Body *"DO YOU STILL LOVE ME?"* *By GILDA LILY* Rating: PG Pairing: Benny/Ray Category: Poetry Warning: Major Angst ("CALL OF THE WILD") Disclaimer: I don't own 'em, Alliance does, more's the pity. Comments can be sent to: jeanniemarie@sprintmail.com (c) April 4, 1999 It hurts. You took Another bullet For me. Yet you can't seem to Welcome me back Into your life. Did you know That you never even Looked at me While we were In Welsh's office? I was staring at you Like a starving man, And you never glanced My way. Oh, Ray, What are you afraid of? Do you think that I've Fallen For the other Ray? I like him, Very much, But as a friend, A brother, But he's not My heart. *You* are my Ray. *Mine.* I've been in Purgatory For nine months, Waiting for your return, So that I could start Living again. And now... When I first saw you Across that hotel lobby, My mind didn't know you, But my body did. My pulse raced, And my heart beat Faster, As my legs propelled me Across a thousand lifetimes And up those stairs, In desperate haste. Part of me *knew* It was you. All I knew was That I couldn't lose you. And then the door opened, And you were there, And I smiled With all my heart. And later, When you called me 'Benny', My heart overflowed With joy. But you seemed Distant After that. Have you grown tired Of me? Did you learn That you could live Without me? Oh, Ray, When I saw you Run toward Muldoon, My blood ran cold. He fired, And you dropped. My protector... Again. I love you so much My heart aches. I want to feel Your arms Around me, Hear your sweet Laughter In my ear, Your gentle touch On my skin. Do you still love me? Why can't you say it?