Entiteled Again Entiteled Again by Ffand "Are you all right Ray?" Fraser asked as they drove down the streets of Chicago in Ray's beautiful GTO. "Fine," the detective answered in an unusually short tone. "Are you sure?" "Yha, I'm sure." "Would you like to tell me something?" "Tell you something?" "Well, confession is good for the soul." "Don't you usually confessed to a priest?" "I've been told that talking to a Mountie it is like talking to a priest." "Who told you that?" Fraser glanced nervously out the window "Francesca," he said under his breath. "Franny!" "Yes, but that doesn't change the fact that you obviously have something on your mind that needs to be dealt with." In front of them the light turned yellow Ray sped up to make it but at the very last second he realized he couldn't. He slammed on the brakes and both men nearly fell out of their seats. "Damn!" He muttered as he slammed his hands against the steering wheel. "What's wrong Ray?" Fraser said with an overly large in dose of concern. "I don't know," the detective answered at length. "I just feel some... you know... some bad Mojo rising... the call of the wild, or something." "Ah," Fraser said nodding his head "I think I know what your problem is." "Yha?" Ray asked. "Yes, there's an Eclipse tonight." "An Eclipse, hun?" "Yes,Diefenbaker's been fiddgety all week in anticipation." "Great," Ray muttered. "I've got lupine instincts." "That's nothing to be ashamed of," Fraser said in a storytelling tone of voice. "Why, I once knew a woman . . ." "We're here." Ray said as he pulled into the 27th precincts in parking lot. Narrowly avoiding a long Inuit story. "So what's his name?" Ray asked Franny as they walked to interview room three. "Doctor Longball, he's a felon and they've got him with gun possession." "The guy is a doctor?" "Nope, that's his name, Doctor, he says he's got a sister named Nurse and a brother named Senator." "Who names their kids doctor!?" Ray asked no one in particular. Of course Fraser answered. "Well all parents want their children to be respected, Ray, some believe by giving them powerful names, such as doctor or senator, their children will have a better chance of succeeding in life." "Fraser!" Ray said sharply. "Yes Ray?" "That was the one of those, you know, rhetorical questions." "Oh," Fraser said as they walked into the examining room. "Okay," Ray said loudly to get the attention of the small man sitting at the table. "I'm ready for good story Doc, what were you doing with a gun?" "Is that a Mountie?" The man asked steering at Fraser. "Why yes," Fraser said. "My name is Constable Benton Fraser, I first came to Chicago on the trail of the killers of my father and, for reasons that, well really don't need exploring at this juncture, have remained attached as liaison to the Canadian consolet." "Oh," demand said. Ray glared at his partner, he was not helping at all. "All right, story time." "What?" Doc said, he looked confused, he wasn't the brightest crayon and in the box. "Why'ed you buy the gun?" "Oh, well I thought I could be of bounty Hunter." "A bounty Hunter?" "Yha, it sounded like easy money." Ray turned to Fraser and chuckled "easy money," his attention went back to Doc. "you realize your a your felon, i.e. we don't trust you, i.e. you can't have a gun!" "But I didn't use a gun last time!" "That doesn't matter, you commit a crime, you lose your right to bear arms. That's the law Bucko!" "What did he do last time?" Fraser asked. Ray gave him and annoyed glanced. "Just out of curiosity." "The guy is an arsonist," Ray said, throwing Fraser the rap sheet. "He was a running from the scene of the arson." Fraser read from the sheet. "While the target was burning down, the house next-door caught fire, causing over 2 million dollars in damage." "My friends wanted to do it, I said we shouldn't play with fire." "A likely story" Franny said from the door. "Franny do you want?" "Ray, Welch once to see you." "Fine," Ray said with frustration as he stormed out the door. "Hay, Fraser." Franny said with a huge smile. "Francesca." He said, smiling politely back at her. Ray popped his head back in and sighed "come on Franny!" He said as he grabbed her arm and pulled her out. Fraser shook his head, bewildered. "So do you Mountie's really saying?" Doc asked. "In fact, yes. Fraser said, "most do." "What do you sing?" "Me personally or Mounties in General?" "I want to know what the average Mountie sings." "The blues." Ray interrupted, as he came back into the interrogation room. "Never heard of Mountie and soul?" "That was quick." Fraser commented. "Lt. Just wanted to make sure I was in." "Seeing is believing," Fraser mused. "Yep, so Mr. Bounty Hunter, what exactly were you hunting?" "A spy." "A spy,huh, well that's too bad, because hunting season on spies ended on Monday." "Who was this spy?" Fraser asked. "His name was Naudalus." Doc answered. "This guy Pike sent me after him." Fraser and Ray exchanged glances. "What are the odds?" Fraser asked, amazement filling his voice. "No!" Ray said seeing all sorts of plans formulating in his Mountie friends mind. "I'm not playing another game of spy vs. spy." He turned back to his prisoner. "Why did you want to be a bounty Hunter?" "I wanted to be someone, you know. I heard about the bounty on this guy Naudalua and I thought well, this is my chance." He was obviously not in reality. "I could of been somebody . . . I could of been..." "A defendant is what you are." Stella Kowalski said as she stepped into the room. "Hey, Stella." Ray said with a smile. His ex-wife glared at him. He backed away like a puppy wacked with the newspaper. "Where is his lawyer?" She demanded. "Hasn't come yet." Ray said. Stella sighed, "this precinct is so out of order." She complained. "Welsh calls me down here, I get here to find the man I'm prosecuting lawyerless. On top of that, Heuie and Duwy sleeping on their desk." Fraser mused, "strange bed." "Fellows trying to make a fortune by devising relaxation techniques for the office." Ray said to explain. "Those two should be placed in asylum." Stella muttered. "Amen," Welsh said as he stepped into the now crowded interrogation room. Ray leaned over to Fraser "what did the Lt. Say?" "Amen." "Oh." "Why are you still interrogating this guy, detective?" Welsh demanded. "The station is full of people who need to be booked. We can't afford to waste time this way." "We have reason to believe that there are more complicated issues." Fraser started "you may remember the recent affairs involving..." "fine!" Well said, desperate to stop the Mountie's long story. "Just let me know if you make any progress." He opened the door and held it opened for Stella, "I think we should leave these three alone for a while." As the door was closing Fraser and Ray could hear Stella asked "could his behavior be accounted for by any medication the Mountie's on?" "The bounty for this guy Naudels." Ray said, trying to ignore Stella's remark as the door slam shut. "How do find out about it?"