily," Scully comments. "And yes, I've actually considered the Jeep Wrangler," she adds, turning to walk off towards the rest stop building. I bark a quick laugh.

"I'll give you marks for resourcefulness, Agent," I reply, locking the Jeep up with my keychain remote.

Scully's laughter trails behind her and I follow in its wake, shaking my head in bemusement, as she heads through the building's entrance. I guess I should have seen that coming I think, recalling a stolen kiss in an elevator from many months ago.

xXx

Thursday, September 16, 1999. 3:30 PM. On the highway between the rest stop and Crossroads, Maine.

I wake up to Vivaldi and Scully's smile.

"Oh...sorry...I guess I dozed off," I mumble coming fully awake. I watch Scully's profile for a moment. She's behind the wheel, concentrating on the road but her smile widens slightly. She must have found the small stack of CDs I put under the driver's seat and decided to switch from Mozart to Vivaldi since I wasn't making for a very lively conversational companion.

"You were snoring," she laughs musically.

"Oh man...that must have drowned out the Vivaldi," I reply, shaking my head and staring out the window to get my bearings. We've driven quite some distance. According to the road sign that we pass as I take in the scenery, another hour and a half or so and we'll be at Dragon's Roost.

"Actually you hadn't worked yourself up to the uh...747 decibel level yet," she replies, glancing at me.

"Mulder says I alternate between locomotive and 747 depending on the circumstances," I twitch a smile and straighten up from where I'd slouched in the seat. "Although when we were on Judge's Point he did use the term 'buzz-saw' at one point. I seem to remember someone else saying that once...at Christmas in Dragon's Roost," I add giving her a wry look.

"Oh, I'm just kidding. The only times I've heard you snore badly were when you'd been drinking. Otherwise...you don't snore any worse than Mulder," Scully replies.

"Or you," I tease her.

"Why, Mr. Skinner. Are you implying that I snore?" she asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, I am," I retort, chuckling.

She glances at me and then her laughter bubbles up again.

"Ok...I confess. I know I do. I know I did in Crossroads too. Besides, even my mother's told me I snore. So, I can't deny it."

"Honesty is the best policy," I answer without thinking and then I wince. Oh hell. Yeah...honesty...good move, Skinner. Way to remind us I've yet to be honest with her.

"Uh...exactly," Scully replies quietly and then she shifts a little in the seat as I make an awkward clearing of my throat.

Scully is silent again as she refocuses her attention on the road. I see the muscle in her jaw jump slightly and I know that she's probably thinking about what I need to say to her again as much as I am.

In that moment I realize I can't let the unspoken issue that sits heavy between us go unspoken any longer. It's way too awkward and we'll be dancing around it for the next hour and a half at least, if not longer while we unpack and get moved into Dragon's Roost. It's making me uncomfortable and obviously if that jumping jaw musclesis any indication, it's making Scully uncomfortable as well. No, we need to get the matter out in the open. I hate to do it while we're driving though. Like I said, a moving car isn't really conducive to discussion but...then how...damn it there must be a way to get this discussion underway. As I mull the idea over, fate presents me with the opportunity to stop the car and not let the issue weigh on us any longer at all.

"Pull over," I admonish her.

"What?" she asks startled.

"That emergency stopping area ahead. Pull off there, Scully," I insist as she glances at me.

"Are you all right?" she asks, concerned as she steers the car off the road and into the small area that's made for breakdowns or other emergencies.

"I'm fine...I...just pull over," I reply watching the area ahead as she winds through traffic. She reaches the breakdown area without trouble and pulls the Jeep into it, putting the SUV in park. She turns off the CD player, cuts the ignition and turns in her seat belt to look at me.

"What is it, Walter?" she asks, her brow furrowing.

Continued in Part 3
Back to Story Page