Author name: Bertie
Email:
bermille@earthlink.net
Title: Mulder's Plan
Series: Possibilities, Chapter 6
Rating: NC-17
Pairing: M/K, M/Sk
Category: Since there is some plot, it is slowly changing from a PWP, but into what?
Spoilers/warnings: WIP, some schmoop
Disclaimer: It goes without saying that the characters within don't belong to me, except for Rico. Would anyone seriously give them to me if they had a choice?
Summary: Mulder involves Skinner in helping Krycek leave the Consortium
Notes: Thanks a billion to my lovely betas Michele and Jo, without whom this would be a total mess! BTW, I am seriously considering hanging myself if I don't get some feedback soon! HINT HINT 

Mulder woke and found himself alone in his apartment.

"Well, Alex did say he wouldn't be here all week." He took a shower and dressed, a little glad that Alex wasn't going to be there all week. Mulder was uncertain how to react to Skinner once he was at work.

"As long as Alex leaves me alone for a while, maybe I can balance things easier," Mulder thought to himself.

Luckily, the first thing was a trip out of town with Scully in tow and only a cursory briefing by Skinner before they left. In no time, he forgot his lovers for the real love of his life-the X-files. The professional aloofness that Skinner showed him helped to keep Mulder focused the rest of the week and only his eyes revealed a gleam that seemed to wink at Mulder once in a while.

Mulder wondered about Alex and this other man in Alex's life. "If only he would confide in me!"

Muder sighed as he entered his apartment, hoping to see Alex before he left to Walter's for the weekend. Alex wasn't there. He shrugged and decided a run might clear his head. He pulled on his sweats and T-shirt. He doubted Walter and he would do much running, conserving their energy for major lovemaking. He smiled as he tied his running shoes.

The run was good for him. He came back to his apartment, spirits up, thinking of spending a glorious weekend at Walter's. Just as he opened the door, a 190-pound ex-agent attacked him.

"Alex!"

"Baby, you're so sexy when you're back from your runs."

"I'm all sweaty and I stink!"

"All the better, I love you like this."

Mulder sighed. He couldn't resist a seriously horny Alex. He ran his tongue over Alex's lips as his lover's fingers ran down his back and into his sweat pants. Mulder pressed himself closer to his black clad lover by gripping Alex's firm ass. Alex winced. "Fuck, don't do that, baby."

"Alex, do you love this man who does this to you?"

Alex groaned and pulled away. "Fox, you know that I can't talk to you about that."

"Why not? I told you I love - my other man. Why can't you tell me if you love the man who does this to you practically every time you're away from me?"

Alex nodded. "Ok, baby. I did. I did love R-rico at one time but now--now I wonder if he really loves me or just wants to have me as some sort of prized possession."

Mulder was shocked Alex revealed the man's name. He'd never said his name before. Maybe there was some hope...

"Do you want to leave him, Alex?"

Alex pulled away and put his hand up to his face, his truncated arm pressed tightly to his body.

"Yes, I think I do, but how? If I leave, he'll send any number of goons after me. Plus the Consortium will want a piece of me, too. If I leave, I'll have to leave for good."

"Let me help you, baby."

"You can't do that. Rico knows who you are. He wouldn't hesitate to track you down even if the Consortium would kill him. I think he's a little off his rocker."

"I know of people who can help you."

"Who?"

"Well, my friends the Lone Gunmen-"

Alex snorted. "Give me a break!"

"What about Skinner?" Mulder said it before thinking and nearly cried out in fear of revealing something.

"My former boss who'd just as easily kill me as look at me?"

"He's got some influence and he's bound to know some people who could help you."

"So you're telling me my options are the three stooges or an ex-Marine who's liable to eat me for lunch as soon as look at me? No thanks, I'd rather face what Rico has for me than either of those options."

Mulder pouted then whispered, "Please tell me you'll at least think about it, lover."

Alex stared at Mulder's sweet pouty lip and grunted out, "Ok, I'll think about it."

He pulled Mulder to him and kissed the pout from Mulder's lips, then purred, "I'd be more obliging if you stayed with me this weekend, baby."

Mulder shook his head. "I can't do that to- to him, Alex. I will come back early Sunday, I promise."

Mulder knew he had to tell Walter something, he just wasn't sure what. To reveal Alex as his lover would certainly screw his plans up. Mulder was certain Walter could help Alex.

Mulder pressed Alex to him. "Come on, lover, we have tonight at least."

Alex smiled. "That's my sweet love monkey talking."

*******************

Alex felt the bed shake as Mulder got up. He rolled over and pretended to still be asleep. Mulder meanwhile was dressing hurriedly and only stopped to glance over at Alex on the bed for a moment before leaving. When he heard the door shut, Alex rose and dressed quickly, leaving his prosthesis behind. He had no time for it now.

He watched Mulder get into his car then waited until he saw the direction he was heading before getting into his own car. He stayed several cars back but because of the lateness of the hour, there wasn't very much traffic and the streetlights kept it bright enough for him to see Mulder's car ahead.

"Where the fuck are you going, Mulder?" Alex wondered as he watched his lover's car heading east. "You're not going back to the JEH are you?"

But Mulder suddenly turned off and headed into Crystal City.

Alex pondered it for a bit then groaned, "Fuck no, Mulder. Don't you dare go and tell Skinner..."

Alex couldn't believe Mulder would mess with his weekend to visit his boss on a Friday night at two in the morning. Skinner would have a fit. Not feeling particularly benevolent towards his lover at this late hour, Alex shrugged and thought. "Fine, let him learn the hard way."

He went around the block before going back and entering into the parking lot that Mulder had just pulled into. "Well, he shouldn't be here too long. I'll wait and follow him when he returns."

**********************

While Alex was in the parking lot, waiting, Mulder entered Skinner's apartment with a key he was given earlier in the week. It was dark, but there was a single lamp on, so he tiptoed up the stairs and into the bedroom. Skinner was snoring lightly and Mulder was happy he was still asleep. He did not relish waking the sleeping AD. There was only the dim light from downstairs to go by so he went cautiously to the bed.

"Might as well wake a sleeping lion," he thought wisely. He began taking his shirt and jeans off. Setting his keys as quietly as he could on top of the discarded clothes, he then turned and lay gingerly in the bed. He cried out when the AD's big hands grabbed him.

"Walter! You scared the fuck out of me!"

"Never sneak up on a Marine, agent."

"Yes, sir!"

Walter snickered and kissed his shaking lover into quiescence.

"Better?"

"Oh yeah," breathed Mulder.

As the big man continued to kiss his suddenly reluctant lover, Mulder tried to speak, "Walt-"*smooch*"...I have to" *lick* "...speak" *kiss* "...to you-Halt!"

Mulder's hand covered Skinner's mouth.

"As much as I enjoy your kisses, love, I need to speak to you about something important."

He pulled his hand away when he felt Skinner soften against him. Skinner reached over and flicked the bedside lamp on.

"Is it about your other lover?" he asked after turning his attention back to Mulder.

"Other?"

"Don't play coy with me, Mulder. I know that there's someone else in your life. It's kind of hard to miss when the evidence is right there."

"Where?"

"On your neck, Mulder. The other side of where I put my mark. I sorta figured it out that you were with another. I don't blame you. You're young, attractive...hell, I still can't figure why you picked me-"

Mulder shook his head. "No, none of that. I'm sorry I didn't tell you right off. I hate games like that. My l-lover and I have been doing it too often lately...I owe you an apology for that. But that doesn't mean you should question how I feel about you, Walter. He was my first male lover but that isn't really what I wanted to talk to you about...only partly. There is someone who needs your help. Someone who needs more than just a safe home."

Walter seemed to be paying close attention so Mulder continued.

"Before I tell you who it is, I want you to understand the situation. This man has proven to me that he is sincere in his desire to leave the Consortium-"

When Skinner began to interrupt Mulder shook his head, "Let me finish and then you can ask or say anything."

Mulder sighed then nodded, "Yes, it is someone we both know, and it is someone who I know you may not want to trust--It's Krycek."

Skinner looked into Mulder's eyes. "If you didn't look so sincere, Mulder, I would have thought you were pulling my leg."

Mulder returned the look, gazing deeply into Skinner's warm brown eyes, "I am sincere in this and so is he. I know he really wants to leave and I know that he isn't playing a trick or trying to deceive me with some Consortium plan. I don't even think he knows that I'm going to you. I did mention you, but I don't really think he liked the idea at all."

Skinner put his hand to Mulder's face. "I believe you. But you must realize I have to think about this. I have to be sure that he's not just playing games...plus, I think we have at least all weekend for me to consider it. Right now I have much better ideas in mind."

With that they kissed deeply and all thoughts of Krycek fled.

*******************************

He waited. And waited. And waited. He couldn't believe Mulder would be there for so long. Surely the gruff AD would have sent Mulder on his way the minute he showed up for something other than work. Alex suddenly became suspicious. Maybe Mulder had revealed that they were lovers and Skinner had decided to kill Mulder or torture him.

"Maybe he's kidnapping him in order to get information out of me-whatever he's doing, it probably ain't pretty."

With that thought, Alex convinced himself that there was no time like the present to find out precisely what the hell was going on.

Once he was able to get into the building itself, getting to the 17th floor was a piece of cake. He stared at the door to Skinner's apartment for a moment, wondering what he should do. Knock, barge in, or sneak in? Sneaking seemed to be the best option. He put his ear to the door and tried to hear any noise. There seemed to be nothing but muffled sounds, as if from a distance.

"Good. They aren't in the living room. Well that helps," he thought to himself.

He quickly picked the lock and entered the apartment. He heard nothing for a moment and wondered if the sound he'd heard had been just his imagination or maybe from another apartment. He shut the door softly, and then he heard another noise. It was a muffled moan.

"What the fuck is that bastard doing to Mulder?" he almost whispered that out loud. He caught it in time, then looked up from the bottom of the stairs as he heard another, louder, sound.

"Oh God, yes!"

Alex froze. He knew exactly what that was. "The little slut! Is he selling his --" he stopped that thought. He looked down at his watch and shook his head.

"No fucking way! That little slut has been boinking his boss?!" The thought seemed to slither around in his mind and he wondered if there was a way to shoot it.

He then heard the squeaking of a mattress and the grunts of what could only be a certain surly AD who was thoroughly enjoying himself.

"Fuck, I gotta see this to believe it," he told himself and quietly began to ascend the stairs. Once in the hall, just before the bedroom entrance, Alex paused. It had suddenly become deathly quiet. He had not heard a cry of completion.

"Oh shit," he thought then said it out loud when a hand grabbed his wrist just as he maneuvered himself in front of the doorway.

"Krycek, what the fuck are you doing here?" it was a low bark, ready to turn fierce if need be. His wrist was wrapped in a steel-like grip. Useless to even try to escape. He turned his attention to the man who gripped his wrist: A bare-chested AD in tight jeans that barely hid an impressive erection and nothing else. His gun was smoothly removed by the AD who tucked into his back pocket.

"Well, now I see the attraction," said one part of his brain to the other.

"Shut the fuck up!" groaned the other side.

"Well?!" this time a much gruffer bark, tinging on ferocity.

"Walter, he probably followed me," said Mulder hidden somewhere behind the big man.

"Is that true?"

Alex nodded then became very pissed.

"Is this what you do on your weekends, Walt? Fuck your subordinates? Maybe I should've stayed in the FBI."

"As if."

Those words coming from the burly AD seemed incongruous to his nature. Alex caught sight of a very sheepish Mulder pulling on a T-shirt. His little hard points of desire were quickly covered.

"What do you think we should do with him, Mulder?"

"Walter, you know what I was talking about earlier, about getting Krycek help to leave the Consortium-you really think you can do that?"

Walter's head flipped back to Alex, still being pressed into the door. Alex smiled at him, then batted his lashes, sarcastically playing the damsel in distress for a moment. Walter turned his attention once more to Mulder.

"Wait a minute--are you saying that this is your 'first time,' Mulder? I couldn't figure out why you would wanna help the rat bastard but now I'm getting the full picture."

"Walter, it's not what you think. Alex really is in trouble and he wants to leave-don't you, Alex?" Mulder's voice was becoming whiny.

Alex didn't say anything at first, then in a quiet, though hardly subdued voice, he declared, "Skinner, Mulder and I have been lovers for a year now. I think you should know that before agreeing to help me."

Walter removed his hands from Krycek and folded his arms under his chest, staring back and forth between Mulder and Krycek.

"That's one impressive chest!" thought Alex then smiled to himself, remembering another time when he'd had the chance to briefly glance at it. He was frowning a second later as he then remembered the crippling blow the older man had administered immediately after.

Walter sighed. "OK. I will help you, Krycek."

Alex stared at him as if he were an alien. "You really mean to help me?"

"Of course. I don't play games with something like this, Krycek."

Alex seemed to deflate, feeling he had someone to help him, finally.

Continued in Chapter 7