Frogs and Dirt The Due South Fiction Archive Entry Home Quicksearch Search Engine Random Story Upload Story   Frogs and Dirt by Kijikun Disclaimer: Nope I don't own Due south. Author's Notes: Written for the ds flashfiction dirty challenge. The little boy was covered in dirty from head to toe clutching his prize in his hands. "Lookie da, froggy!" He said proudly holding up the frog for inception. "For mommy." "Benton what on earth am I going to do with you son?" Robert Fraser was half doubled over with laughter. Benton looked up at him with wide blue eyes. "Caught it for mommy," he said again in case his father didn't understand. Robert shook his head. "I don't think your mother would appreciate a frog as much as I do, son." "No froggy?" Benton asked. "No, we'll let the frog go and get you cleaned up." Robert told Benton. Together they let go of the frog then Robert picked up his son. Benton patted his father's face leaving a dirt mark. "Bath?" "Your mother doesn't like dirt as much as we do I'm afraid, Benton." ******* Fraser awoke with a smile, it was a nice memory--dream. He wasn't sure if it was real and he couldn't imagine his father having tolerance for a dirt cover child. Or himself ever trying to give his mother a frog as a gift. He lay back down and tried to picture the scene in his head again. Himself covered in dirt and his father laughing the whole time.   End Frogs and Dirt by Kijikun Author and story notes above. Please post a comment on this story.