Thrall The blame for this poem rests entirely with a fellow student in my creative writing class {thanx Charity!} who wrote a lovely villanelle that contained the following lines: What can I say to you a man unknown The love that moves is not the love you've shown This made me think of a certain mountie that we all know and love. I have written it so that the speaker is not revealed, so feel free to insert whichever character you like. This is my first fan fic piece and I would very much like to hear your thoughts on it, I am lucky__13@juno.com Thrall I look up at the pale moon pale, like the whites of your eyes blue irises like dusk a moonlit pool black pearl pupil staring up from the murky depths Unable to wrench my fevered gaze away, I watch you Fascinated What signal directs the muscles of your face to move as they do? expanding and contracting below the skin your mystery mocks me Even as it draws me further driving me into obsession sweet as air But could my interest withstand your riddles unraveling? The pondering is useless eons of observation could not yield to me the complicated creature that is You Why must you torment me so? do you delight in my confusion? or are you-blithely unaware Innocent of the all-encompassing fascination you wake in me? Do you know how my every sense has become so thoughtfully attuned to you subtleties? Sometimes I can almost hear... your thoughts like grains of sand sifting and shifting round in your head But you keep them all to yourself Sometimes I can almost hear... your heart beating so quietly I see you nearly every day yet you remain an enigma I should leave it alone but I wonder... What do you dream of at night?