Fraser ran his hand over his pocket, assuring himself his package was still in tact Title: "Things Are Not Always As They Seem" Author: Amanda A. Tikkanen (atikkane@online.emich.edu or uberpest@hotmail.com ) Ratings: G Genre: Gen Category: Romance, Pairing(s): FraserThatcher Spoilers: None Teaser: Title says it all Archive: Ask, please Disclaimer: Alliance owns 'em, not I. For Icecat62, for reasons to be seen. See what happens when you miss chat? This is for your enjoyment. For other dedication, see the end. *~*~*~*~*~ Benton Fraser ran his hand over the outside of his pocket again, assuring himself his package was still intact. Feeling the small cardboard box he opened the door to his apartment. Looking up he saw Meg Thatcher, his superior officer, standing with a sly smile on her face. "Did you get them?" she asked apprehensively. All Fraser could do was nod an affirmative. "Good. I'll go get the whipped cream and chocolate syrup while you get the other things!" Fraser stood there dumbfounded. He couldn't believe this was actually happening. Of all the experiences to share.... He snapped out of his reverie. He had to get the other supplies. He pulled the small package out of his pocket and set it on the tabletop. He'd had it wrapped in brown paper so no one would ask about his plans for the evening. "Meg, I hope eight will be enough. It's rather late and the gas station didn't have any larger boxes." "It's plenty. It's not like we each need our own or anything." Both could feel the tension building in the air. "Let's do this in the other room please, Ben." "Yes, a table is just not the proper place." *~*~*~*~*~ They lay in the center of the floor, half-dozing, the aftermath of their activities strewn about them. "You know, Constable, *no one* is to know this happened." "Understood perfectly, sir." "I mean, ice cream sundaes are one thing...." He nodded, "But it would not be in the best interests of the image of the RCMP if anyone found out that we spent the evening coloring." *~*~*~*~*~ Author's notes, continued: You ALL have your minds in the gutter. Welcome to the world of RSY. ;) Also to Jim Vickers and JenLG, for the crayon conversation which inspired this.