Diefenbaker was.............. Diefenbaker was a deaf wolf He couldn't understand Why people needed words To say they had doughnuts in their hands. He was a junk food addict And eachtime they went near A doughnut van or restaurant He didn't need to hear - He could smell the lovely odour Of the food cooking inside And everytime he just looked cute And everyone just cried. They found him irresistible And always fed him well But poor old Dief got too fat And his tummy began to swell. He got so big with all this food That he had to go on a diet Of sugar candy, crisps and sweets Don't even mention a fry up. Eventually, Dief got so big He couldn't even walk But it didn't really bother him People still came to his door. They took pity on the poor creature Whose appetite was huge And sent him to a health farm For some weight to loose. This Dief did with splendour He really did do well He could now return to Chicago After all, he'd been to hell! For Dief had learned his lesson And learned his lesson well He didn't want to go back there He didn't want to tell - Of the the nasty little people Who peered at him each day To make sure he was eating In a proper wolf like way. The moral of this story Means different things to some But don't forget, just don't let Your appetite become The centre of your lifestyle The cherry on the cake Sugar doughnuts, candy floss A good wolf just don't make.