Dogs Have All the Fun Every so often, I like to write a drabble -- a story of exactly 100 words. They're good exercise (the only kind of exercise I like!); they help keep those writing muscles in shape. This is my attempt at a Due South drabble. It's too long -- 160 words, according to the counter in my word processing program -- so call it a drabble and half! ;) Anyway, this is set during the episode "A Likely Story," while Fraser and Ray are camped out in the Tucci's backyard. Hope you like it! "Dogs Have All the Fun" by Aimee Ray's right: dogs have all the fun. They're not bound by rules, or society, or even common decency. They can simply do what they like. So if Dief wants to howl like a...well, like a wolf, at a woman's silhouette, he can and he does. That's why it's called animal instinct, I suppose. I, on the other hand, am a human being -- a Mountie, to be specific. Not only am I bound by rules, but it's also my job to enforce them. So if I want to, say, roll over to Ray sleeping next to me and devour him whole, to nail that beautiful, lean, sexy body to the ground without asking, without politeness, without consideration, without thought for the future -- to just *do* it -- well, I can't. And I don't. But Ray's so close we're touching. I can feel his body heat scorching me through our sleeping bags. And, looking at him, I want to howl. THE END Whoops!  I almost forgot to put in a disclaimer!  Fraser, Ray, and Dief are not mine.  They, and all things Due South related, belong to Alliance and a bunch of other people.  By writing this story, I am blatantly infringing on their copyright; however, I don't really care.