Invasion Invasion was inspired by a short story entitled Somedays by Cat Dukda about Meg Thatcher's preoccupation with Benton Fraser and the resentment it causes her to feel. This poem is dedicated to Cat in appreciation for her insight, inspiration and friendship. I also wish to thank Diana Read for her editorial advice and encouragement. But most of all, this poem is for a sweet and secret friend. Comments appreciated: Cheryl Ross cross@fingon.norlink.net INVASION leave me alone, love let me sleep at night I'm tired of your face filling up my solitude your words tumbling through my brain like pebbles in a stream don't call my name, love all night long don't haunt my dreams til weary dawn give me some lonely peace I must not let you claim every part of me drain the last drop from the bewildered heart of me -- stop stealing me away soul thief I'm not used to handing out myself to every man that comes along give me time to learn the art of sweet surrender don't take me all at once like this first just the lips just a kiss then take my arms possess my skin use me up or draw me in but slowly love don't rush my heart go easily take softly love you frighten me pity love, pity me release me love set me free.