Lifeline The Due South Fiction Archive Entry Home Quicksearch Search Engine Random Story Upload Story   Lifeline by silvina Disclaimer: Standard Disclaimer. It all started when Manna said that "a little hurt goes a long way." Somehow I'm just picturing some of the over the top stories way long on the description and then you discover the truth-- Please send comments, questions, compliments, and otters to sdelcul@yahoo.com. Author's Notes: 11/30/05 The pain was exquisite. He could smell the blood, and it was turning his stomach. He couldn't believe this had happened to him; he'd always been so careful. And now this. It had happened to him, of all people. The urge to cry hit again, and he swallowed it down. Mounties didn't cry. The sound of the door opening tore his attention away from his condition and he shivered in fear. Who was it? "Benny? You here?" Ray. It was Ray. He almost fainted in relief. "Oh my God! Benny? Are you okay?" Good. Ray had his phone out and was dialing for help. Fraser stretched out his hand in a plea. "Ray, help me." Ray grabbed his hand and squeezed tightly. "It's okay, Benny. Help's on the way." With help from Ray he managed to pull himself together enough to be sitting up when help arrived. Francesca put her things away and watched with narrowed eyes as her brother comforted the Mountie. What a wuss, she thought. She was relieved that she'd broken up with Fraser. What kind of a idiot didn't know that the best way to prevent a hangnail was to use a little moistureizer?   End Lifeline by silvina Author and story notes above. Please post a comment on this story.